Sentry, can someone explain him for me?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xtrubeastxcs
Can anyone explain the Sentry, include the void

DarkCrawler
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html
^Ask questions there

Answer to your question...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_%28comics%29

xtrubeastxcs
thank you, wikipedia confused me... sadly

DarkCrawler
Sentry (Robert Reynolds one) is a confusing character. erm

Marcus4600
He's pretty uber though, even though he's kinda like the Terminator meets Superman.

xtrubeastxcs
ha yea he is a massive rip off supes, the only big differences are that they gave sentry light powers and he isnt an alien and he get powers from serums,oo and that he just goes from fight to fight without taking pride in what he does, like supes

hoorayforpeepee
supes and sentry are nothing alike as characters. the similarities in costume and base powerset are purely ironic, as sentry was intended to be marvel's superman (ie a quintessential representative hero).

cuz sentry is the "clay feet" concept x 1,000,000.

Juntai
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
supes and sentry are nothing alike as characters. the similarities in costume and base powerset are purely ironic, as sentry was intended to be marvel's superman (ie a quintessential representative hero).

cuz sentry is the "clay feet" concept x 1,000,000. They are tremendously alike, in motivation, in the 'holding the weight of the world on your shoulders', in the 'deciding who lives and dies' factor of which, Superman by powerset can hear/see every disaster on the planet.. he chooses which to go to. Who lives and dies. Sentry has cloc calculate for him. Superman does it in his head. Costume is alike, and very classic. Every version of Superman dates/marries a lady with an L name, whether it be Lois, Lana, Lorana, or in Sentry's case... Linda. Big Blue Boyscout, Golden Guardian of Good...Both have a Superdog. Need I go on?

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Juntai
They are tremendously alike, in motivation, in the 'holding the weight of the world on your shoulders', in the 'deciding who lives and dies' factor of which, Superman by powerset can hear/see every disaster on the planet.. he chooses which to go to. Who lives and dies. Sentry has cloc calculate for him. Superman does it in his head. Costume is alike, and very classic. Every version of Superman dates/marries a lady with an L name, whether it be Lois, Lana, Lorana, or in Sentry's case... Linda. Big Blue Boyscout, Golden Guardian of Good...Both have a Superdog. Need I go on? You haven't been following Sentry very closely. You only have the superficial view. There is a massive amount of mystery about Sentry and his "state of being" that still isn't resolved. There's still a good chance that the Sentry is insane.

BlaqChaos
and

Juntai
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
You haven't been following Sentry very closely. You only have the superficial view. There is a massive amount of mystery about Sentry and his "state of being" that still isn't resolved. There's still a good chance that the Sentry is insane. I haven't picked up the last two yet, but I've read up to it. Obviously he's going to have character quirks otherwise it's plagerism.. The rip-off-ness is very vast though, as I've pointed out.

BlaqChaos

BlaqChaos
Y'know, I've REALLY got to find out how to post more than one pic in a post.

Juntai
No use in posting it really, print is too small for me to read.

hoorayforpeepee
all those similiarities you mention are superficial, and in my opinion purely for irony for the reasons i said earlier. the actual characters are each opposite and equal: superman is totally representative of the metaheroic epic larger than life "a light to lead them" theme of DC. sentry is totally representative of marvel's "clay feet" paradigm.

Swanky-Tuna
Isn't Sentry like a psychopath or something who doesn't save people because he wants to but because he should? Or something like that?

Hit and Run

xtrubeastxcs
AHHH SENTRY IS AMAZING, i went to the comic store and bought all 6 sentry issues that have come out, along with planet hulk#1! good story line very interesting, CAN NOT wait for sentry part 7 and 8

Marcus4600
He is an amazing hero. He's one of those characters that you don't expect to be uber-complex, and yet he is. Good stuff.

Lucid Lui
Yeah, Sentry is one of the most interesting characters at Marvel at the moment. His mini has been nothing but great reading so far IMO.

I would like to see him used more in NA though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.