"Now Skywalker... you will die."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Anyone else think the Emperor wasn't going all out at this point in the film? Luke took his lightning for a damn long time.

I still think the Emperor was torturing him at this point in the film... maybe going for long and painful kill? Because realistically a couple seconds of OT Sidious' (probably a step up from ROTS Sids who fried Mace Windu like nothing) lightning should easily kill Luke.

Sesse
Gee. Never thought about it... no expression

Council#13
i think he was toying with him

Darth Traya
He was firing "lesser" bolts of lightning to torture Luke. He was about to up the intensity to kill Luke, but then got benchpressed by Vader.

chinabing
Originally posted by Darth Traya
but then got benchpressed by Vader. It was a helicopter slam!

Blaxican_Hydra
Really? I thought it was more of a military slam, but now that I think about it it does look more like a helicopter slam...or... I forgot what its called...

Cascador
Hey Anakin got knocked against the wall which made him unconscious, it wasn't the lightning....Mace didn't die of the lightning either but from the big fall. But you would indeed say that the lightning on Mace was stronger since you could even see his skeleton. Either they didn't have the technique to show a skeleton of Luke while making the film (altho they did it on Vader, but he wasn't moving so fast as Luke, makes it easier to animate) or the lightning wasn't as strong on him.

Blaxican_Hydra
They showed Lukes teeth?

Tangible God
Actually, Luke opened his mouth there.

chinabing
Luke's teeth turn blue from the lightning . . . creepy . . . makes me think of the feeling you get when you accidentally chew on tin foil!

DarthBanevv
You've chewed on tin foil?

Tangible God
Who HASN'T?

chinabing
Key word: accidentally. Like when you think you've peeled it all off a baked potato and you haven't. But if you want to see what it feels like to chew on aluminum foil, be my guest. Especially if you have metal fillings or braces! You'll feel just like Luke.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by chinabing
Key word: accidentally. Like when you think you've peeled it all off a baked potato and you haven't. But if you want to see what it feels like to chew on aluminum foil, be my guest. Especially if you have metal fillings or braces! You'll feel just like Luke.

Unwrappng a Kitkat and finding out you didn't peel all the foil off when you bit into it = worst feeling ever.

jollyjim311
The lightning killed Mace.

"The final blast bodily lifted him into the air, sending his form hurling into the Coruscant skies, to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below." StarWars.com

Tangible God
Perhaps you take that too literally. Such descriptions of deaths have been given to people who died FROM the impact, but are still reported as dropping "lifelessly" to the floor.

Tarvos
Well, Sidious was just kind of torturing him before finishing him off. Just for the fun of it.

Hey, what happened to overlord? Did he just like quit or something...

Cascador
If Sid used the lightning as long as he did on skywalker then yeah it would have killed Mace, it also seemed intenser, but I think the fall killed him and even if a Jedi could survive such a fall, his body was too numb from the lightning to rescue himself

Tarvos
No one could survive that fall. It was probably the fall that killed him.

Council#13
yes

Revolver Ocelot
Counting the EU he did survive >.<

chinabing
Originally posted by Tarvos
No one could survive that fall. It was probably the fall that killed him.

The fall doesn't kill you. The impact does. smile

Actually, Palpatine's office building doesn't look that high off the ground, it's kind of a very stubby dome. Now falling off the jedi temple or the Senate building, that'l kill ya.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Tarvos
Hey, what happened to overlord? Did he just like quit or something... Yeah I wondered that too, he just kinda... disappeared at the end of January.

Tangible God
Originally posted by chinabing
The fall doesn't kill you. The impact does. smile

Actually, Palpatine's office building doesn't look that high off the ground, it's kind of a very stubby dome. Now falling off the jedi temple or the Senate building, that'l kill ya. Did you see how far down it was when we view the shot of AMce's saber falling. Oh yeah, that fall'd kill anyone.

locuasohappy
Originally posted by Cascador
If Sid used the lightning as long as he did on skywalker then yeah it would have killed Mace, it also seemed intenser, but I think the fall killed him and even if a Jedi could survive such a fall, his body was too numb from the lightning to rescue himself

the fall doesnt kill you the landing does---- newton

Cascador
Originally posted by locuasohappy
the fall doesnt kill you the landing does---- newton

D'UH...

Captain REX
By the time Mace was flung out the window, it is safe to say he was pretty much on the verge of death anyways.

With Luke, Sidious was torturing him. With Vader, he torched his systems with full blasts, hence his death after.

Cascador
still...I dont think so...after the emperor said, now skywalker you will die, you can say that he wasn't torturing him anymore, but wanted to kill him, still he was able to stand up...Yoda also got a massive blast of ligthing, he was able to stand up too, so I don't think Mace was almost dead just of the blast of ligthning.

Delta 62
I feel it's my civic duty to say that the thread subject is an incorrect quote.. he didn't say Skywalker. erm

Cascador
Originally posted by Delta 62
I feel it's my civic duty to say that the thread subject is an incorrect quote.. he didn't say Skywalker. erm

we're comparing, nothing wrong with that...

Tangible God
He said: "Now young Skywalker... you will die."

Delta 62
Yeah I stand corrected. I was coming home from a bike ride earlier and remembered it was "YOUNG Skywalker" I guess I was thinking of something else Sidious said.

steverules
It seems Palp's orgasm's over everything he does so he decided to have a little fun with skywalker. I think Lucas has a thing about giving Palp's orgasm's.

coolmovies
The force was stronger with young luke and someone had to bring down the empire

overlord
Originally posted by Illuminati
Well, Sidious was just kind of torturing him before finishing him off. Just for the fun of it.

Hey, what happened to overlord? Did he just like quit or something... I exidently came across the pain series while browsing the internets and had to go through therapy for half a year.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Giga Fire
No one could survive that fall. It was probably the fall that killed him. The fall didnt kill him......just that sudden little stop. laughing Happy Dance laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.