Serra Keto vs. TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
Two padawans duke it out, who wins?

Revolver Ocelot
TPM Obi-Wan was a prodigy-in-the-making. Sera was an "exceptional" student.

I'll give it to Kenobi.

Xepeyon
BTW, painful as it is to say it, Serra Keto was a Jedi Knight.sad

Kenobi takes it though.

DarkNemesis
She was? ah well, Kenobi became a Knight at the end of TPM too.

Xepeyon
if Obi-Wan Was a padawan, it would be an increadibly tough fight(padawan against a Knight ), but I think He'd win. we don't know much about Serra, but Obi-Wan did something spectacular for a Jedi of his Rank: Stood his ground, and defeated a Sith Lord in Blade-To-Blade Combat. any rank above padawan for Obi-Wan, and he'd completely crush her.

darthsith19
Serra Keto wins. She was a Knight, not a padawan, and she was Cin's strongest student. She was also a prodigy in making. She uses two lightsaber and is far beyond her years. TPM Obi-Wan's just not quite strong enough to beat her, IMO.

DarkNemesis
Hmm...I see...where can I get some good SOLID info on Serra? Because when I read the Serra vs. Maul thread, everyone said Maul would pwn Serra, so I decided to put her up against TPM Obi-Wan, who did put on a pretty good show against Maul in TPM.

Faunus
Darthsith; two lightsabers doesn't equate to WTFpwnage. Obi-Wan could probably go toe-to-toe with Qui-Gon as of TPM, considering he floored Darth Maul, not to mention that he held his own against the renegade Xanatos when he was hardly thirteen or fourteen. I wouldn't give the hyped up Keto a prayer against him.

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by darthsith19
Serra Keto wins. She was a Knight, not a padawan, and she was Cin's strongest student. She was also a prodigy in making. She uses two lightsaber and is far beyond her years. TPM Obi-Wan's just not quite strong enough to beat her, IMO.

Maul used a double bladed Lightsaber.

Predicting someone will win the fight because they have more Lightsabers is outright silly, to be honest.

Sera loses.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faunus
Darthsith; two lightsabers doesn't equate to WTFpwnage. Obi-Wan could probably go toe-to-toe with Qui-Gon as of TPM, considering he floored Darth Maul, not to mention that he held his own against the renegade Xanatos when he was hardly thirteen or fourteen. I wouldn't give the hyped up Keto a prayer against him.
Never said two lightsabers = wtf pwnage. Qui-Gon would beat Obi-Wan, if Obi-Wan had gone against Maul all along with no Qui-Gon there... well, about five seconds into the duel he gets kicked halfway across the room. He only got lucky at the end when he managed to cut Maul in half and before he got pushed into the pit he only stood a chance against Maul cause of his anger. And it's not like I said Serra'd pwn, I said Obi-Wan's just not quite as strong.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Hmm...I see...where can I get some good SOLID info on Serra? Because when I read the Serra vs. Maul thread, everyone said Maul would pwn Serra, so I decided to put her up against TPM Obi-Wan, who did put on a pretty good show against Maul in TPM.

But when Obi battled Maul one on one Obi-Wan was winning that.

darthsith19
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
But when Obi battled Maul one on one Obi-Wan was winning that.
Nah, they were even and only cause Obi-Wan was fueled by anger.

((The_Anomaly))
Well Obi didn't "beat" Maul in saber combat, Maul was (like all Sith lords) too arrogant and decided to taunt Kenobi when he was hanging on for his life when he could have just killed him. And Maul, like Anakin, and Like Palpatine, all get killed because they are too sure of themselves, too arrogant. In the Eps. III game Serra gets pwned by Anakin, sure, but TPM Obi-Wan would get curbed stomped by ROTS Anakin and Serra didn't do too bad considering.

I think Serra would more then likely win, though it wouldn't be easy.

Revolver Ocelot
Meh, according to the game, Anakin >> Mace Windu and Count Dooku

tdtd
By TPM Obiwan seems better than Qui Gon in saber combat, so don't say he would have lost if Quigon wasn't there since he did more than hold his own during the 1 on 1 battle.

Darth Kal-El
Obi-Wan wins it. But not easily.

