Worst Political move(Singular)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Human Smoke
History Forum Tester 3.

This is the third tester for the new History Forum.

What was the worst Political move ever made in recorded history?
This is a contest Debate. Whoever wins, will win a Custom sig made by yours truly and your choice of type and every specification.

Wesker
Shit...

1- Hitler: "Let's attack Russia and declare war on the US!"

2- Marcus Aurelius: "Hey, Commodus... you can have my title when I'm gone."

3- Louis XVI: "I'll invite the representatives of the Third Estate to Versailles and ask them their grievances while we dine on golden plates!"

4- Charlemagne: "To my sons, I leave the entire empire. Let them divide is ah... equally. Yeah."

5- Japan: "Okay gentlemen... the target is Pearl Harbor..."

Human Smoke
WOW, good choices.
I'd have to say Louis XVI has the first lead.

soleran30
England's policy on Tax's in the Thirteen colonies, lol just think if they would have just been lenient where would England be today?

Darth Jello
Caligula-Let's have infants give me blow jobs, screw my sister, arbitrarily rape and kill my own citizens, and make my horse a senator!!!

Wesker
Yeah, that guy was a bit slow in the head. Personally, I would have used the Swiss and German mercenaries to fill that Tennis Court with lead, then blame the atrocity on a noble and plant evidence against him. Then, I'd appropriate the noble's lands to help the failing economy and raise taxes on nobles to "honor the wishes of the late Third Estate". I'd completely abolish Marie's spending habits and make all her purchases having to be cleared by me first off, thus reducing unneccessary spending. And then I'd WTFpwn some small neighboring country to help again, with the budget.

Human Smoke
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Caligula-Let's have infants give me blow jobs, screw my sister, arbitrarily rape and kill my own citizens, and make my horse a senator!!!
That's unfair. no expression

Czar Nicholas II- I'll lose you a war, kill your husbands, and be too stupid to buy guns.

Wesker
Kaiser Wilhelm: "I'll sign a treaty with Austria-Hungary."

Human Smoke
Originally posted by Wesker
Kaiser Wilhelm: "I'll sign a treaty with Austria-Hungary." laughing

Clinton- "Come 'eer and give me a BJ."

soleran30
Originally posted by Human Smoke
laughing

Clinton- "Come 'eer and give me a BJ."

The problem doesn't lay with that statement but the fact it was Monica.............................I mean if she was a super hottie they would have allowed one more term of a Good Will Presidencysmile

The Black Ghost
When Gaul decided it was going to break from Rome and become a seperate nation called France. laughing out loud

Human Smoke
Catholic church- "Lets make the Jews bankers."

RedAlertv2
When God said, "Gee, if I make them in my own image, how bad could they possibly get?"

finti
Jews -"Barabbas, Barabbas, Barabbas"

debbiejo
Shit...

3- Louis XVI: "I'll invite the representatives of the Third Estate to Versailles and ask them their grievances while we dine on golden plates!"

4- Charlemagne: "To my sons, I leave the entire empire. Let them divide is ah... equally. Yeah."

5- Japan: "Okay gentlemen... the target is Pearl Harbor..." I like these.

Or you could say the problems between the Arab nations and Jews.

Essau: Sure Jacob I'll give you my birthright for some pottage. What the heck was he thinkin?
huh

Storm
Originally posted by Darth Jello
It' s a story that stems from Caligula' s continual stream of jokes. The remark that he felt Incitatus was as well qualified as any of the incumbents, was a way to ridicule and anger the senate.

Echuu
The assassination of Gauis Julius Caeser. In my opinion Rome, and consequently the rest of the world, would be significantly different if it weren't for his death.

WrathfulDwarf
Worst Political Move?

Napoleon invades Russia in 1812.

No contest. No one can beat that one. I win! Now give me my siggy!

Bardock42
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Now, give Dougy his sig.

debbiejo
I know that quote...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
I know that quote...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Me too.

debbiejo
Plagiarist........ stick out tongue

I still think I should win.......look at the problems between the Arabs and Jews........One gods chosen people and one not.....All because of Essau...bad bad Essau...

