I think is time for me to finally Grow Up............NOT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking of making this thread in the GDF. But I think is best to leave personal stuff out of a serious forum.

See, I been thinking lately that maybe is time for me to finally grow up. Maybe is just a midlife crisis or something. But I feel that I'm just getting too old for this kind of stuff.

I'm talking about Horror movies, Comic books, Star Wars, LOTR, Video Games, Conventions, Hobbies and other stuff that is more for a younger mind. I feel like the kid that never grew up. I been a Batman fan for years and maybe is just time to move on to adulthood. I've always believe in the phrase "stay gold" which means "being young at any age"

I'd guess that isn't true. Maybe is finally time for me to just be the man I should have been years ago. When I hit 25 years old that the time to be man. Now I'm just getting older is time for me to be entering manhood.

No, this isn't a self pity thread. I'm just here given you all a confension. Is time for me to behave like an adult.

Thank you for reading my thread.

WD

goofpartytimeclown

Mr. Bacon
shock

Ronny
cry Dont give up star wars. George lucas is an old man.. and even though it may APPEAR he gave up after the orginal trilogy doesnt mean he did.

Star wars = Life cry

But seriously, why the sudden change? Just cause you're reaching a certain age doesnt mean you have to compleatly forget the things you really enjoy... You shape you not your age erm And you shouldnt let it.

Mr. Bacon
im going to see john williams conduct the boston pops

star wars music galore! droolio

Ronny
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
im going to see john williams conduct the boston pops

star wars music galore! droolio T3h s3x0rz droolio

WrathfulDwarf
No, no, no guys....Is for the better. It was fun till it lasted. I have to be more adult.

I'm sorry I have to go. I will explain more about tomorrow. Have a great day.

WD

Impediment
So, you're leaving KMC??

Bun Bun
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking of making this thread in the GDF. But I think is best to leave personal stuff out of a serious forum.

See, I been thinking lately that maybe is time for me to finally grow up. Maybe is just a midlife crisis or something. But I feel that I'm just getting too old for this kind of stuff.

I'm talking about Horror movies, Comic books, Star Wars, LOTR, Video Games, Conventions, Hobbies and other stuff that is more for a younger mind. I feel like the kid that never grew up. I been a Batman fan for years and maybe is just time to move on to adulthood. I've always believe in the phrase "stay gold" which means "being young at any age"

I'd guess that isn't true. Maybe is finally time for me to just be the man I should have been years ago. When I hit 25 years old that the time to be man. Now I'm just getting older is time for me to be entering manhood.

No, this isn't a self pity thread. I'm just here given you all a confension. Is time for me to behave like an adult.

WD

WD I dont know you very well but it matters not what you are into or how old your are. If you are responsible and work and so on and so forth I'd say your doing pretty good. I guess all I'm saying is what you like is just that what you like. Not matter how old you are smile

JacopeX
iight Wrathful dwarf, itz good your now gonna behave your age.

Ritoshi
Define adult. Kids can't read some of those Batman books because of the rating you know shock

Morning_Glory

WD

just because you are about to be 30 doesnt mean you have to give up Star Wars

but whatever makes you happy

Ronny
No, no, no guys....Is for the better. It was fun till it lasted. I have to be more adult.

I'm sorry I have to go. I will explain more about tomorrow. Have a great day.

WD No! Bad WD! You dont have to like caviar and fine wine to be sophisticated!

Inspectah Deck

No shit, guy.

You can't get any girls talking about those stuff.

Impediment

I feel that I'm just getting too old for this kind of stuff.

With no disrespect intended, WD, those excuses sound kinda lame to me. If you want to move on to other things and opportunities in life that don't involve KMC, then, by all means, do so. Your happiness and self-esteem are important, not only to yourself but to others, as well. But to me, it seems that you're saying that simply participating in KMC Forums, we are not acting our age, not "being an adult", and such. I, myself, am 26 years old, I'm a single dad, and I work as a correctional officer. Yet, I play video games, Magic: The Gathering, collect DVD's, collect comic books, and, yes, very faithfully post every day on KMC Forums. I, personally don't feel in the slightest that talking about/discussing "Horror movies, Comic books, Star Wars, LOTR, Video Games, Conventions, Hobbies and other stuff" are for younger minds. You are only as old as you feel. I don't feel that my "manhood" is in jeopardy by participating in these hobbies/activities at all. If you do, however, I don't totally understand why. But, again, I say to you that if you decide to leave, I wish you the best of luck in your future. I just ask that you not make generalizations about these kinds of things and make noncholant stereotypes about the hobbies I love. I always do my duties as a daddy, an officer, and an adult first and foremost. Always. Then I do this. Thats the important thing. Thanx for listening--Imp

Ronny
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
No shit, guy.

