Tranquiltiy Bay/WWASP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Hey, anybody ever heard of these places or been to one?

I was in the Tranquility Bay facility from 12/2000- 08/2001.

It was like a bad boot camp, we did lots of pushups, drills, marching, had to take cold showers ( 3 min.) wash clothes outside in buckets, stuff like that.

That's not so bad, especially for a kid that deserves it ( I did smile ) but the ones who didn't play ball or broke a serious enough rule would get "restrained" with sometimes broken arms or dislocated shoulders.

The guards favorite thing was to grind ankles into concrete.

I heard many a kid scream being restrained while I tried to sleep.

Most of the stuff in this article is true.

It was kinda bad there, but I was a bigger shithead than most of the kids there, and I know that it helped me.

Still, some crazy stuff goes on there:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,11913,987172,00.html

(the link allows you to click on the second part of the story)

Capt_Fantastic
No one is willing to elect a former criminal to the city council?

What's wrong with you people? This is supposed to be heart warming stuff! You know, like a former coke head, alchie, draft dodger that's seen the light of baby Jesus....

Oh....

some one fell for the bullshit.

finti
Oh the river is deep
The river it touches my life like the waves on the sand
And all roads lead to Tranquillity Base
Where the frown on my face disappears
Take me back to my boat on the river
And I won't cry out anymore - Styx`s Boat On The River

Echuu
"The first most teenagers hear of Tranquility is therefore when they are woken from their beds at home at 4am by guards, who place them in a van, handcuffed if necessary, drive them to an airport and fly them to Jamaica. "

laughing out loud

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
No one is willing to elect a former criminal to the city council?

What's wrong with you people? This is supposed to be heart warming stuff! You know, like a former coke head, alchie, draft dodger that's seen the light of baby Jesus....

Oh....

some one fell for the bullshit.

Who were the majority who voted...

Cause all I'm seeing is the Stereotypical uneducated red neck waving his flag in front of his Castle *cough*trailer*cough* shouting "Go get those cave dwellers, Teach them to try to impeach on the freedoms of the god bless American states...."

Why isn't there an IQ system on the voting... If your not above 70 ya ant votin!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'd vote for an ant if it had strong convictions that I felt were in accordance to my own.

sithsaber408
Anyways, back on topic:

This organization, WWASP has several programs in the U.S., and one in Jamaica.

One in Mexico, and another in Samoa were shut down due to child abuse.

These places are hard to explain, and hard to describe if you were never actually in one.

Check out this video, it's an hour long, and it does a good job of explaining the overall program, and it's problems, and the kids who have suffered from it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4825219190196191412&q=WWASP&pl=true

(the only thing missing is a video of the day in the life a kid there.)

Imperial_Samura
Sounds like fun, fun, fun.

They did a documentry about it, and places like it, in Australia not long ago (I think in response to somebody actually wanting to build something like that here, fortunatly they got beat down. And hopefully sent for reeducation themselves.)

Looked horrible, but then I guess if low grade torture and all that jazz has some effect who am I to complain (*bites tongue*)

Ah huh.

Ah huh.

Well you should learn it is rude to point Dignity.

I just know if I was there I would laugh imagining them saying "Take of your watch mon." Which would mean I would probably loosing speaking privleges (because I like rolling my eyes to)

sithsaber408
Or "can I use the restroom?"

Noah! (what it sounds like when they say no.)

Ya need fa sit dow-un!

Damn Jamaicans, that place was crappy.

Darth Jello
wasn't the prototype for this the back in control center, run by ex-LAPD cops who used a manual that called the bald eagle, the peace sign, and the star of david satanic symbols?

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
This is supposed to be heart warming stuff! You know, like a former coke head, alchie, draft dodger that's seen the light of baby Jesus....

eek! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth Jello
Yeah, those places should be shut down and the staff, and anyone involved should be jailed or worse.
I have a real psychological issue with being restrained and I know that if I was ever detained at tranquility bay or one of the other sites I would probably kill one of the guards before being restrained.

sithsaber408
Say that when when six or seven Jamaicans who are 250+ pounds are holding you down. wink

I saw a bunch of kids try to fight it, and they just got their ankles ground into concrete.

I was only restrained once, on my first day there, becuase I hit the first kid who smirked at me.

(having just been "kidnapped" and sent there, I was in no mood for such mockery)

But they were cool about it, they just held me down until I was calm.

Then I laid on my face for three days. blink

Darth Jello
yeah, that's where thai kwon do and muay thai come in. If a bunch of guys with sadistic tendancies put me in a situation where I feel like my life is threatened, someone is gonna have gouged eyes, or a crushed trachea or a nose shoved into gray matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.