UK Hostage Norman Kember and 2 Canadian Fellow Hostages Freed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Just heard on the news that UK Hostage Norman Kember and his 2 Canadian Fellow Hostages have been freed, by troops in Iraq.

Apparently Allied Forces captured 2 Iraqi militants who gave them the information last night. Mr Kember , who is in his 60's seems to be in good health, whereas his younger fellow hostages have been admitted to hospital.

papabeard
NB, they had been held captive for 4 months, and had been on TV several times, another person an american who was held with them, was found dead around 2 weeks ago. Possibly killed because he was american.

soleran30
Originally posted by papabeard
NB, they had been held captive for 4 months, and had been on TV several times, another person an american who was held with them, was found dead around 2 weeks ago. Possibly killed because he was american.

Its a good day to be Canadian..............ok I jest, seriously though I am glad they were "saved."

Inspectah Deck
I wonder why they killed the Americans instead of the Canadians?

papabeard
I think the militants may perceive America as the ringleader of the invasion, and again in previous hostage situations, the American hostages were killed first, it seems to be a pattern.

manny321
true a Canadian was taken in the Gaza strip and was let go because he convinced the captors he was Canadian.
He said something very odd "Thankgod i wasn't American"

amity75
Silly old fool should get his arse kicked for going in the first place and putting his rescuers lives at risk. And it was on the news tonight that he won't thank his rescuers because he didn't ask to be rescued. What a plonker.

Wesker
I ain't the one you want, eh? Let me go, eh?

amity75
Imagine going to a Muslim country like Iraq as a Christian peacekeeper. It's like going to a kkk meeting with a snoop dogg t shirt on.

Wesker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.