Thor and Batman vs. Superman and Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cowboy
What team would win.
smokin'
no holds barred
Happy Dance

braz
Thor and Batman.

JOE NUNEZ
the team with thor in it.

AJ4LIFE
thor id say, thor with help from batman with his incredible inellegince can wup almost anyone

Gregory
Thor, a magical being with a magical hammer, beats the magically vulnerable Superman.

Then, if Batman isn't winning against Captain America, Thor steps in and help him.

Juntai
Bloodlusted Superman runs forward and punches Thor unconscious, then tells Cap to jump off to the side and fries Bats.

JOE NUNEZ
bats takes out superman with kryptonite,while thor throws cap to the moon.

JOE NUNEZ
then helps bats with superman.

brainchild81
Supes is weakened by magical lightning @ K-nite. Then his head is smashed to a pulp by mighty Mjolnir!!!!!! Cap is doubleteamed

King KAM
Originally posted by brainchild81
Supes is weakened by magical lightning @ K-nite. Then his head is smashed to a pulp by mighty Mjolnir!!!!!! Cap is doubleteamed Cap hits The K-nite out of bats hand with the shield, then gives supes his shield, supes smacks thor once with the shield and kills him. Cap takes care of bats in the h2h

JOE NUNEZ
kills thor!!!!!!!! your a dreamer.........

King KAM
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
kills thor!!!!!!!! your a dreamer......... If Superman has Caps sheild he'll behead thor with it with one swing

JOE NUNEZ
wow so supes is bullseye now, and what about mjolnir!!!!!!!!!!

brainchild81
Originally posted by King KAM
Cap hits The K-nite out of bats hand with the shield, then gives supes his shield, supes smacks thor once with the shield and kills him. Cap takes care of bats in the h2h I think Batman is good for @ least one shield dodge. Doesn't really matter anyway. Thor still fries Supes with the lightning and puts the hammer through his head. Cap would smoke Bats in h2h, but Bats would use his gadgets here.

King KAM
I think Batman is good for @ least one shield dodge. Doesn't really matter anyway. Thor still fries Supes with the lightning and puts the hammer through his head. Cap would smoke Bats in h2h, but Bats would use his gadgets here. Thats why he knocks off the utility belt with the shield.....and im a fan of Superman pounding thor into oblivion

brainchild81
Thats why he knocks off the utility belt with the shield.....and im a fan of Superman pounding thor into oblivion Thor'd absolutely waste Supes. While I do think Cap is that good of a shot, Batman is also a good dodger. Cap knocking off the belt is unlikely.

Femi32
Thor would not easily kill Superman in a fight unless Superman just stood there. The fight could go either way.

xtrubeastxcs
We have wayyy to many superman haters on this board.

Superman's magic vulnerability is getting better, he would superspeed thor and laser him from behind, pick up the hammer, and kill thor with his own weapon (hulk and wonderwoman have picked up thors hammer, so superman could easily) then he would freeze batman and break him into pieces with thors hammer

Validus
Superman won't just stand there and take lightning to the head. I'm pretty confident he could dodge any energy attacks thrown his way. As for who wins, probably 5 each way. I'd lean towards Supes and Cap slightly.

MrHeavySilence
Thor could beat Captain America fairly easily but I doubt Superman can do the same to Batman (who has worked long enough with Supes to prepare himself; Captain America doesn't come up with contingency plans like Bruce does).

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Thor could beat Captain America fairly easily but I doubt Superman can do the same to Batman (who has worked long enough with Supes to prepare himself; Captain America doesn't come up with contingency plans like Bruce does).

That's a very good point. wink

brainchild81
No it's not. I can't stand Supes and I like Bats, but I realize Bats doesn't really stand a chance against a Supes that's going for the kill without PIS. Bats would literally be dead in less than a second people. Don't let your love for Bats blind you to the truth

brainchild81
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs

Superman's magic vulnerability is getting better, he would superspeed thor and laser him from behind, pick up the hammer, and kill thor with his own weapon (hulk and wonderwoman have picked up thors hammer, so superman could easily) then he would freeze batman and break him into pieces with thors hammer WW only did it in the voted on crossover to my knowledge and even though I don't like her, because of her magical prowess and warrior's spirit she may in fact be worthy. I'd like to see pix of Hulk lifting the hammer. I wouldn't put it past him(savage) though. He's a warrior. Supes on the other hand is simply not worthy. Read JLA/Avengers and notice how after all is said and done, he can't lift the hammer to save his life(just not worthysad His weakness against magic makes it even more unlikely). He was merely allowed to lift it because it was needed. So "he would superspeed thor and laser him from behind", try to pick up Mjolnir, get zapped by lightning during his embarrassing failure and then Thor would smash his head in with Mighty Mjolnir!!!! He'd say "Thou art mighty indeed mortal, but worthy thou art not!" What's really funny is that Supes may be the strongest one here, but he may also be the only one that can't lift Mjolnirsmile

