Jk 4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tarvos
Any chance that they're going to make Jedi Knight 4?

MadMel
i doubt it....but a man can dream though..laughing out loud

Tarvos
Yeah....

It'd be cool if you're Jaden and trying to kill Jedi or Kyle and trying to stop Jaden or something. They could make a sequel story, it's very likely.

Ganner Rhysode
Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight IV: Jedi Outcast III: Jedi Academy II: Jedi Eclipse

Preferably going back to Kyle or maybe making a new Jedi...

SaTsuJiN
they should start the game with you as an apprentice to a sith or something... they could make the story so much darker... like have a character that your character cares about and your sith master uses him/her as blackmail for you to stay under the wing of the dark side...

I guess I'm just sick of the whole "you start off as the lucky dude who happens to take part in this huge battle and thwart off this villainous plan which in turn does the greater good for the galaxy" mess.. *breathes*

MadMel
ya me too..ive always wanted a sith one.....where you can use electricity at such an extent you can telekineticly pick people up with electricity and throw 'em out windows...ive never seen that in a SW game yet....evil face

Otus

Tarvos
Good for you. thumb up

This thread is not for you. wink

Anyway, that's be a good idea, SaT. You could like either stay loyal to your master or turn on him or something.

Come to think of it, you can be a Sith in JA. Just use a skin for like Dark Anakin or something and change your lightsaber color to red.

SaTsuJiN
isnt that what happens if you kill rosh?... or does katarn just slap you on the wrist and you continue as a jedi? lol

Lana
You become a dark Jedi....which really means nothing at all beyond the fact that you fight Jedi now....JKA was such a horribly boring game. It scared me off from playing KOTOR because I worried it'd be the same no expression

They need to set it up more like KOTOR, where your path isn't really dependent on one choice (though...it sorta is...as you can be good the whole game then turn evil, or evil then good...) but at the same time have it so that as your actions turn you darker or lighter, some of the choices you have as the opposite side aren't available. Like the more you become aligned with the dark side, some of the choices you get that'd be more light side oriented aren't available to you. That would nicely display the fact that your alignment in the Force controls your actions, not vice versa, and would get rid of the whole "oh, I want to be dark today, hmm, I think I'll be light tomorrow" thing that's so easy in those games (and that annoys the hell out of me).

Tarvos
Yeah, that's why I didn't like JK3. Only one of your actions decided your real fate. In KotOR, it's so long that you can be good, then evil, then good, then evil. Plus, you can be evil from the very start of the game. In JK3, you can only really be evil in the last two levels.

Lana
Yep.

Well, I don't like the whole back and forth aspect from KOTOR either. You should be required to stick to a path once you pick it.

Damn SW EU with the whole people falling to the dark side and then going back all the time thing.

Smasandian
I think they should keep another sequel on the backburner.

The game was fun, but I could never see myself playing another one soon. Give it 4-5 years.

SaTsuJiN
heh.. well I mostly played JK2 and JKA for the combat system.. where you're very much in control of when you get hit and which way you slash.. for a sequel I would just ask them to say "screw it" to those shooting weapons and try to be more 'next-gen' with the lightsaber fighting methods (in terms of new ways to fight with the lightsaber, such as perhaps disarming your opponent during a clash, or maybe even totally new fighting styles)..as for appearance, have the look of elderscrolls : oblivion engine and 'make your own jedi / sith' kind of thing.. I'd love to see star wars universe with that kind of detail put into it (high-res textures and models.. *drool* )... even a 'make your own lightsaber' .. choose hilt parts and force crystals.. that kind of thing

Tarvos
It'd also be cool is you could create your hilt from scratch. Choose every ring/sleeve and all the switches. Also where you could choose the exact color of your saber, make it like navy or something. That'd look odd, though. messed

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by Lana
Yep.

Well, I don't like the whole back and forth aspect from KOTOR either. You should be required to stick to a path once you pick it.

