Strong Guy VS Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badabing
A win comes by submission or knock out.

JOE NUNEZ
thing, hes a better fighter.......

CaptainStoic
The Thing, he's just too much for muscle boy.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by badabing
A win comes by submission or knock out.

confused

eek!

laughing

bitca730
Thing takes a vast majority...in Strong Guy's defense, he's pretty intelligent for a charater with a "tank" powerset...

Marvel Boy
can't strong guy just absorb most of the punches, build up his strenght and then knock the thing out.

Brutacus
Yes he could, and issn't he a bouncer and a former bodyguard???

NBT
Thing!

Marvel Boy
yeah he was a bodyguard that intergalactic rock star, the one that can teleport long distances. Whats her face, i can't remember her name i know it starts with an L????

Lucid Lui
Lila Cheney...

And Thing wins. But Strong Guy is cooler.

Brutacus
Strong guy, is nearly blind right?

nimrod009
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Lila Cheney...

And Thing wins. But Strong Guy is cooler.

What makes you say that? What's to stop Strong Guy asorbing Thing's shots? Or is Thing strong enough to overload him or something? I see Thing having some trouble here...

badabing
Strong Guy can absorb a certain amount of energy before it becomes dangerous for him.

nimrod009
According to Wiki, Guido can absorb enough energy to go toe to toe with the Hulk. Thing can of course stand up to the Hulk for a short while too, so this would be a good fight I reckon. I'm not yet swayed either way to make a judgement.

badabing
This is from the Marvel Directory, maybe it can help. I also thought this would be a great battle.

Height: 7 ft.
Weight: 750 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White/blonde
Other distinguishing features: An unusual percentage of body mass is concentrated in Guido's upper half of his body

Strength level: Superhuman Class 50; can range upwards to an unknown limit through absorption of kinetic energy.

Fighting skills: Formidable hand-to-hand combatant, relies on streetfighting techniques Special skills and abilities: Talented musical comedy actor and stand-up comedian.

Known superhuman powers: Aside from the above listed attributes, Strong Guy has the ability to absorb kinetic energy and to use it to enhance his physical strength up to an unknown level.

Special limitations: Strong Guy cannot store the kinetic energy he absorbs for very long and must physically expend it within 90 seconds. Otherwise, the energy will physically distort his body permanently. Strong Guy is in constant physical pain. He is near sighted and wears corrective lenses.

Metalmanx
Honestly, my money is on Strong Guy here. He is actually one of the very few Marvel characters that has been able to move the Blob with his own power. I don't believe that Thing can boast as such.

Besidses, anything that Thing dishes out, Strong Guy absorbs and then releases it back at Thing. Enough of that punishment and Thing will go down.

King_Mungi
Well I have seen Guido KO'ed by Rogue in a straight up fist- fight before.

Lucid Lui
Guido fighting Blob is the highest showing of his i can remember, and unfortunately it's not enough to prove he can beat Thing. But in no way does Thing win easily.

Wonder Man
Strong Guy. The great Thing is that he releases his energy if he wants to by punching so his only danger would be if Thing could build him up then restrain him and he knows that but so does Thing.

Grimm22
Ben throws Strong Guy into a building big grin

Then collapses it on him

diabloman
stong guy jumps out of the building on to thing down there big grin

Grimm22
Originally posted by diabloman
stong guy jumps out of the building on to thing down there big grin

What?!? What the f**k?

That made no sense

Comparing Ben fighting to Hulk is silly.

Hulk is a mindless strong guy, while Ben is a skilled fighter and would realize that his punches were only making Strong Guy tougher.

Ben then resorts to chucking Strong Guy across the state big grin

diabloman
Originally posted by Grimm22
What?!? What the f**k?

That made no sense

Comparing Ben fighting to Hulk is silly.

Hulk is a mindless strong guy, while Ben is a skilled fighter and would realize that his punches were only making Strong Guy tougher.

