Ulic Qel Droma versus Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
They fight on the back of a rather docile Sith Worm.

Revolver Ocelot
Ulic. Yoda gives him some trouble, but I'm fairly confident Ulic Qel-Droma pulls through.

tdtd
And you're basing this on what? Ulic's fight with Mandalore? Ulic saber dueling without the force? I would put Yoda above him.

zephiel7
Why do you think that?

Don't say he stalemated Exar Kun, because Kun still didn't develop his unique form of super dual saber attack.

Other than his victory against Mandalore, there has not been much to support his "great" strength.

Revolver Ocelot
His victory against Mandalore was quite impressive to say the least.

And Kun was a saber prodigy regardless of his uber style, PLUS he did have some Sith amps at the time right? I'm not sure, haven't read KOTOR (or was it DLOS? FNU? bah these damn comics!) for a while now.

zephiel7
The best Qel Droma did was stalemate Kun though... Kun was a prodigy but he was beaten by Vodo at the time. Hardly a testament to his skill with his saber at his prime.

His victory against Mandalore was impressive, but Mandalore was not really force sensitive... Yoda could have hopped like a frog and taken down Mandalore too (quite easily, especially due to his diminutive stature.)

darthsith19
This'd be close, I'd say Ulic and don't feel like backing it up. stick out tongue

tdtd
I'd say Ulic is equivalent to Mace in lightsaber combat, but definitely below Yoda. He hasn't demonstrated anything that would put him above Yoda.

IKC
Ulic curbstomps, and this has been done before. Use the search feature.

vpokdekjyafmidp
HEY! i already made this thread!!!

tdtd
Originally posted by IKC
Ulic curbstomps, and this has been done before. Use the search feature.

Very llogical IKC, leave it to you to come up with your typical infallible arguments about the TOTJ characters.. Let me use mine though.

Ulic hasn't shown anything impressive besides defeating Mandalore.. Whoopie.. Yoda defeated two dark jedi on Dagobah without saber... What's more impressive? Thought so. There is no evidence to even remotely suggest Ulic is on par with Yoda in saber combat and especially force powers.. Yoda takes this but I won't say curbstomps.

Illustrious
Originally posted by zephiel7
The best Qel Droma did was stalemate Kun though... Kun was a prodigy but he was beaten by Vodo at the time. Hardly a testament to his skill with his saber at his prime.

His victory against Mandalore was impressive, but Mandalore was not really force sensitive... Yoda could have hopped like a frog and taken down Mandalore too (quite easily, especially due to his diminutive stature.)

He was not "beaten by Vodo at the time." That was likely several months earlier before he even visited Korriban.

So what do you think happened? That after his fight with Ulic, he suddenly grew exponentially more powerful? He pulled a double-bladed saber style out of his ass within seconds? He improvised his duel against Vodo?

I love how people twist around chronology for their benefit.

Originally posted by tdtd
Very llogical IKC, leave it to you to come up with your typical infallible arguments about the TOTJ characters.. Let me use mine though.

Ulic hasn't shown anything impressive besides defeating Mandalore.. Whoopie.. Yoda defeated two dark jedi on Dagobah without saber... What's more impressive? Thought so. There is no evidence to even remotely suggest Ulic is on par with Yoda in saber combat and especially force powers.. Yoda takes this but I won't say curbstomps.

Nothing remotely close? Yoda stalemated Dooku, he stalemated Sidious, either way, even with his superior force powers, he could not get a definitive win.

To argue that Ulic showed nothing definitively close is a lie.

tdtd
If you're going by technicalities sure, Yoda stalemated Dooku, and I guess stalemated Sidious to some effect. Who was the more powerful user both times? Yoda. We saw Mace defeat Sidious but he was by no means more powerful. Again there is nothing to suggest Ulic is better or even on par with Yoda, because of his fight with Mandalore, and his near defeat in a saber duel without the force.

Illustrious
If you're going by technicalities sure, Yoda stalemated Dooku, and I guess stalemated Sidious to some effect. Who was the more powerful user both times? Yoda. We saw Mace defeat Sidious but he was by no means more powerful. Again there is nothing to suggest Ulic is better or even on par with Yoda, because of his fight with Mandalore, and his near defeat in a saber duel without the force.

