Naga Sadow vs Darth Revan, DE Sidious and NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deception
who wins?

Revolver Ocelot
Hm. Two of these dudes are a firm tier below Sadow, while Revan is maybe two tiers below him.

Can they pull it off? Doubt it. They have a chance, for sure, but... I dunno.

Darth Subjekt
its a numbers game. Sadow may be more powerful individually, but 3 very powerful force users can be quite overwhelming.

IKC
Revan isn't "very powerful," by comparison.

Darth Subjekt
Then why do people on here always say he'll "WTFpwn" everyone, and "looking in his eyes is like looking into a widow of the force itself" or sometihng like that?

IKC
Correction: Revan fanboys on here say that.

They're not what I'd call credible.

tdtd
Tough match.. NJO Luke would be the last one standing but even I wouldn't put him on par with Sadow. I'd say DN Luke and Kun could take on Sadow but these three will lose after a long fight...

jollyjim311
Luke and Revan take him in melee, well, Revan does his best to block and assist Luke in melee while Sidious cooks something up with his force powers. I think the trio would do well against Naga, and will win more times than not.

tdtd
I can't use Sadow's amulet as a defense for this but it all depends on what kind of force powers Sadow cooks up. Also he is physically stronger than all 3 as he can swing his massive sith sword with no problems. I think he would take out Revan and Sidious and have a long battle with Luke afterwards.. Then destroy him.

Wesker
Sadow probably has tons of tricks up his sleeve, plus uber force powers and sith sword mastery. But just to be silly, I say he makes a million illusions to distract them and then takes them out one at a time with combined amulet/force lightning/force tk/sith sword skewer tactics.

tdtd
Sounds about right.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Wesker
Sadow probably has tons of tricks up his sleeve, plus uber force powers and sith sword mastery. But just to be silly, I say he makes a million illusions to distract them and then takes them out one at a time with combined amulet/force lightning/force tk/sith sword skewer tactics.

Yeah, or he suddenly calls a gazillion Sith Wyrms and Massassi from his rear end and gets them to jump his opponents.

Deception
how heavy are those sith swords?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Deception
how heavy are those sith swords?

A hell of a lot heavier than lightsabers.

Deception
And yet he can wield his heavy sith sword as easily as a jedi wields a lightsaber...that speaks alot about his physical prowess

zephiel7

Last time I saw Sadow use the illusions, he needed his meditation sphere. I don't think that he will have time to conjure illusions with three very powerful force users wailing on him. Not to mention Sadow will not have his meditation sphere around either...

Another thing, where is all this about Sadow being a great duelist coming from. We have never seen him duel a lightsaber armed Jedi before. The only evidence we have going for Sadow is that he dueled Kressh, and it was ultimately a tie.

tdtd
Again there is not evidence that suggests Sadow needs his meditation sphere to conjure up illusions. All the meditation sphere does is help him concentrate better.

Deception
Originally posted by zephiel7
Last time I saw Sadow use the illusions, he needed his meditation sphere. I don't think that he will have time to conjure illusions with three very powerful force users wailing on him. Not to mention Sadow will not have his meditation sphere around either...

Another thing, where is all this about Sadow being a great duelist coming from. We have never seen him duel a lightsaber armed Jedi before. The only evidence we have going for Sadow is that he dueled Kressh, and it was ultimately a tie.

Consider that not every single Sith illusion died when Sadow lost his sphere, consider the logic of the word Meditation, it merely helps the user to focus more without the disturbance of the outside world. We haven't true, but consider how Kreia stated that all the Ancient Sith were superior to the Sith/Jedi of her time and Kun's time, which says for all the Jedi and Sith till Post ROTJ time. Its logic to assume that the Ancient Sith had great physical prowess, were master duelist and had surpreme command of the force.

His demonstration of being able to destroy a star with the Dark Side of the force, shows us that his command in the Force is far superior to the Sith that succeeded him, consider how powerful Kun became after learning Sadow's teachings, consider how powerful the amulet was, being a creation of the Ancient Sith.

tdtd
Consider that not every single Sith illusion died when Sadow lost his sphere, consider the logic of the word Meditation, it merely helps the user to focus more without the disturbance of the outside world. We haven't true, but consider how Kreia stated that all the Ancient Sith were superior to the Sith/Jedi of her time and Kun's time, which says for all the Jedi and Sith till Post ROTJ time. Its logic to assume that the Ancient Sith had great physical prowess, were master duelist and had surpreme command of the force.