You can't get any girls talking about those stuff. Shut up, yes you can blink. I'm a girl and I refuse to be in a relationship with anyone who doesnt like Science Fiction.

Plus, I read comic books, love star wars, play video games obsessively, and find conventions extremely entertaining. It doesnt make anyone less desirable.

If the only guys that were interested in me hated Star wars, well frankly.. I'd die a single virgin.

And I agree with you Imp, his excuses do sound lame. But I dont think hes talking about KMC.

Thorinn
No shit, guy.

You can't get any girls talking about those stuff. aahh words of encouragment.

LethalFemme

WD

sweetie it's been my perspective hat guys never really grow out of certain quirks there are girls that will accept you for them yes

Ronny
Thats right! My dad is fat and likes star wars and he married a hot thin blonde.

Impediment
Star Wars, comics, sci-fi, video games, RPG's, and conventions are my thing. In the eyes of most who aren't into these things, I am a nerd. Well, they can kiss my left butt cheek. I do have a life. And these things will always be a part of it.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Ronny
Shut up, yes you can blink. I'm a girl and I refuse to be in a relationship with anyone who doesnt like Science Fiction.

Besides you, how many girls get wet going to conventions or reading comic books?

WrathfulDwarf
Oh is not about girls. Is about me moving on to be an adult. As of matter of fact I decided to stop watching Batman Cartoons and reading more therapy books.

For example, I been getting into Dr Phil Mc Graw books and show. And I feel his words can guide me into be that adult I should have been long ago.

And this isn't about KMC.

ILoveMyDaniel

WD
Everyone's a child at heart, whether they're 25 or 55. Just because you like things like Batman and Video games doesn't make you any less of a man.
So what's going to happen? Are we going to see a more "serious" side of WrathfulDwarf on the KMC boards, or are you just speaking about your real life-life in general?

I've never really watched cartoons since I was 10, but I still don't consider my self any more adultish(new word big grin ).

Ritoshi
If you ever been to a starwars anything like I have..the adults>>>>>way more than the kids are there. Hmm adults outwaying the kids eek!

Impediment
Besides you, how many girls get wet going to conventions or reading comic books? Dude, you would be frickin' A-MAZED at how many do. Seriously.

Ritoshi
When he labels that stuff for only kids..he insults me no expression

Ronny
Besides you, how many girls get wet going to conventions or reading comic books? Very polite, the way you said that. And There are pleanty of us. I know Lana likes conventions and dresses up for them. And I know she likes Star Wars a good pleanty.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Impediment
Dude, you would be frickin' A-MAZED at how many do. Seriously.

Riight roll eyes (sarcastic)

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel

So what's going to happen? Are we going to see a more "serious" side of WrathfulDwarf on the KMC boards, or are you just speaking about your real life-life in general?

More like an "adult" side of WD. I'm planning to change certain things. In my siggy and avy. I feel this is a need to be fulfill.

Impediment
Pretty much the only TV I watch is cartoons. Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, old school Looney Tunes, and I also own the collected DVD sets of the entire Batman and Superman animated series. I plan to buy JLA and Batman Beyond.

Ronny
Oh is not about girls. Is about me moving on to be an adult. As of matter of fact I decided to stop watching Batman Cartoons and reading more therapy books.

For example, I been getting into Dr Phil Mc Graw books and show. And I feel his words can guide me into be that adult I should have been long ago.

And this isn't about KMC. Now you really can't be serious. Is this a joke? Or have you lost your marbles compleatly.

If it isnt a prank, Dr ****ing Phil wont solve your problems.. hes an ugly old man with a self help TV show to keep his house. I wouldnt take his advice if it cost my life.

Impediment
Very polite, the way you said that. And There are pleanty of us. I know Lana likes conventions and dresses up for them. And I know she likes Star Wars a good pleanty. I've gone to conventions and seen HOT looking women dressed up as characters from Star Wars, Star Trek, comic books and anime. It's actually a common thing to see at conventions.