And more powerful means what if you can't get the win? Exactly.

Anakin was "more powerful" than Obi-Wan, you saw what happened there.

Ulic's feats are very impressive, he is simply a lightsaber prodigy, he beat Mandalore, who was beating other Jedi, with everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him. He stalemated Exar Kun after he had learned "all" from Freedon Nadd, he was the only Jedi out of his party that could shrug off Ommin's attack. He dominated in the beast wars, and was viewed as the greatest threat of the Galaxy before Exar Kun became known. And on top of that, he managed to beat a pissed off Jedi Knight while being blind to the force. Just to let you know, the force increases saber proficiency too.

To argue that Ulic, as the #2 of his era, isn't even in the same league as Yoda is being illogical.

tdtd
Ok and so is saying Ulic is above Yoda.. And yes Illustrious this is a star wars thread which means the more powerful win 99% of the time if not 100%. You can't throw in rare instances into these debates.. I'm glad you're listing Ulic's feats so I can learn more about them but unfortunately they aren't going to help him in a duel with Yoda.

Faunus
Ok and so is saying Ulic is above Yoda.. And yes Illustrious this is a star wars thread which means the more powerful win 99% of the time if not 100%. You can't throw in rare instances into these debates.. I'm glad you're listing Ulic's feats so I can learn more about them but unfortunately they aren't going to help him in a duel with Yoda.

Is Sidious going to beat Mace because he may be more powerful? Is Ragnos going to defeat Nihilus because he may be more powerful? No, that doesn't work.

jollyjim311

Then what do you suppose we judge the victor by? Exactly. These feats are what we have to go by.

tdtd
You're saying we can't judge that the most powerful always win as in the case of Mace defeating Sidious, or Sidious stalemating Yoda. I'm saying the way to judge it is in most scenarios. Obiwan defeated Anakin but is he likely to do it the majority of the time? No. Sidious stalemated Yoda, but would he do it again in a different scenario? So to answer your question yes, Sidious is going to beat Mace the majority of the time, Anakin is going to beat Obiwan the majority of the time, and Yoda is going to beat Sidious the majority of the time

Faunus
You're saying we can't judge that the most powerful always win as in the case of Mace defeating Sidious, or Sidious stalemating Yoda. I'm saying the way to judge it is in most scenarios. Obiwan defeated Anakin but is he likely to do it the majority of the time? No. Sidious stalemated Yoda, but would he do it again in a different scenario? So to answer your question yes, Sidious is going to beat Mace the majority of the time, Anakin is going to beat Obiwan the majority of the time, and Yoda is going to beat Sidious the majority of the time

No, we can't. Each character has traits that make them superior or inferior to others. Anakin is hot-headed, so he'll almost always lose to the craftier, calmer Kenobi. Mace Windu is Palpatine's superior in terms of combat, so he'll generally win. And Yoda? He's just better. Raw power means absolutely nothing in debates, unless you can put it's use into context.

zephiel7
Kun was never shown practicing his lightsaber skills before his fight against Ulic. If he really was as powerful as he was during his battle against Vodo, he would have opened a can of whoopass against Ulic with his second saber. That's why it is more logical to assume Kun focused on his style AFTER the fight with Ulic. Kun was probably too busy studying Sith alchemy to even bother with lightsaber styles.

Illustrious
Originally posted by zephiel7
Kun was never shown practicing his lightsaber skills before his fight against Ulic. If he really was as powerful as he was during his battle against Vodo, he would have opened a can of whoopass against Ulic with his second saber. That's why it is more logical to assume Kun focused on his style AFTER the fight with Ulic. Kun was probably too busy studying Sith alchemy to even bother with lightsaber styles.

And Kun was not shown practicing with a saber after his fight with Ulic either. Does that mean that he just pulled the saber out of his ass? It's illogical to assume that Kun did not improve one iota after going to Korriban and converting to the dark side. Period.

ThoraxeRMG
Yoda

tdtd
Please explain why.. And nice Sig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.