People who have NEVER gotten a upgrade or a powerup?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
This list might be short...

Well, Namor springs up to my mind first. He has always been as badass as he has been to this day.

Most of the X-Men doesn't count, obviously...neither does Spider-Man anymore.

Know any?

AJ4LIFE
bruce wayne never has change, jean paul changes costume but i class him as diferent

DarkCrawler
Batman has had some different costumes.

Obviously, the one he wears now is vastly different from the one he wore years ago. And when he is with JLA, he has even better costume.

But costume changes can't really be counted as powerup, so you are right in a way...Bruce has never gotten extra powers or anything.

AJ4LIFE
im glad u aggree but wat is the differents between his costumes from now and with the jla and years ago

DarkCrawler
Technology has been vastly improved over the years.

His first costume was hardly bulletproof if I remember right. All the tech was in his belt.

Nowadays:

"The Batman's costume serves many functions beyond concealing his identity and providing a distinctive appearance. Its material is Nomex lined with triple-weave Kevlar, and the cape has had its points weighted. The cowl has a Kevlar lining and additional trauma plates to protect his forehead and throat. The eye slits have Starlite nightvision lenses that can be activated with voice control, and also contain a field of view display projector. A radio transceiver is built into the cowl with a throat mic that allows for subvocalized transmission, and the suit has electronic cooling systems and inertial navigation unit built into it. The wiring provides the feed for a built-in taser system that can deliver one rechargeable 50,000-volt, low-amperage shock to anyone in contact with him.

Batman keeps several additional versions of the Batsuit on hand for special use in unique environments, such as long underwater diving, toxic or oxygen-less atmospheres, and exo-skeleton-supported battle armor for use against particularly deadly metahuman foes. These are always the exception to the rule, however, and take more time to be replaced if damaged or destroyed in the field."

AJ4LIFE
cool very cool, hey do u have the namor aquamn fight can u scan it for me please dont worry i disaggree with that win namor cant be beat by that but can u scan it anway u dont have to post the wale bit but u savengers have to stick together stick out tongue

grey fox
What about Green arrow ?

AJ4LIFE
i dont think hes got a upgrade

Sparkz
Capatain America hasnt as far as I know, in a way hulk hsant changed, hes just had differnt incarnations, its more like he's had differnt characters, but never realy an upgrade so to speak.

AJ4LIFE
the origanal has always been the best

Knightfall93
Wolverine? O guess the writers just make him unofficially stronge and stronger so he shouldnt count! Hey, how about Beast... oh, he had tyhatb formula. Mystiqque? Toad? Sabretooth? Magbneto (I know he got uber powerful on Kick but that isnt upgrade...), Human Torch, Thing, John Sttewart, and... J. JHonah Jamesson? Is that OK? Correct me if some have had upgerdes...

grey fox
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Wolverine? O guess the writers just make him unofficially stronge and stronger so he shouldnt count! Hey, how about Beast... oh, he had tyhatb formula. Mystiqque? Toad? Sabretooth? Magbneto (I know he got uber powerful on Kick but that isnt upgrade...), Human Torch, Thing, John Sttewart, and... J. JHonah Jamesson? Is that OK? Correct me if some have had upgerdes...

Sabretooth was upgraded into 'Turbo Sabretooth' plus all of those adamantium upgrades

Magneto had an upgrade from polaris

Human torch swapped powers with his sister and then got a cosmic boost from the big g

Two words . Spikey . Thing

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Batman has had some different costumes.

Obviously, the one he wears now is vastly different from the one he wore years ago. And when he is with JLA, he has even better costume.

But costume changes can't really be counted as powerup, so you are right in a way...Bruce has never gotten extra powers or anything. Namor has different costumes aswell DC. You should know this.

The one suit he wears he does not get drydrated when he wears it. That's a uprgrade.

Marcus4600
We're talking power upgrades, Snoop.

samishe
Superman never had an upgrade. stick out tongue

Marcus4600
Originally posted by samishe
He's lost a boyfriend before:
http://supermanemo.ytmnd.com/

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Marcus4600
We're talking power upgrades, Snoop. But the suit actually gives Namor a power upgrade.

samishe
Originally posted by Marcus4600
He's lost a boyfriend before:
http://supermanemo.ytmnd.com/

laughing Poor supes. Is it real comics or just a funny fake?

Mindship
As far as I know, the Silver Surfer has never had an upgrade. Yes, many will say he doesn't need one, but considering how much power he had lost in his early years, it might've been nice, somewhere between then and now, for the writers to have mentioned his de-powering, with a consequent re-powering once he was free again. Seems just a lot of stuff was assumed. Either that, or I missed something, in which case I would appreciate if someone enlightened me.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by snoopdogg
But the suit actually gives Namor a power upgrade.

Hmm? It just keeps him from weakening. It doesn't change his powers or anything.

Like I said in my post, Batman counts too because he hasn't never gotten any extra powers or anything. Just different costumes.

He has upgraded costumes, not upgraded physiology.

Sir Whirlysplat
Shang Chi

Sir Whirlysplat
Galactus

NoFate007
I don't know for sure but I'm guessing:

Daredevil
Mephisto
Eternity
TOAA
Beyonder
Toad
Mr. Mxysptlk - whatever, lol
Iron Man
Parasite
Vandal Savage
Nightwing
Robin - any of them
Catwoman
just about every Batman character for that matter
most Punisher characters
a lot of Spider-Man characters like Chameleon and Shocker

DarkCrawler
Toad has gotten upgrades.

grey fox
Parasite has , at least twice .

Iron man ? Fate, the guy upgrades his armour whenever he can.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by grey fox
Parasite has , at least twice .

Iron man ? Fate, the guy upgrades his armour whenever he can.

