Intel D or Athlon X2 processors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sully_2u
Anyone have opions on which dual core processors are better? I have a Athlon 4200 64bit X2 processor with 1 GB of ram, Windows Media Center as an OS and an Nvidia 6100 128Mb graphics card. Just wondering how mine fars with others

Mišt
AMDs are just generally better anyway, if I was gonna get a dual core, I'd get AMD for sure.

Hit_and_Miss
As a general rule it use to be

For work get intel
For Games Get AMD

what do you do with your PC most?

sully_2u
well i use it for a cross between games and work....60% games and 40% work

BackFire
AMD.

Raz
AMD no question.

taft
Just went to newegg and compared the 2 cheapest, and it turns out Intel was alot cheaper and it has .6 more mhz than AMD confused

Raz
MHz doesn't mean anything when comparing Intel with AMD. A 2.2Ghz AMD can easily outperform a 3Ghz Intel chip.

Looking at the PR rating can help, but looking at benchmarks would be better.

Wesker
Originally posted by Raz
MHz doesn't mean anything when comparing Intel with AMD. A 2.2Ghz AMD can easily outperform a 3Ghz Intel chip.

Looking at the PR rating can help, but looking at benchmarks would be better.

Yep. AMD all the way.

Ryder4LyF
yea AMD for both work and play cuz the new dual cores really help in multitasking

sully_2u
Yea i would have to agree because i just got back from a buddy's house and his computer was an Intel D 930 and it was soo much slower. I can't wait until AMD comes out with Multicore processors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.