Inspectah Deck
Very polite, the way you said that. And There are pleanty of us. I know Lana likes conventions and dresses up for them. And I know she likes Star Wars a good pleanty.

The truth hurts

Ritoshi

Dr ****ing Phil wont solve your problems.. hes an ugly old man with a self help TV show to keep his house. I wouldnt take his advice if it cost my life. laughing out loud

Thorinn
But if you leave kmc WD, can I have your moderator job. embarrasment

Ritoshi
The truth hurts Not another wanna be msn-oh

Ronny
The truth hurts I didnt say I was offended, I just ment you could have put it in a more mature way.

Impediment
WAITWAITWAITWAITWAITWAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT!!!!!!!!!!
!!!! WD..............please..............tell me that this is all a leading up joke for April Fools Day this weekend. Please???

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Ritoshi
Not another wanna be msn-oh

eek!

Ritoshi
So WD folded under pressure no expression and believe what people think...You could be mature and like so called "kid stuff" at the same time.

Your lost

Impediment
This HAS to be a hoax. A f*cking Dr. Phil avvy?

Itzak

ZOmg! shock Your avy... it hurts my eyes. cry

Thorinn
it's good that your growing up, just don't forget what makes you happy. smile

Ronny
!!!! WD..............please..............tell me that this is all a leading up joke for April Fools Day this weekend. Please??? I think WD is too mature for an april fools joke disgust

H. S. 6
With no disrespect intended, WD, those excuses sound kinda lame to me. If you want to move on to other things and opportunities in life that don't involve KMC, then, by all means, do so. Your happiness and self-esteem are important, not only to yourself but to others, as well. But to me, it seems that you're saying that simply participating in KMC Forums, we are not acting our age, not "being an adult", and such. I, myself, am 26 years old, I'm a single dad, and I work as a correctional officer. Yet, I play video games, Magic: The Gathering, collect DVD's, collect comic books, and, yes, very faithfully post every day on KMC Forums. I, personally don't feel in the slightest that talking about/discussing "Horror movies, Comic books, Star Wars, LOTR, Video Games, Conventions, Hobbies and other stuff" are for younger minds. You are only as old as you feel. I don't feel that my "manhood" is in jeopardy by participating in these hobbies/activities at all. If you do, however, I don't totally understand why. But, again, I say to you that if you decide to leave, I wish you the best of luck in your future. I just ask that you not make generalizations about these kinds of things and make noncholant stereotypes about the hobbies I love. I always do my duties as a daddy, an officer, and an adult first and foremost. Always. Then I do this. Thats the important thing. Thanx for listening--Imp

You stole the post out of my words... and keyboard. thumb up

Lightningrod

that has to be a joke laughing out loud

Spawn_Master

WD Your childhood hobbies will be dearly missed..yes

Impediment
I think WD is too mature for an april fools joke disgust I didn't mean that in a disrespectful way, though. wink

Lightningrod
nothing wrong with not acting your age...

i feel that no one should be that serious

Inspectah Deck
I didnt say I was offended, I just ment you could have put it in a more mature way.

Well, you see, my dude Jar Jar crashed into my living room and I was a lil angry. Now I'm alright.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Spawn_Master
Your childhood hobbies will be dearly missed..yes

Is ashame but oh well...I recently started Warhammer. But I feel I need to move on to be a different person. Is better this way.

Ronny
Well, you see, my dude Jar Jar crashed into my living room and I was a lil angry. Now I'm alright. Jar Jar sucks.. just for posting that.. Go straight to jail do not past go do not collect $200

Ritoshi
You better go back to your old self WD or else

http://www.synapse.ne.jp/save/readers/sawakatu/wookie.jpg

Inspectah Deck
Jar Jar sucks.. just for posting that.. Go straight to jail do not past go do not collect $200

What?!

Jar Jar is probably the 2nd best SW character...

Spawn_Master
Is ashame but oh well...I recently started Warhammer. But I feel I need to move on to be a different person. Is better this way. Do as you wish, WD. I am only saying if you do this, we may never look at you as that same funny, enjoyable person we once knew. erm no expression

Thorinn
would have been more threatning if it was a pic from the movie, and not a pic of a statue. no expression

Ronny
What?!