I disagree. That's stupid. Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

When you were a little kid, if you decided when you grew up, you wanted to be a fireman, should you have been forced to stick through that path for your entire life?

Or if there's someone who commited a crime, like robbery or murder, should he be forced to live his life as a criminal, a bad person? Is he not allowed to change his actions or his life simply because of a choice he made once?

In summary, your ideas are stupid.

SaTsuJiN
well.. on that subject.. if you do commit a murder.. you usually get sentenced to death... so thats mostly a one-way ticket

if one 'was' to change sides in the star wars universe... I think it would have to take however much extra time to undergo that transformation, for how much time you've spent with said aspect of the force

but I think what Lana means is that when people choose thier path in life.. they are usually over-zealous about it... like anakin.. he killed a few peons and then all the sudden started talking about ruling the galaxy.. the feeling grows to be more intense leading to 'the bigger picture'... it takes alot to change someone.. but the change has to indefinately come from within, so I see what you mean about the possibility of change existing... at least thats my 2 cents.. sad

Lana
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
I disagree. That's stupid. Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad.

When you were a little kid, if you decided when you grew up, you wanted to be a fireman, should you have been forced to stick through that path for your entire life?

Or if there's someone who commited a crime, like robbery or murder, should he be forced to live his life as a criminal, a bad person? Is he not allowed to change his actions or his life simply because of a choice he made once?

In summary, your ideas are stupid.

Too bad my ideas on the subject are in line with the canon ideas on the subject.

EU came up with this whole deal of someone doing one bad thing and suddenly being a dark sider, and going back to the light side just as easily. Guess what, that's bullshit. Anakin redeeming himself was supposed to be a one-off thing because 1) he hadn't fully given himself to the dark side and 2) he was supposed to balance the Force by destroying the Sith. Yes, that's how it was. Yes, that is from the mouth of Lucas himself. This whole "revolving door policy" (to borrow a term from Ush) has just cheapened the entire idea of falling to the dark side of the Force. It's something that's supposed to totally consume you, not something where you change your mind days later.

If you want to be some silly little EU fanboy, whatever. But don't tell someone who takes her ideas and opinions from canon sources that she's wrong because guess what. Canon is ALWAYS right over EU.

Tarvos
Looks like it.

Captain REX
Ganner just completely fell off my chart of respectable people...it's quite possible that he may not even exist any more after that.

What did you do with Ganner Rhysode?!

Mišt
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
heh.. well I mostly played JK2 and JKA for the combat system.. where you're very much in control of when you get hit and which way you slash.. for a sequel I would just ask them to say "screw it" to those shooting weapons and try to be more 'next-gen' with the lightsaber fighting methods (in terms of new ways to fight with the lightsaber, such as perhaps disarming your opponent during a clash, or maybe even totally new fighting styles)..as for appearance, have the look of elderscrolls : oblivion engine and 'make your own jedi / sith' kind of thing.. I'd love to see star wars universe with that kind of detail put into it (high-res textures and models.. *drool* )... even a 'make your own lightsaber' .. choose hilt parts and force crystals.. that kind of thing

If that happened, I think I would spontaneously combust from over excitement. Ive always wanted that to happen in a Star Wars game, just a massive 'do your own thing' kinda game like ES. None of this Galaxies crap, give me complete freedomdroolio

Lana
And would it kill them to give us decent graphics in a SW game?

Mišt
Hopefully there'll be some next gen titles with graphics/physics/gameplay and everything done better, they didnt really use their full potential on the last console games...and the PC games are lacking when you look at the potential technology they could make use of...*kicks Lucasarts*mad

And whats with the sequels? LEGO SW 2? Get lost, we want better original games...

Tarvos

Honestly. In JK3, Kyle Katarn's face is a block.

MadMel
yeah...they should put some detail in....but the thing thats really bothered me is the almost useless powers like 'force sheild' or whatever it was, and i want realistic jumping, not a front flip then soaring upwards for 5 seconds....and ive never played a whole sith game...apart from KOTOR 1-2, but a jk game with sith only...that'd rock..Happy Dance

Ganner Rhysode
Too bad my ideas on the subject are in line with the canon ideas on the subject.