Faunus
Never said two lightsabers = wtf pwnage. Qui-Gon would beat Obi-Wan, if Obi-Wan had gone against Maul all along with no Qui-Gon there... well, about five seconds into the duel he gets kicked halfway across the room. He only got lucky at the end when he managed to cut Maul in half and before he got pushed into the pit he only stood a chance against Maul cause of his anger. And it's not like I said Serra'd pwn, I said Obi-Wan's just not quite as strong.

Maybe, but barely. I believe Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have already fought in the Jedi Apprentice series, and that was when the former was in his early teens. And again, Kenobi's already taken on Xanatos, a Dark Jedi, and Bruck, another renegade. He defeated the latter alone.

Kicked across the room? He had to maneuver around Qui-Gon to attack Maul, and when he got his chance, Maul kicked him in the jaw. Obi-Wan just back-flipped neatly and started hammering him again. We saw Qui-Gon get kicked aside, too, and he actually cartwheels away. So no, I'd say that Obi-Wan could contend very well with Qui-Gon. Are there any sources that show Serra could do the same?

darthsith19
With Qui-Gon's help, right?

Bruck was only the same age as Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan had already defeated him when they were younglings, so he beat him again. So what? it's not like Bruck was anything special.

You lie. I just checked. Check again, Faunus. There in the dorway leading to the power generator room. Obi-Wan's attacking Maul's left side, Qui-Gon's attacking Maul's right side. Maul blocks Qui-Gon's swing and then kicks's Obi-Wan in the jaw.

No, he landed on the ground and rolled sideways. It took him six seconds to get back to Maul.

He kicks Qui-Gon and Qui-Gon falls onto the ground, but doesn't move across the room, he falls right there and gets right back up.

I highly doubt it, he got lucky when he killed Maul and he nearly died when Maul kicked him the second time, too (when he fell off the catwalk). Qui-Gon put up a good fight the entire time and was even driving Maul back for a while.

We don't have much info on Serra. She's only in a video game, so.

Faunus
With Qui-Gon's help, right?

Most of the time they were separated, so not really.

Yet that alone is more to his name than Serra has to hers.

Right. I lie. Of course, there isn't the slightest possibility that I don't have TPM on hand, is there.

Six seconds? Please.

I don't really believe that; I distinctly remember him going off-screen. Time to rent TPM. . .

He was clever; there's a difference. And there aren't ''nearly died'' points in duels. Anakin and Obi-Wan ''nearly died'' a hundred times apiece in their duel. Maul ''nearly died'' when Obi-Wan hacked in two his lightsaber, and almost hit him when he flipped over his head. Obi-Wan landed hard and slipped off, but he was back up in a couple of seconds.

And actually, it was Maul driving Qui-Gon back - and defending against Obi-Wan simultaneously - in the hangar. Qui-Gon later pushed him back alone, yeah, but so did Obi-Wan.

So, you really have no case.

PurpleSaber
No, he landed on the ground and rolled sideways. It took him six seconds to get back to Maul.
I think Faunus was talking about when Obi-Wan is battling Maul alone after Qui-Gon dies. He gets kicked in the face and does a backflip. He then continues attacking Maul.

darthsith19
And how did the battle between Obi-Wan and Xanatos go?

So your saying Serra couldn't have beaten one of her peers? Even though she was Cin Drallig's best student?

Are you talking about the third time Obi-Wan gets kicked, like PurpleSaber mentioned? Cause I'm talking about the first kick.

I'm talking about the first kick at the beginning of the duel.

eek! you don't own TPM?!

I'm talking about when it was Qui-Gon vs. Maul, one on one. And Obi-Wan nearly died when Maul kicked him off the catwalk. If he hadn't landed on the other catwalk (and he almost didn't) he'd have fallen to his death.

And you do? All we know about Serra is that she's a Jedi Knight, Cin's best student and Vader killed her when he attacked the temple. So she could only be as strong as a Magnaguard or she could be as strong as General Grievous. It's impossible to tell.

Faunus
You pretty much summed up the debate in that last point: it's impossible to tell. You have absolutely no tangible evidence on Serra - no quotes, no valid sources, nothing. All we know is that she was a student of Drallig who got owned by Vader.

