New Sun vs Malestrom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
New Sun- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character.asp?UniqueId=732

vs

Maelstrom- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character.asp?UniqueId=819

Mider
well both have similar powers but maestrom has the power to absorb it while the new son can controll all of it so i dont know its a tough pick i guess that new sun can throw more kinetic energy then malestrom can absorb like happend in the comic were he got to big.

soleran30
New Sun would blow him up or go back in time blow him up before he got mutatedsmile

Darth Macabre
New Sun.

Khellendros
Maelstrom. It took a planets-worth of kinetic energy to cause him to grow huge and immaterial, and even then it didn't KILL him.

soleran30
New Sun can travel time.........hence stop his existancesmile

Mider
meh dont use that argument its anti dramatic, anyway im unsure how fast can new sun throw kinetic energy or controll it?

Khellendros
I dunno. He destroyed his own Earth on accident. Really, it just comes down to who you think can get the first shot of faster. I go with Maelstrom, cause I know a bit more about him.

grey fox
New sun . It takes Maelstrom time to absorb Kinetic Energy , time he doesn't have . Especially when the new son can simply make him explode.

Khellendros
Originally posted by grey fox
New sun . It takes Maelstrom time to absorb Kinetic Energy , time he doesn't have . Especially when the new son can simply make him explode.
No it doesn't. Maelstrom's kinetic absoprtion is instantaneous and constant for kinetic energy around his body. And absorbing long distance has never been shown to take any time either.

Horrificus
Maelstrom has been shown to be a universal threat.
Under his own power, he was able to defeat an abstract entity, without any artifact plot, gems, weapon, or crap like that. He went on to become so powerful, he was an equal to Thanos with IG.

He is baaad news.

grey fox
Originally posted by Khellendros
No it doesn't. Maelstrom's kinetic absoprtion is instantaneous and constant for kinetic energy around his body. And absorbing long distance has never been shown to take any time either.

But even then he'd have to get a single hit in to win the match and New sun has a near infinite supply of kinetic energy ...i think.

Khellendros
Maelstrom can redirect the kinetic energy he's absorbing into biokinetic blasts. And no, New Sun did not have limitless energy, or else Gambit couldn't have overloaded him.

grey fox
Originally posted by Khellendros
Maelstrom can redirect the kinetic energy he's absorbing into biokinetic blasts. And no, New Sun did not have limitless energy, or else Gambit couldn't have overloaded him.

Well shit .....

Horrificus
Originally posted by grey fox
But even then he'd have to get a single hit in to win the match and New sun has a near infinite supply of kinetic energy ...i think.

It sounds like the lazy, uncreative writers at Marvel just copied Maelstrom's powers for Gambit, rather than actually try to come up with something new and cool.

What a shocker!

Dynamic One
This is pretty much a toss up. I'm bettin that New Sun would be able to find a way for Maelstrom to lose control over his absorption rate. This is a good fight. Something to think about. But right off the top I'm goin with New Sun on the basis that Gambit will always find a way to win, he is a schemin, shady ass swamp rat whose always got *ahem* an ace up his sleeve

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.