Juntai
WW only did it in the voted on crossover to my knowledge and even though I don't like her, because of her magical prowess and warrior's spirit she may in fact be worthy. I'd like to see pix of Hulk lifting the hammer. I wouldn't put it past him(savage) though. He's a warrior. Supes on the other hand is simply not worthy. Read JLA/Avengers and notice how after all is said and done, he can't lift the hammer to save his life(just not worthysad His weakness against magic makes it even more unlikely). He was merely allowed to lift it because it was needed. So "he would superspeed thor and laser him from behind", try to pick up Mjolnir, get zapped by lightning during his embarrassing failure and then Thor would smash his head in with Mighty Mjolnir!!!! He'd say "Thou art mighty indeed mortal, but worthy thou art not!" What's really funny is that Supes may be the strongest one here, but he may also be the only one that can't lift Mjolnirsmile No but he could slap it out of Earth's atmosphere.

badabing
I pick Thor & Bats just because Bats knows Supes inside and out.

Juntai
Originally posted by badabing
I pick Thor & Bats just because Bats knows Supes inside and out. What's that going to do when he dies in the opponent milisecond of the battle as Supes unleashes a wide beam of heat vision? Supes WILL be the first to react. He's the fastest here.

Redatom65
well in terms of speed

Thor>Superman>Batman>Captain America

Superman hits bats in which cap jumps out then it's superman v.s thor and supermn wins that

badabing
Thor has godlike strength, speed, endurance and resistance to harm. That's taken from Marvel's site and is a little vague but I think his speed is at least on par with Wonder Woman. If anyone has scans of Thor's speed, please post them. I'm still sticking with my original post because of Batman's knowledge of Supes, but it's very close though.

Silent Master
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs

Superman's magic vulnerability is getting better, he would superspeed thor and laser him from behind, pick up the hammer, and kill thor with his own weapon (hulk and wonderwoman have picked up thors hammer, so superman could easily) then he would freeze batman and break him into pieces with thors hammer

The Hulk has never lifted the hammer and Superman has also been shown as unable to lift it.

http://static.flickr.com/19/112216665_b370fc7af5.jpg

See, the hammer reverted to a walking stick because 60 seconds had passed and it's the stick that he lifted.

brainchild81
Supes will NEVER lift Mjolnir without the gods being nice to him. He could lift a stick thoughsmile

aliveinboston
Originally posted by cowboy
What team would win.
smokin'
no holds barred
Happy Dance

Thor is more powerful than superman, captain america is more powerful than batman, so if its a fight to the death, then after thor kills superman and captain america kills batman, thor kills captain america. Or, if thor was smart, he'd realize batman is going to die to captain america anyway, and saves the readers some time by simply killing them all at once with a godblast.

MattDay
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Thor is more powerful than superman, captain america is more powerful than batman, so if its a fight to the death, then after thor kills superman and captain america kills batman, thor kills captain america. Or, if thor was smart, he'd realize batman is going to die to captain america anyway, and saves the readers some time by simply killing them all at once with a godblast.

thor lost to superman so you are going against comic evidence, what a blinded rat you are

dvampire
Superman and Batman.

DraconaInVolata
Superman would catch the hammer.................

with his face.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by MattDay
thor lost to superman so you are going against comic evidence, what a blinded rat you are

Yeah, too bad they correctly retracted that story.

Sadly for you, Superman clone, Gladiator, had his ass handed to him by Thor. In fact, the order of power is Thor, then Silver Surfer, then Superman clone. This has been reinforced many times throughout the years. This also answers the question posed in the other thread ... Superman vs Silver Surfer.

