The Final Kiss (remake)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esaul
At long last I have decided to post the first part of the story, the remake of it. Somethings are the same, while I added some detail. Comments go here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&forumid=53

Do not post here no matter what.

Esaul
Have you ever had the feeling that you didn't fit in? Like you were an outcast from the rest of society? That you are different from everyone else, and that no one could accept you for who you were really were, and if people found out about your true self, then they would shun you from everyday life. Have you ever felt all alone in the world, and all you really wanted was a friend to be by your side, to help you during your difficult times, and to help you cherish the good times. That is some of the things that was like for fifteen year old Marie.

She was never part of the "in" crowd at school, she had no friends, and on top of that, she rarely ever spoken to anyone. She sat alone at lunch, and during classes she would never sit near the front of the classroom, always the /in the back part of the room, keeping to herself. No one bothered her, and she didn't bother them. Her parents didn't care about her social life, or how she did in school. It seemed to her that they didn't really care at all.

Her grades were average or that was what she had always thought. What made it worse was that her parents did not congratulate her on her good work, or the attempts she had made to maintain a passing grade. After when she came home from school, Marie always went into her room, locking herself in, writing hours on end about her feelings and how she had hated life, and also how she just wanted a friend, but had none, and no one had ever wanted to befriend her.

Never in her whole life has Marie had any friends, which made her teachers worry about her. They told the guidance counselor about what they thought of Marie, and the guidance counselor had tried to get through to her, but Marie remained quiet. She didn't want anyone to bother her, she just wanted to be alone. Her parents received a letter saying that the school thought she showed suicidal signs, and that she was overly depressed.

Indeed was Marie depressed, she hated her life, but she never wanted to commit suicide. Even if she had tried, she didn't think that she would be able to go through with it. Being afraid of death was the only reason she didn't want to kill herself. At nights she would lock her bedroom door, and barred the door with her chair. This was the only room in the house without a window in it, and when she went to bed, she slept by the phone, in case she had any reason to use it. If people saw this part of her, they would think she was paranoid, and that she belonged in the mental institute, but she was just being careful, not wanting anyone to break into their house at night, and come to kidnap her. Sure this was a great fire hazard, but she had to keep herself safe.

It was four o'clock in the morning when Marie woke up to the sound of thunder, and the pitter patter of rain falling down. The reason she woke up was because she of a nightmare she was having, something that had troubled her greatly. It was rare for her to have a nightmare, in fact, this was the first nightmare she could actually remember. It came back to her vividly, which made her shudder. It wasn't something she wanted to have to think of, she tried her best to forget about the nightmare. After a few minutes of her breathing heavily, she rested her head against the soft pillow of hers, and thought of the day to come. Why should she go back to sleep when she only had two hours left.

Getting up from bed, Marie made her way to the bathroom, which was next to her bedroom. Reaching into the tub, she turned the faucet of the tub to war, waiting for the shower to heat up. While she was waiting, she undressed herself, thinking to herself why the life of hers was going the way it was. What had she done wrong in her life? All she ever asked for was some friends, and a family that actually cared about her. But that was obviously too much to ask from her. When the water was warm enough, she got into the shower, washing her short red hair, which reached down to her shoulders.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Down stairs, Marie's father sat at the table, reading the morning paper, having his usual coffee, French Vanilla, cream two sugars from Dunkin' Donuts. He had heard his daughter coming out of her room, going into the bathroom. Each day he had always prayed that her daughter's life would get better for her. Knowing that he wasn't much of a father to her pained him greatly, something that he truly regretted every minute. That was something he couldn't help though, because he had to go to work, and that required him being away from home a lot.

This man, Marie's father, was an important person in the eyes of the state of Illinois. Being the Assistant District Attorney of the state was a great challenge for him, he had to admit, but the pay was something that helped him get the things he needed for his family, though that wasn't the reason he wanted to be a District Attorney, just for the pay. Most of the time was spent either in the office, or in court, prosecuting someone for whatever crime they had committed. It was a tiring job, but he enjoyed it greatly.

Another issue he had was his wife April, someone who didn't help matters at all, making things harder for Marie. Never had she thought of Marie, or anyone else for that matter. All she did was think of herself and her needs, never anyone else's needs, which disgusted him greatly. Why he had put up with her was a great mystery to her.

Slowly, the kitchen door opened, as his wife April came in. One thing that she worried about each morning was how she looked, if her hair was perfectly straight, if her clothes were smoothed, and other things like that. The reason he had married her was the thing that had always puzzled him. This wasn't the same women he had married twenty years ago, this was a different women indeed, and he didn't like the change at all. He had fallen in love with her old charming self, not the person she was now, but each day he hoped that the April that he once loved would come back to her old self, and things would get back to normal. Something told him that was never going to happen, for every day they fought and had rows, and the reason it ended each time was with Marie, slamming the front door leaving for school.

"Jack, shouldn't you be at work by now?" asked his wife sternly. "We need money for the bills, as well as things for me."

"We need the money?" asked Jack in an amusing tone. "We? Not once have you done anything to help the family, especially about our daughter. Have you at least thought about her, if not anything else besides yourself? Where is the April that I had fallen in love with?"

"Jack, you hardly ever home to care for her. I am the one who is here for her, cooking her dinner, and all of that. It takes a lot of energy taking caring of her. You are almost always at that stupid office of yours."

"At least I care about Marie." Jack said to her, raising his voice slightly. "I have always thought of her. That is why I am still married to you, as well as I'm hoping that you would become the woman I fell in love with, but apparently that isn't happening. Because I don't want Marie to go through all that counseling, and to have to go from one house to another. Though I already know that wouldn't happen.

"So, that's how you really feel Jack? You are only married to me because of that child of ours?"

Finishing up his coffee he threw away the cup, glaring at his wife. Honestly, he was angered by how she was taking all of this. Once he threw away his cup, he made his way upstairs, getting ready to do something he hadn't done in years, something he had felt really guilty about. This was going to be the first time he honestly talked to her daughter, and it wasn't something he proud of. Once he was halfway up the stairs, he turned around to his wife, and said:

"That's how you find her? Just a child? When was the last time you actually said her name?" he asked in a sincere voice. "I want you out of this house, with all of your things before I get home from my office tonight."

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Getting out of the shower, Marie had heard her two parents arguing again. Rolling her eyes, she grabbed the towel, and wrapped it around her slender body. Opening the door to the bathroom, she stepped out into the hall, hearing their fighting. This was the same as always, and honestly, Marie was use to it. Once she walked across the hall, she opened the door to her bedroom, walking in. As soon as she was in her room, she shut the door and locked it, and took the towel off. Soon she began to dry herself off, while looking through her closet trying to decide what to wear. Nothing caught her eye, until she saw a black shirt in the back of her closet, which had a black rose on it. Taking it out, she threw it on her bed. Going into her bureau she took out her red camisole, and she picked up her shirt once more, putting it on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.