Ben then resorts to chucking Strong Guy across the state big grin where talking about stong guy here silly. not hulk

Grimm22
Originally posted by diabloman
where talking about stong guy here silly. not hulk

Im aware no expression

Brutacus
strong guy is a pretty good fighter iff I'm not mistaken.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brutacus
strong guy is a pretty good fighter iff I'm not mistaken.

Good, but still not better than Ben. G cool

Brutacus
Well doesn't matter really strong guy can absorb things blows.

JohnnyDo3
if Thing could KO strong guy in one punch then he wins but if not then strong guy would be able to absorb his power then send it back to thing 2x the power I say the winner goes to whoever lands the KO punch first

jrodslam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Honestly, my money is on Strong Guy here. He is actually one of the very few Marvel characters that has been able to move the Blob with his own power. I don't believe that Thing can boast as such.

When did Strong Guy move Blob?

Either way, i agree that he wins against Thing.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brutacus
Well doesn't matter really strong guy can absorb things blows.

All Ben has to do in this case is pick Strong Guy up and throw him across New York wink

jrodslam
All Ben has to do in this case is pick Strong Guy up and throw him across New York wink

Question. Has Ben ever thrown a powerhouse across a city before?

Grimm22
Originally posted by jrodslam

He can, and probobly has, I cant remember every feat that Ben does, and I dont plan to go thorugh my entire comic collection to find out.

jrodslam
He can, and probobly has, I cant remember every feat that Ben does, and I dont plan to go thorugh my entire comic collection to find out.

Ahhh. So that was an assumption is saying that hed throw Guido across the city, considering you dont know if hes actually done it in the past. Got it.big grin

SG wins.

Soljer
Strong guy wins. As much as you say "Ben throws him into a building," Strong Guy could do the exact same to the Thing. Strong Guy 7/10.

diabloman
Im aware no expression your aware then why bring him into the conversation here big grin

Grimm22
Ben is faster, stronger, more skilled, more enduance. no expression

Ben beats Strong Guys head into the ground wink

Lucid Lui
Y'know, i re-read the Strong Guy/Blob fight recently, and it takes a shitload more than i remember to overload Strong Guy. I'm not so sure Ben wins now...

Rols
Id bet Ben wins 9/10. Absorving a punch from Ben would greatly put Guido in a lot of pain + his inability to see clearly would def. be a very big disadvantage.

jrodslam
^
Has there ever been a limit shown to how much Guido can absorb? Cant assume a punch from Thing would put Strong Guy in alot of pain. Even if it does, it may not hinder his performance at all. Plus he wears the goggles cause hes near sighted. Unless Thing recently got an upgrade to where he fights from a distance via projectile, Strong Guy isnt at a disadvantage at all.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5848/strongguyfight6cg.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/880/strongguyfight28pl.th.jpg

Rols
He has a limit but it is not known, His body finaly gave out and was put in a coma. lets put it this way Thing punch him, SG in pain he absorved the impact which put a strain in his body (pain again), so every punch the Thing hits him with he receive 2X damage and if SG google gets damage during the strugle will there goes his eysight. Thing is a lot moe durable than SG. Really puts him in a big disadvantage.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Rols
He has a limit but it is not known, His body finaly gave out and was put in a coma. lets put it this way Thing punch him, SG in pain he absorved the impact which put a strain in his body (pain again), so every punch the Thing hits him with he receive 2X damage and if SG google gets damage during the strugle will there goes his eysight. Thing is a lot moe durable than SG. Really puts him in a big disadvantage.

Because Guido has a limit thats unknown, its not quite accurate to say a hit from Thing would put him down. When was SG put into a coma? It wasnt due to an attack so much. It was the heart attack that put him into the coma due to him releasing all the kinetic energy. His heart couldnt take it, but thats changed. Now with Forge's device, that wouldnt happen again. When SG gets punched, hes not feeling the hits. He absorbs the kinetic energy. If Thing were to hit him it may move him, but SG shouldnt feel the pain of the punch. Thus Guido isnt feeling 2x the damage. If Thing hits him in the goggles and they break, it would hinder Guidos eyesight. Strong Guy is near-sighted. Meaning he cant see from distances. Thing isnt fighting from a distance here, so that wouldnt matter much. No disadvantage at all.