His demonstration of being able to destroy a star with the Dark Side of the force, shows us that his command in the Force is far superior to the Sith that succeeded him, consider how powerful Kun became after learning Sadow's teachings, consider how powerful the amulet was, being a creation of the Ancient Sith.

Revolver Ocelot
Honestly, I don't see a Sith Sword weighing less than 100 pounds. They're massive.

Wesker
They are pretty damn heavy.

Interesting tidbit... Here in this page, Naga Sadow thrusts his blade effortlessly into the table that is the centerpiece of the Sith Lord council chamber.

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6458/oldrepublic03145ei.jpg

Later on, Ludo Kressh breaks his blade on the very same surface, only striking it sideways.

http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/5014/swordbreak7wq.jpg

I wonder... was this because of raw strength used, or perhaps it was more Force than physical hitting that made it shatter like glass?

tdtd
Either way they are still physically more powerful to every other Jedi/Sith after them

Deception
Agreed.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by tdtd
Either way they are still physically more powerful to every other Jedi/Sith after them

What about Vader?

Wesker
Yeah, they're stronger than Vader too.

jollyjim311
Really? You think?

Wesker
Yeah. They put their sith swords straight through walls when fighting...

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/6237/oldrepublic03166vk.jpg

tdtd
Damn I've read GAOTS 50 or so times and I failed to see that part when they put the swords through the walls.. I wonder if those sith swords could cut through lightsabers.

Faunus
No, but it'd be pretty much impossible to block such a blow with a lightsaber, unless your Grievous, Vader, or possibly Bane.

tdtd
Well what I meant was in a lightsaber duel the ancient sith would just drive anybody back with their force.

Faunus
Pretty much. Although duelists like Luke, Yoda, and Exar Kun would likely be fast enough to maneuver around and through almost any ancient Sith who'd recklessly try to mash them with a sword, although I doubt warriors like Ragnos would make such a mistake.

thetruepower
A faster weapon is always better then a more powerful one. Sith swords are completely overrrated. Any decent saber duelist would be able to outduel any duelist like Ragnos, Kressh, Simus or Sadow. It would just be too easy for the saber duelist to use the weight of the opponent's sith sword against the user. And if Sadow and Kressh could really swing sabers around so easily, don't you think that they would not have had to use two hands to wield it.

Illustrious
Originally posted by thetruepower
A faster weapon is always better then a more powerful one. Sith swords are completely overrrated. Any decent saber duelist would be able to outduel any duelist like Ragnos, Kressh, Simus or Sadow. It would just be too easy for the saber duelist to use the weight of the opponent's sith sword against the user. And if Sadow and Kressh could really swing sabers around so easily, don't you think that they would not have had to use two hands to wield it.

zOMG, a katana is a two-handed weapon, it must suck!

zOMG, an assault rifle is a two-handed weapon, it must also suck!

zOMG, most Jedi use two-handed lightsaber forms, it must suck!

zOMG, I don't know anything about t3h fizix, I am 10 years old!

Good job.

thetruepower
Way to sum up what I said moron.

tdtd
Numan, what you said was moronic.

thetruepower
Please explain how it was moronic? It makes sense that any decent duelist would be able to out duel a duelist who wields a sith sword. Faster weapons are always greater then heavy weapons. And there is no evidence that suggests that the sith lords could wield these swords as easily as sabers apart from in Kressh's and Sadow's duel where they leave "residual energy" behind every swing of their blade. And comic book exaggerations are no better then game play inconsistencies. Also note that if they were able to swing their swords like sabers, they would likely just use one hand to wield it and the other hand for offensive force powers just like Dooku did with his saber.

Illustrious
Way to sum up what I said moron.

Defensive already, good job.

So let me get what you said:

Numan: "Because Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow swing with two hands, the sword sucks."

Uh huh, and I made about 3 different examples why what you said was retarded. Keep it up man.

And of course there's your quote that says this:

Numan: "There's no evidence to suggest they swing their swords as fast as a lightsaber."

