THANOS vs. LOBO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
To the death one on one, who wins...........

Mider
you know what? Now that i think of it i wonder how Thanos would do in Lobo's place in the missions he's gotta go on.

Thanos mehphesto halloween special
Thanos contact on TOAA
Thanos genocide for fun and love

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
To the death one on one, who wins........... To the death? Thanos....

the Darkone
Thanos frags his ass.

Mider
yeah i know thanos beats everyone rolls eyes

King_Mungi
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't both of them not like...I don;t know....die

Darth Kal-El
Exactly. Well Lobo's healing factor makes him nearly impossible to die. He CAN die, but he can heal quicker than Hulk.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Exactly. Well Lobo's healing factor makes him nearly impossible to die. He CAN die, but he can heal quicker than Hulk. lobo can't die he was kicked out of heaven or hell.

Darth Kal-El
thats another thing. Heaven won't claim him because he's too evil to be with the angels and hes not good. Hell wont take him because they are afraid that he might overthrow the devil. But on the other hand, Death made Thanos immortal.

Darth Kal-El
This is an awesome battle i would love to see.

Mider
they should let loose thanons in heaven and we could see what happens

grey fox
Originally posted by Mider
they should let loose thanons in heaven and we could see what happens

He'd kill god . No seriously , HE WOULD KILL GOD. He'd make what saint of killers did look like a crap job .....

Mider
and your proof is where?

Sixth_Winged
Thanos is not immortal. He has been forgiven by death and it was shown with his conversation with her against the rot.

But on Lobo being immortal too, does being banned by hell and heaven makes your body invincible and impervious to harm or made you appear out of nowhere if your body is destroyed? Did anyone ever considered he might just have been banned on the afterlife instead given a full blown immortallity? The issues' canonicity is also questionable and he can be incapacitated by geing disintegrated(No blood, no regen) or BFRed or KOe'd or turned to stone ala Slobo.

dvampire
Lobo wins IMO. He's just as durable and strong, but his clonning and healing abilities gives him the edge.

CaptainStoic
Thanos will not kill God. In a fight this will be extremely close as neither can die, but Thanos has a bigger arsenal of powers than Lobo does.

I think if they were to be ranked on a scale of 1-50, (1 being Daredevil, Punisher Level, and 50 being Living Tribunal, Specter Level. Beyond this level is where God would sit, and there is no scale for him) Thanos would rank at about 17 whereas Lobo would be slighty less say about 15-16.

I see Thanos narrowly defeating him, simply because of his mind, and the fact that he can manipulate mystical forces, as well as psionic ones. Thanos also has the ability to increase his personal power level, Lobo can't.

Sixth_Winged
i think i know why Lobo lost to Wolverine before...and it's not that he was paid to...stick out tongue

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thanos2_2.jpg

yeah i know....crossovers ain't counted. kidding of course, this is just for cool factor evil face

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
i think i know why Lobo lost to Wolverine before...and it's not that he was paid to...stick out tongue

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/thanos2_2.jpg

yeah i know....crossovers ain't counted. kidding of course, this is just for cool factor evil face

I always attrbuted Lobo's "loss" to Wolvy as simply being drunk and passing out on his own once he hit the floor.

They never really explained it. Wolvie just sort of stood up, no blood on his claws or anything.

CaptainStoic
That was drawn by Claudio Castelini, I loved his work on that one shot he did with the Silver Surfer, and he makes a pretty mean looking Lobo, it's too bad that DC won't put a serious writer on the Lobo title... maybe then they'd get a really good artist to handle the book. Wolverine would never take him in a million years. They would however make a good team up story line.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I always attrbuted Lobo's "loss" to Wolvy as simply being drunk and passing out on his own once he hit the floor.

They never really explained it. Wolvie just sort of stood up, no blood on his claws or anything.