DarkCrawler
Thing snaps his neck. Thing wins.

Rols
He well still fell 2x the damage, the energy that is absorved is stored in the muscle which would strain it. It would take more than a few hits for this to work. I dont know if the Thing could overload SG kinetic absortion but i dont think it would come to that because of the damage his body would be taking. His powers is like a double edge sword handled improperly would be dangerous to the user.

jrodslam
He well still fell 2x the damage, the energy that is absorved is stored in the muscle which would strain it. It would take more than a few hits for this to work. I dont know if the Thing could overload SG kinetic absortion but i dont think it would come to that because of the damage his body would be taking. His powers is like a double edge sword handled improperly would be dangerous to the user.

How is he feeling 2x the damage? When he gets hit, he doesnt feel the pain. The then releases all the energy back at the giver. IF there is strain during the maintaining of kinetic energy he absorbs, it wouldnt be for long cause hed be giving it right back at Ben. SG has took plenty of damage in the past and not been overloaded. Thing doesnt have some uncanny level of strength like other powerhouses. Plus with all the strength Thing is using on Guido, its thrown back at him and then some. I think Thing would feel the effects more than Strong Guy.

Rols
He actually feels the impact of the blow he absorves it which would strain his body, this is why im saying 2x damage but when he releases its a lot more powerfull.

jrodslam
Hed feel the impact as in being maoved by a punch maybe, but not the pain itself. Thus it wouldnt be 2x the damage. Its said that Strong Guy is always in pain. However he doesnt feel pain from others punches/hits.

Grimm22
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Thing snaps his neck. Thing wins.

Well thats one way big grin

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Thing snaps his neck. Thing wins. I used that argument in the Sebastian Shaw/Colossus thread.

Anyways I say Thing wins 7/10.

Grimm22
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I used that argument in the Sebastian Shaw/Colossus thread.

Anyways I say Thing wins 7/10.

Colossus should own Sebastian wink

snoopdogg
Colossus should own Sebastian wink Oh he will next week.

Grimm22
Oh he will next week.

Astonishing comes out next week! eek!

I didnt know that

Rols
I seemed to remember him being injured after Hulk or Jug. slug him with a punch. If he did not feel the blow and just absorved the kinetic produce by the impact he would not be injured at all, this is why i thought that even dough he could absorved the energy he can still feel the impact.

jrodslam
I seemed to remember him being injured after Hulk or Jug. slug him with a punch. If he did not feel the blow and just absorved the kinetic produce by the impact he would not be injured at all, this is why i thought that even dough he could absorved the energy he can still feel the impact.

Kinda strange. The Washington Monument once fell on him and he walked out with no troubles at all. He may feel the impact like i said, but hes not suppose to feel the pain. He could have been injured but not be in pain.

Rols
So Impact and strain from absorving kinetic equals two damage in one hit. I still say he still feels the pain dough. All in All it would be a brutal fight.

jrodslam
So Impact and strain from absorving kinetic equals two damage in one hit. I still say he still feels the pain dough. All in All it would be a brutal fight.

But wheres the strain from absorbing the hit? Guido felt strain in his heart and thats what caused his coma. Now he has a device that delivers kinetic energy to the heart so that it doesnt go through strain either. If hes holding the energy of over a minute and a half, then hed feel the strain and need to let it out, but that wouldnt be the case here cause hed be letting it all out on Thing. I do agree that the fight would be brutal and good.

Rols
Yeah, you got me there but i had it in my mind that Thing would be all overhim giving no chance to counter, the more hit the bigger the strain.
Well never know tell the writers decide to put this 2 on the Octagon (UFC style).