Only there is, except you decide to rule it out as "comic book exaggerations." I like that you think your opinion is canon, but unfortunately, it's not. Let me guess, Sadow didn't really say that speech bubble, it's another comic book exaggeration! Genius, NASA might come aknockin' at your door.

thetruepower
Originally posted by Illustrious
zOMG, a katana is a two-handed weapon, it must suck!

zOMG, an assault rifle is a two-handed weapon, it must also suck!

zOMG, most Jedi use two-handed lightsaber forms, it must suck!

zOMG, I don't know anything about t3h fizix, I am 10 years old!

Good job.

You obviously seriously lack reading comprehension skills. My point was that it is unlikely that they could swing their swords around just like sabers as they needed both hands to wield the sword. I was not implying that sith swords suck because they require both hands to wield.

Wesker
Numan, go away.

thetruepower
Defensive already, good job.

So let me get what you said:

Because Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow swing with two hands, the sword sucks.

Uh huh, and I made about 3 different examples why what you said was retarded. Keep it up man.

You obviously seriously lack reading comprehension skills. My point was that it is unlikely that they could swing their swords around just like sabers as they needed both hands to wield the sword. I was not implying that sith swords suck because they require both hands to wield.

Illustrious

And you obviously don't know WTF this thing called "physics" is, as concepts such as torque are completely foreign to you.

You're not very bright, get over it.

tdtd
Explain it again in simple terms, I'm sure the truth will come out.

Illustrious
Explain it again in simple terms, I'm sure the truth will come out.

I did, with no mathematical formulae, he's just oblivious to anything but his own opinion, which then invariably becomes "fact" and "evidence."

thetruepower
Right, because I haven't gone to college and studied advanced physics, I'm dumb. You just realised that your pathetic insult backkfired on you and so you decided to bring up something that happened about 2 months ago.

Illustrious
Right, because I haven't gone to college and studied advanced physics, I'm dumb. You just realised that your pathetic insult backkfired on you and so you decided to bring up something that happened about 2 months ago.

No, because it's the same argument. You still can't even define what power is, what torque is; you've never swung a sword in your life; you don't have a clue; you can't prove a thing to save your own head, yet you're right.

Yep, your opinion is fact, your interpretation of Star Wars is canon. Whoops, time to wake up.

tdtd
Numan just look up torque and apply it to the argument.

Wesker
N-canon does not stand for Numan, kid. Now go piss off.

Illustrious
N-canon does not stand for Numan, kid. Now go piss off.

zOMG, it's the Numan-Canon! ph34r!

thetruepower
You mean moment?

tdtd
Just look it up and learn it.

thetruepower
Until you can prove that the ancient sith could swing their swords around like sabers, you have no case here.

Wesker
Until you can prove that the ancient sith could swing their swords around like sabers, you have no case here.

Yes, they can. They're strong enough to drive the blades into stone (Look at how Naga sadow casually downthrusts that blade into the table), they're cracked out with the Force, and even lowly Massassi can trade blows with Jedi using lightsabers as seen in the comic.

thetruepower
Dude I know what moment is. It's part of our syllabus.

Illustrious

It's been shown in the comic, simply because you chaulk it up "comic book exaggeration" or haven't read the comics at all does not mean that it hasn't.

Living on the banks of Denial, eh Goebbels?

Illustrious
Dude I know what moment is. It's part of our syllabus.

You mean momentum? In that case, nope, that's not torque.

thetruepower
Yes, they can. They're strong enough to drive the blades into stone (Look at how Naga sadow casually downthrusts that blade into the table), they're cracked out with the Force, and even lowly Massassi can trade blows with Jedi using lightsabers as seen in the comic.

Clearly the reading comprehension skills of the Antideluvian completely suck. By saying "Until you can prove that the ancient sith could swing their swords around like sabers" I was talking about speed and not power.

thetruepower
You mean momentum? In that case, nope, that's not torque.

No. I mean moment.

Wesker
Clearly the reading comprehension skills of the Antideluvian completely suck. By saying "Until you can prove that the ancient sith could swing their swords around like sabers" I was talking about speed and not power.