Shakyamunison
It was that guy who decided to come down from the trees. stick out tongue laughing

All of the problems were caused by that. It's hard to fight wars in a tree.

debbiejo
What guy in the Tree??.....haha.................OK, it's Eves fault.........It's her her her.........Oh, and Adam too.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It was that guy who decided to come down from the trees. stick out tongue laughing

All of the problems were caused by that. It's hard to fight wars in a tree.

Some people even think we should have never left the Oceans in the first place.

debbiejo
I was pretty happy as a single celled organism.....

soleran30
The UN allowing the creation of The State of Israel in 1948.

Human Smoke
Hitler- "Lets kill off the Jews. Slowly...."

soleran30
The Polish-------rather then flee the country it was more like----------Everyone see the Tanks coming? Mount up we have a country to defend with our horsies

Wesker
Mao- "Hey, this Stalin guy know how to run a country..."

Human Smoke
Mao- "Hey, this Stalin guy know how to run a country..." laughing
USA- Let's take the Jews out the ovens and put 'em in the middle east.

soleran30
laughing
USA- Let's take the Jews out the ovens and put 'em in the middle east.

wow I don't think I should find that quip humorous but strangely I dosmile

Now bust me out that wicked Sig you promised me since I set that one up for you!

Human Smoke
This is supposed to be a debate. If you give a good arguement, that nowbody can destroy, you win.

soleran30
Treaty of Paris 1783-------Take this land of the Native Americans as a gesture of our good will

docb77
How 'bout the some tribe of indians selling Manhattan to us white folk, when it actually belonged to another tribe!!

docb77
There's a nice list at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Talk:List_of_incidents_famously_considered_great_b
lunders

It's got some good ones, but I think I'm gonna go with the Trojan horse. lol

Although, can you imagine if Hitler had gone after the middle-eastern oil instead of russia. :shudder:

The Black Ghost
That would have been a good political move- for hitler at least.

Storm
Originally posted by docb77
It's got some good ones, but I think I'm gonna go with the Trojan horse. lol
Depending from your point of view.

A lot of those moves are rather military than political.

DiamondBullets
Nixon: "Here's the room number, the key, and the name of the files. Oh, and make it snappy, would ya!?"

Echuu
This is supposed to be a debate. If you give a good arguement, that nowbody can destroy, you win.

Caeser's death resulted in the collapse of the Roman Republic...... that's a pretty important result from a bad political move. wink

sig????? eek! stick out tongue

Wesker
I still think the string of bad decisions made by Louis XVI pretty much outstrips others as "worst political moves". That is, if we're assuming it's bad judgment, or are we talking about long-reaching consequences? There's a distinct difference there.

Fire
Shit...

5- Japan: "Okay gentlemen... the target is Pearl Harbor..."

First of all good topic, seems like I should be dropping by more often

1- Now that was really a stupid idea, I was wondering has any force in modern warfare ever won an aggressive war with Russia?

2- Dunno if it was that stupid, should refresh my Roman History.

3- That's just low and dumb, but I wouldn't let this one win

4- I don't see how that is soo bad, sure it caused for the collaps of his kingdom, but don't you think that if he had given everything to one son, it might have resulted in sibling strife? (Best to have one kid in that context IMO).

5- Japan needed to take out Pearl Harbor ofr it's conquest of the pacific having any hopes of succes. Yes Pearl Harbor brought the americans into the war, but they would have gotten in the war anyhow. Maybe not with Japan, directly but I wonder if Japan would have declared war on the US, when the US eventually decleared war on Nazi Germany.

so I think 1. was your best option

Wesker
Louis' decision to play stupid with the Third Estate after over a hundred years of the Bourbon royal family screwing the peasant class and being ridiculously rich pushed France into revolution AND social instability that persists to this day. It also paved the way for men like Robespierre and Napoleon to come to power, the latter's forays into Prussian territory left a deep-seated hatred of the French in German history and helped solidify the German petty states into one Empire, which in turn led to militarism and a fear of a French revolution, giving Kaiser Wilhelm II absolute power (Since Bismarck feared an "anarchy" such as what France had) who in turn capriciously led his people into WWI. This caused a tragic and vicious defeat that left scars on the German people and paved the way for the Nazi regime that in turn left scars on Western society.