Lucid Lui
Oh he will next week. I dunno. Judging by Shaw's expression after he was hit, i think Colossus is in for one hell of a fight.

Do you know what issue it was last time they fought? I seem to remember Shaw taking Colossus' hits to no effect.

nwg202
im with lucid here snoop. You are the man when it comes to colossus, but im not sure colossus is beating shaw. I sure hope he does, but he seems to be fighting pretty dumb in the scans.( i pray im wrong) if it was written intelligently colossus should just choke him or drown him rather them punch him up. As to this thread, thing wins....does strong guy have a higher base strength level than shaw?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I dunno. Judging by Shaw's expression after he was hit, i think Colossus is in for one hell of a fight.

Do you know what issue it was last time they fought? I seem to remember Shaw taking Colossus' hits to no effect. They fought in Uncanny #131 or in that area. Shaw took Colossus' blows easily.

Recently he gave Shaw a bloody nose from just one blow. Colossus is alot more skilled and stronger since the last battle.

Wonder Man
Guido.
And for all the Thing fans that like to point to the Champion fight. My bologny has a first name and it aint Ben

Grimm22
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Guido.
And for all the Thing fans that like to point to the Champion fight. My bologny has a first name and it aint Ben

That makes no sense what you just said no expression

Grimm22
Bump

Grimm22
Ben fighting a guy with similar powers to Strong Guy

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/armandovalles/Scans/BenoverloadingAbsorber1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/armandovalles/Scans/BenoverloadingAbsorber2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/armandovalles/Scans/BenoverloadingAbsorber3.jpg

Metalmanx
Strong Guy.

badabing
Thing

Grimm22
Wolverine

King_Mungi
I gotta go with Thing, just seeing how Rogue easily ko'ed Strong Guy is what tips the scales for me.

Metalmanx
Wolverine

Good point. I change my answer to Squid Boy.

Dinalfos
Thing wins.

Tony Stark

cool

Ben has thrown a galactic spaceship back into space from earth before I'm pretty sure that he can throw a 300lb guy across the state.

wink

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool

Ben has thrown a galactic spaceship back into space from earth before I'm pretty sure that he can throw a 300lb guy across the state.

wink

Was that spiky Thing or regular? regardless Thing should win this bout

Grimm22
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Was that spiky Thing or regular? regardless Thing should win this bout

Spikey Thing wasnt 100 tons no

Current Thing is yes

Dinalfos
What? Spikey thing was MUCH stronger than classic Thing, who was (almost) class 100 himself. So Spikey Thing is easily class 100.

Grimm22
Classic Thing was 85 tons no expression

Spikey Thing was about 90-95 tons.

Dinalfos
Classic Thing was 85 tons no expression

Spikey Thing was about 90-95 tons.

Hell no. Spikey thing was closer to 200 tons, meaning class 100.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Hell no. Spikey thing was closer to 200 tons, meaning class 100.

Dude no expression

If Spikey Thing was more than 100 tons, he would have KO'ed Grey Hulk in one punch

Dinalfos
Dude no expression

If Spikey Thing was more than 100 tons, he would have KO'ed Grey Hulk in one punch

No, he wouldn't. if he was anything less than 100 tons, Grey Hulk would've creamed him after receiving the first punch. His strength can still reach thousands of tons, remember?

King_Mungi
Spikey Thing wasnt 100 tons no

Current Thing is yes

So thanks for avoiding the question. Was it spiky or regular? I never asked who was stronger.

Grimm22
Originally posted by King_Mungi
So thanks for avoiding the question. Was it spiky or regular? I never asked who was stronger.

I dont know confused

It was probobly regular Thing because Spikey Thing was only around for about 10 issues

snoopdogg
Good fight.

BUSTER1
Thing-W.A.D.

jrodslam
Strong Guy.

