Namor The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spideys Sister
Alot of ppl like Namor (I don't know why) So I'm asking in a movie about Namor what would it be about who would play Namor and what would you like to see.

DarkCrawler
There is a thread about actor of Namor already:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t379937.html

As for the movie, I think it should be set to 1940's. Namor attacking New York. Then finding out that they are not inhuman monsters there (With the help of Betty Dean, his love in comics during the 1940's). At the end of the movie, he could be defending them against invading Atlantean forces that are manipulated to attack surface world by the evil but intelligent Warlord Krang and his subordinate Attuma, a furious barbaric soldier whose strength nearly matches Namor. In the final end, Namor would confront his grandfather, Emperor of Atlanteans and make him realize that attacking the surface world is wrong.

I'd like that kind of movie. Wouldn't break comic book continuity that much either.

And people like Namor because he's, well, badass and has a long history of being the first character of Marvel Comics among others (and second comic book hero of all time). And he has complex and interesting personality when you get into it.

More in here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360473&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

redcaped
This guy is like Hulk...awfully strong and opposed to the world.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by redcaped
This guy is like Hulk...awfully strong and opposed to the world.

He's like the Hulk with an IQ in the positive numbers and a stick up his ass wink

Although that stick is made of pure awesome. Because Namor, for being a stuck-up douchebag, is a total badass.

CaptainStoic
When I really think about all of the trouble that they would have to go through to make a Namor movie, I think that perhaps it should all be done in CGI... imagine the main star being devoured by a very real, very hungry shark! C'mon face it how the hell would they do it? Olympic sized pool?

TheKahn
ninja

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2355/namor3uk3vr.jpg

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by TheKahn
ninja

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2355/namor3uk3vr.jpg

One more time and I AM going to shoot and kill you. mad

Knightfall93
Originally posted by TheKahn
ninja

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2355/namor3uk3vr.jpg NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheKahn
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
One more time and I AM going to shoot and kill you. mad

embarrasment

surrender

whistling

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/498/20050914090236rocknamor0qb.th.jpg

Knightfall93
ROFLMAO...

The Kahn
R.I.P

TheKahn

DarkCrawler
big grin

You were saved this time...mad

Interesting news, though. I'm not sure about Reynolds as Namor though...

DarkCrawler
"Peter Cuneo (Marvel's vice chairman): That is a definite buy. That film with Universal is well into development. We call it "Star Wars Underwater." Namor was first created in 1939 by Marvel. It is one of our older characters, oldest characters. It is a great story, and we are very excited about Namor."

Guy there should check his facts though. Namor wasn't actually created by Marvel in first place...

TheKahn
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
"Peter Cuneo (Marvel's vice chairman): That is a definite buy. That film with Universal is well into development. We call it "Star Wars Underwater." Namor was first created in 1939 by Marvel. It is one of our older characters, oldest characters. It is a great story, and we are very excited about Namor."

Guy there should check his facts though. Namor wasn't actually created by Marvel in first place...

I'd be more concerned with the whole "Star Wars Underwater" phrase... wink shifty

DarkCrawler
Well yeah, that too.

"Namor, use the force"

"Neptune? Is that you?"

"You must defeat your father to become a Jedi Knight..."

"...my father is dead."

Knightfall93
LMAO... that film would ROCK...

littleredhat
Hi I'm the new girl.

I love the idea of it being set in the 40's or even the exact date of Namor's real world debeu.

At the end you would see Namor preparing to fight Nazis and some allusions to his new flaming and patriotic partners. wink

roughrider
Jason Statham as Namor.
He's got the physique, and can do action.

Thunderstrike
He doesn't have the hair though.

roughrider
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
He doesn't have the hair though.

He can get the hair; along with the ears, and the speedo. wink

Thunderstrike
Jason Statham in a speedo? sick
http://www.cnn.com/EVENTS/1997/star.wars.anniversary/where.are.they/darth.vader.lg.jpg
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Knightfall93
heh... how about Mark Hamill as Namor?

roughrider
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Jason Statham in a speedo? sick
http://www.cnn.com/EVENTS/1997/star.wars.anniversary/where.are.they/darth.vader.lg.jpg
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He was once on the British Olympic Swim Team, so he's even built like how a powerful swimmer should be.