So you see, all Louis had to do was not invite the Third Estate to Versailles and grant them the type of government they wanted, and it would have drastically effected the next two hundred and fifty years of social turmoil in Europe.

Capt_Fantastic
The battle of Kadesh.

Fire
Louis' decision to play stupid with the Third Estate after over a hundred years of the Bourbon royal family screwing the peasant class and being ridiculously rich pushed France into revolution AND social instability that persists to this day. It also paved the way for men like Robespierre and Napoleon to come to power, the latter's forays into Prussian territory left a deep-seated hatred of the French in German history and helped solidify the German petty states into one Empire, which in turn led to militarism and a fear of a French revolution, giving Kaiser Wilhelm II absolute power (Since Bismarck feared an "anarchy" such as what France had) who in turn capriciously led his people into WWI. This caused a tragic and vicious defeat that left scars on the German people and paved the way for the Nazi regime that in turn left scars on Western society.

So you see, all Louis had to do was not invite the Third Estate to Versailles and grant them the type of government they wanted, and it would have drastically effected the next two hundred and fifty years of social turmoil in Europe.

I'm not sure I totally agree with you. But it's a nice theory

w00t2112
Mao Zedong - "lets burn every single scholar and abolish schooling, also i want all my key supporters eliminated and i will purge my country into poverty."

Human Smoke

Gah! If I make you a sig, you better find me a good render.

grey fox
Hmm i got one .

Custer-Here have this useless land which we'll invade as soon as the slightest hint of gold is found.....

WrathfulDwarf
When you think about it....Hitler's attack on Russian wasn't really stupid. See, he knew history...and he new Napoleon had suceed invading Russia. He knew once inside Russia he would have conquer the eastern front which was the most bloodiest of the war.

Now back in the good Old U.S the worst political move was Custer last stand on Battle of the Little Bighorn.

Human Smoke
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
When you think about it....Hitler's attack on Russian wasn't really stupid. See, he knew history...and he new Napoleon had suceed invading Russia. He knew once inside Russia he would have conquer the eastern front which was the most bloodiest of the war.

Now back in the good Old U.S the worst political move was Custer last stand on Battle of the Little Bighorn.
The last one isn't a political move wink

Darth Jello
Dracula-Hey, i'll slaughter 300,000 of my people, including monks of all faiths, then convert to catholicism as a political move so the orthodox church doesn't protect me and puts a price on my head

Lord Melkor
But wasn`t Stalin planning to attack the Germany as well? I think that the clash was inevitable, we are talking about two most infamous dictators in the history of humankind.

Great Vengeance
The Bay of Pigs is often called 'the perfect failure'...I'd say this takes the cake for sheer political ineptitude.

If you want negative long reaching effects for humanity, the fall of rome stopped what otherwise could eventually of become a glorius world order far more advanced and peaceful than us as we are.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
The Bay of Pigs is often called 'the perfect failure'...I'd say this takes the cake for sheer political ineptitude.

If you want negative long reaching effects for humanity, the fall of rome stopped what otherwise could eventually of become a glorius world order far more advanced and peaceful than us as we are.

The perfect failure is much like the rest of history, written by the victors. Oh, the US didn't win? Now you understand why I said the "battle of Kadesh".

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
The perfect failure is much like the rest of history, written by the victors. Oh, the US didn't win? Now you understand why I said the "battle of Kadesh".

I fail to see a coherent point...I might just be a bit slow today so no offense.

grey fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

I have to agree their , when i was in school i made a rough estimate and custer had around 1/60th of his opponents forces.

Great Vengeance
This is off-topic...but gray fox did you get your name from ES IV ?

Darth Jello
The War On Terror-Hey instead of infiltrating and destroying terrorist groups from within in the time tested way (like we did to peace and civil rights groups in the sixties and are still doing now), let's engage them directly militarily along with anyone else who remotely seems like a terrorist as long as they aren't white and/or don't have business interests in the United States.