Space M ummy
Thing wins this easily. A win can come via submission OR KO here- Given that thing is by FAR the more experienced fighter, Strong guy could be easily taken out by MMA style submission or choke holds-

they're not "strikes" per se, but guido wouldn't be able to absorb the energy i.e. a strike, and even if he could, holding him immobile for 90 seconds (which would be VERY, VERY easy) while applying several tons of pressure on his joints or arteries would disfigure him permanently since he would have no ability to release it.

guido's powerset is actually a liability in this case, moreso than if he had simple superstrength.

The opposite argument wouldn't really work for thing, since his durability is a lot higher, and he doesn't have the 90 second limitation to expend any kinetic energy used on him.

Bentley
The Thing for the win.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Space M ummy

guido's powerset is actually a liability in this case, moreso than if he had simple superstrength.

Do you think Thing can beat Sebastian Shaw?

BUSTER1

Shaw's power works differently-he doesn't have to release excess kinetic energy like Guido does.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Shaw's power works differently-he doesn't have to release excess kinetic energy like Guido does. True. Shaw can also absorb energy from getting hit and hitting people. Guido can only absorb energy when he is hit iirc.

Space M ummy

someone beat me to it, but yeah. Shaw and Strong guy's powers don't work the same.

Shaw can just absorb until he hits his limit, tires out, or manages to break the hold, whichever comes first.

Guido has 90 seconds to tap out before he's painfully mutilated and disfigured for life.

jrodslam
Thing wins this easily. A win can come via submission OR KO here- Given that thing is by FAR the more experienced fighter, Strong guy could be easily taken out by MMA style submission or choke holds-

they're not "strikes" per se, but guido wouldn't be able to absorb the energy i.e. a strike, and even if he could, holding him immobile for 90 seconds (which would be VERY, VERY easy) while applying several tons of pressure on his joints or arteries would disfigure him permanently since he would have no ability to release it.

The opposite argument wouldn't really work for thing, since his durability is a lot higher, and he doesn't have the 90 second limitation to expend any kinetic energy used on him.

Strong guy is an experienced fighter. Its not like Thing is going to dance circles around SG. Things a brawler and we all know this. Strong Guy was dancing around Hulk and only was hit because he allowed it. Thing cant overload SG, so him hitting Guido only helps SG out.

Id bet Thing couldnt hold Guido for 90 sec's. Thing holding Guido would only be making him stronger. Wouldnt be the greatest idea for thing.

Guido still wins.

Space M ummy
Strong guy is an experienced fighter. Its not like Thing is going to dance circles around SG. Things a brawler and we all know this. Strong Guy was dancing around Hulk and only was hit because he allowed it. Thing cant overload SG, so him hitting Guido only helps SG out.

Id bet Thing couldnt hold Guido for 90 sec's. Thing holding Guido would only be making him stronger. Wouldnt be the greatest idea for thing.

Guido still wins.

Thing has been fighting for a LONG time- the FF were one of the original superhuman teams in the marvel universe, so Thing has more experience fighting superhumans than nearly anyone. On TOP of that, Ben grimm was an accomplished boxer (not just a brawler!) BEFORE he became the thing. In marvel time, it's been about a decade since Ben Grimm became the Thing, and Ben Grimm was fighting long before his transformation. Strong Guy hasn't been in combat anywhere near that long.

It would be extremely silly to assume that in his career the thing has somehow avoided knowledge of basic choke and submission holds.

The Hulk is not a technically accomplished fighter, by comparison. For the most part, he IS just a simple brawler. (or was, prior to WWH i suppose.)

did you notice the method I said would be effective vs. Strong guy that thing could use? It's VERY EASY to put a combatant in a joint lock or choke hold that takes longer than 90 seconds to get out of. Your average POLICE OFFICER knows how to use these, since they can subdue suspects and inmates without striking them and risking killing them or giving them a concussion.

Since the OP stated that a submission OR a KO would work here, a simple joint lock/choke hold would do one of two things:

1.) if we assume Strong guy's absorbing power does NOT work versus holds (as opposed to strikes and punches), The thing can either apply pressure to cut off blood flow to the brain (a sleeper hold, essentially) which would be a KO, or apply a joint lock which in addition to being extremely painful, puts strong guy in a situation where he would either need to submit (thus losing by OP rules) or break his own arm to get out of it.

