Adamantium vs. Promethium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Two super strong metals. One from the DC universe and one from the Marvel universe. Which one is tougher, could take the most damage, etc.?

Marcus4600
They're supposed to be the same thing, just different names.

batdude123
Do you have any examples of them being bent or dented by anything? From there, we could conclude which one took the least amount of force to bend or dent.

Mider
yeah you need like indurance feats adimantium even weak adimantium can take a hit from thors hammer and not be dented real pure adimantium wont even notice thors hammer only thing that has been shown to hurt it that i know of is the scarlet witches hex or a molecular rearanger or anything to do with messing the molecules

Marcus4600
Well, Cap's shield has been dented by Thor before, but that's a combination of Thor's immense strength and the power of Mjolnir, which is incalculable, but Stormbreaker showed that it's powerful enough to destroy a planet. Cap's shield isn't pure adamantium though. It's an adamantium-vibranium weave, which is why it can take hits from Hulk with ease.

Mider
ultron who is adimantium took the human torches nova blast no problem

batdude123
Didn't Hulk once bend pure Adamantium though?

Marcus4600
No. He broke Wolverine's spine in a What If comic. However, Wolverine has only a thin layer over his bones, so he can still be injured if he were hit by someone like Hulk or Thor.

batdude123
Isn't Cyborgs body made out of Promethium?

Mider
he did dent ultron in secret wars but ultron was totally freaked out it but lets not forget this is the hulk the guy held up a mountain and also once picked up thors hammer with out him being worthy for it.

CaptainStoic
If Cyborgs body is made of Promethium, then I'd have to argue that Adamantium is stronger, I mean Caps shield impressed Superman so much, it almost looked like he was going to make off with it. I know Cyborg would be torn apart by guys like Superman, this is why I said what I did.

batdude123
^ I don't know for sure though.

CaptainStoic
I really think Marvel, and DC should sit down at a table and become one corporate entity. I mean what would sell better Batman vs Daredevil or Daredevil vs Punisher, or Batman vs blue Beetle? If only we could make a vote for it to become law.

Sixth_Winged
They essentially serve the same purpose which is to place an indestructable metal in the maps of their respective companies.

What i'd like to see even more is Nth Metal vs. Uru or Vibranium since these metals have unique properties.

Valharu
Vanadiums stronger than adamantium.

Mider
does anyone know anything about promethium?

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Valharu

What's Vanadium?

Tulika
Originally posted by Valharu

I can assure you it's not. Vanadium is an actual existing metal. Just because Uncle Scrooge says it's great doesn't mean it's a miracle, sugar.

Valharu
Originally posted by Tulika
I can assure you it's not. Vanadium is an actual existing metal. Just because Uncle Scrooge says it's great doesn't mean it's a miracle, sugar. Vanadium in Marvel is stronger than Adamantium. Just dont ask me for any scans cause I cant.

Mider
back on topic who knows about promethium

grey fox
Adamantium is the stronger metal . It's been said that wonder woman could snap deathstrokes Promethium staff. Whereas no one has broken Grade A adamantium yet.

Mider
his staff has taken supermans heat vision though

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
Adamantium is the stronger metal . It's been said that wonder woman could snap deathstrokes Promethium staff. Whereas no one has broken Grade A adamantium yet. Depends on if it was before he got that staff or not. His equipment got upgraded all the time in the issues, at first he had a stuttering boy making all kinds of tech for him, then later in the series, the governement took all his gear and modified it to top quality. At first the staff and sword were made out of 'italian metal'.

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
Depends on if it was before he got that staff or not. His equipment got upgraded all the time in the issues, at first he had a stuttering boy making all kinds of tech for him, then later in the series, the governement took all his gear and modified it to top quality. At first the staff and sword were made out of 'italian metal'.

Nope , i checked it over in his armoury ( i used him in the tourney) It's made of promethium but can be snapped by wonder woman.

Mider
so it didnt servive Superman's heat vision?