Tshern

The idea itself was not that stupid, but the way of carrying it out sucked big time. I can explain it briefly and simplyfying.

Firstly, Hitler didn't have a main goal that would be the top priority which would get the main support of the army. Instead of setting a definitive goal, like reaching and capturing Moscow, his opinions changed all the time and that made organising the attack extremely difficult.

Secondly, he let his racial prejudice to step in between of him and the victory. During the first months of Operation Barbarossa many soldiers of the USSR surrendered and asked permissions to help German soldiers to overthrow Stalin. Hitler disregarded them and sent them to work in labour camps. Some historians estimate that out of 3 million Russians working in the labour camps perhaps 2 million would have helped Germany.

Thirdly, at first he accepted the plan made by Erich Marcks, who had created a great plan consisting of two main objectives: 1. Destroying the main weapon facilities of the USSR, these factories were located around Moscow, Leningrad and Ukraine. 2. Conquering Moscow. The big H and Germany's military management accepted the plan and regarded it magnificent. Later Hitler decided to carry out a worse plan and the results were explained already...

Fourthly, Stalin managed to turn his people against Hitler. That's what you get for not taking them along, Mister H. They fervently fought against the Nazis even though most of their officers sucked.

Fifthly, the Soviet Union had more resources, soldiers and possibilities to make more military equipment. Germany was simply outproduced.
Russia's advantage in resources was easy to see in the battle of Stalingrad as Germans were simply outlasted.

soleran30
HANDS down biggest Political Mistake ( was still a war type event)

100,000 to 120,000 Persions attacking 300 Greeks at Battle of Thermopylae and being held back!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Tshern

The idea itself was not that stupid, but the way of carrying it out sucked big time. I can explain it briefly and simplyfying.

Firstly, Hitler didn't have a main goal that would be the top priority which would get the main support of the army. Instead of setting a definitive goal, like reaching and capturing Moscow, his opinions changed all the time and that made organising the attack extremely difficult.

Secondly, he let his racial prejudice to step in between of him and the victory. During the first months of Operation Barbarossa many soldiers of the USSR surrendered and asked permissions to help German soldiers to overthrow Stalin. Hitler disregarded them and sent them to work in labour camps. Some historians estimate that out of 3 million Russians working in the labour camps perhaps 2 million would have helped Germany.

Thirdly, at first he accepted the plan made by Erich Marcks, who had created a great plan consisting of two main objectives: 1. Destroying the main weapon facilities of the USSR, these factories were located around Moscow, Leningrad and Ukraine. 2. Conquering Moscow. The big H and Germany's military management accepted the plan and regarded it magnificent. Later Hitler decided to carry out a worse plan and the results were explained already...

Fourthly, Stalin managed to turn his people against Hitler. That's what you get for not taking them along, Mister H. They fervently fought against the Nazis even though most of their officers sucked.

Fifthly, the Soviet Union had more resources, soldiers and possibilities to make more military equipment. Germany was simply outproduced.
Russia's advantage in resources was easy to see in the battle of Stalingrad as Germans were simply outlasted.

Yeah Hitler pretty much sucks.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
I fail to see a coherent point...I might just be a bit slow today so no offense.

when you loose, make it up. At that point, like many that followed, there's no way the people could know anything other than what they were told by those in power. So, if you fight to a stand-still, lie. Tell your people you won heroically. Then, make up a peace treaty to fool anyone who asks "what?", "why?" or "how?"

Tshern
First of all, there were a few hundred Spartans who fought the Persians AND they were backed up by a few thousand Greeks. Persia still sucked like hell, they had like 200 000 soldiers against some 7000.

soleran30
Originally posted by Tshern
First of all, there were a few hundred Spartans who fought the Persians AND they were backed up by a few thousand Greeks. Persia still sucked like hell, they had like 200 000 soldiers against some 7000.

Reinforcements came later it wasn't 7000 initially and Spartans=Greeks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.