Jar Jar is probably the 2nd best SW character... Oh... my god.. No dont speak to me.. ugk I cant even look at you fool.

Are you insane.. Dare I ask who the first is?

mysterio69
Oh... my god.. No dont speak to me.. ugk I cant even look at you fool.

WATTO!

Ritoshi
Jar jar has to die along with all wookies and java.

Ronny
Originally posted by mysterio69
WATTO! Get out no expression

Ronny
Jar jar has to die along with all wookies and java. Java? I think you mean Jabba..

Aw screw you now i want coffee

Inspectah Deck
Oh... my god.. No dont speak to me.. ugk I cant even look at you fool.

Anakin of course

Ritoshi
Hi Ronny

http://holycrap.denmark.com/jar%20jar.jpg

Ronny
Anakin of course OH hell. You also. Out!

What is wrong with the world today

justjakk

WD you are the biggest goober if you think you should change who you are just because you're older...

Ronny
Hi Ronny

http://holycrap.denmark.com/jar%20jar.jpg no expression

I wonder if my dad has a gun...

Impediment
I could never stop collecting my artwork.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/DVDRack002.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/DVDRack003.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/DVDRack013.jpg

LethalFemme
Thats right! My dad is fat and likes star wars and he married a hot thin blonde.

exactly

Besides you, how many girls get wet going to conventions or reading comic books?

funny enough though we don't get wet for a lot of shit guys say yes

Ronny
I could never stop collecting my artwork.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/DVDRack002.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/DVDRack003.jpg Wow is that Spiderman a painting? thats Fantastic...

Ritoshi
no expression

I wonder if my dad has a gun... laughing out loud what did the poor guy do to you ? Who do you like in the show eek!

I hate See threepio no expression

Ritoshi
Originally posted by LethalFemme
exactly

funny enough though we don't get wet for a lot of shit guys say yes What if they offered you cake ?

Ronny
exactly

funny enough though we don't get wet for a lot of shit guys say yes haha Like "hey babeh you want to take a ride on my 13 inch cock" or "Your so hot baby you remind me of my car, your so fiiiiione"

Man, thats just... Stupid.

Inspectah Deck
funny enough though we don't get wet for a lot of shit guys say yes

Must be the hormones...

Ronny
laughing out loud what did the poor guy do to you ? Who do you like in the show eek!

I hate See threepio no expression What? He is the comic relief or those movies along with R2-D2... I think hes a decent charecter.

LethalFemme
What if they offered you cake ?

if I were a fatty

haha Like "hey babeh you want to take a ride on my 13 inch cock" or "Your so hot baby you remind me of my car, your so fiiiiione"

Man, thats just... Stupid.

I know but the worst is when they say it and it isn't I'm like how did you confuse 13 with 3 lmfao

Must be the hormones...

no just the penis lol

Ritoshi
What? He is the comic relief or those movies along with R2-D2... I think hes a decent charecter. I hate him for some reason cry it was a sin to make that thing. I don't mind R2 D2. Bah, obi should of died instead of his master ninja

Qui-Gon Jinn rules eek

Inspectah Deck
no just the penis lol

Those too.

LethalFemme
Those too.

of course

Inspectah Deck
of course

Or these guys

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/Dipset.JPG/250px-Dipset.JPG

Mišt
Im taking down my Star Wars posters and crap this weekend from my roomhappy But Im keeping all my books and comcis and stuff in there, just gonna change the feel of my room to suit me, not an 8yr old...

LethalFemme

Mišt
Theres still room for improvementshifty

LethalFemme

FG725
oh my god this is a bit odd why act your age i mean seriously what fun would that be im friggin 21 and sorry but I don't care that much about growing up. I still read comics yes even the cheesy old spider-man with like hardly any violence along with spawn and so on and so forth I mean i'm a prison guard if you wanna call that grown up then be my guest but if doing stuff like that is grown up then forget it. Hell im still watching DBZ. And...DR. Phil sorry but I mean cmon he's like for people with weird problems he got to grown up i mean half the people that watch him are old ladies dont know about you but i'd much rather be some wacko on TV then a personal advisor. Would you rather watch hours reading a pictureless book that goes on and on lasting two hundred pages of endless how to grow up. Or read a comic involving Violence/humor/cool characters. My brother is almost 30 and he still reads comics.