EU came up with this whole deal of someone doing one bad thing and suddenly being a dark sider, and going back to the light side just as easily. Guess what, that's bullshit. Anakin redeeming himself was supposed to be a one-off thing because 1) he hadn't fully given himself to the dark side and 2) he was supposed to balance the Force by destroying the Sith. Yes, that's how it was. Yes, that is from the mouth of Lucas himself. This whole "revolving door policy" (to borrow a term from Ush) has just cheapened the entire idea of falling to the dark side of the Force. It's something that's supposed to totally consume you, not something where you change your mind days later.

If you want to be some silly little EU fanboy, whatever. But don't tell someone who takes her ideas and opinions from canon sources that she's wrong because guess what. Canon is ALWAYS right over EU.

Woah woah, hold on there, you're taking what I'm saying way out of context. I never said they should be able to change "just like that," so to speak. The examples I used were somewhat extreme examples that could and do actually happen, they weren't "some serial killer kills thousands of people and then donates a million dollars to charity and leads a happy life." I never said something like that should be able to happen.

But I also still standby my point. Your "canon sources" never say "no one is supposed to turn back from the dark side, aside from Darth Vader," anywhere. I never said Vader WASN'T supposed to bring balance to the Force. I never even MENTIONED Vader in my first post. Why do you come barging in here saying "you EU fanboy, Vader was supposed to bring balance to the Force, that's what Lucas said!" I never disagreed with that fact. I never mentioned it.

But, that doesn't change the fact that it's irrelevant to the discussion here. What's to say that your character in KotOR "fully gives himself to the dark side" once he does something evil? Why must they all be completely extreme? Why can't they be like Vader, in that they haven't given themselves fully to the dark side, and can still be redeemed?

The entire POINT of the Star Wars saga is redemption - that no one is beyond redemption. That also is straight form Lucas's mouth, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Lana
Woah woah, hold on there, you're taking what I'm saying way out of context. I never said they should be able to change "just like that," so to speak. The examples I used were somewhat extreme examples that could and do actually happen, they weren't "some serial killer kills thousands of people and then donates a million dollars to charity and leads a happy life." I never said something like that should be able to happen.

But I also still standby my point. Your "canon sources" never say "no one is supposed to turn back from the dark side, aside from Darth Vader," anywhere. I never said Vader WASN'T supposed to bring balance to the Force. I never even MENTIONED Vader in my first post. Why do you come barging in here saying "you EU fanboy, Vader was supposed to bring balance to the Force, that's what Lucas said!" I never disagreed with that fact. I never mentioned it.

But, that doesn't change the fact that it's irrelevant to the discussion here. What's to say that your character in KotOR "fully gives himself to the dark side" once he does something evil? Why must they all be completely extreme? Why can't they be like Vader, in that they haven't given themselves fully to the dark side, and can still be redeemed?

The entire POINT of the Star Wars saga is redemption - that no one is beyond redemption. That also is straight form Lucas's mouth, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

And you have now made it clear that you completely and totally missed the point of what I said originally.

I'm not saying that if your character stays relatively neutral and does a few things that would be considered dark that they should be stuck that way forever. What I was saying is that as your character goes further and further to the dark side - or light side, for that matter, that the choices you'd get that would be aligned with the opposite side of the Force should become unavailable. Because really, if you're a 100% Sith Lord, you're not going to be helping people or acting nice or anything like that, and if you're 100% goodie goodie Light sider you won't be slaughtering people just for the fun of it.

Let's say you're neutral. All choices are available. You get to being about a quarter into the side you're aligning with - the most extreme option that is aligned with the opposite side is taken away, and another option is given that is aligned with YOUR alignment. And so on and so forth. That would be far more realistic to the SW universe and would also display the idea that the Force controls you more than you control it.

