Squadron supreme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thesilverspider
Great start IMO the first issue was a good intro to their new ongoing I'm sure to be picking this up for now on................. smile

Marcus4600
Have you read Supreme power?

thesilverspider
yes..........

Sir SKEETS Alot
Am I the only on who read this and is looking forward to the series...............................confused

Thunderstrike
It's gonna be amazing. Strazynski (Spellcheck?) has done great with it.

Sir SKEETS Alot
This is his best work but his spider-man sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Adam
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
This is his best work but his spider-man sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

I'm thinking of dropping Amz. The only reason I still pick it up anymore is because of habit/Tradition.

As for Squadron Supreme

I can't wait for the second issue.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Black Adam
Agreed.

I'm thinking of dropping Amz. The only reason I still pick it up anymore is because of habit/Tradition.

As for Squadron Supreme

I can't wait for the second issue.
I'm not dropping Amazing cause I got a subscription............ sad

H. S. 6
Squadron Supreme has an awesome opening. I'll be waiting for the second issue.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Squadron Supreme has an awesome opening. I'll be waiting for the second issue.
Indeed it was............. smile

Scoobless
Haven't read it yet.... but the original Squadron SUpreme have been in Exiles recently:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1159/justicesquadron9lv.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic) ..... Subtle ..... no?

ScarletSpider
I wish they'd do more with the original SS. The Squadron Sinister has been showing up in Thunderbolts too. There's a storyline with the Grandmaster coming up soon--pitting the T-bolts against hte Squadron Sinister. Should be fun.

People look at the Squad and say it's just a JLA ripoff. Yeah, that's true. What they forget is, DC isn't so innocent itself, and I'm not talking those dumb Maximums. Roy Thomas used some JLA members as a loose base for the Squadron Sinister for an Avengers story. A couple years later, the writers on Avengers and JLA wanted to do a crossover, but couldn't. So in the Avengers, a heroic counterpart to the evil Squad was devised: Squadron Supreme which had more members, they were based on a different earth and were heroic. While in the JLA the Avengers were redone as the Champions of Angor. The Yellowjacket parody, Bluejay, went on to some prominence, becoming the leader of the Justice League Europe. The other members were featured in Giffen and DeMatteis' JLI a few times in some great stories as well.

It's a neat story, both comics wise, and behind the scenes editorial-wise. I get annoyed when people accuse Marvel of copying DC at times because it's been very mutual throughout the years. The companies can be somewhat symbiotic.

S.S
Did you gather all that info yourself?Pretty impressive.

The Fake Macoy
The Squadron were the original mindwipers, so the JLA copied them there.

Frostbite883
I already have issue one of the new Squadron series and I must
say it a pretty cool issue. smile big grin

H. S. 6
Meh, I wasn't too impressed with the second issue. It's moving too quickly.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Meh, I wasn't too impressed with the second issue. It's moving too quickly. I also think it seems to be somewhat...pussyfied.

Black Adam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I also think it seems to be somewhat...pussyfied.

Admit it!!

you just miss the boobs and swear words!!!

but yeah thats what happens when you take it out of the max label

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.