What is the greatest Item/Artifact in the marvel universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spideycarnage
If you were able to have one item or artifact in the marvel universe, what would it be? why?
Sorry if this has been done

Pepito
thotu

inamilist
this scarf

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/3788/scarf7li.th.jpg

james1865
Susan Richards.

batdude123
Definitely the gem of cytorrak.

Magee
Quantum Bands.

Darth Kal-El
Inifinity Gauntlet, HOTU, Cosmic Cube, Cytorrak Gem, Quantam bands, theres just too much to list and hard to compare. this is a vague question. You can't really compare items that have differnet effects.

NoFate007
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Ultimate Nullifier yet.

CaptainStoic
Well you did, which was what I was just about to say. The only thing that sucks about is that it kills the wielder too.

DigiMark007
HOTU. It makes you god. You could create your own IG with it if you wanted, or any of these other things.

vpokdekjyafmidp
im in for the HOTU

King_Mungi
Puck's singulet attire.

CaptainStoic
What about The Starbrand... Marvel didn't really capitalize on that weapon properly, too bad.

jollyjim311
Mjinlor (spelling?) in up there.

spideycarnage
HOTU seems pretty nice, after deffiantly the IG..3rd ill pick the Ulitmate Nullifier

Horrificus
Are we talking about the most poerful, or most important, or most well-known, most sought after or most imspirational?

If we aren't just talking about most powerful, I say maybe:

Cosmic Cube - has been a big part of the MU for a long time.
Cap's Shield
Soul Gem
Nega Bands

spideycarnage
im talkin about if u were to choose any item for ur self.

boriquaking55
HOTU

Validus
I'd choose the Nega Bands. HOTU is most powerful but I have no interest in being a God.

Horrificus
Nega Bands

Destroyer Armor

Mjolnir

Cosmic Control Rod

In DC, I would have wanted the Yellow Power ring when the green ones still couldn't effect anything yellow.

bean_machine
IG all the way!!!

Sixth_Winged
HOTU
Infinity Gems/Gauntlet
Cosmic Cube ....varying in power
Ultimate Nullifier
Enigma Force ....if that can even be categorized as an artifact...well scratch that if it's not
Starbrand
m'kraan crystal
Quantum Bands
Nega Bands
Aunt May's Vase big grin

GalacticStorm
Alot of you are choosing power sources as opposed to actual artifacts.

Things like the Star Brand and HOTU arent artifacts.

The most powerful artifact in Marvel is likely the M'kraan crystal, followed by the IG, The Ultimate Nullifier, Cosmic Cubes, Quantum Bands, Nega Bands

There are probably others i cant be bothered to look into at the time such as some of Dr Stranges artifacts.

Marcus4600
HOTU
IG
anything made from Uru (Destroyer Armor, Mjolnir, Stormbreaker)

Why the hell hasn't anyone mentioned Stormbreaker yet?

grey fox
Destroyer armour then i can disintegrate people i dont like and turn their floating atoms into mashed potato !

Sixth_Winged
to add to my list (i think GS is right, so scratch HOTU, Enigma Force, starbrand)

anyway

mjolnir/stormbreaker
spear of destiny(used by thanatos)
chalice of ruins
twilight sword
soul sword
Destroyer Armor
Amulet of the Designate
Crystal of the Ultimate Vision
Book of the vishanti/amulet of agamotto/other of Dr. Strange's Doohickeys
The Various Artifacts that grants the power of the Octesscence.

outarddwarf
THE GEM OF CYTTORAK!

GalacticStorm
Just being super-strong and invulnerable would grow tired real quick. You'd be a bit of a one trick pony if u think about it. Id much rather possess Mjolnir. Yeah i wouldnt be as durable but id have comparable strength plus id be able to fly at sub light speeds, command the weather, channel mystical and cosmic energy and open up interdimensional portals. The gem of Cytorrak is lame compared to that imo.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Just being super-strong and invulnerable would grow tired real quick. You'd be a bit of a one trick pony if u think about it. Id much rather possess Mjolnir. Yeah i wouldnt be as durable but id have comparable strength plus id be able to fly at sub light speeds, command the weather, channel mystiacl and cosmic energy and open up interdimensional portals. The gem of Cytorrak is lame compared to that imo. same

jollyjim311
Yeah, it would be more fun to have Mjinlor, but Gem of Cyttorak would make you more powerful. You're right though, Galactic Storm, Mjinlor would go for more on e-bay.

Juntai
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Yeah, it would be more fun to have Mjinlor, but Gem of Cyttorak would make you more powerful. You're right though, Galactic Storm, Mjinlor would go for more on e-bay. Depends on what you consider power. The power to be strong and durable.. or the power to go anywhere, do nearly anything?