And btw, I barged in nowhere. This is my forum. I mod it.

Ganner Rhysode
And you have now made it clear that you completely and totally missed the point of what I said originally.

I'm not saying that if your character stays relatively neutral and does a few things that would be considered dark that they should be stuck that way forever. What I was saying is that as your character goes further and further to the dark side - or light side, for that matter, that the choices you'd get that would be aligned with the opposite side of the Force should become unavailable. Because really, if you're a 100% Sith Lord, you're not going to be helping people or acting nice or anything like that, and if you're 100% goodie goodie Light sider you won't be slaughtering people just for the fun of it.

Let's say you're neutral. All choices are available. You get to being about a quarter into the side you're aligning with - the most extreme option that is aligned with the opposite side is taken away, and another option is given that is aligned with YOUR alignment. And so on and so forth. That would be far more realistic to the SW universe and would also display the idea that the Force controls you more than you control it.

And btw, I barged in nowhere. This is my forum. I mod it.

It's a phrase, Lana. Anyway, in your original post, you said, and I quote, "I don't like the whole back and forth aspect from KOTOR either. You should be required to stick to a path once you pick it."
You never, not even once, said, "if you are completely evil, you should be forced to stick to that path, and vice versa." Based off of your very broad and general statement, it seemed as if once you pick the path of EVIL, say, by killing a kid or choosing the "evil" optinon on a menu, you must remain to be evil for the remainder of the game.

Maybe you should be more clear in your posts, as opposed to simply assuming everyone else will understand what you were trying to say?

Lana
It's a phrase, Lana. Anyway, in your original post, you said, and I quote, "I don't like the whole back and forth aspect from KOTOR either. You should be required to stick to a path once you pick it."
You never, not even once, said, "if you are completely evil, you should be forced to stick to that path, and vice versa." Based off of your very broad and general statement, it seemed as if once you pick the path of EVIL, say, by killing a kid or choosing the "evil" optinon on a menu, you must remain to be evil for the remainder of the game.

Maybe you should be more clear in your posts, as opposed to simply assuming everyone else will understand what you were trying to say?

That wasn't my original post in this thread, though, that was my second post in this thread. In my original one, which you apparently did not read, I very clearly explained how I thought it should be, by saying this:

Yep, that's what I said. Try reading all the posts before commenting.

Ganner Rhysode
But that doesn't change the fact that you said "You should be required to stick to a path once you pick it."

That doesn't say "you should only be able to choose SOME lightside things when you're very evil," or "you should only be able to choose very little darkside things when you're a good character." What that post says is "once you pick a path, you should be required to stick to that path." It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal.

Lana
You're still not reading it and now just reading what you only want to see to try and prove me wrong.

Let me BOLD the parts you're missing.

Do you not see where I used the word "some" in there TWICE in referral to options not being available as you go further to the dark/light side? I decided to italicize that as well.

Full post, right here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=6233038#post6233038 Two posts above the one I made that you keep harping on.

Ganner Rhysode
No, no, I read that post. I saw that post. You, however, are ignoring some of what *I* am saying. You posted what I am referring to later on, correct? This means it supercedes what you were talking about before. It was more current, and so on and so forth. Furthermore, given that in your second post you didn't mention SOME at all, it was perfectly logical for me to assume that you just meant in general.

Lana
Just because I posted it later does not mean it supercedes what I said before roll eyes (sarcastic) I was simply stating that I despise the EU's revolving door policy when it comes to people falling to the Dark Side and deciding to go back to the light. There's a lot of things I don't like about the EU but that's just the one that's the most annoying...and it's mostly because the mindset of the EU writers is that doing one or two bad acts makes one a Dark sider.

Ganner Rhysode
Then let's agree to disagree, and leave it at that, as all we're doing is arguing in circles.

And note, yes, I agree with you on that count.