Apparently the brain of the socking Numan sucks; having that kind of power implies speed behind the blade. No one swings a blade superslow and digs it half a foot into a solid stone table, dipshit.

Illustrious

Who's the "Antideluvian"? Way to spell! A real go-getter.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1894/haha5gd.jpg

Do slow objects leave blur marks? Afterimages?

So the sith swing their swords really slow, they just leave residual energy, blur marks, and afterimages; nothing fast leaves those behind! Oh wait...

You can't even spell "momentum" without losing letters, don't have a clue what torque is, act like your opinion is canon, and somehow think someone else sucks. Woo! Hypocrisy has a partner, meet Numan!

Illustrious
No. I mean moment.

That's an abbreviation, know the real term.

thetruepower
Apparently the brain of the socking Numan sucks; having that kind of power implies speed behind the blade. No one swings a blade superslow and digs it half a foot into a solid stone table, dipshit.

Wrong again Janus. Not much speed is required at all to generate lots of power. Obviously some speed is required, but not anything exceptional.

thetruepower
That's an abbreviation, know the real term.

That's the term in my school physics book. You obviously don't know the difference between being unintelligent and being uninformed.

Illustrious
Wrong again Janus. Not much speed is required at all to generate lots of power. Obviously some speed is required, but not anything exceptional.

Let's try this again.

Give the correct physics definition of power.

If you can't, you don't need to be taken seriously.

thetruepower
Power is basically force/time taken. Speed clearly helps, but if enough force can be put into the attack, great power can still be generated without the need of speed.

Illustrious
Power is basically force/time taken. Speed clearly helps, but if enough force can be put into the attack, great power can still be generated without the need of speed.

So you basically admitted that the Sith put incredible force into their attacks. Thanks.

Then you see the scan where they leave afterimages, blurs, and residual energy. Guess they have speed too.

Whoops, good job.

tdtd
Lol

Darth POW
luke could attack sadow while sidious used the force against him and revan could just stay back and nail him with a blaster at some point maybe..

thetruepower
Err no Illustrious. I proved that speed is not required to generate great power. That was in reply to Wesker's incorrect conclusion that speed is always vital to generate mass power. And in response to "So you basically admitted that the Sith put incredible force into their attacks. Thanks." I have never once said that the ancient sith did not put great power into attacks. I have always said that while they have great power behind their attacks, they lack speed and agility and general manoeuvrability to duel against top notch jedi. And in response to "Then you see the scan where they leave afterimages, blurs, and residual energy. Guess they have speed too", the residual energy is a result of the power behind the two blades clashing.

Illustrious
Err no Illustrious. I proved that speed is not required to generate great power. That was in reply to Wesker's incorrect conclusion that speed is always vital to generate mass power. And in response to "So you basically admitted that the Sith put incredible force into their attacks. Thanks." I have never once said that the ancient sith did not put great power into attacks. I have always said that while they have great power behind their attacks, they lack speed and agility and general manoeuvrability to duel against top notch jedi. And in response to "Then you see the scan where they leave afterimages, blurs, and residual energy. Guess they have speed too", the residual energy is a result of the power behind the two blades clashing.

Do you read?

Who's the "Antideluvian"? Way to spell! A real go-getter.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1894/haha5gd.jpg

Do slow objects leave blur marks? Afterimages?

So the sith swing their swords really slow, they just leave residual energy, blur marks, and afterimages; nothing fast leaves those behind! Oh wait...

You can't even spell "momentum" without losing letters, don't have a clue what torque is, act like your opinion is canon, and somehow think someone else sucks. Woo! Hypocrisy has a partner, meet Numan!

And you criticize other people's comprehension.

Really, the residual energy is a result of the power? Where's your proof of that?

Are the blur marks a result of power too? The afterimages? Please.

thetruepower
"And you criticize other people's comprehension.

Really, the residual energy is a result of the power? Where's your proof of that?

Are the blur marks a result of power too? The afterimages? Please."

There is no more proof that the residual energy is caused by the speed of the blades then there is proof that the residual energy is a result of two blades of such great power colliding.

And please explain how my reading comprehension was sub-par in anything that I have said in this thread.

Illustrious
"And you criticize other people's comprehension.

Are the blur marks a result of power too? The afterimages? Please."