GalacticStorm
Yeah, it would be more fun to have Mjinlor, but Gem of Cyttorak would make you more powerful. You're right though, Galactic Storm, Mjinlor would go for more on e-bay.

No. The gem would make you more durable and give you greater physical strength. Thats all. Mjolnir would make you more powerful. Not only does it give you comparable strength and durability but in addition a wealth of mystical/cosmic energy manipullation abilities, flight inter-dimensional travel and weather control. Mjolnir without a doubt gives access to more power.

jollyjim311
Well with the Gem you don't need to eat, sleep, breath, and will be more physically powerful then any other entity on the planet. Plus you get a forcefield, it would make you unstoppable. But it would get boring. It would get to the point where you're the best football player, wrestler, boxer, etc ever and you would just have nothing left to do.

GalacticStorm
Well with the Gem you don't need to eat, sleep, breath, and will be more physically powerful then any other entity on the planet. Plus you get a forcefield, it would make you unstoppable. But it would get boring. It would get to the point where you're the best football player, wrestler, boxer, etc ever and you would just have nothing left to do.

Not needing to eat or sleep or breath doesnt equate to the various energy manipulating abilities i listed. Mjolnir straight up makes you more powerful, however the gem makes you stronger and more durable. Theres a difference.

Horrificus
Nega Bands/Quantum Bands

Destroyer Armor

Mjolnir/Stormbreaker

Cosmic Control Rod

Mandarin's Rings, (if they come as a set!) although I would rather have watches.

jollyjim311
Mjolnir gives you more varied powers, true. We both know what we are trying to say I belive. I'm trying to say that the Gem is more useful in a fight. You're trying to say that Mjolnir is more useful period.

Juntai
Fighting capacity is not always relivent to power.
Lex Luthor can't best Batgirl in a fistfight, but he's a infinitude more powerful.

GalacticStorm
Mjolnir gives you more varied powers, true. We both know what we are trying to say I belive. I'm trying to say that the Gem is more useful in a fight. You're trying to say that Mjolnir is more useful period.

No im saying Mjolnir makes a wielder more powerful.

Juggernaut has greater strength and durability. Thor possesses those abilities to a comparable degree. He isnt vastly below Jugg in either department.

In addition Juggs doesnt needed to eat breathe or sleep and can create forcefileds. In addition Thor can control the planets weather systems, he can create interdimensional portals, fly at sub light speeds, absorb and channel vast quantities of both cosmic and mystical energies for a variety of effects AND he can create force-fields. In terms of sheer energy generatable Mjolnir makes a wielder more powerful. The gem however focuses what power it does have solely into the areas of strength and durability making a wielder superior in those areas than a Mjolnir user.

In a fight with all of those energy manipulation abilities plus immense strength and durability, and flight Mjolnir is far more useful in a fight. Jugg is a one trick pony only suitable against a few types of enemy. Thor can handle a variety of enemies with all the abilities he has at hand.

Juntai

Juggernaut has greater strength and durability. Thor possesses those abilities to a comparable degree. He isnt vastly below Jugg in either department.

In addition Juggs doesnt needed to eat breathe or sleep and can create forcefileds. In addition Thor can control the planets weather systems, he can create interdimensional portals, fly at sub light speeds, absorb and channel vast quantities of both cosmic and mystical energies for a variety of effects AND he can create force-fields. In terms of sheer energy generatable Mjolnir makes a wielder more powerful. The gem however focuses what power it does have solely into the areas of strength and dyrability making a wielder superior in those areas than a Mjolnir user.

In a fight with all of those energy manipulation abilities plus immense strength and durability, and flight Mjolnir is far more useful in a fight. Jugg is a one trick pony only suitable against a few types of enemy. Thor can handle a variety of enemies with all the abilities he has at hand. And this is why Thor goes around galaxies battling cosmic level entities and classic Juggs ran around on Earth fighting X Men.

spideycarnage
i would most deffinatly pick the Mjolnir, than THE GEM OF CYTTORAK, u can travel any where, go thru dimentions, send people like the juggernaut that isent mobile to other dimentions... aslo u will still be as stong as the juggernaut, absorb enery, stuff like that. the only thing that the gem does is greater duribaliy than the mjolnir and u get shield, strength wise i think there even. Ill deffinaty have more fun of a time with mjolnir, also i can call my self the god of thunder. wats more cooler than that?

Validus
Originally posted by Horrificus
Nega Bands/Quantum Bands

Destroyer Armor

Mjolnir/Stormbreaker

Cosmic Control Rod

Mandarin's Rings, (if they come as a set!) although I would rather have watches.
You'd rather wear 10 watches instead of rings?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Validus
You'd rather wear 10 watches instead of rings?

