superman vs. the sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superkronick92
takes place in the heart of the sun(since the sentry has the power of ''1000000000 suns" wouldnt superman get stronger from being around him)

Redatom65
they'd both die the sun's temperture is just to overbearing no matter what

CaptainStoic
Sentry will beat the pis out of him.

badabing
I pick Supes because Sentry seems based on The Man Of Steel.

TheKahn
Been done

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381035&highlight=Superman+vs+Sentry

CaptainStoic
Who cares what he's based on, that's a weak reason to just pick him. Supreme is more powerful than Gladiator four times over, Starbrand was sort of based off of Superman too, this doesn't mean Syperman would beat any of these guys though. There was a time that The Hulk was king, but newer guys have come along (Titannus) and broke him.

badabing
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Who cares what he's based on, that's a weak reason to just pick him. Supreme is more powerful than Gladiator four times over, Starbrand was sort of based off of Superman too, this doesn't mean Syperman would beat any of these guys though. There was a time that The Hulk was king, but newer guys have come along (Titannus) and broke him.
I saying that I'll stay with someone that has been proven time and time again. I'm not marking out to Supes but you can't discount the things that he has done.

Marcus4600
This has been done before. Superman lost.

Redatom65
superman c'mon people give the guy some props Superman is Superman

Superman>All

(note superman is not my favorite superhero but c'mon it's superman)

Horrificus
Originally posted by Redatom65

Superman>All

while i don't enjoy the same fervor for supes that my predecessor does, i do think he can take the sentry.

the sentry has a lot of baggage

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Redatom65

Superman>All

Superman>All? No. Not even close

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Thanos
Galactus
Firelord
and the list goes on and on of who is above Superman, and that list includes Sentry. He stalemated Galactus, says Spider-Man. Superman had problems with an Imperiex probe.

CaptainStoic
We'll have to wait, and see all about this Sentry dude, but I'm thinking that he's gonna leave loads of people picking up their jaws... just a hunch.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Superman>All? No. Not even close

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Thanos
Galactus
Firelord
and the list goes on and on of who is above Superman, and that list includes Sentry. He stalemated Galactus, says Spider-Man. Superman had problems with an Imperiex probe. firelord you have got to be joking right.

Ex11B
Sentry.......for now

cajun2de
yea firelord ain't that powerfull right....you missed the silver surfer on your list

Tulika
Sentry, obviously.

Juntai
Supes, can't pick Sentry based on speculation.

Marcus4600
It's not really speculation. He can down a herald with ease. Superman can't down heralds with ease.

Juntai
It's not really speculation. He can down a herald with ease. Superman can't down heralds with ease. Why not? A good chunk of his rogues gallery is above herald level. He deals with them in random issues. If Superman confronted Terrax and wanted him down, the fight would have been even shorter than it was. What's he ever done besides job anyways?
His on panel feats hardly match Superman's to date.
Until he's proven to be mightier there's no reason for anyone to not side with Supes besides hate.

Marcus4600
I don't hate Superman. I'm siding with Sentry because he does have feats and abilities that Superman doesn't have. If he fought Superman, his assault would probably be beyond Superman's ability to counterract.

Juntai
I don't hate Superman. I'm siding with Sentry because he does have feats and abilities that Superman doesn't have. If he fought Superman, his assault would probably be beyond Superman's ability to counterract. Prove he's mightier then. Prove he's faster, stronger, etc. Supes has a giant list of feats to top. Beating Terrax and Carnage doesn't cut it, Supes would smoke them too.

Marcus4600
Can Superman calm a furious Hulk without laying his hands on him, or even hurting him?
Can Superman make an entire world forget his existence?
Can Superman control energy fields?

Sentry has more than physical strength and flight to him. He's a very powerful telepath as well.

Juntai
Can Superman calm a furious Hulk without laying his hands on him, or even hurting him?
Can Superman make an entire world forget his existence?
Can Superman control energy fields?

Sentry has more than physical strength and flight to him. He's a very powerful telepath as well. Can Sentry stay conscious while Supes pounds his face in, given that he has no feats to support being able to take on Superman, that he's nearly as fast or as strong or cunning?

Hulk feels safe with Sentry, how does that offer an explanation on to how Sentry can win?

Telepathy will also get him next to nowhere.