2.) If we assume Strong guy's power DOES work versus holds then he's in even WORSE shape, since he'd be absorbing kinetic energy the entire time the hold is in place, with no opportunity to release it, since most of these holds (joint locks, sleepers, etc) keep the subject immobile while they're applied. Strong guy would have 90 seconds to figure a way out of a hold/lock before being permanently disfigured and unable to fight.

If you've ever watched an MMA fight, 90 seconds is not much time at all to get out of these types of holds. Even trained fighters can take several minutes to find a technique to counter. It's not just about pure strength either but skill and technique, and Guido is at a significant disadvantage in both categories.

These arguments don't really work when arguing for Strong Guy versus Thing, since Thing's rocky hide will prevent any type of pressure attacks (sleeper holds versus thing should be virtually impossible) and he's by default significantly stronger than strong guy is, so getting him into a hold will be that much harder for Guido to pull off, especially given that ben grimm is technically the better and more experienced fighter by FAR.

If you assume the two are going to sit there and slug each other until one falls over this fight's a big question mark, but if we take Ben Grimm's SERIOUS advantage in fighting skill, it no longer is. If I could figure it out with less than two years of training, So could the thing.

snoopdogg
Do you think Thing can win a slugfest?

psycho gundam
thing for the win.

thing's a pretty good boxer and i bet he could get a good combo going on guido's chin since he's top heavy. and thing's durability and heart makes up for whatever additional kinetic energy guido gets in the fight.

Stoic
Do you think Thing can win a slugfest?

I don't think he could, I think that if they fought slugfest style Guido would ko the Thing. I had a change of heart when I found out the Guido no longer suffers from heart failure when he takes too much punishment.

snoopdogg
Strong Guy couldn't handle a kick to the junk recently. I'd thought he'd be able to absorb the impact from that but I guess not.

jrodslam
Thing has been fighting for a LONG time- the FF were one of the original superhuman teams in the marvel universe, so Thing has more experience fighting superhumans than nearly anyone. On TOP of that, Ben grimm was an accomplished boxer (not just a brawler!) BEFORE he became the thing. In marvel time, it's been about a decade since Ben Grimm became the Thing, and Ben Grimm was fighting long before his transformation. Strong Guy hasn't been in combat anywhere near that long.

Yea Thing has been fighting for a long time, and yes the FF were one of the original teams, HOWEVER Things fighting experience vs superhumans include slugging. especially vs powerhouses. Guido is an accomplished fighter as well. His h2h skills are above average. Things skill you mention doesnt stop him from getting a beating in a slugfest.

It would be extremely silly to assume that in his career the thing has somehow avoided knowledge of basic choke and submission holds.

Regardless of that, how common is it for him do do that vs another powerhouse? Highly unlikely.

The Hulk is not a technically accomplished fighter, by comparison. For the most part, he IS just a simple brawler. (or was, prior to WWH i suppose.)

So as an accomplished fighter such as Thing, he should be out fighting Hulk more. Fact is, he doesnt.

did you notice the method I said would be effective vs. Strong guy that thing could use? It's VERY EASY to put a combatant in a joint lock or choke hold that takes longer than 90 seconds to get out of. Your average POLICE OFFICER knows how to use these, since they can subdue suspects and inmates without striking them and risking killing them or giving them a concussion.

How often does Thing do this against another powerhouse? Its rare, and to say he beats SG this way is absurd.

Since the OP stated that a submission OR a KO would work here, a simple joint lock/choke hold would do one of two things:

1.) if we assume Strong guy's absorbing power does NOT work versus holds (as opposed to strikes and punches), The thing can either apply pressure to cut off blood flow to the brain (a sleeper hold, essentially) which would be a KO, or apply a joint lock which in addition to being extremely painful, puts strong guy in a situation where he would either need to submit (thus losing by OP rules) or break his own arm to get out of it.

