Wha, Huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marcus4600
Okay, I'm confused. Woverine takes out the Fantastic 4, Spider-Man, and Electra in Enemy of the State? Last time I checked, all of those characters would womp Wolverine!

"Spidey's guts were out like spaghetti?"

What the hell? Would someone explain what the heck is going on?

SnakeEyes
No.

hoorayforpeepee
imagine ennis on punisher only with awful writing and insanely amplified fanboy tendencies.

Lucid Lui
C'mon, you don't seriously think that the whole Fantastic Four could even dream of taking on Wolverine? Especially in their home turf surrounded by an abundance of the best tech the world has to offer?

Who do you think is going to take out the Collective? It ain't gonna be Sentry.

Marcus4600
Wow. I've heard of Millar being off on his writing, but that's just ridiculous. By no way, shape, or form could Wolverine take the Fantastic Four. To be honest, it's ruining the characters he faces while elevating a meh character. It's just as bad as the Identity Crisis fight between Slade and the Justice League.

Femi32
huh I've heard of Wolverine's jobber aura, but I didn't think it was that strong.

grey fox
Jesus christ , i didn't think writers could get any stupider . I mean spider-man maybe (under the right conditions EG: No webs, No jumping , No spider sense wink ) and Electra could be a probable maybe as well (disregarding psychic powers)

But the F4 stomp wolverine . I even saw a few panels where thing just picks up wolverine and bonks him on the head knocking the hairy little runt unconscious.

Irish Wolverine
He didn't take out Spider-Man. A cop on the street thought he had, it turned out it was someone else. He also didn't actually beat Electra. She stabbed her sais into his neck, which paralyzed him, but he had set a bomb, and it blew a hole in the ship they were in, so the water carried her away. The reason he was taking other people out is that he was amplified with badass technology. His fight against the Thing was lame as hell, though. He took him out by stabbing him only once. I love Wolverine, but that was bullshit.

Khellendros
Yeah.... you didn't actually READ the friggin books, did you?

Marcus4600
Read the first one, and was in utter shock when I discussed the others.

Juntai
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Wow. I've heard of Millar being off on his writing, but that's just ridiculous. By no way, shape, or form could Wolverine take the Fantastic Four. To be honest, it's ruining the characters he faces while elevating a meh character. It's just as bad as the Identity Crisis fight between Slade and the Justice League. After all of those guys, Wolverine went and took on 40 thousand guys at once or something, fought off some other heros and stuff too...

Juntai
Originally posted by Irish Wolverine
He didn't take out Spider-Man. A cop on the street thought he had, it turned out it was someone else. He also didn't actually beat Electra. She stabbed her sais into his neck, which paralyzed him, but he had set a bomb, and it blew a hole in the ship they were in, so the water carried her away. The reason he was taking other people out is that he was amplified with badass technology. His fight against the Thing was lame as hell, though. He took him out by stabbing him only once. I love Wolverine, but that was bullshit. He didn't beat Electra because he she sneak-attacked him while he was distracted. But he accomplished what he set out to do anyways.

DarkCrawler
Okay, I'm confused. Woverine takes out the Fantastic 4, Spider-Man, and Electra in Enemy of the State? Last time I checked, all of those characters would womp Wolverine!

"Spidey's guts were out like spaghetti?"

What the hell? Would someone explain what the heck is going on?

Not to mention that he also took out Namor...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Knightfall93
holy shit! Why was Wolvie attacking them anyway!?

steverules
Wolverine didn't take on spidey but he did take on DD. The hornet who got killed by wolverine was mistaken for spidey for some stupid reason by a S.H.I.E.L.D guy.

willRules
Short Summary of enemy of the state.

Wolverine got beaten up by a bad guy called Gorgon. He got resurrected as a villain. Then he got beaten up by Elektra but escaped, took on the FF and did really well (he should have been stomped by them). He escaped. He then took on DD. DD mopped the floor with him. Logan escaped. Again. Then he took on the X-men, they were winning and he got really beaten up, he tried to escape but Captain America knocked him out.

Rewmac
You give Logan very low respect though big grin

willRules
Originally posted by Rewmac
You give Logan very low respect though big grin

True but he did do very well against the FF. I will give him credit for that............big grin

Rewmac
He did very all over, it was all planned he used other skillz more than just claws and cheap monologues....

Khellendros
Originally posted by willRules
Short Summary of enemy of the state.

Wolverine got beaten up by a bad guy called Gorgon. He got resurrected as a villain. Then he got beaten up by Elektra but escaped, took on the FF and did really well (he should have been stomped by them). He escaped. He then took on DD. DD mopped the floor with him. Logan escaped. Again. Then he took on the X-men, they were winning and he got really beaten up, he tried to escape but Captain America knocked him out.
I wouldn't call what he did "taking on" the FF. He smacked Jonny around a bit while getting the bejeezus burnt out of his arms, stabbed Thing in the shoulder, then had to retreat when Susan started suffocating him with a bubble in the lungs. The whole time it was made very clear that being found by them was the worst thing that could happen to his mission.

willRules
Originally posted by Khellendros
I wouldn't call what he did "taking on" the FF. He smacked Jonny around a bit while getting the bejeezus burnt out of his arms, stabbed Thing in the shoulder, then had to retreat when Susan started suffocating him with a bubble in the lungs. The whole time it was made very clear that being found by them was the worst thing that could happen to his mission.

I was just summarising, but I agree yes

olympian
"I've heard of Wolverine's jobber aura, but I didn't think it was that strong"

Hes the third power in Marvel. You also have the Spiderman jobber aura and the biggest one of all, the Captain America jobber aura.

Marcus4600
I disagree. Wolverine has the uber-jobber, kinda like Slade, who has jobber written all over him. I don't see Cap job that often, or Spidey. However, Apocalypse is another case.

willRules
I disagree. Wolverine has the uber-jobber, kinda like Slade, who has jobber written all over him. I don't see Cap job that often, or Spidey. However, Apocalypse is another case.

I agree yes

Femi32
Originally posted by olympian
"I've heard of Wolverine's jobber aura, but I didn't think it was that strong"

Hes the third power in Marvel. You also have the Spiderman jobber aura and the biggest one of all, the Captain America jobber aura.

Who are the top 3 in DC?

Marcus4600
Slade
Batman
and I don't know who the third is. Superman did job Thor pretty bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.