Inspectah Deck
mmm camron

laughing

Mišt
really now? well you know me I like a lot of improvement whistle

w00t

LethalFemme
laughing

he does wear a lot of pink though but it's all good

The Black Ghost
Wow he shouldnt give up that stuff. My DAD still does a lot of that...

Valharu
Originally posted by FG725
oh my god this is a bit odd why act your age i mean seriously what fun would that be im friggin 21 and sorry but I don't care that much about growing up. I still read comics yes even the cheesy old spider-man with like hardly any violence along with spawn and so on and so forth I mean i'm a prison guard if you wanna call that grown up then be my guest but if doing stuff like that is grown up then forget it. Hell im still watching DBZ. And...DR. Phil sorry but I mean cmon he's like for people with weird problems he got to grown up i mean half the people that watch him are old ladies dont know about you but i'd much rather be some wacko on TV then a personal advisor. Would you rather watch hours reading a pictureless book that goes on and on lasting two hundred pages of endless how to grow up. Or read a comic involving Violence/humor/cool characters. My brother is almost 30 and he still reads comics. End his misery FG. FINISH HIM!!!!!

Lana
Damnit WD, there goes another of my friends to geek out about SW and anime and cons with cry

And I'd like to just address these two posts:

No shit, guy.

You can't get any girls talking about those stuff.

I could lay claim to being one of the biggest geeks on this site, which is really saying something. No guy would stand a CHANCE with me unless they were into SW or video games or anime or anything like that.

And conventions? I go to them all the time. I'm a cosplayer, who is famous in my area and an award winner. And I'm on staff for an upcoming con, in fact.

Come out of your little high school box and grow up a bit.

K.Diddy
!!!! WD..............please..............tell me that this is all a leading up joke for April Fools Day this weekend. Please???

roll eyes (sarcastic) Ofcourse it is

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Lana
Damnit WD, there goes another of my friends to geek out about SW and anime and cons with cry

And I'd like to just address these two posts:

I could lay claim to being one of the biggest geeks on this site, which is really saying something. No guy would stand a CHANCE with me unless they were into SW or video games or anime or anything like that.

And conventions? I go to them all the time. I'm a cosplayer, who is famous in my area and an award winner. And I'm on staff for an upcoming con, in fact.

Come out of your little high school box and grow up a bit.

that is so ironic cause no guy has a chance with me if he isn't good in bed eek!

K.Diddy
that is so ironic cause no guy has a chance with me if he isn't good in bed eek!

rock You are damn Lethal girl laughing

Lana

laughing out loud yes, that is important, but other things are MORE important to me stick out tongue

LethalFemme
Originally posted by K.Diddy
rock You are damn Lethal girl laughing

I was just being honest but I am willing to teach happy

BackFire
Being an adult is over rated. I remember when I was younger, like 14 or so, and I was a heavy gamer, my parents and other adults always said that I'd give up the pass time as I aged. I didn't believe it, but they all seemed to think that.

Well, here I am, nearly 23 years old, and I'm still as big a gamer as ever, it's one of my primary hobbies, and I still get that giddy thrill when I go out to buy a new game that I've been waiting for, just like I did when I was a kid. When I'm 30, I still plan on playing games.

Lana
I probably get the "you'll grow out of it" think more than anyone else, being a girl who's into games and SW and anime and geeky stuff stick out tongue guess what, I'm 20 and show no sign of wanting to give up any of it...I just get more and more into everything as I get older stick out tongue

BackFire
Yeah.

Hey Lana, you should get an Xbox 360 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; great RPG, you'd like it.

Lana
Like I really have money for a 360....I can't even afford KH2 right now sad I have no intent on getting one anyway, I'd rather upgrade my PC and get Oblivion for that. It does look like an awesome game though.

BackFire
It would be more expensive to upgrade your PC probably.

I've been thinking of getting a 360. My friend got one last week and brought it over this past weekend, it really impressed me. DOA4 was the shit and Gears of War looks amazing.

LethalFemme
laughing out loud yes, that is important, but other things are MORE important to me stick out tongue

true

I probably get the "you'll grow out of it" think more than anyone else, being a girl who's into games and SW and anime and geeky stuff stick out tongue guess what, I'm 20 and show no sign of wanting to give up any of it...I just get more and more into everything as I get older stick out tongue

I've dated older guys and younger ones and they're exactly the same yes

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
It would be more expensive to upgrade your PC probably.

