TPM Sidious & Maul vs Pre-Sith Dooku & TPM Qui-Gon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DiamondBullets
Setting: The Room of a Thousand Fountains in the Jedi Temple.

Sabers, Force powers, and things in the environment are all fair game...

Revolver Ocelot
Uh, Jedi Dooku was likely very good with a saber. 60 years of saber practise and Jedi training.

TPM Sidious is an unknown. But we have seen a younger Palpy fight with a saber (DE Sidious, and he was in a clone body...). And he was a beast...

Still TPM Palpy is an unknown...

darthsith19
Maul beats Qui-Gon again while Sidious takes on and kills Dooku.

Ermac_Master
Originally posted by darthsith19
Maul beats Qui-Gon again while Sidious takes on and kills Dooku.

((The_Anomaly))
Basically yea, the Sith win.

Darth Subjekt
Why does it have to be Maul vs QG na dSids vs Dooku? Why can't Dooku go pwn Maul really quick and then double team Sids? And why is everyone so sure that Sids could pwn QG anyway? He knew the most abou the "living force" and knew how to channel his emotions and feelings.

Faunus
WTF? He still got his ass handed to him by Maul.

Lörd Sorgo
Your point? Maul was no weakling, Faunus. He managed to kill one of the more powerful Masters at that time.

Sesse
Prove that he was one of the "most powerful master of his time".

There were a few jedi roaming about.

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Sesse
Prove that he was one of the "most powerful master of his time".

There were a few jedi roaming about.

I'm sorry, who said he was "Most powerful master of his time"?

Faunus

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Faunus
Do you actually understand the relevance and direction of my post, Sorgo? He thinks that Qui-Gon's interest in the Force and control of his emotions equate to a champion Jedi: you tell me what you'd say.

It wasn't just an interest, Faunus. He could Channel the living Force. I'm sure that he would administer that in a fight. And Control of his emotions probably enables him to be a better Jedi and concentrate solely on a Fight.

Faunus

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Faunus
He channels the living Force. . . I wonder what the other ten thousand Jedi in the galaxy do. Control of his emotions? With the exception of Anakin, every Jedi has control of thier emotions.

His was exceptional. I'm guessing that's why they mentioned his Force Channeling to be exceptional.

Of course unless every other Jedi in the Galaxy had exceptional Force Channeling abilities?

((The_Anomaly))
Qui-Gon was an exceptional Jedi master. It says this a few times in TPM novelization. (As well as Qui-Gon being one of the better swordsmen in the order). Qui-Gon was an amazing Jedi, not on the level of Yoda or Windu, but he was up there. I mean, he was the first to learn the Jedi ghost trick, not even Yoda had that kind of connection to the force.

Faunus
The TPM novelization means squat, to be honest; all the novels contradict the movies on some level. (Luke deflecting lightning, Obi-Wan fighting MagnaGuards on Utapau)

I'm not arguing the statement that Qui-Gon is good, but you guys are using all the wrong reasons.

Revolver Ocelot
Actually, it states that Qui-Gon Jinn was on Mace Windu's level.

I can't find anything to disprove this, but it just doesn't seem right. I can't imagine Qui-Gon being that good.

((The_Anomaly))
The novels are more canon then EU. Soo....

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Actually, it states that Qui-Gon Jinn was on Mace Windu's level.

I can't find anything to disprove this, but it just doesn't seem right. I can't imagine Qui-Gon being that good.

Well, what it means is Qui-Gon was on TMP Windu's level, he is certainly not on CW, or ROTS Windu's level.

jollyjim311
Sith win. Sidious could beat Dooku and Maul beats Qui-Gon. Or Sidious pwns Qui-Gon while Maul holds off Dooku. Or Sidious uses the force to attack both of them while Maul attacks with his saber. The possibilities are endless!!

DiamondBullets
QG Force-pushes water at Maul, who is then weighed down by his soaking robe, and gets owned. Now to deal with Sidious......

^just a proposition....

darthsith19
The water wouldn't weigh him down so much that he'd get owned. It'd slow him down a little but he might still be able to beat Qui-Gon and if Qui-Gon does win it'll take a while. By which time Dooku may or may not be dead.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by darthsith19
The water wouldn't weigh him down so much that he'd get owned. It'd slow him down a little but he might still be able to beat Qui-Gon and if Qui-Gon does win it'll take a while. By which time Dooku may or may not be dead.

People, just cuz Maul beat Qui once, doesn't mean he could do it every single time they fought. Joe Frasier beat Ali the first time they fought, and then Ali destroyed him the second time.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
People, just cuz Maul beat Qui once, doesn't mean he could do it every single time they fought. Joe Frasier beat Ali the first time they fought, and then Ali destroyed him the second time.

Maul was in fairly good control of the fight, even when Qui-Gon had Obi Wan to help him. Besides, what do you suppose we should go by? Maul beat Qui-Gon fair and square in the movie, and we can't just assume Qui-Gon wins because he is cool (he is, I like him, but as far as combat goes Maul is simply better).

Not that the water would make much of a difference in a fight, but if you think so, who says Maul can't just force push the water back at Qui-Gon?

Darth POW
i reckon sidious and maul will win because i think they are better in lightsaber combat.
but it depends where they are because i think dooku focuses a bit more on the force powers so he could use the enviroment to his advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.