I'm not exactly a "Ring" kinda guy.

Validus
I'm not exactly a "Ring" kinda guy.
Me either but I imagine 10 watches would be rather annoying.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Juntai
And this is why Thor goes around galaxies battling cosmic level entities and classic Juggs ran around on Earth fighting X Men.

I think it is time for Juggernaut to go on a quest of his own, and really find out what it means to have the Gem. What he is capable of.

Or give the darn thing to somebody with a little imagination!

Horrificus

In addition Juggs doesnt needed to eat breathe or sleep and can create forcefileds. In addition Thor can control the planets weather systems, he can create interdimensional portals, fly at sub light speeds, absorb and channel vast quantities of both cosmic and mystical energies for a variety of effects AND he can create force-fields. In terms of sheer energy generatable Mjolnir makes a wielder more powerful. The gem however focuses what power it does have solely into the areas of strength and durability making a wielder superior in those areas than a Mjolnir user.

In a fight with all of those energy manipulation abilities plus immense strength and durability, and flight Mjolnir is far more useful in a fight. Jugg is a one trick pony only suitable against a few types of enemy. Thor can handle a variety of enemies with all the abilities he has at hand.

That is how Juggernaut is suppowed to be.
He is the avatar of force. Plain and simple.

King KAM
Mary Jane's thong.........

Validus
Originally posted by King KAM
Mary Jane's thong.........
Does it have any on panel feats?

King KAM
Originally posted by Validus
Does it have any on panel feats? not yet.....but i heard they are coming out with its own 8-part mini, its supposed to be subduing everything from Ant-Man to Zeus........even does battle with RKT and Galactus....at the same time.

GalacticStorm
That is how Juggernaut is suppowed to be.
He is the avatar of force. Plain and simple.

No Juggernaut is NOT the avatar of force!! laughing out loud Why are you telling me this anyway? How does this change anything? Im debating with someone over whats more powerful out of Mjolnir and the Gem and youre saying Juggs is supposed to be how he is? confused

Juntai
Has the Spear of Destiny been shown as being any powerful in Marvel as it is in DC?

TheKahn
Greatest Artifact in the MU: The Hulk's purple pants. Those damn pants are tougher than Adamantium.

Marcus4600
^ They didn't do much for Deadpool though. Hulk pants activate!

Horrificus
No Juggernaut is NOT the avatar of force!! laughing out loud Why are you telling me this anyway? How does this change anything? Im debating with someone over whats more powerful out of Mjolnir and the Gem and youre saying Juggs is supposed to be how he is? confused

1st I wasn't saying he is "officially". I was merely alluding to the fact that his place in the MU seems to be as being that embodies power, force and inflexibility. Usually.

2nd I wasn't saying ANYTHING to you, and am not sure you actually exist as a human entity outside of this forum. So, please be silent, drone, while your "betters" discuss matters of great import.

3rd An individual with an iota of Marvel knowledge would know that, the Gem is more powerful, since it is a direct conduit to an entire dimension of power, even if Mjolnir has more uses and features, which would make the hammer, possibly, more valuable, and more useful.

I do hope that your confusion was only a passing condition.

GalacticStorm
1st I wasn't saying he is "officially". I was merely alluding to the fact that his place in the MU seems to be as being that embodies power, force and inflexibility. Usually.

You presented it as fact. It is NOT. Backtrack now by all means but dont get uppity with me for calling you out on your unsupported opinion which consequently is very much worthless here. sad

2nd I wasn't saying ANYTHING to you, and am not sure you actually exist as a human entity outside of this forum. So, please be silent, drone, while your "betters" discuss matters of great import.

Yet oddly enough you decided to reference my post. confused

I think someones reaching a bit too far above their station. Get the hell outta here sonny. laughing out loud

3rd An individual with an iota of Marvel knowledge would know that, the Gem is more powerful, since it is a direct conduit to an entire dimension of power, even if Mjolnir has more uses and features, which would make the hammer, possibly, more valuable, and more useful.

That the gem may be however it does not grant a user the sum power of said dimension, but instead a fraction of said power. With regards to the comparative power of the gem and Mjolnir ive said all that needs to be said. You've neither said or provided anything of consequence.

Not only does the hammer provide comparable strength and durability to the hammer (thus on that basis alone going some way into equating them in terms of sheer power) but on top of that theres the wealth of high level energy powers which more than makes up the difference. Unless you want to tell me the difference in invulnerability and Juggs ability to create forcefields makes all the difference? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I do hope that your confusion was only a passing condition.

Given the chronic status of yours i really wouldnt be so quick to throw insults.

Heres a lil aid to help you navigate through my post:

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/

Good day to you. big grin

leonheartmm
the heart of th universe for marvel. spear of destiny for DC.

leonheartmm
other than that these are also high on my list

infinity gauntlett
star band
sword of heaven
ultimate nullifier
nega/quantum bands
gl ring with complete oa energy and no flaw and no time limit{ion}

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by inamilist
this scarf

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/3788/scarf7li.th.jpg

Agreed - it has the power!

Comedy gold inamilist, nice smile

Swanky-Tuna
I would pick Mjolnir over the Crimson Ruby too. If you're not stupid and use it to its fullest, the hammer bests the ruby any day. Not saying I don't like Juggernaut or anything but that's a sweet sledge.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the heart of th universe for marvel. spear of destiny for DC.

HOTU isnt an artifact.

Horrificus
You presented it as fact. It is NOT. Backtrack now by all means but dont get uppity with me for calling you out on your unsupported opinion which consequently is very much worthless here. sad

Yet oddly enough you decided to reference my post. confused

I think someones reaching a bit too far above their station. Get the hell outta here sonny. laughing out loud

That the gem may be however it does not grant a user the sum power of said dimension, but instead a fraction of said power. With regards to the comparative power of the gem and Mjolnir ive said all that needs to be said. You've neither said or provided anything of consequence.

Not only does the hammer provide comparable strength and durability to the hammer (thus on that basis alone going some way into equating them in terms of sheer power) but on top of that theres the wealth of high level energy powers which more than makes up the difference. Unless you want to tell me the difference in invulnerability and Juggs ability to create forcefields makes all the difference? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Given the chronic status of yours i really wouldnt be so quick to throw insults.

Heres a lil aid to help you navigate through my post:
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/

Good day to you. big grin

That was great! I love this site. Where else can we argue about these issues, and almost sound educated while we do it?!

Maestro
LT's kitchen utensils, can whip up a fine omlette I tell yah smokin'

Sir Whirlysplat
That was great! I love this site. Where else can we argue about these issues, and almost sound educated while we do it?!

and this bit if you know GS is quite ironic

You presented it as fact. It is NOT. Backtrack now by all means but dont get uppity with me for calling you out on your unsupported opinion which consequently is very much worthless here.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
and this bit if you know GS is quite ironic

All in good fun, right?

Sir Whirlysplat
All in good fun, right?

wink always smile

King KAM
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
wink always smile are you sure its not mary jane's thong....i mean....

Kontraz
The creation matrix.... nothing can compare to this wonderful bad-circumstance cure-all!!!

http://www.sentinelx007.com/fight35.jpg

manjaro
i would choose based on how much fun i would have...there's nothing challenging or rewarding about being the supreme being in reality or something very close to it so the HOTU, IG, and cosmic cubes are out for me......and anything that ends with the " force" for that matter.

the one trick ponyism of the cytorrak gem, and the constant conjuring, invoking, and encanting of the book of vishantti and other such grimorums(spelling) doesnt do it for me either and would bore me quickly..weilding mjolnir might be cool, but i would want to be a space based adventurer too, and i dont see lightning, thunderstorms, or any other form of weather being effective in zero gravity or a vacuum, so thats out too.

that just leaves me with pure unadulterated simplicity. i would want something thats mine and mine alone...nothing that i have to be deemed "worthy" to possess or have some kind of quality that sets me apart from others, or something where i would need years of training..or some bullshit that someone else could cut off my power source at any moments notice if im not being a good boy.

thats why it would be a toss up between the quasar bands and the nega bands.....heck i would even throw in the starbrand too...it would just be me going bat shit insane like genis-vell, when he had the knees of the shiar, kree, and skrulls buckling..... and i would just post up in my b-boy stance with a mean look on my face wishing a mutha****a would stand in front of mee with all that bullshit...yeah! i wouldnt even mess with all that creative making contructs bullshit i would just project blasts of destructive energy unlike anybody has ever seen. and take all the time in the world to do it

willRules
Originally posted by spideycarnage
If you were able to have one item or artifact in the marvel universe, what would it be? why?

Aunt May's bra

King KAM
Originally posted by willRules
Aunt May's bra id still take mary jane's thong.....worn and unwashed ofcourse...... embarrasment

Big Sexy
I'd take Thors gammer. At least with it I can conceil and have another Identity. With the cytorrak crystal. I'll tear my stuff up. No to mension I won't be able to fit through doors, just tear them down.

spideycarnage
Batman's utility belt

Horrificus
Can the Juggernaut even have sex anymore?! With the power of the gem and stuff.
Oiy!

Gimme the Quantum bands or one of the asgardian hammers.
Or Sinestro's Ring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.