The psychic state of people in your country.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clovie
erm.. I'm writing some paper... and it would be great if you could provide me with some info (offical preferably).

And at the same time I'd like to know if anyone agrees with me that the place you live in has some impact on the way you're seeing life..

that eg: people living in USA tend to be more optimistic..and people from Scandinavia depressed.

Bardock42
Well, I think the place you live in does have a huge impact on you, but I don't think you can put in in such simplistic terms. Everyone is influenced by their surroundings but in different way. And there are even huge difference within certain countries.

Oh, and most of the people around here aren't psychic.

And just cause you are such a nice long time member I won't bash you for creating a homework help thread.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
This is official:

In Asia, everyone is able to read each other's mind due to the microchips that are implanted in the minds of Asians when they are born. I am a vicarious witness to this phenomenon. The purpose of the microchip is to ease social cohesion. If everyone knows each other's thoughts, then everyone tries to keep those thoughts harmonious, so that no detrimental action is taken on the part of the person who percieves another's ill-will.

I hope this has helped.

debbiejo
Well you have to remember that some countries don't get enough sun light in winter months that can lead to some depression, Just as the State of Alaska is high in depression also. Sun is a big factor. But also it's interesting that there are other factors The US is ranked one of the highest users of antidepressants in the world along with some European countries. Maybe that's why the US is so optimistic.......... blink

eggmayo
A hell of a lot of people where I live have this whole
"F*ck it, we're gonna die, lets develop a drink and drugs problem"

It's probably like that across the whole of England. Stupid country, with its burnout mentality.

Alpha Centauri
Passive interest in "celebrity" was gone many, many years ago here in England. What exists now is a pathetic "They're better because they're famous" celebrity worship that is more like sickness than an interest.

Patriotism is at its depressing peak, because if it wasn't bad enough anyway, it's worse when people think David Beckham is a reason to love England, not the history of the actual country.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by debbiejo
Sun is a big factor.

Personally, I am a great believer in this. However, I've been to many sun-baked, tropical countries, and the native people also have drug, alcohol and depression-related problems. Perhaps, it's a case of enjoying everything in moderation, so you can always appreciate...everything. I'm also a firm believer in 'The Being Outside School Of Personal Contentment'. Sometimes the weather dictates the school of play, but whenever you can, get outside! Mountains, open fields, beaches and parks are the best remedy to any mental malady.

Clovie
ermm...

@ Bardock
it is not about homework help.. at least not only....
I thought it is rather interesting subject..at least to me..and I'm totally glad that I got this topic and not soemthing else :s

@ Floo
blink Do you really think I'm THAT stupid?

@ debbie
that's truth yes but there are also other factors that have an impact on it. like econimical structura apparently.

@ eggmaya
so you think they're getting into addiction coz otherwise thir life would be problemless?

@ AC
okaaaaay.... but what does it have to do with the subject? (apparently I'm as stupid as floo assumed sad )

and some nice info:
Suicide rate per 100 000 citizens in differet countries of EU:
Lithuania 44 <<< the biggest in the world
Latvia 27,3
Estonia 26
Hungary 25,4
Słowenia 24,5
Finlandia 19,9
Belgium 19,5
Luxembourg 18,4
Austria 17
France 16,8
Poland 14,7
Czech Rep. 13,7
Denmark 13
Słowakia 12,7
Sweden 12,2
EU 11,7
germany 11,5
Irleand 10,5
Portugal 10,1
Holand 9,1
Malta 7,1
UK 6,8
spain 6,8
italy 6
Grece 3,6

Deano
the whole world in general seem to have lazy minds when it comes to things that matter

GCG
Originally posted by Clovie

and some nice info:
Suicide rate per 100 000 citizens in differet countries of EU:
Lithuania 44 <<< the biggest in the world
Latvia 27,3
Estonia 26
Hungary 25,4
Słowenia 24,5
Finlandia 19,9
Belgium 19,5
Luxembourg 18,4
Austria 17
France 16,8
Poland 14,7
Czech Rep. 13,7
Denmark 13
Słowakia 12,7
Sweden 12,2
EU 11,7
germany 11,5
Irleand 10,5
Portugal 10,1
Holand 9,1
Malta 7,1
UK 6,8
spain 6,8
italy 6
Grece 3,6

You have EU on the list, Cloves. And there you have it; The most southern countries of Europe have the least.

I think the Sunny weather is good for you.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG
You have EU on the list, Cloves. And there you have it; The most southern countries of Europe have the least.

I think the Sunny weather is good for you.

That's probably the average....

GCG
Average would have to be 15.7

Clovie
it's what I think. I didn't make the list on my own..find it on some EU site confused and I know it is not avarager..but maybe they've counted it... differently..dunno confused

and of course it is about sun...but not fully... coz if that was the case Finland should be having much bigger rate than Lithuania confused
and ther wouldn't be such a big different between Belgium and Holland confused

GCG
The top three are former soviet block countries, they are still under developing stage and there is a lot of unemployment. Hopefully the EU will slacken their burdens.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG
Average would have to be 15.7

Did you include the different sizes of the countries?