Marcus4600
Sentry has literal invincibility. The only way to beat him is to manipulate his own energy against him, or just dwarf him in power. Superman punches him, and he'll get one right back that will remind him of when he died.

Juntai
Sentry has literal invincibility. The only way to beat him is to manipulate his own energy against him, or just dwarf him in power. Superman punches him, and he'll get one right back that will remind him of when he died. Back it up. convince me. Feats here buddy.
big grin That's the thing, he doesn't have many, not nearly enough for me to consider him higher than Supes yet.

Marcus4600
That's because he's been around for much less time than Superman. However, what he DOES have is flooring. Check this thread. This is the first Superman vs Sentry thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381035&highlight=Sentry

Mindship
From what I read from the website (linked to from the first Sentry vs Superman thread), seems like Sentry was winning, and I say that as a Superman fan.

Sir Whirlysplat
Sentry may just be a loon who is imagining his powers, I doubt it though. But the last panel shot at the mo in his mini has him in a straight jacket in a padded cell!

Redatom65
well i'm not the biggest superman fan but, he's a posterboy he can beat thanos, thor, beta ray bill, and firelord it'd be an interesting fight.
superman is not one to be trifuled with. i may have many others i like before him but, well i've already said it. it'd be close but, kal-el would win this one

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Sentry may just be a loon who is imagining his powers, I doubt it though. But the last panel shot at the mo in his mini has him in a straight jacket in a padded cell!

Yeah, read that. The little haggard wretch may just be insane. But it might be the Void ****ing with him. Physically, I say they are equal. It's the amount of energy behind the Sentry that gives him the win.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Yeah, read that. The little haggard wretch may just be insane. But it might be the Void ****ing with him. Physically, I say they are equal. It's the amount of energy behind the Sentry that gives him the win.

Ahh but we don't even know that's where his powers come from the whole potion and million exploding suns appears to be being retconned out.

Mr. Valentine
whoops lol, sory posted wrong scan

Mr. Valentine

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
this is how easy he owned terrax

I agree that was impressive but he knew or Cloc would have who Terrax was and what to expect. If you're reading it you know a lot about Rob is suspect!

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I agree that was impressive but he knew or Cloc would have who Terrax was and what to expect.

What the f**k?

JOE NUNEZ
anybody care to do a sentry respect thread

Mr. Valentine
indeed, it is rather annoying when people label him as a copy of superman, because there is so much difference..his emotional problems and addiction to the serum and the madnes...lol.. he is a bit wierd though

Mr. Valentine
no way, hardly enough feats to make it dude

Sparkz
indeed, it is rather annoying when people label him as a copy of superman, because there is so much difference..his emotional problems and addiction to the serum and the madnes...lol.. he is a bit wierd though

Hey if youv got a cape you can fly and your strong your a superman rip off...apparently lol

Mr. Valentine
yeah, thats stupid. its stops everyone else from wearing capes and flying becase they dont want to be copys of superman stick out tongue imbeciles

soleran30
Sentry smokes Superman

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by soleran30
Sentry smokes Superman

Unlikely given present feats Sol.

soleran30
Oh no not you againsmile Superman has nothing on Void and Sentiry and Void are one in the samesmile Senry beats himsad

Sir Whirlysplat
Oh no not you againsmile Superman has nothing on Void and Sentiry and Void are one in the samesmile Senry beats himsad

Or he might just be a loony locked in a padded cell smile

soleran30
Yeah but he is cool I wish SM was a "real" as he issmile Regardless Sentry beats him stupid then they get ice cream together!

Sir Whirlysplat
Yeah but he is cool I wish SM was a "real" as he issmile Regardless Sentry beats him stupid then they get ice cream together!

Trust me Supes feats are awesome and in Justice Supes is very real. Check it out, it's the best comic out there.

Sparkz
yeah, thats stupid. its stops everyone else from wearing capes and flying becase they dont want to be copys of superman stick out tongue imbeciles

lol true but hey its their choice to be rip offs lol

xtrubeastxcs
If it takes place in the sun, superman would destroy him, i think hes a little more charged up when hes near the sun than sentry

xtrubeastxcs
I mean look at me, I think supes would win and sentry is my favorite superhero

badabing
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
anybody care to do a sentry respect thread
This would shed light on his feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.