Mišt

Found this on IGN, sounds exciting:

Zeno was created to take advantage of the Academy award-winning tech skills from ILM with the game development of LucasArts, building a next-generation game development pipeline and toolset from which both could prosper. As many as 15 engineers are dedicated to building it, and the team comprises a mixture of LEC and ILM staff, who share offices. There is no "CTG" -- central technology group, and the tools will never actually be finished: it will always be in development. The first fruits of the teams' labor will be shown in LucasArts' two next generation games (one of which is Indiana Jones). - *crosses fingers for kick ass SW game* droolio

Among the many struggles the two teams have had include balancing the use of both Windows and Linux, creating tools with high usability, smart interfaces, and are stable, and ramping-up and training.

Components of the Zeno tools feature WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing for level editing, familiar controls and manipulators, and an asset browser. "Zeno is great at handling complex scenes," said Steve Sullivan. "It is used to handle incredibly complex scenes such as those in Pirates of the Caribbean. The tool is also flexible, scriptable, and highly scalable. And...we own it."

The tools provide powerful ways to manipulate and show real-time lighting, pre-calculated lighting using ILM's pipeline and renderfarming, real-time and accurate previews of dynamic lighting and shadowing, HDR (high dynamic range) support, and ambient occlusion support. There is an excellent particle editor, a materials editor, and LucasArts has its own digital actor studio, enabling motion-capture work in-house. The team is able to blend animation, and work on non-linear animation, facial animation, procedural animation, in addition to having access to a physics workshop, into which Havok tools have been integrated.

Full article here:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/698/698415p1.html

Cant waitshock

Nactous

Well, thats your opinion.

Red Superfly
It would be cool if it was Jedi Knight: Luke Skywalker - don't you think? Yes, I know it ain't original, but hear me out:

It's the perfect storyline. You start out with blasters and guns, the first level is the Death Star, and the intro is you trying to capture a Stormtrooper on the Falcon, steal his suit, and then walk to the Princess' quarters. The lack of action eases you into the controls and would be atmospheric as hell.

Imagine starting out the game with the prison break sequence? How about the trash compactor where you have to defend your self from a giant Diagona thats trying to suck you underwater. Then there's the giant chase sequence where you get to use the new grappling hook (obviously you use it a few times to play the level out a bit). Then you turn a corner and watch Obi-Wan dissapear, and shoot the door as Vader comes towards you. Maybe this could be played out really cool where you have to shoot maybe a few switches to shut the door. Vader is marching towards you and Stormtroopers are shooting at you. Would be really cool.

These are PERFECT training excercises.

Then it moves up to Empire Strikes Back where you are attacked by a wampa, and then you get to have a mini-boss fight in the cave. Then you train in the ways of the saber (man, this is perfect game material) with Yoda. You get to experience the full Jedi training before setting off to Bespin to tackle a few Stromtroopers and confront Vader in the best duel ever.

Then its Return Of The Jedi, the Rancor, the sail barge, Boba Fett, Endor, speeder bikes and the massive duel with Vader.

It could keep going further than that where it carries on Skywalkers story in the New Jedi Order and him meeting Mara Jade. It could be such an awesome story, all about Luke.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. well I like the idea of it starting off after the movies are over.. the only issue with that is starting off as a force demi-god... isnt luke a jedi master by the time he runs into mara?

personally I prefer starting off as an unknown... I just dont like the idea of becoming galactically reknown after thwarting some mastermind in the course of an hour.. those kind of feats should take some time

Lana
Meh, I hate Luke. I'd probably kill him on purpose if I had to play as him.

Tarvos
Especially ANH and ESB Luke. I'd let him get owned by Vader and the Wampa.

SaTsuJiN
I think Ravensoft will just wind up using someone elses game engine again... I hope they pick a good one if they do (for JK4)... but I think if they made their own engine.. they wouldnt have to put as many restrictions rather than already having a set group of restrictions applied prior to development from using a premade engine

.. just wishful thinking I suppose.. embarrasment

MadMel
hmm maybe..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.