Former Village People Cop...Arrested!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) - Victor Willis, the original policeman in the 1970s disco band the Village People, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to drug possession and giving false identification to a police officer.

His arrest Sunday ended a five-month search for the former hitmaker.

Willis, 54, was pulled over by a South San Francisco police officer for a routine traffic stop but was arrested after cocaine and drug paraphernalia was found in his car, Lt. Jeff Azzopardi said.

The officer did not immediately recognize Willis, who was the subject of a bench warrant after failing to appear at his sentencing hearing on drug and weapons charges in October, police said.

(AP) In this photo provided by the San Mateo County Sheriff, Victor Willis appears in a June 2005...
Full Image

Both Willis and his companion, Staci Brandt, who also was wanted for a parole violation, initially gave false names to the officer, Azzopardi said. Willis was later identified through fingerprints.

Brandt also pleaded not guilty to the same charges Tuesday.

Both are scheduled to return to court on April 10.

Last July, Willis was arrested in Daly City for possessing cocaine. He agreed to a plea bargain that would have resulted in a prison term of no more than 16 months, but he never showed up for sentencing. His bail jumping now gives a judge the right to impose the maximum four-year, four-month sentence.

A new sentencing date for that case has not been set, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office.

Willis, who co-wrote such hits as "YMCA" and "In the Navy," left the Village People in 1980. His case was first featured on the television crime show "America's Most Wanted" in December.

laughing laughing laughing

the irony is too great to ignore

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/PEOPLE_WILLIS.sff_CAPS102_20060328192956.jpg

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/PEOPLE_WILLIS.sff_CAPS101_20060328192252.jpg

Arachnoidfreak
link me you bum!

Morgoths_Wrath
BUSTED!

Arachnoidfreak
laughing

I bet he's going to have a big boyfriend named "Bubba"

Capt_Fantastic
Isn't this typical? First you choose to be gay, then you choose to do drugs.

It's a slippery slope, and not because of the lube.

The Black Ghost
It seems to be that way.

Pandemoniac
Hahaha, so funny he gave a false name to the cops!

'Hey! Your that dude from The Village People!'
- 'Eeeeh, no I'm not!'

Well, atleast he's got lots of time to write some more songs, not to mention inspiration.

In the cellblock
Yes, it's all the sum of all your fears
In the cellblock
Yes, you can't get out for years
In the cellblock
Come on now Victor, pick up that soap
In the cellblock, in the cellblock
Can't you see you've got no hope
In the cellblock
Come on, it's the will of the motherland
In the cellblock
Come on and join your fellow man

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
It seems to be that way.

doesn't it? You backwards retard.

Duh! Like there's a forward thinking retard?

meep-meep
Ironic indeed but very predictable in that another former celbrity while now become the butt of many jokes. That is just hilarious that someone who was moderately famous is now behind bars. I mean I and apparentely a few others here get no kick greater than laughing at people who succeded in life only to lose it all and end up in prison. Just hilarious. I feel so good about myself now.

WrathfulDwarf
I agree this is way too Ironic....was he arrested at the Y M C A?

*disco dance*

Wesker
Next the Indian will be busted for gambling and the Construction worker laid off.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

Quite amusing...

GCG
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

lollers !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.