There is no more proof that the residual energy is caused by the speed of the blades then there is proof that the residual energy is a result of two blades of such great power colliding.

And please explain how my reading comprehension was sub-par in anything that I have said in this thread.

"There's no more proof" of one way or the other, yet you say it's from the power, not the speed.

Right, like I said, I think I just proved that you use your own opinion as evidence. We're done here.

Borbarad

You can see the blades leaving blurs and afterimages. There you have proof of speed. And if two blades that are moved with great speed collide you can't go and say "OMGosh tha enagi muscht com from da powa - no sschpeeeeed involved."

Conclusion: STFU, n00b.

thetruepower
Ok but we have still established that there is no evidence that states the ancient sith could swing their swords faster then sabers. So basically we have clarified that they have nothing but power on their side in duels. Not speed. Power. And any good saber duelist would be able to compete with a duelist that only has power and lacks speed.

And you say that I of all people use my own opinion and pass it off as fact. Sorry to dissapoint you Illustrious but you are a complete hypocrite as it was always you and the rest of the Ragnos crew who believed that the ancient sith were able to swing their blades around like sabers. And you had no real proof (as I have just proven) yet people like Arker and TDTD use that pice of info and claim that it true because you and the Ragnos crew said so.

Illustrious
Ok but we have still established that there is no evidence that states the ancient sith could swing their swords faster then sabers. So basically we have clarified that they have nothing but power on their side in duels. Not speed. Power. And any good saber duelist would be able to compete with a duelist that only has power and lacks speed.

And you say that I of all people use my own opinion and pass it off as fact. Sorry to dissapoint you Illustrious but you are a complete hypocrite as it was always you and the rest of the Ragnos crew who believed that the ancient sith were able to swing their blades around like sabers. And you had no real proof (as I have just proven) yet people like Arker and TDTD use that pice of info and claim that it true because you and the Ragnos crew said so.

They don't LACK SPEED or they wouldn't leave afterimages and blur marks.

Got it?

Thanks.

You haven't prove anything. Point out specifically what you have proven. As I showed you just last post, you take your own opinion and try to use it as fact.

Okay, blur marks and afterimages do not establish speed. Sure thing, keep living in Numan-canon.

tdtd
Illustrious, that image youve just shown, where is it from? And Numan consider this.. You have Sith that can swing heavy swords as fast as the Jedi can swing weightless sabers. Do the math.

Illustrious
Illustrious, that image youve just shown, where is it from? And Numan consider this.. You have Sith that can swing heavy swords as fast as the Jedi can swing weightless sabers. Do the math.

Numan: "but me has proofed dat zey d0nt swung ass fast!! lololol!"

It's from GaotS

tdtd
Ahhhh ok, didn't think it was the same image..

Deception
Reported Numan.

thetruepower
Originally posted by Borbarad
You can see the blades leaving blurs and afterimages. There you have proof of speed. And if two blades that are moved with great speed collide you can't go and say "OMGosh tha enagi muscht com from da powa - no sschpeeeeed involved."

Conclusion: STFU, n00b.

It's quite an assumption to call those afterimages. I mean please, they could just as likely be the same residual energy for all we know and calling them afterimages is just a guess which the poor artwork doesn't really allow. If they really were afterimages, why have they not been done in any of the other boxes. It is just a result of terrible artwork and there is little to suggest that they are afterimages when they could as easily be the same residual energy in the previous boxes. And also don't you think that they would make it pretty obvious if they really were afterimages.

And let's say that they were. Have you never come across comic book exaggeraton. Think back to the first issue of KOTOR where Ulic faces that battle droid. There are after images of him as he fights the droid. Does this imply that he is as fast as Yoda?

Deception
Numan, noone wants you here, can you leave all of us in peace?

Traya
It's quite an assumption to call those afterimages. I mean please, they could just as likely be the same residual energy for all we know and calling them afterimages is just a guess which the poor artwork doesn't really allow. If they really were afterimages, why have they not been done in any of the other boxes. It is just a result of terrible artwork and there is little to suggest that they are afterimages when they could as easily be the same residual energy in the previous boxes. And also don't you think that they would make it pretty obvious if they really were afterimages.