And what the hell are you talking about with the ''And you do''? Do I have actual evidence regarding Obi-Wan? Obviously.

darthsith19
And what the hell are you talking about with the ''And you do''? Do I have actual evidence regarding Obi-Wan? Obviously.
I mean you have no proof that he could beat Serra since for all we know Serra's as strong as a Magnaguard or she could be as strong as General Grievous.

Faunus
And you have no proof that she's even as strong as Zett Jukassa. In fact, you have no proof at all. She may as well be an infinity character, like ''Redeemed Vader.'' I'd say we just drop the Keto threads. . .

darthsith19
Exactly, and you have no proof that she's not as strong as Yoda. That's why neither of us have proof.

Faunus
Yoda? Is that why she was beaten down (supposedly) by Anakin? Please; at best she's on Vos's level, and that's being illogically optimistic. Canonically, she doesn't exist. And might I mention that it's not my job to quantify Serra's power; it's yours, considering you're the one supporting her in this fight.

darthsith19
Yoda? Is that why she was beaten down (supposedly) by Anakin? Please; at best she's on Vos's level, and that's being illogically optimistic. Canonically, she doesn't exist. And might I mention that it's not my job to quantify Serra's power; it's yours, considering you're the one supporting her in this fight.
1. She could be beaten down by Anakin and still be as strong as Yoda. Obi-Wan managed to beat Maul. ROTJ Luke managed to beat Vader. She could possibly be as strong as Yoda and still be beaten down by Anakin.
2. Why does she not exist canonically?
3. Okay Faunus, but it's your job to peove that Obi-Wan's stronger than Serra and since you have to f*cking idea how strong she is your at as much fault of basing your answer off of speculation as I am.

tdtd
1. She could be beaten down by Anakin and still be as strong as Yoda. Obi-Wan managed to beat Maul. ROTJ Luke managed to beat Vader. She could possibly be as strong as Yoda and still be beaten down by Anakin.
2. Why does she not exist canonically?
3. Okay Faunus, but it's your job to peove that Obi-Wan's stronger than Serra and since you have to f*cking idea how strong she is your at as much fault of basing your answer off of speculation as I am.

No, she couldn't be as strong as Yoda. Obiwan beat Maul, so? You're going to say Maul is more powerful than Obiwan?

Faunus

Re-read that post and tell me how out of wack that sounds. Maul wasn't nearly as far above Obi-Wan as Yoda was with Anakin. And I doubt that Serra threw the fight to Anakin like Vader did with Luke.

What source - other than the one that has Anakin defeating Mace and Obi-Wan fighting clawed battle droids - even mentions Serra?

For starters, calm your ass down. Getting riled up over your own mistakes and putting them on me isn't the best way to go in a debate.

I've already quantified Obi-Wan's level of skill, and have reasonably approximated Serra's. You, on the other hand, would even dare to compare her to Yoda, in what has to be the most craptastical argument I've ever seen. Since you apparently can't accept that she's not some saber-god, nor can you actually create a reasonable base for your character's level (MagnaGuard <--> Yoda) I'll just resolve this by stating the most obvious point. She may as well be an infinity.

I'm done here. You people are going to be the death of me if you keep up this nonsense.

darthsith19
He was more powerful, thus that's why Obi-Wan was only able to match Maul with lighsabers when he was using his anger. And since we know next to nothing about Serra, yes, she could be as strong as Yodam for all we know.

Maul to Obi-Wan is about the same as Yoda and Anakin. Yoda wasn't that much stronger above Anakin.

The Brink. But people like Revan, Malak, Nihilus ect. were only in videogames so, according to you, they're not canon, huh?

Faunus, I only stated the obvious; neither of us (that includes you) have enough info on Serra to accurately determine the winner of this battle.

Yes, you have. And I have told you a FACT: That we don't know how strong Serra is and therfor she could be as strong as Yoda. Faunus, screw your head on right, I never said that Serra was as strong as Yoda, I said for all we know she could be. You have as little proof as I do, I already admitted several times that neither of us have sufficient proof since Serra is an unknown. I can't defend Serra since there's nothing to defend her with, you can't say Obi-Wan'd beat her since you don't know how strong Serra is anymore than I do.

I'm not the one saying "I have supplied sufficient proof that Obi-Wan would win even though we don't know how strong Serra is." if you don't know how strong Serra is then it's foolish to assume she'd lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.