Superherovandal
SAID is the key word. until its been physically broken it unbreakable. kinda like Sentry and stalemating galactus. its been said but hasn't happened.

spideycarnage
king thor melted wolverines skeleton , and destroyed captain america's sheild with eye laser's once.

spideycarnage
heres some links of it
http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0203wn.jpg
http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0156lp.jpg

srankmissingnin
Deathstroke's staff, sword and chain mail have all been broken (or disintegrated) several times. The either aren't made of Promethium or Promethium isn't has strong as adamantium

AcousticDoc
where are these Thor scans from? A what if comic?

MattDay
Originally posted by Mider
he did dent ultron in secret wars but ultron was totally freaked out it but lets not forget this is the hulk the guy held up a mountain and also once picked up thors hammer with out him being worthy for it.

lol it turned into a stick, when he lifted it! get the facts right dude

StiltmanFTW
Stop spamming.

Nietzschean
adamantium and promethium are not even close to being the same.

Promethium has shattered and broken far too many times by extremely pathetic circumstances.

It has been cracked and shattered by high caliber bullets, Beast Boys claws, mild explosions and so on..

if anything promethium and vibranium are closer to each other than Adamantium when it comes to durability

cdtm
Is Promethium stronger than Inetron?

Inertrons the metal they use to contain Validus in his cell. Pre Crisis Superboy and Mon El working together couldn't break through the stuff.

Galan007
Inertron > adamantium.

TheGodKiller
I don't know much about DC promethium , I do know that the real life Promethium has a tensile strength of 70 MPa(ranked 19th) , and along with all its isotopes , is radioactive .
So , I'll pick adamantium .

Horrificus
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I don't know much about DC promethium , I do know that the real life Promethium has a tensile strength of 70 MPa(ranked 19th) , and along with all its isotopes , is radioactive .
So , I'll pick adamantium .
And, of course, you also have Marvel's Promethium, which has it's own special attributes:

Adamantium vs. Promethium (Marvel)

LeSuperheros
The adamantium that Ultron was composed of when the Hulk dented him was confirmed as being secondary adamantium, a less expensive but less durable form of adamantium. The adamantium in Wolverine's skeleton is true adamantium, the second most durable form of adamantium. It is completely indestructible except to potent cosmic, magical, etc. entities and someone with excellent powers of molecular manipulation. It has been theorized that true adamantium of greater mass, sharpened, delivered with great force, and superheated could also damage true adamantium. The adamantium in Captain America's shield is called proto-adamantium, and is the most indestructible substance on Earth. It is also impossible to recreate since it was made completely by accident. Thor was able to dent Captain America's shield with the full power of Mjolnir when he had the Odinforce. Beyond that, in 616 Cap's shield has only been destroyed by two individuals: Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and the Serpent, the Asgardian God of Fear and Odin's brother. After the latter, Cap's shield was reforged using the shattered pieces and Uru, which for those that don't know is the metal that Thor's hammer is made of.

carver9
The Adamantium that Hulk dented when punching Ultron was primary adamantium. As for the thread, based off fts, adamantium is more durable.

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus
And, of course, you also have Marvel's Promethium, which has it's own special attributes:

Adamantium vs. Promethium (Marvel)

Wow...you need to show back up buddy. For some strange reason, horrific reminds me of Darkseint.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
The Adamantium that Hulk dented when punching Ultron was primary adamantium. As for the thread, based off fts, adamantium is more durable. The Adamantium that Hulk dented was the same that Wonder Man shook to death.

beatboks
Why is almost NONE of the discussion in this thread about Promethium??

First question, is it DC or Marvel Promethium. The marvel one from memory is a mystical metal that can hold power. IIRC one of Doom's armors was made from it.

DC Promethium is supposed to be perpetual. In otherwords it is strengthened y the force applied to it. It's supposed to be stronger when greater force is applied. It should by rights be stronger if Superman was trying to bend it than if WW was. It was supposed to do the same with energy. a nuclear reactor with some in it's core was supposed to be able to generate limitless energy.

I'd say the marvel one is close to as strong. The DC one isn't.

DarkSaint85
Wow...you need to show back up buddy. For some strange reason, horrific reminds me of Darkseint.

Who da phuck is that?

DarkSaint85

Yes.

StiltmanFTW
Horrificus = Glorificus = DarkSaint85, confirmed.

Thanks for reporting this matter to Stilluminati, carv.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.