Silent Master
Originally posted by MattDay

Superman himself stated that he was only barely able to beat Thor and he also stated that Thor might have been his toughest opponent ever, plus Thor stated that he now had Superman's measure and that future fights could end differently

So stop trying to act like JLA/Avengers is proof that Superman beats Thor as opposed to proof that he can beat Thor, which is something that was never in doubt.

Also don't forget in issue one where Thor took on both Superman and MM at the same time and was later shown fighting WW while Superman was nowhere to be seen.

BobbyD
Interesting thread. But all kidding aside, if Supes and Thor chose to eliminate the lesser opponent first, they could; and instantly make it a 2 on one in their favor.

MattDay
fair enough, i agree with. Thor has still no comic evidence otherwise though, and a retracted story seems like you made it up. There's no report or statement explaining this. I wish fan boyism would just go fcuk itself. lol

King KAM
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata
Superman would catch the hammer.................

with his face. nice scan....now how bout you show the next page when superman knocks that asgardian ******* out with one punch.

Validus
Originally posted by Silent Master
Superman himself stated that he was only barely able to beat Thor and he also stated that Thor might have been his toughest opponent ever, plus Thor stated that he now had Superman's measure and that future fights could end differently

Superman says that crap about everyone. He also said Venom was his toughet foe yet. Venom of all people.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Validus
Superman says that crap about everyone. He also said Venom was his toughet foe yet. Venom of all people.

He was also shown as barely able to stand when he said it, not to mention was completely unable to defend himself seconds later when attacked by the Avengers. plus in the later issue he says that he remembers barely being able to beat him. and later Thor states that he now has Superman's measure and that future fights could go either way.

spetznaz
Cap hits The K-nite out of bats hand with the shield, then gives supes his shield, supes smacks thor once with the shield and kills him. Cap takes care of bats in the h2h

Interesting thought.
I don't know who would win (could go either way), but the whole Superman with an adamantium projectile sounds very intriguing.

The thought of a super-strong individual throwing an invulnerable projectile at super-speed does give one shivers.

Validus
He was also shown as barely able to stand when he said it, not to mention was completely unable to defend himself seconds later when attacked by the Avengers. plus in the later issue he says that he remembers barely being able to beat him. and later Thor states that he now has Superman's measure and that future fights could go either way.
That's all well and good. You can believe it but personally I go for the guy who killed him as his greatest opponent ever. wink

Actions speak louder than words. Thor can say what he wants but he still got KO'd. No use talking about hypothetical situations.

Silent Master
That's all well and good. You can believe it but personally I go for the guy who killed him as his greatest opponent ever. wink

Actions speak louder than words. Thor can say what he wants but he still got KO'd. No use talking about hypothetical situations.

Superman has gotten more powerful since he was killed by Doomsday.

Validus
Superman has gotten more powerful since he was killed by Doomsday.
So has Doomsday.

Silent Master
So has Doomsday.

So?

Validus
You tell me. You're the one who brought up Supes getting stronger.

Silent Master
Your the one that brought up Doomsday being his toughest opponent, I mentioned that it was a weaker Superman that Doomsday killed. I believe their last fight had Superman breaking some of his bones spurs and basically beating him far easier than he did Thor.

Validus
The only win Superman has over Doomsday is the Jokerized version. DD threw him around in Hunter/Prey and in Gog Wars DD was portrayed as superior. He's clearly the stronger of the two.

Silent Master
I'm fairly certain that Superman won his last fight against Doomsday.

Validus
That was the Jokerized DD and as I said is his only win. Everytime since they've been teamed up and DD was looking superior. In OWAW, they fought some Imperiex probes together and while Superman was struggling with one DD was going through them like a hot knife through butter. Same thing happened in Gog Wars except Superman was captured while DD was kicking ass for 100 years.

Silent Master
And yet the most recent fight had Superman winning and doing so a lot easier than he beat Thor

Validus
And yet Doomsday was jokerized and manipulated by Darkseid, Joker, and Luthor during that fight. Regardless Superman can't beat a normal DD they way he clobbered Thor into submission. For some reason, I don't see Clark having nightmares about Thor the way he did about DD. smile

Not even counting Doomsday, Thor isn't tougher than Imperiex. Thor isn't tougher than Zod. Thor isn't tougher than Fernus. Thor isn't tougher than any of the other people that have put Supes on his ass.

