Cap's Shield vs. Mjilnor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

james1865
Thor is given Cap's shield and a full day to break it with his hammer. uninterrupted. Can it be done? (Did I spell the name of the hammer right? If not, my apologies.)

Marcus4600
It's Mjolnir. Yeah, he can probably break it.

james1865
Mjolnir. Got it. I didn't think my spelling looked quite right.

jollyjim311
God blasts it. He could do it.

grey fox
He's dented it before so he should be able to break it....

King KAM
Originally posted by grey fox
He's dented it before so he should be able to break it.... That was PIS and hell no he cant break the shield without tampering with it on a molecular level, thor would just wear himself out

grey fox
Originally posted by King KAM
That was PIS and hell no he cant break the shield without tampering with it on a molecular level, thor would just wear himself out

How so ?

King KAM
Originally posted by grey fox
How so ? because force isnt how u break the caps shield, and thats all thor is gonna try to do.

AJ4LIFE
i dint think it was pis, it was thor with poer of odin force, a guy that wupps thanos, it was a dent not a brake at all, so no he cant brake it

spideycarnage
god force blast shout break/disintegrate it

King KAM
Originally posted by spideycarnage
god force blast shout break/disintegrate it why????because its thor???? caps shield is the most durable thing in the MU

TheKahn
why????because its thor???? caps shield is the most durable thing in the MU

Because Cap's shield is simply a metal alloy. It may extremely durable against physical damage but I don't think it would fair particularly well against magic based attacks from Thor (or King Thor).

King KAM
Originally posted by TheKahn
Because Cap's shield is simply a metal alloy. It may extremely durable against physical damage but I don't think it would fair particularly well against magic based attacks from Thor (or King Thor). A metal alloy that so far has been proven to be more durable than uru.

Marcus4600
A metal alloy that so far has been proven to be more durable than uru.

Not really. Uru's enchanted, and can last longer because of that enchantment. However, Thor could possibly melt it by keeping it under the heat of constant lightning.

King KAM
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Not really. Uru's enchanted, and can last longer because of that enchantment. However, Thor could possibly melt it by keeping it under the heat of constant lightning. lighting wouldnt get it hot enough

Marcus4600
I was talking concentrated. Like if he stood there all day with a fixed beam of lighting. That would be enough heat.

King KAM
Originally posted by Marcus4600
I was talking concentrated. Like if he stood there all day with a fixed beam of lighting. That would be enough heat. no, because lightining would only get so hot....

grey fox
I would have to say the shield is possibly the strongest man-made item on earth . Uru metal on the other hand is a hell of a lot stronger.

Any material (even adamantium) will break if their put under enough heat and pressure .

CaptainStoic
Here's the thing;
Captain America's Shield: Vibranium, and Adamantium mix which makes it impervious to all known physical forces, why? Vibranium absorbs impacts, and Adamantium is the second most durable substance in the Marvel Universe, IMO it's stronger than Uru.

Thor's Hammer: The Hammer itself is stronger than Adamantium alone, it's most powerful attack is known as the Anti force blast, it couldn't put Mangog down for long nor could it penetrate his flesh, so I'm thinking that it isn't strong enough to crack the shield, unless someone believes that Mangogs hide is somehow stronger than these two substances combined. It may be able to weaken it over a long period with consecutive blasts though (this however is arguable).
The Destroyer on the other hand can destroy the shield, but it could do the same thing to the hammer.

Darth Kal-El
http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor16wf.jpg
http://img173.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor27ff.jpg

Props to captain america respect thread.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor16wf.jpg
http://img173.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor27ff.jpg

Props to captain america respect thread.

Why in the hell were they fighting in the first place?

willRules
Thor's dented it before and he wasn't even going all out when he did it, he had just had a huge fight with Thor-buster armoured Iron-man.

spetznaz
If Thor uses Mjolnir as a hammer (which he normally does) then he wouldn't be able to break the shield in a day.

However, if he uses Mjolnir as it SHOULD be used, as a mighty Uru mystical weapon that has amazing energy manipulation (and other) powers, then he should absolutely rend the shield apart and liquefy it.

Think of this along the lines of what Magneto did to Wolverine when he easily removed the adamantium from Logan.

Properly used Thor (normal Thor, no need for the Runes or Odin force or whatever upgrade one might think of) would easily use Mjolnir to affect the molecular structure and consistency of the Vibranium/adamantium alloy, turning it to putty.
Sadly Thor is always used as a slugger, and thus he would probably smack the shield over and over to no avail (Thor using Mjolnir as a simple club would be like a Green Lantern using his ring as a crude knuckle-duster .....absolutely RIDICULOUS! However Marvel always portrays the son of Odin mostly using Mjolnir as a glorified baseball bat instead of using it for the mighty weapon it truly is).

badabing
Cap's shield is durable but Mjolnir wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.