And let's say that they were. Have you never come across comic book exaggeraton. Think back to the first issue of KOTOR where Ulic faces that battle droid. There are after images of him as he fights the droid. Does this imply that he is as fast as Yoda?

Is this the "ZOMG TEH COREGRAPHY IS CRAP" argument but bundled up to apply to the comics?

STFU...

jollyjim311
Kinetic energy = mass * speed^2/ 2.

Speed is way more important, Numan, when talking about force behind a blow, you're right about one thing. But in order for their swords to go through walls, they would need to be going fast (I'm not counting if they have energy that lets them easily cut through objects, like lightsabers have.) Also, Numan, they wouldn't put blur marks in comics if they didn't want you to assume that they are going fast. Or are they moving their swords slow motion like, because they are Ancient Sith Lords above the power of momentum and kinetic energy, and the landscape and buildings are just moving really fast in the background with the Ancient Sith Lords command of the force!? Yeah!!!

Rayvann
Originally posted by Traya
Is this the "ZOMG TEH COREGRAPHY IS CRAP" argument but bundled up to apply to the comics?

STFU...

He does make a point about comics sometimes misrepresting things.

Xepeyon
I'm not agreeing with Numan, but they probably aren't moving AS fast as lightsabers. Sith swords are heavy-duty weapons That weigh more than a fully grown adult man. their massive strength might make them move extremely fast, but take this into account: A Lightsaber is a small, lightweight hilt, with a weightless beam extending over three feet. It's a tough one for me.

tdtd
And at the same time we see the sith swinging the swords at tremendous speed.

Xepeyon
And at the same time we see the sith swinging the swords at tremendous speed.

And that's exactly why I'm not agreeing with him.

tdtd
Right but what proof do you have that the people that use lightsabers are quicker than the sith who use the sword?

Xepeyon
Besides Gravity and the basic laws of physics, nothing.

PSYCH! Just Kiddin'!

I don't have any proof.

Wesker
Originally posted by Xepeyon
I'm not agreeing with Numan, but they probably aren't moving AS fast as lightsabers. Sith swords are heavy-duty weapons That weigh more than a fully grown adult man. their massive strength might make them move extremely fast, but take this into account: A Lightsaber is a small, lightweight hilt, with a weightless beam extending over three feet. It's a tough one for me.

Wow, someone's not realizing the point here:

Firstly, where's the proof that sith swords weigh as much as a fully grown man? If this IS the case, and they CAN swing them fast enough to chunk stone walls, or thrust them with ease into tables, this bodes HORRIBLE for the lightsaber using enemy. Lightsaber's ability to cut and chop through things comes from its energy source, not the strength behind it. Imagine, if you will, holding a flashlight with a weightless blade on it. Now, deflect just one blow from someone who swings a broadsword as easily as it were a toothpick.

Anything left of you? Nope. Either your lightsaber gets knocked clear, your arm crushed under the weight of the blow, or worse- get the blade knocked into your body and zap... dead.

Second, I heard a nasty rumor somewhere that lightsabers use some sort of gyroscope system to give it balance like a normal blade, though not the weight. The fights in the movies certainly would suggest this is the case. But again, no weight. And at what point did the characters in the movies manipulate a lightsaber SO fast it couldn't be parried by a skilled swordsman? Never.

Xepeyon
I agree with your first point. I suspected It would weigh that, because common Medieval swords weighed about 3/4 of a normal man. THOSE swords are like bigger threefold!

GL said on the bonus disk of the OT, under special features, (then select "creating the Lightsaber" or something like that) that the lazersword gives out a weightless beam. I don't really get your last question.

BTW, good illustration.

Illustrious

Because blur marks were used to represent speed in the other images.

Now your grasping at straws because your argument is shot to hell. Guess what, residual energy + blur marks + afterimages = the author telling you the blades are moving very fast. kthx.

Use your head, please.

Borbarad
It's quite an assumption to call those afterimages. I mean please, they could just as likely be the same residual energy for all we know and calling them afterimages is just a guess which the poor artwork doesn't really allow.

It's quite an assumption to call those residual energy. I mean please, they could just as likely be the same afterimages for all we know and calling them residual energy is just a guess which the genious artwork doesn't really allow.

