Is this normal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebina
Yesterday my Niece (who is 16 1/2) called me and asked me if I could do her a favor. I sighed, knowing what she was going to ask, but said what.

She said "I got the parking ticket today and I was wondering if you could take care of it for me?" I said no and she got pissed off at me and told me I was a terrible aunt, because i wouldn't help her out.

First off the ticket was only 5 dollars, second...it's her responsibility.

Alot of my siblings and nieces and nephews ask me to do that for them. And they get mad at me when I tell them that it's wrong.

Is this normal?
I feel like my family is trying to take advantage of me.

Morning_Glory
the ticket will end up being more than $5... I mean on her insurance will go up... but you were right ... it's her responsibility.. and if she acts that way about then that's her problem not yours

Bloigen
Just let them.

Problem Solved.

T.M
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
the ticket will end up being more than $5... I mean on her insurance will go up... but you were right ... it's her responsibility.. and if she acts that way about then that's her problem not yours

Agreed.

They got the ticket they should pay it. They will never learn that it is wrong if people keep paying it for them.

soleran30
I would if I was 16.5 toosmile Maybe she didn't understand a parking ticket isn't a big deal just pay it and get on with life, could be she thought it was a significant offense?

They're family, its gonna happen. Anyway I thought you greek, catholic types were tight and helped each other out no questionswhistling

Morning_Glory
o just a parking ticket... oops thought it was a speeding ticket, I was gonna say thats really cheap for a speeding ticket stick out tongue...

OMG! a parking ticket someone should smack her over her head..tsk

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Zebina
Yesterday my Niece (who is 16 1/2) called me and asked me if I could do her a favor. I sighed, knowing what she was going to ask, but said what.

She said "I got the parking ticket today and I was wondering if you could take care of it for me?" I said no and she got pissed off at me and told me I was a terrible aunt, because i wouldn't help her out.

Alot of my siblings and nieces and nephews ask me to do that for them. And they get mad at me when I tell them that it's wrong.

Is this normal?
Yeah I think she needs to take responsibility and pay for the ticket herself instead of asking you. She's the one that got the ticket afterall and has to pay for it.

Zebina
Originally posted by soleran30
I would if I was 16.5 toosmile Maybe she didn't understand a parking ticket isn't a big deal just pay it and get on with life, could be she thought it was a significant offense?

They're family, its gonna happen. Anyway I thought you greek, catholic types were tight and helped each other out no questionswhistling

ha ha ha funny....I'm not helping her out anymore, I've always tried to help her out, but enough is enough. It just hurts my feelings that she called me a terrible aunt because I wouldn't take care of a parking ticket.

She new what it was, She got one before.

Morgoths_Wrath
you would be wrong for not helping them...if they were like dirt poor and had no money

where do they get off asking you to pay their tickets anyway? don't let them make you feel guilty for not paying their tickets; you need to lay down the law and tell them it's ridiculous for them to expect you to do that for them

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
you would be wrong for not helping them...if they were like dirt poor and had no money

where do they get off asking you to pay their tickets anyway? don't let them make you feel guilty for not paying their tickets; you need to lay down the law and tell them it's ridiculous for them to expect you to do that for them
Yes Mommy! *Saluts*

Zebina

I have before!

I mean I could get into serious trouble for doing that! They don't care. My mom and Dad are the only ones on my side.

I mean I feel like if I did it once, they'd think that all they had to do is push and push and I'd finally give in

Morgoths_Wrath
I mean I could get into serious trouble for doing that!

how could you get in trouble?

Zebina
how could you get in trouble?

I work for the law. They're not wanting me to pay for the ticket, they're wanting me to get rid of it.

Syren
Don't succumb. She's responsible for her own actions and regardless of whether it's $5 or $50, she needs to pay for it herself. You're not there to bail her out every time she does something stupid, she really shouldn't see you as someone she can take advantage of. She's lucky it's only a small fine and she shouldn't be pissed at you for saying no.

Bloigen
I work for the law. They're not wanting me to pay for the ticket, they're wanting me to get rid of it.

Hey, do me a favour.

Get "rid" of this parking ticket. Thanks.

Morgoths_Wrath

oohhh, wow

that's asking a lot. I'd be pissed if I were you...having your niece ask you to do that.

you should tell her how upset she made you feel and demand an apology.

rule of thumb….family doesn’t ask family to break the law for the sake of parking tickets

Zebina
Originally posted by Syren
Don't succumb. She's responsible for her own actions and regardless of whether it's $5 or $50, she needs to pay for it herself. You're not there to bail her out every time she does something stupid, she really shouldn't see you as someone she can take advantage of. She's lucky it's only a small fine and she shouldn't be pissed at you for saying no.

