Magneto runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Magneto has eight hours of rest between each battle.

1) Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
2) Aquaman
3) Lockjaw
4) Captain Atom
5) Photon
6) Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)

xtrubeastxcs
ends at 6

batdude123
I'd like to see Magneto jam Aquaman's claw hand up his ass. laughing

Darth Kal-El
he can revert it back to his normal hand...

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
ends at 6

stop spreading asininity. he ends at Photon.

xtrubeastxcs
i wasnt sure who photon was, and if he was weak i would of made a fool of myself

GODSCRIBE
i wasnt sure who photon was, and if he was weak i would of made a fool of myself

oh, well that's ironic.

Mider
he beats captian atom?

GODSCRIBE
I thought he was covered in metal??

batdude123
^ I thought so too. confused

TheKahn
Captain Atom is covered by the hull of an alien ship. Given that he conrtrols such a wide range of energy and that he actually absorbs energy attacks to make himself stronger, Cap. Atom should stop Magneto imo.

grey fox
Originally posted by TheKahn
Captain Atom is covered by the hull of an alien ship. Given that he conrtrols such a wide range of energy and that he actually absorbs energy attacks to make himself stronger, Cap. Atom should stop Magneto imo.

Co-signed

GODSCRIBE
Captain Atom is covered by the hull of an alien ship.

Which is metal. And which Magneto is lord over.

TheKahn
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Which is metal. And which Magneto is lord over.

eer

Not all metals are magnetic... no

batdude123
eer

How would you know if the metal covering Captain Atom's body is not magnetic? It could very well be magnetic and in which case Magneto would crumple him up like a piece of paper. However, if Captain Atom's costume has PROVEN to be non-magnetic, then Magneto would get stopped by him.

GODSCRIBE
eer

No, but they can be polarized. And as you know Magneto has control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum yes He will use his powes to magnetize him, and control him.

MrHeavySilence
No, but they can be polarized. And as you know Magneto has control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum yes He will use his powes to magnetize him, and control him.

lol..Magneto does not have control over the ENTIRE electromagnetic spectrum. Ends at Photon- I'm pretty sure she can polarize metal too.

TheKahn

I doubt that would work on Cap. Atom as he "wields energy powers of all ranges from nuclear to x-ray to heat/light. He is able to absorb all forms of energy and either boost his own strength and powers or redirect to his enemy"

And as for the metal in his body: "Captain Atom's metal is tied into the Quantum Field-Which grants him access to infinte amounts of energy, the amount of which he can use is of course limited by his will power"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Atom#Powers

Cap. Atom can do everything Magneto can do and then some.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
lol..Magneto does not have control over the ENTIRE electromagnetic spectrum. Ends at Photon- I'm pretty sure she can polarize metal too.

from his bio:

"He can open wormholes through space, create almost impenetrable force fields, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body"

Doesn't that constitute manipulation of photons?

GODSCRIBE
I doubt that would work on Cap. Atom as he "wields energy powers of all ranges from nuclear to x-ray to heat/light. He is able to absorb all forms of energy and either boost his own strength and powers or redirect to his enemy"

So how exactly does that prevent the metal on his body from being manipulated?

TheKahn
from his bio:

"He can open wormholes through space, create almost impenetrable force fields, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body"

Doesn't that constitute manipulation of photons?

I think MrHeavySilence is refering to the character Photon. confused

TheKahn
So how exactly does that prevent the metal on his body from being manipulated?

Any type of energy attack Magneto tries to use on him, Captain Atom can absorb it (making himself stronger). To polarize the alien metal Magneto would have to use some type of magnetic filed, which again, Captain Atom could either absorb or cancle out with one of his own.

GODSCRIBE
I think MrHeavySilence is refering to the character Photon. confused

missed that one. stick out tongue

GODSCRIBE
Any type of energy attack Magneto tries to use on him, Captain Atom can absorb it (making himself stronger). To polarize the alien metal Magneto would have to use some type of magnetic filed, which again, Captain Atom could either absorb or cancle out with one of his own.

well then we'd have to know if the metal was magnetic in the first place. it could, or it couldn't be. do you know for sure?

batdude123
well then we'd have to know if the metal was magnetic in the first place. it could, or it couldn't be. do you know for sure?

That's what I was wondering.

TheKahn

I don't know if that question has ever come up in the comics. erm I would assume that since Cap. Atom has magnetic powers he could polarize or de-polarize the metal at will (assuming that is even possible). I just have a hard time seeing an energy user beating a guy who absorbs all types of energy, plus Cap. Atom is a damn beast now that they have moved him to the Wildstorm Universe big grin

juggernaut66666
magneto can controll the iron in the blood allowing him to paralyse, kill,
or brainwash his enemy

TheKahn
Here is a link with a lot of Cap. Atom feats

among them beating GL Hal Jordan and Firestorm, taking a nuclear explosion at ground zero, a lot of energy absorption feats, shutting off Rays electro-magnetic powers, being told by Waverider that he is "potentionally the most powerful man alive", ect.

http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/rorschach33629/Cap_Atom.html

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
magneto can controll the iron in the blood allowing him to paralyse, kill,
or brainwash his enemy

the iron found in blood isnt even ferromagnetic, so i still dont see how that possible.

juggernaut66666
even magnetos daughter polaris could do it in uncanny x-men and she is far weaker than magneto

GODSCRIBE
lol but iron in blood isnt ferromagnetic. how the **** does that happen??

juggernaut66666
listen it is a ****ing comic Do you know any one who can manipulate magnetic things?

TheKahn
listen it is a ****ing comic Do you know any one who can manipulate magnetic things?

anybody with a magnet.... shifty

juggernaut66666
anybody with a magnet.... shifty
that was cleverbig grin

badabing
I would like to see Magneto and Captain Atom.

Next Venom_girl

This Photon, right?
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2855/monica.html
She can turn to a "light-form" and fly.

badabing
I like your new pics Juggernaut66666

juggernaut66666
thanx

Tshern
You seem to forget that Magneto doesn't only control iron but he can also master several other forms of magnetism. Atoms are held together with magnetic attraction and so forth. His powerset is way more versatile than comics usually let us assume.

Marcus4600
He was able to hold off attacks by Iron Man because he was able to control the photons in the blasts.

GODSCRIBE

good to see you missed the ****ing point.

Cameron Scott
It wouldn't matter anyways since Captain Atom can potentially manipulate the entire unifield which something Magneto wouldn't acheive. Hell, back before Wildstorm he was creating gravity wells to suck cities in.

The Ray also has electro-magnetic powers, but that didn't stop Nate for shutting him down. What can Magneto do to him since his skin would most likely absorb magnetic energy, through sub-marines at him? CA casually blew up large ships in the past.

Lastly he defeated Dr Diehard with ease, a slightly less powerful clone of Magneto. The same guy that owned Metamorpho via polarizing the air when Rex was in gas form and knocked him out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.