Silent Master
Superman didn't beat Imperiex by himself, Superman was in better shape after beating Zod than he was after his Thor fight and Fernus I believe happened after the crossover

Validus
Superman didn't beat Imperiex by himself, Superman was in better shape after beating Zod than he was after his Thor fight and Fernus I believe happened after the crossover
Fernus whooped on Supes roughly a year prior to JLA/Avengers.

Superman needed help to beat Imperiex. He needed none to beat Thor. Wouldn't that prove Imperiex was tougher fight for Supes than Thor? confused

True he was in better shape after fighting Zod but Zod was never KO'd either for that matter. Going solely by damage Wonder Woman has done better against Supes than Thor did. So has Captain Marvel.

Silent Master
My mistake regarding Fernus, however I brought up him having help with Impy because Superman made that statement regarding Thor in context of a one-on-one fight.

Since you like bringing mind control into it, Superman was being controlled when Wonder Woman fought him and Captain Marvel ko'd him with two sucker shots, as for Zod, didn't he die my ramming into Supeman

Validus
Here's the thing I'm trying to say. If Thor beat Superman and said Clark was the toughest person he'd ever faced, that wouldn't fly with me either considering Thor has faced guys like Galactus, The Destroyer and Thanos with whatever cosmic plot device he has that week. Same way Thor being Superman's toughest foe doesn't fly when he's faced guys like Fernus, Imperiex, Asmodel, Dominus and The Spectre.

Silent Master
He did say 'might' which does cover the possibility of others being tougher

brainchild81
Originally posted by spetznaz
Interesting thought.
I don't know who would win (could go either way), but the whole Superman with an adamantium projectile sounds very intriguing.

The thought of a super-strong individual throwing an invulnerable projectile at super-speed does give one shivers. But he's not giving Batman enough credit(Wow. I never thought I'd have to say that to anyone. Tagging Bats with a shield toss is unlikely unless Bats is distracted.Originally posted by King KAM
nice scan....now how bout you show the next page when superman knocks that asgardian ******* out with one punch. Why do you hate Thor KAM?

Silent Master
nice scan....now how bout you show the next page when superman knocks that asgardian ******* out with one punch.

Actually that wouldn't be the next page nor did he do so with one hit, the next part of that fight had Superman and MM punching Thor into a building only for Thor to strike MM with a lightning bolt and the next we see Thor he is fighting Wonder Woman so we could easily conclude that the same attack that took out MM also took out Superman.

MrHeavySilence
No it's not. I can't stand Supes and I like Bats, but I realize Bats doesn't really stand a chance against a Supes that's going for the kill without PIS. Bats would literally be dead in less than a second people. Don't let your love for Bats blind you to the truth

Anything that happens in Comic Books is PIS!

What if Batman gave Thor the kryptonite and Thor ripped Superman apart with it? Captain America could do the same by giving Superman his adamantium shield, but Captain America only has ONE weapon whereas Batman has tons. Assume that both street level fighters are tossing their weapon to their receiving superpowers; Batman would deflect the adamantium with a crapload of projectiles and hand his kryptonite to Thor, who would then rip Superman's skull apart.

brainchild81
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence

What if Batman gave Thor the kryptonite and Thor ripped Superman apart with it? Captain America could do the same by giving Superman his adamantium shield, but Captain America only has ONE weapon whereas Batman has tons. Assume that both street level fighters are tossing their weapon to their receiving superpowers; Batman would deflect the adamantium with a crapload of projectiles and hand his kryptonite to Thor, who would then rip Superman's skull apart. Now your makinging me argue for the other side. How about Batman goes to hand Thor the K, but realizes his hand has been melted off by heat vision? Thor wants to kill Cap, Cap might be able to run around for a lil' while and block w/the shield before he's dead. Supes wants to kill Bats, Batman's neck is snapped like dental floss in-between heartbeats or he's melted from a distance. Supes can run to the shield and f**k Thor up with it faster than Thor can get the K and f**k Supes up with it. & Batman would still be on the ground dead before Thor can say ouch. If this is "Which side can make it a 2 on 1 quicker by executing the weakest guy on the other team", that goes to Supes & Cap easily no matter how much Batman knows about Supes. Understand? I still say Thor fries everything 'round him with lightning & it interupts Supes Speed blitz and takes Supes out. Thor is durable enough withstand a few Supes punches and still use magic on SupesOriginally posted by MrHeavySilence
Wrong. The PIS that happens is PIS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.