But the 70's classic armour has the greater feats of any of his normal "everyday" armours.

grey fox
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
But the 70's classic armour has the greater feats of any of his normal "everyday" armours.

Like punching out Hulk....

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by grey fox
Like punching out Hulk....

exactly and lifting the multi thousand ton sky islandballwith the Avengers against Graviton and matching Nrfaria and Herculesin strength etc, etc.

NoFate007
I thought we agreed that upgrading equipment didn't count, such as Batman upgrading his armor and suits.

Toad has gotten updates? How? What a pointless character...

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
I thought we agreed that upgrading equipment didn't count, such as Batman upgrading his armor and suits.

Toad has gotten updates? How? What a pointless character...

Yeah something along the liens of Wall crawling ( copied from the film) and some sort of hallucinogenic secretion

Femi32
Originally posted by samishe

Not true stick out tongue Superman in the early 90s couldn't fly past Mach 4. Now, he can fly 10x the speed of light in space. That's just one upgrade.

DarkCrawler
He also had trouble lifting a plane in 90's.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sparkz
Capatain America hasnt as far as I know

Cap gained Super-strength for a limited period years ago

Originally posted by Mindship
As far as I know, the Silver Surfer has never had an upgrade.

He recently gained the Captain Universe powers..... for about a quarter of an issue

Originally posted by Femi32
Not true stick out tongue Superman in the early 90s couldn't fly past Mach 4. Now, he can fly 10x the speed of light in space. That's just one upgrade.

When Superman first appeared he couldn't fly at all

Originally posted by NoFate007
Daredevil
Mephisto
Eternity
TOAA
Beyonder
Toad
Mr. Mxysptlk - whatever, lol
Iron Man
Parasite
Vandal Savage
Nightwing
Robin - any of them
Catwoman
just about every Batman character for that matter
most Punisher characters
a lot of Spider-Man characters like Chameleon and Shocker

Daredevil gained the Captain Universe powers

Iron Man gained a mechanical heart (from the sentient armour) to replace his damaged heart.... plus this whole thing that's happening/happened in the Extremis storyline

Chameleon and Shocker both had substantial tech upgrades at one point or other.... but never superpowers (as far as i know)

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
Cap gained Super-strength for a limited period years ago

He recently gained the Captain Universe powers..... for about a quarter of an issue

When Superman first appeared he couldn't fly at all

Daredevil gained the Captain Universe powers

Iron Man gained a mechanical heart (from the sentient armour) to replace his damaged heart.... plus this whole thing that's happening/happened in the Extremis storyline

Chameleon and Shocker both had substantial tech upgrades at one point or other.... but never superpowers (as far as i know)

Longpigs mom got an upgrade allegedly, recently, according to Scoob.

Scoobless
She was overcharged too!

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
She was overcharged too!

laughing out loud

Sixth_Winged
Cyclops. While the rest of his team get bejeezus powerups and modification, he remains true to one thing........he has a WMD in his head.

thesilverspider
Mr.Fantastic??
Blackbolt
nightwing

GalacticStorm
This list might be short...

Well, Namor springs up to my mind first. He has always been as badass as he has been to this day.

Most of the X-Men doesn't count, obviously...neither does Spider-Man anymore.

Know any?

Hasnt Namors strength been officially upgraded over the last few years?

GalacticStorm
Storm has never gotten an upgrade sad

Id love 2 see her able to change into an energy form or maybe even able to control and generate earthquakes and volcanoes or have the ability to communicate with animals.

King KAM
Luke Cage

DarkCrawler
He's stronger now then when he started, I believe...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Hasnt Namors strength been officially upgraded over the last few years?

Nah.

Just mistakes have been corrected. yes

He's always shown Class 100 strength in comics.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Storm has never gotten an upgrade sad

Id love 2 see her able to change into an energy form or maybe even able to control and generate earthquakes and volcanoes or have the ability to communicate with animals.

She has. Didn't she once turn into "Dark Phoenix" type Storm? Maybe it was just her using her full potential, I can't remember...she was close to destroying Earth or something.

GalacticStorm
She has. Didn't she once turn into "Dark Phoenix" type Storm? Maybe it was just her using her full potential, I can't remember...she was close to destroying Earth or something.

Nah she was just enraged and using her powers to their fullest. That was the "hyperstorm" incident.

King KAM
He's stronger now then when he started, I believe... hasnt been proven or documented yet....so i hope they make it official.

nathan summers
There aren't many that come to mind that haven't changed in some way.

King KAM
Originally posted by nathan summers
There aren't many that come to mind that haven't changed in some way. They need to hurry up and have cable and A-poc both kill eachother.

thesilverspider
I like that cap sig who made it for you.........shifty

King KAM
Originally posted by thesilverspider
I like that cap sig who made it for you.........shifty i unno....i forget.... embarrasment

Sparkz
Rhino has never had an upgrade, sure he had tht armour but seeing as we aint counting tech

Dizzle
I'd argue that Batman has gotten exponentially better at martial arts throughout his career, without undergoing any additional training. Also, his durability has skyrocketed into the metahuman range. Even kevlar shouldn't save him from Mongul's backhand.

Spiderman hadn't until very recently...

Higher end cosmics naturally wouldn't NEED extra powers, because they can already do pretty much anything they damn well please.

Captain Marvel (DC) never did, to my knowledge.

There really haven't been a lot of long term heroes who haven't ever gotten more powerful... Heh.

olympian
Captain Marvel did. When Shazam became a deity after New genesis and was able to lend them more power.

Tecnically when Superman gets a powerup, so does Cap. Thats why they always stay as equals.

DarkCrawler
Isn't Captan Marvel currently in Shazam's place?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.