Are there no muscians in this place?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Just curious, because nobody in here seems to talk about what kind of music they're writing, or instruments or whatever.

Every thread is like:

"OH MY GOD FALL OUT BOY!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lil bitchiness
Fall Out boy...ok hot yes, but musically good - not really. Well not my thing anyway.

I'm not really a musician - i do play bass guitar, but i hardly think that qualifies me as a musician.

There are actually quite a few musicians around - some who write songs, and many who play instruments.

Use a serach function, im sure you'll find lots of threads about musicians around here.

OB1-adobe
Have you ever written anything on bass?

Twilight Janick
I am the alto sax champion of the Jedi Order. I never wrote anything for alto sax.

lil bitchiness
No.

Bass is not really an instrument you can ''write music on'' per se. I do like to play occasional blues and jazz on it - it helps me improve, although much of it is far more difficult than rock or alternative.

OB1-adobe
I have been playing bass for 14 years. Its hard to tell exactly how good i am, its hard to tell. Mainly because I'm self taught in everything, and I can't say with a lot of confidense that I studied and am totally well versed in this and that.

I 'm not really a show off type of bassist. I don't walk into a guitar store, and go "hey everybody look at me!" I don't really play a lot of funk, even though I would like to learn more. I try to be semi versed in all styles of bass playing from heavy ass bass lines, to blues jam, to total spontanous jazz style jamming, thumb mute reggae, slap funk, and techno style.

Mostly my forte is righting melodies, and really melodic things.

Bass can be a righting instrument, you just just need to think who its going to counter act with other intruments.

Right now I'm working on my album where I am trying my hand at playing everything guitar, bass, drums, keys, vocals, and other instruments.

So basically I've written guitar riffs while playing bass, and bass lines while playing guitar.

Darth Jello
I've started an or participated in several musician threads cause i play several instruments

Etrigan
Lots of people I see here play the bass guitar. I do too, but I'm not that good.

I play the cello too. Nothing like classical music now and again.

papabeard
The bass is the easiest instrument to play, thats why its called a bass, its short for basic. big grin

What do you call someone who hangs out with musicians?

A Drummer!

Slay

Bardock42

Because I can
Originally posted by papabeard
The bass is the easiest instrument to play, thats why its called a bass, its short for basic. big grin

What do you call someone who hangs out with musicians?

A Drummer!
lol

Originally posted by Bardock42
Think it was Timmy and Tommy.
rolf!!!

i play around on the piano... i never really learnt it, regret giving it up...
I play the trumpet, and you cant really write songs on it unless you write for other instruments to make a band.... its hard sad
Ummm,
Originally posted by Etrigan
Lots of people I see here play the bass guitar. I do too, but I'm not that good.

I play the cello too. Nothing like classical music now and again.
a) CLASSICAL ROCKS (all music does ^^)
b) I'd LOVE to play the cello.... Yo Yo Ma, he's inspired me.. and others too

OB1-adobe
I am very eager to play the cello. One of the many instruments I want to add to my music. Yo Yo Ma is sick.

The drummer joke was funny, but I actually have immense respect for a lot of drummers. good ones anyway.

Alpha Centauri
You can write music on any instrument, I'm puzzled as to why the contrary was even considered.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You can write music on any instrument, I'm puzzled as to why the contrary was even considered.

-AC

exactly.

see:Primus as a prime example of what you can create on a bass.
personally not been playing bass for very long, just been learning songs which encompass all 4strings, and preferably hammering,pulling and slides as well, so i get used to the fingering as quickly as possible along to a tune im hugely familiar with. seems easiest and quickest to me.

not to mention learning as i go along in our Spandau Ballet mess about covers band haha

Alpha Centauri
Cover Gold, as previously said.

Do it.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
I've been playing violin since age 5. I've only started writing for it, so none of my work is what I would consider "high quality".

Just started to learn piano last year.

Deicide
I play the bass, i been playin for 7 years. i dont claim to be the best, i just play cuz its fun. im not a "show-off" type of player, but when i play im not in the back "one-string-wonderin" it. im up front and loud. smile i do have tablature but i dont play other ppls music. ive made up my own scales, chords and riffs, and they sound good to the ppl i play with, so i guess thats kool. when I play i sound like Cliff Burton or Steve Harris.

Bierbommetje
I play a bit of drums

Lana
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I've been playing violin since age 5. I've only started writing for it, so none of my work is what I would consider "high quality".

Just started to learn piano last year.

Violin! I've played since I was about 8 years old, so for 12 years now. I rarely play it anymore though.

I really want to learn bass but first I need to find one I can use (I've got small hands so most are too large for me to hold and play).

Bardock42
Well, I play the Piano for about, roughly, something like 8 months now. And I am still quite bad at it. I also don'T practice enough....hmm, oh well...

Scarecrow756
I have just started playing the Electric Guitar.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Just curious, because nobody in here seems to talk about what kind of music they're writing, or instruments or whatever.

Every thread is like:

"OH MY GOD FALL OUT BOY!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE SOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I can play classical guitar and trumpet, as well as sing Mariachi.

musicislife
I play guitar and I know some stuff on drums.

jaden101
drums
guitar
trumpet
euphonium

also just bought a bass and an alto sax...woohoo

and the kazoo

papabeard
guitar, bass, drums, keyboards/piano, harmonica, melodica and a little bit of cello.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.