That's what I'm saying!

If I help her now, what's stopping her from thinking I'd help her out of anything!?

What if she stole something, or (god forbid) killed someone, she'd do it with the expectations that her FBI agent auntie would come to her rescue.

soleran30

Wait don't they give you traffic detail for that offense, I thought thats what they did in Kindergarten cop!

No seriously take your little cousin to the jail cell where all the indigents and crack heads are locked up! Then tell her this is what happens when you don't learn responsibility as a youth you take crack and defecate on yourself in public!

Morgoths_Wrath
That's what I'm saying!

If I help her now, what's stopping her from thinking I'd help her out of anything!?

What if she stole something, or (god forbid) killed someone, she'd do it with the expectations that her FBI agent auntie would come to her rescue.

you're an FBI agent...? scared

*hides the stash and the loot*

whistle

Zebina
Originally posted by soleran30
Wait don't they give you traffic detail for that offense, I thought thats what they did in Kindergarten cop!

No seriously take your little cousin to the jail cell where all the indigents and crack heads are locked up! Then tell her this is what happens when you don't learn responsibility as a youth you take crack and defecate on yourself in public!

I've thought about it, but I didn't want to hear my bitchy sister chew my ass off for doing it.

nono Bad boy! laughing out loud

a1hsauce
erm unfortunately family members love to mooch off yes

embarrasment i do it sometimes too...with food embarrasment

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by a1hsauce
erm unfortunately family members love to mooch off yes

embarrasment i do it sometimes too...with food embarrasment

umm...are you gonna eat all that? pizza

Storm
That's what I'm saying!

FBI agent at 21?

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

a1hsauce
eek! Dana Scully

a1hsauce
umm...are you gonna eat all that? pizza no expression dont touch my pizza

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Storm
FBI agent at 21?

actually, she's only 20

....she's good smokin'

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Storm
FBI agent at 21?

It's not as far fetched as it seems, my brother got offered a job in the FBI at 19.

a1hsauce
doing what filing papers?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
It's not as far fetched as it seems, my brother got offered a job in the FBI at 19.

probably not to be an agent though

Bloigen
I got a job as Director of the FBI. When I was still sperm.

no expression

ILoveMyDaniel
doing what filing papers?
Computer work.
probably not to be an agent though
No, computer work, but hey that's still an awesome job. And it's still working for the FBI.

a1hsauce
Computer work.

No, computer work, but hey that's still an awesome job. And it's still working for the FBI. shifty so in reality..you could actually be your cousin...and be spying on each and every one of us on KMC now shifty

ILoveMyDaniel
shifty so in reality..you could actually be your cousin...and be spying on each and every one of us on KMC now shifty
Where does my cousin come into this?
And oh yes, I'm glad someone finally figured it out. I have to hand it to you a1, you'd be a great agent yourself! stick out tongue

a1hsauce
shifty yess...i would...now go to my office so that we may have a *cough* proper interview whistle

Lana
eek! Dana Scully

X-Files was my favorite TV show big grin

LethalFemme

Is this normal?

that is not your responsibility at all forget her if she got pissed of at you

a1hsauce
yes mine too...i hear theyre making another movie blink

LethalFemme

ooh the saucy one eek!

Lana

Yep happy

They've been talking about doing so for like...6 years now? But I think it's actually in pre-production or something now.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Lana
Yep happy

They've been talking about doing so for like...6 years now? But I think it's actually in pre-production or something now.

hey girl

a1hsauce
didnt they all die at the end of the season..

Lana
Originally posted by LethalFemme
hey girl

Hey stick out tongue

didnt they all die at the end of the season..

No....confused

ILoveMyDaniel
shifty yess...i would...now go to my office so that we may have a *cough* proper interview whistle
laughing out loud Ooohh! Describe to me this, "interview"...big grin

a1hsauce
Hey stick out tongue

No....confused didnt that damn helicopter shoot amissle up everyones arse at the end....confused oh now i remember didnt they end up gettin away and making out at the end yes

laughing out loud Ooohh! Describe to me this, "interview"...big grin shifty its a more of a close contact interview...i need to find out what your skills are big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
didnt that damn helicopter shoot amissle up everyones arse at the end....confused oh now i remember didnt they end up gettin away and making out at the end yes

shifty its a more of a close contact interview...i need to find out what your skills are big grin
rolling on floor laughing eek! Well I guess we'll see! stick out tongue

justjakk
That's what I'm saying!