Clovie
Originally posted by GCG
The top three are former soviet block countries, they are still under developing stage and there is a lot of unemployment. Hopefully the EU will slacken their burdens. I know that... but still IMO it is too high confused

Victor Von Doom
Every person in my country is happy 52% of the time.

I believe it's lower or higher in other lands according to the state of the farming industries.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

I believe it's lower or higher in other lands according to the state of the farming industries.

You stole that theory, I wrote my doctorate on it...

GCG
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did you include the different sizes of the countries?

Its based on suicides per 100,000 pax not arable land per 100,000km for petoffen.

I know that... but still IMO it is too high

I dont know what to tell you. It could be too much daylight hours. I heard they get about 3 hours of darkness each night in summer.

Did you check who is the happiest country in EU ?

Clovie
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

I believe it's lower or higher in other lands according to the state of the farming industries. thank you smile

Originally posted by GCG
Its based on suicides per 100,000 pax not arable land per 100,000km for petoffen.

I dont know what to tell you. It could be too much daylight hours. I heard they get about 3 hours of darkness each night in summer.

Did you check who is the happiest country in EU ? same goes for the whole scandinavia... so it is not only that.

nope..but there was something about Swiss giving themselves 8 (on 1-10) scale about how happy they are...
but I didn't have anything about EU.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG

Haha, you are funny...haha. Still, since germany has 80.000.000 people their rate has to be weighed higher than that of Lithuania.

GCG
Originally posted by Bardock42
Haha, you are funny...haha. Still, since germany has 80.000.000 people their rate has to be weighed higher than that of Lithuania.

*shrugs*

Boh! I dont know. I added the sums of Clovie's list and divided by 24.

*passes the buck*

Ya Krunk'd Floo
@ Floo
blink Do you really think I'm THAT stupid?

Forgive my over-sight, this one is actually true:

Countries that have a high proportion of females owning more than 6 pairs of shoes are generally affected by a high-level of female contentment juxtaposed with the inverse reaction in males. For the model to be unequivocally accurate, the shoe collection needs to be supplemented approximately every 2 months. On the occurance of this circumstance, the previously bought shoes are then suddenly aged 4 months, although this is not represented by a physical deterioration of any sort. Curiously, as the shoes age without any outward appearance change, the males of the country find themselves questioning the nature of existence as they find their reality to be inexplicably altered. This bizarre phenomena occurs until the males die.

DiamondBullets
In Hawai'i, some of the people want to gain independence and reinstate the royal family, and others like being a state.

I personally, think we should remain a state.

The Omega
"people living in USA tend to be more optimistic..and people from Scandinavia depressed."
We are?? (Looks around) Okie dokie, I better go tell my friends and families they are depressed then...

Clovie> Your suicide statistics...
Countries like France and Austria, Denmark, Sweden and Germany etc etc are PART of the EU. So you're numbers don't make sense.

manny321
Well in Canada (around Toronto)

people tend to be depressed during the winter exepct for the Holidays.

It picks up in spring, and in May-Sept its a much more party, festive atmosphere. Then it goes down after hallowen.

debbiejo
Most depressions are from the fall to the spring equinox in most northern countries.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Omega
Countries like France and Austria, Denmark, Sweden and Germany etc etc are PART of the EU. So you're numbers don't make sense.

I still think it's the average....

Clovie
Originally posted by The Omega
that statistics were from some EU site.
and ALL states included there are members of EU blink
and I agree that it is some kind of average.
and cry

Magee
HAHAHAHA.

Ok people kill themselves because they dont get enough sun light. That is just, wow, retarded like. And depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, it does not just come and go like some people suggest so please shut the fuk up.

debbiejo
Not true ....people need sun light just like any other biological enhancement to balance your body...just as water , food....etc...Sunlight is very important and many studies have been done on it....to not know this is ignorance of the subject...........Not enought sun light causes depression.

Magee
That may be the case but it is most certainly not the cause for anyone who has killed them selves, to think other wise is just ignorance on the subject wink

debbiejo
True, but the studies are higher in countries or areas that have less sunlight, depression that is.........though now, like I've said the US and many European countries are the largest consumers of antidepressants....Why I wonder.

Magee
Maybe because the population of the USA and the EU is in the 300+ million.

Soleran
Originally posted by debbiejo
True, but the studies are higher in countries or areas that have less sunlight, depression that is.........though now, like I've said the US and many European countries are the largest consumers of antidepressants....Why I wonder.

Because they are all depressed..................their Doctors told them so.

debbiejo
That must be it...........It's the doctors faults, or probably pharmaceuticals faults, or maybe it's the governments fault cause they take all our money, or maybe we have too many restaurants to choice from and the confusion is too over whelming...................otherwise we'd all be ok.........

Magee
Depression can be caused by many things, to say that sun light is the cause or major cause of depression is just, wrong imo. I do agree it may be a factor to a certain degree but in no way is it the cause of depression.

Storm
Seasonal affective disorder aka winter depression.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.