I've been thinking of getting a 360. My friend got one last week and brought it over this past weekend, it really impressed me. DOA4 was the shit and Gears of War looks amazing.

A single game's not enough to win me over for that system....especially considering that I can get my uncle to upgrade my laptop for me....whistling

I'll wait until the price drops and see if there's any other games out on it because I even consider getting a 360. So far Oblivion's the only thing I'd consider getting.

BackFire
Oblivion offers more roleplaying merrit then almost all multiplayer RPG's that I've played.

Tptmanno1
Interesting,
I've never really liked RPG's mainly because I'm a cheap bastard...

But anyway, BF, You ever Played Escape Velocity?

K.Diddy
I wanna get a 360,but I have to get my own computer first!

Tptmanno1
First thing on my big buy list is a laptop for college.

BackFire
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Interesting,
I've never really liked RPG's mainly because I'm a cheap bastard...

But anyway, BF, You ever Played Escape Velocity?

Nope, never heard of it.

K.Diddy
My favourite rpg's are the final fantasy ones,and Star wars KOTR ofcourse!

Lana
I love Final Fantasy yes my favorite game series.

BF don't even start pestering me about FFVII right now stick out tongue

KOTOR was good but not as great as people made it out to be. It had one hell of a plot twist though.

K.Diddy

KOTOR was good but not as great as people made it out to be. It had one hell of a plot twist though.

I actually liked the second one better,what do you think?"

Lana
I haven't finished the second one yet. I kinda got bored with it and haven't played since January.

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by BackFire
Nope, never heard of it.
Its kinda Cult-y
Google Escape Velocity Nova,
its a free download, trial-y thing
but you never really have to pay, muahaha

Mišt
A single game's not enough to win me over for that system....especially considering that I can get my uncle to upgrade my laptop for me....whistling

Oblivion's enough to win me over to buy an Xboxdroolio *humps game*

BackFire
I love Final Fantasy yes my favorite game series.

BF don't even start pestering me about FFVII right now stick out tongue

God, you still haven't gotten it? You'd best play it before watching Advent Children.

Lana
Yeah yeah I know....

I know the story and all, just have yet to actually play it.

BackFire
Still no luck finding it anywhere?

Might want to consider using an emulator like Ush did.

Lana
I asked him about it actually, he said it was something like 2 gigs. No room on my PC to download it...I would on my laptop but I like to keep stuff downloading overnight, but if I don't close my laptop at night it overheats.

I think I'm going to if I can't find a copy soon though.

WrathfulDwarf
I feel much more older than I did yesterday. This stuff really works. I'm a new WD!

Eis
Originally posted by JacopeX
iight Wrathful dwarf, itz good your now gonna behave your age.
Perhaps you should try to do the same thing and start spelling like 14 year old.

Shelbert Lemon

WD interesting indeed....I fully welcome you with open arms into the life of which we adults should lead. Lets set the example and live up to our responsibilities so that the younger generation will have a something to help guide them as they grow up and move on as we all do.

...so as an adult....we can play as adults...yes? flirt1

WrathfulDwarf
Thank you Shelbert... I feel more mature now. It really helps to grow up.

Darkside 999
i agree

Ritoshi
Oh so you are childish and immature when you like stuff as you listed because of age no expression

WrathfulDwarf
No...I'm just saying I should be more mature and adult.

Lana
You can act mature and still like fun stuff like comics and SW and anime and video games stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Cool Lana....so are you really REALLY getting a 360? I never got mine.

Lana
Still not planning on it any time soon. Maybe after the price drops. It's just way too expensive, I've got other things I wish to save my money for which are a bit more important to me than a system that has one game I want so far.

WrathfulDwarf
But if you're waiting for the price drop...will you still be getting a PS3 and maybe a Revolution?

A lot of people were discussing that if the 360 prize drops in the coming months..there may not get the other new consoles.

Lana
I'm not planning on getting a PS3 until there's an FF game coming out on it, which will likely be a few years off, since FFXII will be out on PS2 this year. Revolution is the only thing I plan on getting right away, and I've heard that the launch price they want to be a max of $200. Which is awesome.

Captain REX
WD, if you give up all those things, guess what I'll have to call you?

That's right.