I think they did, it was reasoned for him getting payed to lose but i'm unsure whether it was within the crossover or it was on a different comic after it(and it was also very out of character for Lobo to do that)

But other than that, it's mainly because of it being fan voted and ellis hating his guts. Superman or superman lite people shouldn't ever lose to 5'3 street levellers with special skeleton and claws no matter how drunk.

Wally West
Most of the fights in that crossover sucked.

And Thanos finds a way to win this one, hes to smart to lose to Lobo, although it would probably take a very long time.

dvampire
Originally posted by Wally West
Most of the fights in that crossover sucked.

And Thanos finds a way to win this one, hes to smart to lose to Lobo, although it would probably take a very long time.

How is Thanos smarts going to help him in a head up fight against Lobo? It's not like Thanos is given prep time during this fight and Lobo uses his head at times, I mean he isn't a bounty hunter for nothing.

Mider
lobo is also smart he just doesnt show it he invented an insect that spread a leathal virus through out his home world killing every one in five days he said it was like having barb wire running through your veins for the people who had it.........sick.

What comic is that were thanos and him are fighting?

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I think they did, it was reasoned for him getting payed to lose but i'm unsure whether it was within the crossover or it was on a different comic after it(and it was also very out of character for Lobo to do that)

But other than that, it's mainly because of it being fan voted and ellis hating his guts. Superman or superman lite people shouldn't ever lose to 5'3 street levellers with special skeleton and claws no matter how drunk.

For once we agree on something. Wolverine routinely gets far too much credit just because he is "popular" and "relatable". Fact is characters of Lobo's power level can strike wovlvering with enough force to completely destroy all living matter, leaving just a fancy metal skeleton and a scattered piles of hot, puke-like jelly.

Having said that, Thanos would utterly destroy Lobo. Its an absurd comparison.

Mider
lol why would thanos utterly destroy lobo whats so special about thanos that he'd beat lobo, lobo beats up gods and angels and has killed nigh omnipatents.

GODSCRIBE
Thanos beats Lobo. If Lobo can stand up to the might of Tyrant then he may have a slight chance of pulling 1 victory.

Mider
you dont think thanos standing up to tyrant was PIS i sure as hell do i mean yeah thanos is strong but tyrant is just a notch under galactus and galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>thanos

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Mider
you dont think thanos standing up to tyrant was PIS i sure as hell do i mean yeah thanos is strong but tyrant is just a notch under galactus and galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>thanos

Not really..After all, Thanos has made Galactus take a seat.

juggernaut66666
lobo vs thanos? laughing laughing laughing laughing of course Thanos 10/10

JohnR
I can't see Thanos losing even one fight to Lobo. This is the same Lobo who was shown up by Captain Marvel and Superman? And the same Thanos who barely notices the Silver Surfer?

Juntai
Originally posted by JohnR
I can't see Thanos losing even one fight to Lobo. This is the same Lobo who was shown up by Captain Marvel and Superman? And the same Thanos who barely notices the Silver Surfer? Lobo is a fickle character, one minute he's fighting the JLA/JSA/Titans and the next Superman is taking him solo in another, he's taking on pantheon gods and wiping them. In another, he has a little trouble with a typical high end brute guy swinging his giant testicles at him.
If you consider Lobo's better feats, he's easily skyfather.

spideycarnage
thanos wins.. hes stonger smarter. he'll have to KO him tho.

tdawg14
Thanos wins. Lobo is not in his class.

King KAM
Originally posted by tdawg14
Thanos wins. Lobo is not in his class. genius.....simply genius....

tdawg14
It may not be the greatest explanation but it is true.

manjaro
once agian ppl always equate winning with killing. neither can kill each other as neither can die... thanos wins...and not becuz of the dick riding factor that every seems to be so fond of, but he wins becuz even before and after lobo got banned from heaven and hell ive seen him get dismembred even disintergrated by regular laser cannons and the like....he even got smshed into atoms once and just came back to kick ass of the person who did it... so thanos wins by far... a battle like this would just be entertaining at the most

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.