Syndicate_Lord
hmmm... I still vote Mark Hamill! Or if that fails, they always have the kid who plays Baby Luke in ROTS...

roughrider
A wrinkled 55-year old as Namor - hmmm... roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by roughrider
He was once on the British Olympic Swim Team, so he's even built like how a powerful swimmer should be. That's actually pretty good...at least his physique is fitting for Namor.

Mr. Valentine
hes not very princely, and he has a rubbish accent sad

roughrider
Voice lessons - vast amounts of English & Irish actors get them at some time.
And, I would let him sport Namor's long haired look.

roughrider
Like so...

roughrider
Ain't It Cool News has a different idea, though. French actor Oliver Martinez.

Syndicate_Lord
Hmmm... I was just flicking through one of the classics that was reprinted in Fantastic Four Adventures and namor's such a lame villain then... now he's actually pretty bad ass, very big change...

Thunderstrike
Ain't It Cool News has a different idea, though. French actor Oliver Martinez.

no
Not the dickhead from SWAT. He was a horrible actor. Statham would be better for it. There aren't many people who could play Namor though. If Christian Bale hadn't already played Batman, I would give it to him. He looks more Namorish than Bruce Wayneish.

DarkCrawler
Voice lessons - vast amounts of English & Irish actors get them at some time.
And, I would let him sport Namor's long haired look.

No fabio hair. sick

It's just...it's just not cool...sad

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Syndicate_Lord
Hmmm... I was just flicking through one of the classics that was reprinted in Fantastic Four Adventures and namor's such a lame villain then... now he's actually pretty bad ass, very big change...

Everybody were lame then. :P

Thunderstrike
The question is, would the Pimp Hand make an appearance?

DarkCrawler
It better will. cool

Syndicate_Lord
I want to see him pund Tony Stark again...

Thunderstrike
Illuminati wasn't the first time. Namor has little rivalries with Iron Man and Thor.

Now that I think about it, Statham could play Black Bolt.

badabing
If Keanu Reeves bulked up, could he play Namor?

The_Olympian
no

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by badabing

Never.

The_Olympian
Much better said than "No", you've surpassed me in your answer Darkcrawler big grin

I don't even LIKE Namor all that much and think he deserves more respect than Keanu Reeves!

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by The_Olympian

I don't even LIKE Namor all that much and think he deserves more respect than Keanu Reeves!

Yeah, Keanu is...

...What did I hear? Someone doesn't like Namor...?

It is my sworn duty to convert anyone to Namor side...

Resistance is futile. You WILL like him.

yes

The_Olympian
We went through this, dude. I was the guy that said I liked aquaman better. Until you start Sending me Namor Comics Via the mail, I will probably not be able to grow to liking him. I just don't have the funds to keep up with buying Namor Comics, man... Sorry smile

DarkCrawler
Just because you like someone better, it doesn't mean that you can't like someone else too...I like Namor better but I still like Aquaman too...

The_Olympian
Okay, I'll say this... I Respect Namor.. but everthing I've read that has to do with him has been very bleak and boring writing.. show me something that IS good and I'll go for it. (Maybe we should continue this discussion on the Respect Namor thread)

Dynamic One
Originally posted by littleredhat
Hi I'm the new girl.

I love the idea of it being set in the 40's or even the exact date of Namor's real world debeu.

At the end you would see Namor preparing to fight Nazis and some allusions to his new flaming and patriotic partners. wink

Hahaha, she said flaming.

roughrider
Originally posted by badabing

sick

littleredhat
Hi I'm the not so new girl.

As far as Namor in film, I would love to see him as the antagonist in a Fantastic four movie.

The main baddie would be somone like the Wizard,who tricks Namor into fighting the FF but gets his in the end at the hands of the avenging son.

Then we could have the classic Reed/Sue/Namor love triangle. What with Reed ignoring Sue and then Sue getting swept away by Namor only to return to Reed for whatever reason she always does.

I've got he teaser trailer all worked out.

Sue is all set to go to the beach but Reed is too deep into his work and brushes her off.

So Sue goes anyway and we see her swiming alone at night.

Cue Jaws style underwater view sequence.

Tension builds.

Still building.

A very good looking Namor pops out and smiles rakeishly at Sue. She's shocked but then smiles back.

Be sure to keep your girlfriend out of the water. evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.