Sentry with Starbrand Vs. Thanos with IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesse7
Scenario 1 - Both characters at their strongest, no holding back, with full knowledge and understanding of how to use their powers and items (Starbrand and IG).

Scenario 2 - Both characters at their full potential based purely on hype and speculation.

Match set and GO!

soleran30
Sentry takes the IG from Thanos an beats him with it.................Sentry is a crazy man

Jesse7
hmm

soleran30
you made it to hardsmile

Jesse7
hehe ^_^

CaptainStoic
The Infinity Gauntlet is stronger, if you would have put Sentry up against nearly anyone else while in possesion of the Starbrand, I'd say Sentry, but he's up against more than pure power, he would be facing a foe that could zap him out of existance before the fight began, and Thanos would only be using one of the Gems (reality) Sentry also has a soul that can be riped away by that gems power. Thanos could stop time and casually walk up to him and punch him with power enough to be felt in the DC universe... Sentry would be done for.

Thanos with IG 10/10

Jesse7
The starbrand is a power too, it is possible to argue the IG would have no dominion or power over the Starbrand.

Valharu
Sentry is crazy man. I hope these writers go more mental on Sentry and make him THE MAN!

GODSCRIBE
I think the Starbrand is above the IG/Nemesis, however Thanos is far more experienced with near omnipotence than Sentry. He wins easily.

Thanos 10/10

Jesse7
In the first post under Scenario 1 it says

"Scenario 1 - Both characters at their strongest, no holding back, with full knowledge and understanding of how to use their powers and items (Starbrand and IG)."

Both have full understanding of how to use their powers and items (starbrand and IG)

CaptainStoic
The Star brand is not as strong as all of the Gems working together. Even with the Star Brand Sentry wouldn't be able to to beat all of the cosmic entities that Thanos did in the Infinty Wars story line, he would only possess power The Gems are much more than just power. If you really think about it this wouldn't really be a contest.

Jesse7
The starbrand is not just power, it is in a way limitless and undefined it is only bound by the weilders imagination.

CaptainStoic
Thats kind of true, but The infinty Gauntlet can reverse any and all effects that the Starbrand can put out.... The wielder would control space, time, reality, power, and the soul of anyone that contested it. The starbrand is a very powerful weapon, but compared to the Gems it pales in power.

GODSCRIBE
I disagree, the Starbrand was a multiversal threat. Erishkigal tried to claim dominion over the Multiverse with it, but came into conflict with LT.

coming straight from her bio even..

"After obtaining the Starbrand she had virtually limitless power on a cosmic scale. This power was so great that she could challenge the Living Tribunal...the energy released would have devastated the Multiverse"

The Fake Macoy
Since Thanos has used the IG before, and Sentry has no experience with the Starbrand, I say that Thanos wins this one.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
I disagree, the Starbrand was a multiversal threat. Erishkigal tried to claim dominion over the Multiverse with it, but came into conflict with LT.

coming straight from her bio even..

"After obtaining the Starbrand she had virtually limitless power on a cosmic scale. This power was so great that she could challenge the Living Tribunal...the energy released would have devastated the Multiverse"

The StarBrand is NOT as powerful as the IG. The StarBrand in and of itself is NOT a multiversal threat. The reason Erishkigal became a threat to the multiverse is because she travelled to the nexus of realities to employ the power of the StarBrand from there, thats the crux of the matter. Cyclops could travel to the nexus of realities and destroy the multiverse, its a focal point of all reality, a keystone. Take that keystone out of the equation and reality comes tumbling down. If Erishkigal could reality at any time from any place like powers like the IG and up can then you'd have a point.

It wasnt that it was a greater power than any of the others in Marvels multiverse, (In fact in the New Universe the StarBrand is just referred to as the most powerful weapon in the galaxy) its just that as stated both in Quasar #50 where Erishkigal was featured and in many other sources (all you need do is ask wink ) all power in Marvels multiverse is divided up and accounted for

-Galactus Excalibur #61

As the StarBrand was from a reality beyond the main multiverse it was like a foreign body in a closed system, a contamination which needed to be contained otherwise its presence would disrupt the balance.

LT stepped in to handle Erishkigal. Whereas he had doubts over his ability to handle the IG and said a confrontation between him and it would destroy 616, he made it quite clear that he was beyond the StarBrand and even said the abstracts could deal with it:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/5808485528.jpg&s=x402

Dont get caught up on the use of the term "virtually limitless". Its a term applied to any power from skyfather level and upwards. The StarBrand has virtually limitless power but it is NOt more powerful than the abstracts, it can get handled by LT and theres no evidence to place it on the level of the IG.

At the end of Quasar 50 Erishkigal killed herself rather than be humiliated by having the StarBrand taken from her by LT. That says it all.

Thanos with the IG 10/10

CaptainStoic
I couldn't have said it any better than you GS... Kudos! too bad they won't bring The Starbrand over to 616 though. And I love your sig did you do it in Photoshop?

Laminator_X
The StarBrand may even be on par with the Power Gem, but thanos has five more where that came from.

Jesse7
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.