If they really were residual energy, why have they not been done in any of the other boxes like the blurs from their blades which indicated speed ? It is just a result of your terrible comprehension combined with your rediculous low IQ (somewhere between toast and 2 metres of a cartway - earthworms excluded) that gives you the ability to call it "residual energy" when they are the same BLURS DUE TO SPEED in the previous boxes. And also don't you think that they aren't making anything obvious because of what you suggest to be "bad artwork" (and you must know a lot about "bad artwork" - you're creating a lot of that here every time you hit the "reply" button).

And let's say that they were. Did you never came across the idea that in a SCIENCE FICTION "exeggaration" is basically applied in every single situation ? "OH MY GOD - THEY DID STRIKE THROUGH MASSIVE STONE WALLS !1111 EGGSCHEGARATIOOON !111"
Unless you have another source to proof that the events displayed in the comics are exeggerated (which you haven't) the only thing we can use are the comics. And actual source > your personal opinion.

Wesker
lol

Pwnt.

tdtd
My personal opinion>actual source but thats my opinion.

Deception
When Numan arrives at a thread, everyone is unified against him stick out tongue, not that im surprised, some guy who tries to establish their opinion as fact is a nusicance and a runt.

tdtd
That's enough bro it's over, not sense in adding insult to injury.

Deception
not really an insult, be more of a established fact.

thetruepower
When Numan arrives at a thread, everyone is unified against him stick out tongue, not that im surprised, some guy who tries to establish their opinion as fact is a nusicance and a runt.

The fact that everyone is unified against me is the reason why it could possibly seem to others that I am usually wrong. And I try to establish my opinion as fact? I have not done that once. Please provide a quote of me doing so.

Deception
Then why do you persist in believing Ragnos is so weak? If everyone has universally agreed, we have need to convince just one person. Thats how you've tried to convince us, in over our last debates about Marka Ragnos you have barely refuted any points, you have given your speculation and opinion, and you think that you are correct.

I'm sorry if you dont like to hear this, but we do not have to agree with you, you are entitled to your opinion, but please do not try to degrade the characters in other people's eyes, because quite frankly you'll be simply labelled a fanboy in terms of just trying to convince everyone that your opinion is the correct one.

We have constantly given you the option of providing us with solid evidence as well as quotes, you say to us we are trying to prove a negative, but quite simply we don't even have to prove it to you, as it is clear that your opinion is your own. But seeing as the most notable debators here have all agreed that Marka Ragnos is the "most powerful of the most powerful" it should be good enough for everyone to drop the topic of him.

Further advise concerning the Ancient Sith, before you also tried to "prove" that the heavy Sith Swords means reduced speed, however due to the immense physical prowess of the Ancient Sith it has been shown they wield their swords at the same speed as a Sith/Jedi wields a lightsaber. Also the phyiscal force applied through a heavy 100 pound sword is extremely diffcult for most Jedi/Sith to block, adding onto that the speed at which the Ancients are able to use the sword, make them a near unstoppable force.

Although what i have just said is what i believe and what people have proven otherwise, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, however you have been proven wrong in terms of physics by the more intelligent members, therefore i suggest you revise your points.

thetruepower
Sorry but I have proven "the more intelligent members" wrong with the use of physics. They had to bring power into it stating that speed is required to generate power, and using the simple equation I was able to prove them wrong. I was right by saying that it does help but is not required to generate power.

Borbarad
Sorry but I have proven "the more intelligent members" wrong with the use of physics. They had to bring power into it stating that speed is required to generate power, and using the simple equation I was able to prove them wrong. I was right by saying that it does help but is not required to generate power.

No. First you said that there was no speed involved in the entire action (in which case the blades wouldn't have moved) and you were wrong and then you came up with "residual energy". And to make you understand how useless that term is: You were basically saying that the blades have a form of energy without being moved or used and that some part of that energy simply "stayed" in a place when the blade was moved away without noticable speed and became visible. That aren't "physics" that's "idiocy".

thetruepower
That aren't physics? That is hilarious.
And what I was saying was that the artwork was so bad that there was no way to know what the hell the "afterimages were". My guess was that they were the same things in the previous boxes. And that so called "residual energy" could have been a result of the clashing of two blades of such great force, and looking at the comics carefully, it seems that the "residual energy" is coming from the lightning augmentations of the sword itself.

