Is Boba Fett really dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VISQUIS
In episode 6 Boba gets eaten by the Sarlac pit, but someone said on this website that he blows it up and escapes,I'm doing this cause Bobas my favourite character.

Fox5
In EU no,in Movie Canon yes.

Council#13
what he said

VISQUIS
Ok thanks Fox5 and council#13

Council#13
no problem!

ESB - 1138
They just can't let Boba die.

VISQUIS
too right ESb, hes too cool and powerful to die

Tarvos
Cool, yes. Powerful, no. erm

I'd put him just above RotJ Luke. In RotJ, of course. In EU, I believe they make him all uber powerful, though.

ThoraxeRMG
No, he's not dead.
Someone helps him get out.
And he later has a daughter.
Who hates him becasue he left his wife then his wife died.

Rayvann
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
No, he's not dead.
Someone helps him get out.
And he later has a daughter.
Who hates him becasue he left his wife then his wife died.

WTF? Boba Fett had a wife?

Captain REX
Sintas Vel. Some comic book thing.

ThoraxeRMG
Go to wikipedia and see.
His daughter is pretty hot.

Darth Subjekt
But as far as Lucas in concerned, Boba's Sarlac fodder.

Tangible God
Didn't the trustworthy Wiki also mention that Lucas had intended to put in a scene in the DVD of Boba crawling out? Wouldn't that be SORTA movie canon?

Fox5
No,he PLANNED it,he didn't put it in,therefore,it has no relevance.

Tangible God
Lucas himself intended to put it in, but thought it would drain notice from everything else in the scene, so it could be kinda HALF canon.

Captain REX
But he didn't. And it's been established that he thinks that Fett is dead.

Tangible God
Well... I guess it's for the best. Boba is a bad man. He actually has a larger page on Wiki than Han.

Wesker
Boba wasn't meant to be a fanboy god, really. It's too bad he became one anyways.

Lana
Originally posted by Tarvos
Cool, yes. Powerful, no. erm

I'd put him just above RotJ Luke. In RotJ, of course. In EU, I believe they make him all uber powerful, though.

In EU they make EVERYONE uber powerful. It's like friggin' DragonBall Z.

DarthBanevv
He only has a handful of lines in the OT, "As you wish", "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.", "Put captain Solo in the cargo hold".

Darth Subjekt
I think it was his mystery that people were drawn to, and the main reason that people hated the jango voice over in the DVD version.

ThoraxeRMG
Does any one want to to put a link to Boba's Daughter's bio?!

The Black Ghost
Boba Fett never dies anytime in Star Wars. He comes back in the final book of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and saves some people. He also gathered the last of the mandalorians together.

ThoraxeRMG
Thank you and don't forget he becomes Mandalore.

Ushgarak
Fox5's post pretty much nailed it.

redcaped
Unlike the other victims Boba Fett was equipped with many weapons and devices enabling him to emerge alive. Just compare the creature size from episode V that could not resist a single laser blast. This is the obvious.

Faunus
Uh, what?

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Fox5's post pretty much nailed it. Thanks,Ush! smile

@The Black Ghost:You're half right,read my first post,in the Databank it says Boba kicked the bucket,in the EU books,it says he survived.

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by Lana
In EU they make EVERYONE uber powerful. It's like friggin' DragonBall Z. That's why I consider Post ROTJ EU crap.Those fat ass authors couldn't write a good book if their lives depended on it!Good thing they got Karen Traviss,now SHE ,is a real author.Ive read her books,they beat the shit out of anything those other authors could scrounge up.

Rayvann
Originally posted by Faunus
Uh, what?

Don't bother... redecaped is... different from the rest of us.

The Black Ghost
Originally posted by Mysterious Man
That's why I consider Post ROTJ EU crap.Those fat ass authors couldn't write a good book if their lives depended on it!Good thing they got Karen Traviss,now SHE ,is a real author.Ive read her books,they beat the shit out of anything those other authors could scrounge up.

Timothy Zahn was the best author I think...

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
Timothy Zahn was the best author I think... Back when he made the Thrawn Trilogy,NOW he's barely better than the rest of those craptastic 'authors',but Karen still co,es up to the top though IMO.

Darth Katarn
IF you dont think Boba is alive you dont know much about star wars, in many games based in the EU boba comes back. Such as Jedi Knight Jedi Acadamy. and it is a fact that he did blast his way out of the sarlac pitt

Deception
Originally posted by Darth Katarn
IF you dont think Boba is alive you dont know much about star wars, in many games based in the EU boba comes back. Such as Jedi Knight Jedi Acadamy. and it is a fact that he did blast his way out of the sarlac pitt

In terms of EU he is alive, in terms of Movie SW, he is dead.

thetruepower
Well technically the EU source are SCanon right? Well the movies don't contradict him escaping from the sarlacc pit, so canonically he is alive.

Deception
He is alive, if you include Star Wars EU, but if you base it purely on the Movies, he is dead as of the time he enters the pit. Meaning from the beginning of ROTJ to the end of it, he is dead.

thetruepower
But canonically he is alive.

Wesker
Originally posted by Mysterious Man
In EU no,in Movie Canon yes.

This is one of those instances where Eu deviates from the movie, but since it's not a contradiction so much as an alternative fate, it's apparently allowed. I think Boba Fett has all the personality of a mall security guard, but someone out there loves that Ghostbuster gear and bucket helmet.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by thetruepower
But canonically he is alive.

Only in EU canon. GL considers him dead, and as the word 'canon' refers by default to the movies, then canonically, he is dead.

melenor
Boba is not dead but i know nothing of him marrying or haveing a daughter.

Boba even meets Han again and fights along side them. but they never talk they just see each other get in ships then they fight to save a space station.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.