Old Man W. man

Now stop growing up, dammit! *thwap*

WrathfulDwarf
I'm not planning on getting a PS3 until there's an FF game coming out on it, which will likely be a few years off, since FFXII will be out on PS2 this year. Revolution is the only thing I plan on getting right away, and I've heard that the launch price they want to be a max of $200. Which is awesome.

That's a deal. $200 sounds like a fair price.

Originally posted by Captain REX
WD, if you give up all those things, guess what I'll have to call you?

That's right.

Old Man W. man

Now stop growing up, dammit! *thwap*

Now, now sonny...I have to grow up. And you can call me GrizzleDwarf.

Bespin Bart
But...then you'd be GD instead of WD. No one can take that change. stick out tongue

Pandemoniac
Man, just be yourself! You can choose to adjust your appearance, expressions and interests towards the rest of the world. But if that would mean sacrificing your real personality for the mere sake of 'fitting in', reconsider what is more important.
This world is all ready so demanding on your behaviour at school, work or whatever. Appreciate the freedom you have in your own free time and use that time for your own sake. You loose one third of your day on being serious all ready, use all the time that is left to be you.

helloimyellow
starwars sucks

Bardock42
Originally posted by helloimyellow
starwars sucks

I disagree.

fini
I agree with you disagreeing

Star wars is cool.

helloimyellow
its crap, so is lord of the rings

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by fini
I agree with you disagreeing

Star wars is cool.

Hi Fini!

Originally posted by Bespin Bart
But...then you'd be GD instead of WD. No one can take that change. stick out tongue

GD? I'd like that...

Mr Parker

I have to agree with Impediment on this wind dancer.

ILoveMyDaniel
Nice April Fools Joke, Wrathful!
I think too many people have caught on by now.

LethalFemme
Nice April Fools Joke, Wrathful!
I think too many people have caught on by now.

to this one and the mist one

ILoveMyDaniel
to this one and the mist one
yes

LethalFemme
yes

it was so obvious lol

ILoveMyDaniel
it was so obvious lol
It took be a wittle bit to catch on, but then I finally realised...there's no way.

LethalFemme
It took be a wittle bit to catch on, but then I finally realised...there's no way.

I noticed from the get go the whole thing made no sense lol

Lord Paradise

WD

NO, YOU FOOL! IT'S A TRAP!!!

Firstly, that stuff is not for younger minds. That's the negative stereotype that my nerd people and I try to destroy.

Secondly, are you happy with your life? Cause that's all that matters. No need to conform.

Thirdly, these things are better in threes.

WrathfulDwarf
Dr Phil has made a better person of me. People should watch Dr. Phil. It's a grown up step...

Vinny Valentine
Dr Phil has made a better person of me. People should watch Dr. Phil. It's a grown up step...

Are you kidding me.

this is some kind of aprils fools prank, you're pulling.

wuTa

WD

being a grownup is The Man's way of brainwashing you out of fun, i don't ever plan on growing up, the more grownup you act the more stressed out you make life to be, its funner to be more loosey goose or "childish"....as long as you can have fun and be happy with what your doing than what does it matter?....i have no plans on quitting playing vidoe games, in fact i'm gonna arrange my will where i'm buried with my xbox, noone's called me childesh, but if they do i'll be more than happy to point out there flaws of being too much of a grownup which is why there always b@tching and complaing about life which is why they look 30 yrs older than me, and that if being a "grownup" is so great than why i they already waiting for a retirement check when they haven;t even hit there 30th birthday yet

Thorinn
Why would you want to grow up, being young and carefree is awsome, ok ok, maybe a little grown up, but does that mean you need to give up on comics, video games, buying certain types of music, and alot of other stuff that you enjoy, no it doesn't, i just want to say one thing, if you feel the need to grow up, why are you still on this forum?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

KharmaDog

Good decision, this thread would have been torn up in that forum.

30 years old is not "midlife".

I think you are confusing maturity with personal interests. Many older people have interests that seem childlike, but it is their approach to them, and the rest of life, that dictates their maturity.

What do you believe is the criteria for one to behave like an adult or a man?

Posting this thread in the OTF is actually not a great start towards adulthood. Being as that most of the members of the OTF are younger than 18, it looks as though you are looking for consent from people younger than you that it is indeed time for you to behave like an adult. That is not really an adult thing to do.

I never thought of your interests as immature. This thread lends more credence to that thought than do your interests.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>