Darkseid vs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Darkseid vs Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Jack of Hearts, Terrax, and Ganymede.... Can the present day Darkseid overcome all of these opponents or will they pig pile him?

CaptainStoic
He looks a lot like Terrax in that picture.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Can the present day Darkseid

Present day Darkseid? No. They will overwhelm him with their raw speed.

CaptainStoic
I had to say present day because some people may think that I'm talking about one of his Avatars, or they may bring up the Darkseid of 20 years ago. I'm talking about the real Darkseid that is portrayed in comics today, and that was last seen hanging around on the Source wall. Just so that no one is confused.

Wally West
Theres no way he can beat all those at once, the one placed in the Source wall got beat badly by Superman near the sun, and I doubt even he could take all those guys.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Darkseid vs Gladiator, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Jack of Hearts, Terrax, and Ganymede.... Can the present day Darkseid overcome all of these opponents or will they pig pile him?

laughing

Everyone of these guys except maybe Jack of Hearts (still a good possibility though) can beat him solo... All of them at once and he doesn't even get a shot off before he dies.

evil face

Juntai
Omega Beams should still work.
Even in more recent appearances they have showed the ability to transform an aspect of death/void into a human child. And teleport still works.

They just don't work on Superman anymore for some reason. These guys aren't so lucky.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Juntai
Omega Beams should still work.
Even in more recent appearances they have showed the ability to transform an aspect of death/void into a human child. And teleport still works.

They just don't work on Superman anymore for some reason. These guys aren't so lucky.

But they are too fast, and too many. Try again

Sixth_Winged
I don't think his power reserves on being able to do wiping out on this numerous amounts of opponents would be enough. 1 or 2 sure, but all of them? going against him at once? hell no. There's even the chance of his OE or finders being redirected due to the prescence of Silver Surfer (cause pc firestorm was able to)

GODSCRIBE
Bingo

Juntai
He hardens time and space around them and holds them in place like he did to Ares who had the full power of the Godwave. Ares + Godwave is leagues beyond these guys.

There's too many options here.

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I don't think his power reserves on being able to do wiping out on this numerous amounts of opponents would be enough. 1 or 2 sure, but all of them? going against him at once? hell no. There's even the chance of his OE or finders being redirected due to the prescence of Silver Surfer (cause pc firestorm was able to) His Omega Effect has shown to be able to traverse space/time and dimensions, and can lock onto any object and only that said object.

Sixth_Winged
And BRB's hammer has been shown to absorb energy directed at him and redirect it. There's really no point in saying it's unescapable cause there is so many factors being left out and even if it were, that's still only one who is gonna get wiped out while the rest would try to dogpile him.

Juntai
And BRB's hammer has been shown to absorb energy directed at him. There's really no point in saying it's unescapable cause there is so many factors being left out and even if it were, that's still only one who is gonna get wiped out while the rest would try to dogpile him. Not if they're held in place, as I said before. If he can do it to a God with the Godwave, he can do it to these guys.

And I'm not so sure the Omega Effect counts as an energy. Or at least it's definately not a typical energy. No one that I know of has absorbed it to date.

Sixth_Winged
he didn't do the OE wipeout to Ares. OE wipeout is his final card he can play with and it seems to drain him of his power reserves quite much. He entrapped him but the effect was different and it's still only one target who suffered against a stealth attack by DS. Do you think he can take him head on with Godwave with him knowing he's gonna strike?

TheKahn
He hardens time and space around them and holds them in place like he did to Ares who had the full power of the Godwave. Ares + Godwave is leagues beyond these guys.

There's too many options here.

yes

Assuming these guys don't borrow Superman's jobber aura they should all lose, considering that Darksied kills entire pantheons of gods (including Skyfaters) for fun.

GODSCRIBE
He hardens time and space around them

Err. Surfer does the same then. He'll transmute the environment around him.

Juntai
he didn't do the OE to a god. he entrapped him but the effect was different and it's still only one target who suffered against a stealth attack by DS. Do you think he can take him head on with Godwave with him knowing he's gonna strike? No, but that's irrelivent, given that Ares with the Godwave is leagues above these guys as well. And likely leagues above without the Godwave either. The point is, that he trapped a being tapping into the source of all power. His Omega Effect has turned an aspect of death/void into a child. He has erased from existance, ressurected with it. His TOUCH if he wills it, has killed New Gods.

GODSCRIBE
Does the OE work on people when they are intangible?

Juntai
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Err. Surfer does the same then. He'll transmute the environment around him. Darkseid teleports dude.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Darkseid didn't transmute the environment, he just wrapped the fabric of reality around him.

Juntai
Does the OE work on people when they are intangible? Yep.
Secret was an intangible being, it worked fine on her.

Sixth_Winged
Ares with Godwave is leagues beyond these guys and i wouldn't discount that, but the way he was defeated basically was with stealth something DS doesn't have here. Like I asked you a while ago, Do you think Darseid could take Ares head on with the godwave and without stealth?

And when was his death touch available when he was battling superman?

GODSCRIBE
Darkseid teleports dude.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Err yeah, so does Surfer. He shunts the OE into a different dimension, and sends Darkseid there as well.

GODSCRIBE
Yep.
Secret was an intangible being, it worked fine on her.

Was she intangible while it worked on her??????

Juntai
Was she intangible while it worked on her?????? She was an intangible being, not a being that's intangible. lol.

Juntai
Err yeah, so does Surfer. He shunts the OE into a different dimension, and sends Darkseid there as well. Nope, OE traverses dimension and time/space, and either way, he can teleport back. Darkseid LIVES in a different dimension. lol.

Surfer is not going to get out of time/space wrapping around him, if it held a God, it would hold him.

Sixth_Winged
No, but that's irrelivent, given that Ares with the Godwave is leagues above these guys as well. And likely leagues above without the Godwave either. The point is, that he trapped a being tapping into the source of all power. His Omega Effect has turned an aspect of death/void into a child. He has erased from existance, ressurected with it. His TOUCH if he wills it, has killed New Gods.

Dude, you just went in circles and repeated the same post with very little changes.

How is that irrelevant? I asked you the question a while ago and if you can give me the answer if DS would indeed win that and provide reason, then and only then will I consider my possible folly in even bringing that up.

And i am perfectly aware of PC darkseid's feats

Juntai
Ares with Godwave is leagues beyond these guys and i wouldn't discount that, but the way he was defeated basically was with stealth something DS doesn't have here. Like I asked you a while ago, Do you think Darseid could take Ares head on with the godwave and without stealth?

And when was his death touch available when he was battling superman? Jobbed to Superman. Nothing he brings to the table seems to work on Superman besides teleportation. Needless to say the whole Superman/Batman fight was crap. Wonder Woman deflected them back into his face!? Please. He can DIRECT WHERE THEY GO. Maybe AROUND the wrists!? Or THROUGH them? Since they've been shown to lock onto targets regardless of obstruction before? Certainly AWAY from your face!His other appearances prove what he's capable of.

Also, he was handling Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Superman at the same time, then suddenly Superman grabs him, and drags him through space and he doesn't react, until they're in the middle of the sun?

And no, he couldn't beat these Ares with the Godwave without it. That's a God, tapping the source of all power. Galactus probably couldn't even defeat Ares head on in such a situation.

Sixth_Winged
Jobbed to Superman. Nothing he brings to the table seems to work on Superman besides teleportation. Needless to say the whole Superman/Batman fight was crap. Wonder Woman deflected them back into his face!? Please. He can DIRECT WHERE THEY GO. Maybe AROUND the wrists!? