validus vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
Validus

Vs

Thanos

Validus
Thanos isn't touching him. His only chance is BFR.

Mider
no battle field removal

CaptainStoic
Silver Age Pre-Crisis Validus would not only beat Thanos, he might even be a match for a nearly full powered Tyrant... this dude was the truth son! he however is no where near that power level now, but I think he may be able to take Thanos out even though he's been depowered, back in the day though, even Superman would have gotten his head handed to him... no doubt.
Validus 8/10

Horrificus
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Silver Age Pre-Crisis Validus would not only beat Thanos, he might even be a match for a nearly full powered Tyrant... this dude was the truth son! he however is no where near that power level now, but I think he may be able to take Thanos out even though he's been depowered, back in the day though, even Superman would have gotten his head handed to him... no doubt.
Validus 8/10

From what I read, I agree with you.
What exactly IS Validus anyway?

Mider
yes what makes this guy so powerful that he could take tyrant in your opinion

Horrificus
Validus
Height: 25' Weight: 1000 lbs. ? Age: Child
Eyes: None Hair: None

Powers and Abilities:
A giant possessed of incalculable strength and invulnerability (STR, BOD), the pure energy of his child-like mentality causing mental lightning to crackle around him (Lightning), Validus was force personified, one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. He was certainly more powerful than any Legionnaire, and it would have taken the combined strength of Mon-El, Supergirl, and Ultra Boy to subdue him.

The energy of his mental lightning was destructive both to physical objects and to nearby telepaths (Lightning, Mind Blast). The interference it caused made it extraordinarily difficult for even the most powerful telepaths to read his mind or perceive his thoughts, though it gave less protection to mental control and suggestion (Mind Blank). Though he has no visible eyes, he can see, and his strange powers allow him, at least at times, to ignore illusions and see the invisible (True Sight). Validus has a child-like mentality and no real skills.

Sixth_Winged
I don't think Thanos can take PC Validus without BFR. He is just too much. Even PC superman would get a PC beating from him. He's only chance would be telepathy or mattermanipulation but i still doubt it if he can pull at least a 2. Dunno about post though.

Horrificus
He threw Mon-El through a planet, and punched Super Boy out of the solar system, didn't he?

Validus
Superboy slammed into him with all he had and actually hurt himself. Validus then picked him up and tossed him out the solar system. PC Validus was hardcore. Post Crisis is still strong but he'd probably lose. M'Onel and Andromeda were able to beat him.

CaptainStoic
Like I said I like Thanos as a character, but I know for a fact that he's way below this guy, in terms of power, but we're talking about Thanos here, he doesn't always fight on the physical level, and due to Validus' mentality issues Thanos would no doubt try to absorb his power in some way and use it to kill mutitudes of races, just for his perverse love of death... toe to toe... forget about it. This isn't to say that Thanos couldn't or wouldn't survive being tossed through a planet (Beta Ray Bill did right!) he'd just be a little worse for wear... Like I said this guy could beat Superman, Captain Marvel, and a Green Lantern back in the day, I'm not saying that he did, but he could if it came down to it. If I really thought about how suped up they made him, I hate to admit it, but he could take on the likes of Thanos, Wonder Man, and Drax.

Ex11B
Thanos would have one hell of a fight on his hands.

The Fake Macoy
Yeah, in Pre-Crisis Validus was a real beast. Did they ever actually beat him in a fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.