Whats to say Thing wont get put into a choke hold? Thing needs to breathe just as much as anyone else. Thing isnt known as a submission type fighter. Not saying that he cant do these thing, but it isnt something thats used frequently when he fights powerhouses.

2.) If we assume Strong guy's power DOES work versus holds then he's in even WORSE shape, since he'd be absorbing kinetic energy the entire time the hold is in place, with no opportunity to release it, since most of these holds (joint locks, sleepers, etc) keep the subject immobile while they're applied. Strong guy would have 90 seconds to figure a way out of a hold/lock before being permanently disfigured and unable to fight.

Ummm, if and when it works, Not only will Stron Guys strength increase(beyond Things strength lvl at that), but his mass will increase as well. Thing would have no way to hold or and SG would ahve the power to break out.

If you've ever watched an MMA fight, 90 seconds is not much time at all to get out of these types of holds. Even trained fighters can take several minutes to find a technique to counter. It's not just about pure strength either but skill and technique, and Guido is at a significant disadvantage in both categories.

These arguments don't really work when arguing for Strong Guy versus Thing, since Thing's rocky hide will prevent any type of pressure attacks (sleeper holds versus thing should be virtually impossible) and he's by default significantly stronger than strong guy is, so getting him into a hold will be that much harder for Guido to pull off, especially given that ben grimm is technically the better and more experienced fighter by FAR.

Real life MMA fights is one thing, but when it comes to comic fights, holds dont last as long.erm You say Guido is at a significant disadvantage in both skill and technique yet in his last confrontation with Hulk, he was the one using the skill and avoiding Hulks punches, while Thing decided to slug it out.

Things hide does NOT protect from pressure attacks. True at the start, Thing is stronger tha Guido, but if you assume his fist move is going to be a grapple, id suggest you rethink that.

If you assume the two are going to sit there and slug each other until one falls over this fight's a big question mark, but if we take Ben Grimm's SERIOUS advantage in fighting skill, it no longer is. If I could figure it out with less than two years of training, So could the thing.

If you assume this fight would be nothing more than a slugfest, youre seriously mistaken. Because they are going to slug it out, its no question mark on the outcome at all. SG wins.

jrodslam
Strong Guy couldn't handle a kick to the junk recently. I'd thought he'd be able to absorb the impact from that but I guess not.

True, but thats a kick to the nuts. Nuff said.

Stoic
I wonder how Ben would handle a kick to the boys, probably about as well as Guido.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Stoic
I wonder how Ben would handle a kick to the boys, probably about as well as Guido. Does Ben even have any junk?

Badabing
Does Ben even have any junk? Aww dude...that's just mean to Ben. sad

I'm guessing he has stones. stick out tongue

cloud102
Strong Guy ftw.

occultdestroyer
Nice match-up.

Strong Guy wins.

snoopdogg
Edge to Guido.

jrodslam
Weeellll, its bumpity bump time. Its been about 2 months since the last x-factor book, and the new story arc is them coming back to the city(ny) to investigate Invisible Womans whereabouts. They are hired by the Richards kids, and i said this months ago that its a perfect setup for a misunderstanding and a fight between Guido and Ben.

Anyhoo, they did tussle with Ben being the initiator. Fight was way to short. Shatterstar jumped in, but im a bit upset that the whole thing was suppose to be a distraction. Ben did seem to have the upperhand when Shatt came in. Ill post scans when i can, but if someone else can, thatll be cool.

Overall, im still siding with Guido. Sorry for the long post.

snoopdogg
Weeellll, its bumpity bump time. Its been about 2 months since the last x-factor book, and the new story arc is them coming back to the city(ny) to investigate Invisible Womans whereabouts. They are hired by the Richards kids, and i said this months ago that its a perfect setup for a misunderstanding and a fight between Guido and Ben.