Wesker

Torque
torque, in physics, that which tends to change the rate of rotation of a body; also called the moment of force. The torque produced by rotating parts of an electric motor or internal-combustion engine is often used as a measure of its ability to do useful work. The magnitude of the torque acting on a body is equal to the product of the force acting on the body and the distance from its point of application to the axis around which the body is free to rotate. Only the component of the force lying in the plane of rotation and perpendicular to the radius from the axis of rotation to the point of application contributes to the torque. This radius is called the moment arm, or lever arm. The net torque acting on a body is always equal to the product of the body's moment of inertia about its axis of rotation and its observed angular acceleration. If a body undergoes no angular acceleration, there is no net torque acting on it. Units of torque are units of force multiplied by units of distance, e.g., newton-meters, dyne-centimeters, and foot-pounds (or pound-feet).

Force
force, commonly, a push or pull, more properly defined in physics as a quantity that changes the motion, size, or shape of a body. Force is a vector quantity, having both magnitude and direction. The magnitude of a force is measured in units such as the pound, dyne, and newton, depending upon the system of measurement being used. An unbalanced force acting on a body free to move will change the motion of the body. The quantity of motion of a body is measured by its momentum, the product of its mass and its velocity. According to Newton's second law of motion (see motion), the change in momentum is directly proportional to the applied force. Since mass is constant at ordinary velocities, the result of the force is a change in velocity, or an acceleration, which may be a change either in the speed or in the direction of the velocity.

Momentum
momentum, in mechanics, the quantity of motion of a body, specifically the product of the mass of the body and its velocity. Momentum is a vector quantity; i.e., it has both a magnitude and a direction, the direction being the same as that of the velocity vector. When an external force acts upon a body or a system of bodies in motion, it causes a change in the momentum of the body. The impulse of a force acting on a body is the product of the force and the duration of time in which it acts and is equal to the change in momentum of the body. When no external force acts upon a body in motion or a system of bodies there is no change in the total momentum even though, as in the case of a system of bodies, there may be an internal disturbance of the system resulting in changes in the momenta of individual bodies. This conclusion is commonly known as the principle of the conservation of momentum (see conservation laws, in physics). The momentum of a body should not be confused with its kinetic energy. The distinction between them can be seen in the action of a pile driver. The distance to which the pile is driven depends upon its kinetic energy; the length of time required for the action to cease, upon its momentum. In addition to the momentum a body has because of its linear motion, the body may also have angular momentum because of rotation. The angular momentum of a particle rotating about a point is equal to the product of the mass of the particle, its angular velocity, and the square of its distance from the axis of rotation. More simply, the angular momentum is the product of the instantaneous linear momentum and the distance. Angular momentum is a vector quantity directed perpendicular to the plane of motion.

Idiot say what? Please. Stfu, Numan.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9159/stfucarrottopmatrix6zs.jpg

tdtd
I've just educated myself with Wesker's post, it's been a while since i've taken physics.

Illustrious

Unless you're arguing that they put so much force into their swings that they can go clear into a wall without even moving their blade quickly, your point is moot.

Besides, like mentioned, you see the blades with after images, blur marks, and residual lightning in EVERY frame they are used in. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they are moving very quickly.

The mere fact that you even think you're right when you can be so wrong is telling.

thetruepower
Besides, like mentioned, you see the blades with after images, blur marks, and residual lightning in EVERY frame they are used in. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they are moving very quickly.

No Illustrious, YOU CHOOSE to see afterimages. They look nothing like afterimages. The fact that you force yourself into believing they are shows how desperate you are.

Wesker
No Illustrious, YOU CHOOSE to see afterimages. They look nothing like afterimages. The fact that you force yourself into believing they are shows how desperate you are.

You're pathetic.

Illustrious

Right. Did I "choose" to see Ludo Kressh's long chin too?

Have fun living in denial.

Deception
Yet again, Numan you are entitled to your opinion, but you have not replied to Weskers post, which in every sense is correct.

However do not establish your opinion as fact, although you may believe your opinion is fact, it is nonetheless false when you try to make everyone see things your way.

Finally, i thought this was a SW forum, not an insult Numan forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.