What if she stole something, or (god forbid) killed someone, she'd do it with the expectations that her FBI agent auntie would come to her rescue. FBI? is J. Hoover really die or did he just get a sex change and go undercover for the Radio City Rockettes??

LethalFemme
Hey stick out tongue

No....confused

love the sig I need to get a new one happy

a1hsauce
rolling on floor laughing eek! Well I guess we'll see! stick out tongue big grin we'll have all the time you need stick out tongue

ILoveMyDaniel
big grin we'll have all the time you need stick out tongue
How much time do you need, my dear sir?

a1hsauce
yes i like two hour long interviews

ILoveMyDaniel
yes i like two hour long interviews
Two hours? Make it three.

Mr Parker
the ticket only being 5 dollars and she wants you to pay for it? for a normal family no its not normal.For an oddball character with an oddball family -and I know one because my best friend and his family are,yes its normal. wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Syren

exactly.

Mišt
They can afford to drive a car, but cant afford a $5 ticket... no expression

Somebody needs a slap...

Mr Parker
I know.she sounds like my best friends brother.Everybody that meets him,they all say the same thing about him that he is the biggest oddball character they have ever met in their whole life.Example-He can afford to buy an expensive mercedes car but when my best friend asks him if he can get $5.00 from him to chip in for his nieces birthday,he says-Man I dont have that kind of money. big grin your niece and my best friends brother should get together. laughing

LethalFemme

Mr Parker
I would say her and my Best friends brother rival each other as the funniest oddball character in the world wouldnt you? laughing

Amun~RA

Is this normal?
I feel like my family is trying to take advantage of me. are you a cop or something.

oh, and if they give you shit about it, just tell them ****ers to piss off.

it's what i do. smile

a1hsauce
Two hours? Make it three. sad i might pass out after 3

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
you were right ... it's her responsibility.. and if she acts that way about then that's her problem not yours

ILoveMyDaniel
sad i might pass out after 3
Okay...four. stick out tongue Just kidding. Okay, okay if you want two then two it is!

a1hsauce
shifty if im tempted to....i might do 4....lets push it to the next level shifty

Zebina
get a room you two laughing

a1hsauce
big grin wanna join whistle

Zebina
hmmm....tempting shifty

a1hsauce
shifty i got all the cherries, chocolate and whipped cream we'll need big grin

Zebina
I'm allergic to strawberries sorry

a1hsauce
strawberries? whered you get strawberries from i said cherries whistle

Zebina
eek! You meanie *pinches* Don't mess with my head!

a1hsauce
shifty im very ticklish...

Zebina
oh really shifty

a1hsauce
shifty yes...are you..we can have a ticklefest..

Zebina
Yes...extremely shifty

a1hsauce
shifty where are you the most ticklish?

Zebina
my sides shifty

You?

a1hsauce
ribs shifty anywhere else

Zebina
my neck

a1hsauce
ohh the neck..very soft spot yes

Zebina
Yes indeed. shifty

a1hsauce
yes i like fleshy spots shifty

Zebina
oh realllly shifty

a1hsauce
shifty im kind of a master with that general area whistle

Zebina
Really,

A Master? I love a man with experience shifty

a1hsauce
maybe we should both try out our skills in the training room big grin

Zebina
maybe shifty

a1hsauce
just dont do any probing with me!...embarrasment i know you work for the governmentglare

Zebina
But I like to Probe! sad

a1hsauce
no no...sad

Zebina
cry

a1hsauce
my bootys exit only sad

Zebina
my bootys exit only sad

lol I'm just playing

a1hsauce
glareyou government people

Zebina
Heeyyyy....don't be mean. I know where you live!

a1hsauce
blink

Zebina
whistle

a1hsauce
im moving!

Zebina
lol you're funny.

I love your 24 sig big grin big grin big grin

a1hsauce
thank you your sigs pretty hot too big grin

Zebina
thanks big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
maybe we should both try out our skills in the training room big grin
cry What about me? What about us? sad

a1hsauce
cry What about me? What about us? sad sad you take too long stick out tongue

Syren
laughing

Sauce, you saucy devil stick out tongue

a1hsauce
big grin soo I see you've turned in a resume as well shifty

DarkC

Is this normal?
They're snobs, serves 'em right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.