Backpacking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
Hello KMC (don't think I've posted in the General Discussion section before).

I am turning to you in my search for information and tips about backpacking. I am now a whooping 19 years old, and am soon finished with school, and in my future I am planing on going to the University to study the cosmos or ancient history. However before that time I want to do some traveling, I am just too sick of school to start studying this fall.

However I have one huge problem when it comes to traveling and seeing the world, money. My family is far from wealthy, at moments in the past we may have been considered "poor". So for the last months I have been thinking about how to financiate a possible trip to see the world, before settling at a University. As money is the biggest factor here I have been trying to piece together information about Backpacking. However after searching the web for information I have decided that the best way to get info about this is to actually find someone who has done this, that's why I am turning to the KMC community.

Has any of you ever done some Backpacking? And if so do u have any tips? I am not thinking about backpacking up into the Alps and only visiting empty nature (that is what most of the Backpacking sites google found for me were about), I also wanna backpack through major cities as well as desolate nature areas. I would first off want to see the southern parts of Europe, and the far east has always been an interesting location to me, if possible I would love to even cross the pond and get to the US someday. However as money is the big problem I'll most likely have to dare take drift-jobs here and there, my parents ain't exactly thrilled about that idea in todays world. So if anyone has any tips on how to get by with the least expenses and problems I would really love to hear them.

Cheers
Morridini

GCG
Backpacking in Asia is very cheap.

Eis
I'm going backpacking this year with a bunch of friends around southern China and if we get the funds, Thailand.

soleran30
Well the good news on backpacking is its free! So money shouldn't stop yousmile Learn hot to make a fire buy a ton of rice and one more time money isn't an issuesmile Sleep outside , cook from a fire etc etc enjoy you'll grow on yourselfsmile Its a great experience.

Gregory
Try not to get eaten by wolves if you can possibly avoid it.

GCG
Originally posted by Eis
I'm going backpacking this year with a bunch of friends around southern China and if we get the funds, Thailand.

You're gonna love it. You will wish you never go home.

Eis
Originally posted by GCG
You're gonna love it. You will wish you never go home.
Hahaha, I know.
The first time I went to Thailand I had so much fun... and it was a family vacation.
Either way even if we don't get to go to Thailand we'll have fun in the south... We might go to YangShuo and Xi'An, can't wait.

GCG
Originally posted by Eis
Hahaha, I know.
The first time I went to Thailand I had so much fun... and it was a family vacation.
Either way even if we don't get to go to Thailand we'll have fun in the south... We might go to YangShuo and Xi'An, can't wait.

We wanted to go all-over Asia. We bought two second hand motorcycles from Pattaya, and travelled up North to Ayuthaya, Chang-Mai & Chang Rai. Then we sold the motorcycles When we came down to Surathani. And we set sail for the Islands Samui, Phangan, & Tao.

Amazing. !

jaden101
a friend of mine did oz a couple of years ago...got a work permit and financed a year out by working from place to place...easy to do

Inspectah Deck
Put everything in your pocket no expression

tabby999
if you come to Australia, dont get a life from Ivan Millat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.