Guns n' Roses 2006 tour; rumours and facts discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pandemoniac
After a 2 decade absence, with only Axl's petty-full struggle to put together a new Guns n' Roses, an attempt to do a tour in 2001 and not to mention his yet unfinished quest to bring out the album 'Chinese Democracy'... all out of the blue comes the news that Guns goes on a worldwide tour this year!

I'm a big GnR fan, but I do mean Guns n' F*cking Roses, and not Axl teaming up with some unemployed musicians who have nothing to do with what GnR once was (like that wanker Buckethead). So this news didn't really get me hopping. But mildly interested, I did a search on it anyway and found rumours that some original band-members returned, as in Slash, Duff and Dizzy. This mostly on wikipedia, and I don't know how reliable their info really is.
It would be very hard to believe, with the lawsuits and accusations between Axl and his former band-members and Velvet Revolver releasing their 2nd album while being criticised by (jealous) hothead Axl.

To make a lot of blabla short, I was just wondering what you people know about the current situation on Guns n' Roses, or what you expect of this new tour attempt.

2-D
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
After a 2 decade absence, with only Axl's petty-full struggle to put together a new Guns n' Roses, an attempt to do a tour in 2001 and not to mention his yet unfinished quest to bring out the album 'Chinese Democracy'... all out of the blue comes the news that Guns goes on a worldwide tour this year!

I'm a big GnR fan, but I do mean Guns n' F*cking Roses, and not Axl teaming up with some unemployed musicians who have nothing to do with what GnR once was (like that wanker Buckethead). So this news didn't really get me hopping. But mildly interested, I did a search on it anyway and found rumours that some original band-members returned, as in Slash, Duff and Dizzy. This mostly on wikipedia, and I don't know how reliable their info really is.
It would be very hard to believe, with the lawsuits and accusations between Axl and his former band-members and Velvet Revolver releasing their 2nd album while being criticised by (jealous) hothead Axl.

To make a lot of blabla short, I was just wondering what you people know about the current situation on Guns n' Roses, or what you expect of this new tour attempt.

I'm in england for a short period and i'm going to see GNR (or should that be "Axl and band) at the download festivial! I think that this make be the dawning of a new era for Guns N Roses and i'm looking 4ward Loads to chinese democracy! I'm gonna be write at the front and if its shit i can go on stage n' give axl a kickin' or summink!

Bierbommetje
Ive also heard people talking about old members returning, which would really surprise me to say the least. Have to say im looking more forward to Velvet Revolvers follow-up then Chinese Democracy.

mysterio69
without slash, duff, izzy (or to a lesser extent, gilby) dizzy or matt...there isn't a guns n' roses. axl is a tool if he thinks so. the dork with the kfc bucket is nothing compared to slash.

Pandemoniac
I totally agree. It's only because Axl has the right to the name 'Guns n' Roses', allowing him to toss in any fool in the band and still can call it GnR.
Without a majority of the original members in the band, what ever composition made is not worthy the name, and will not persuade me into buying tickets.
But there is this 'what if, what if!' haunting me, as I read the rumours.
Then again, none of the official sites give anything away so far on who is in the band currently, while ticket-sales have already started.
If the likes of Slash, Duff and Dizzy would have re-joined GnR, it would have been widely published for the sake of selling tickets, not to mention THE comeback of the last 2 centuries.
It will be A) a dream come true as GnR reunites in a somewhat original form, or B) Axl messing it all up with a crew of crapheads (as Velvet Revolver already employed a respectable bunch of better rock-musicians, leaving Axl with scraps).
Never the less, my search for facts is on.

Alpha Centauri
I read a review of Chinese Democracy and the dude said it was awesome, but he said it's going to be critically panned beyond all belief just because of how long it's taken etc.

-AC

alic88
i for one am still anxiously waiting for chinese democracy.. i know its been a long time but i cant help but think what axl has been composing for the past decade.

StinkFist462

Alpha Centauri
He said it sounds awesome, and it is awesome, but he said that isn't enough.

Enough for who? Those foolishly waiting decades for it? Of course not.

-AC

papabeard
Has anyone heard the new tracks?, according to the NME, IRS is the best of the new tracks, apparently Axl goes electro with loads of synths.

amity75
Velvet Revolver are essentially Guns n' Roses now. Axl is just Axl singing Karaoke versions of Gn'R songs while backed by session musicians.

Alpha Centauri
Besides being a totally different band with totally different songs? (Velvet Revolver).

-AC

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Pandemoniac

Axl droolio

amity75
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Besides being a totally different band with totally different songs? (Velvet Revolver).

-AC You don't need to be faecetious about it. If Guns N' Roses were still around in their original form they'd be making the kind of music that Velvet Revolver are currently making.

Alpha Centauri
So the base of your argument is; They'd both be making rock music and have most of the same members, therefore they are the same band?

If Rage or Soundgarden were still around, would they be making the same music as Audioslave? No. Totally different.

-AC

amity75
Nope. I couldn't imagine RATM or Soundgarden doing anything tat sounded like Audioslave but I could imagine Axl era guns n' roses bringing out velvet revolver stuff. I saw them (VR) last year and they covered Mr Brownstone and My Michelle and it's fair enough to say it brought the house down.

Alpha Centauri
Right.

Still waiting for the convincing argument as to why they're essentially the same band, in a musical sense.

-AC

amity75
I didn't come here to argue, I was merely stating my thoughts. And besides, if you'd read my original post you'd see that I was stating that velvet revolver complete with Slash and his songwriting hooks are more guns n' roses than Axl and his backing group.

WrathfulDwarf
I hope they tour L.A. never had the chance to be in a GNR concert. As for the current status of the band...well, they been in decline for years. But that shouldn't be discouraging. At least I think so...

papabeard
I have heard the new songs and they are feckin awful.

Pandemoniac
Haven't heard any, but my guess is that Axl is going over the top with symphonies, synthesisers and perhaps bad lyrics. I've read he made a dissing song towards his former band-members. Now that is just low! Not to mention it making the chance of the real Guns n' Roses getting back on stage very slim.
Sidenoting; the official GnR site and even the unofficial provide no trustworthy info what so ever concerning who is in Guns at the moment or when Chinese Democracy will be released.
Axl can kiss my shiny butt, and better cram 200 bucks in it before I'll buy tickets for his oncoming abdominally tour.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.