Anyhoo, they did tussle with Ben being the initiator. Fight was way to short. Shatterstar jumped in, but im a bit upset that the whole thing was suppose to be a distraction. Ben did seem to have the upperhand when Shatt came in. Ill post scans when i can, but if someone else can, thatll be cool.

Overall, im still siding with Guido. Sorry for the long post. Post them f*ckers!

Knowsbleed33
Yeah, when and where did Guido and Thing throw down?

snoopdogg
Yea, jrod. Give us atleast some fight details.

jrodslam
Lol, my bad fellas. I wasnt home. Scanning now. I havent used my own scanner in ages, lol. Gimme a few minutes.

*EDIT* They threw down in X-Factor #200 that just came out today.

Badabing
Lol, my bad fellas. I wasnt home. Scanning now. I havent used my own scanner in ages, lol. Gimme a few minutes.

*EDIT* They threw down in X-Factor #200 that just came out today. Hurry up! sneer

stick out tongue

jrodslam
Here goes.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4967/guidovsthing001.th.jpghttp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8527/guidovsthing006.th.jpghttp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7607/guidovsthing002.th.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3979/guidovsthing003.th.jpghttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8353/guidovsthing004.th.jpghttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8729/guidovsthing005.th.jpg

And thats when Shatterstar came in.sad

psycho gundam
shatterstar made the thing look really bad after that, it will be in the ownage thread for sure.

Knowsbleed33
Decent exchange with Thing looking slightly better.

jrodslam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
shatterstar made the thing look really bad after that, it will be in the ownage thread for sure.

No doubts about that. I was like wtf!?

snoopdogg
If the fight had gone on Thing would have won. Kinda sad Ben had to start using weapons though.

Badabing
About time Ben got a win...sorta.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Badabing
About time Ben got a win...sorta. It would have been a win imo. That barbell seemed to have hurt him a tad.

jrodslam
If the fight had gone on Thing would have won. Kinda sad Ben had to start using weapons though.

What im not sure about is, was Guido that much out of it whereas he wouldve been done had Thing hit him that last time? Was Guido stalling as Jamie mentioned the fight being a distraction? I just find it hard to believe that Guido was seemingly down from having a barbell w/weights thrown at him.
Youre right though snoop. Thing using weapons was a bit odd, but Guido did stop a running Things punch which clearly surprised Thing.

snoopdogg
What im not sure about is, was Guido that much out of it whereas he wouldve been done had Thing hit him that last time? Was Guido stalling as Jamie mentioned the fight being a distraction? I just find it hard to believe that Guido was seemingly down from having a barbell w/weights thrown at him.
Youre right though snoop. Thing using weapons was a bit odd, but Guido did stop a running Things punch which clearly surprised Thing. Honestly, I think Guido was hurt from the barbell. Check out his text bubbles after Shatterstar stepped in. It's kinda wavy and that usually indicates dizziness I think.

Knowsbleed33
Guido was tossing Ben around pretty good, but at the same time Ben didn't seem all that affected.

jrodslam
Honestly, I think Guido was hurt from the barbell. Check out his text bubbles after Shatterstar stepped in. It's kinda wavy and that usually indicates dizziness I think.

Yea, but before that, Guidos text bubble wasnt wavy. Also, Ben had a wavy text bubble, but all Guido did was stop his hand and grab him.

psycho gundam
not digging strong guy's glasses at all.

but seriously, shatterstar owned the thing with ease

snoopdogg
Yea, but before that, Guidos text bubble wasnt wavy. Also, Ben had a wavy text bubble, but all Guido did was stop his hand and grab him. Actually I think Guido was choking Ben.

jrodslam
Actually I think Guido was choking Ben.

Hmm, could be. Usually chokes give the "hak", "ack" or "cough". Ehh.

snoopdogg
Hmm, could be. Usually chokes give the "hak", "ack" or "cough". Ehh. Not always though. He does have his hand on his throat. It' rather embarassing for Ben imo. Good showing for Guido.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.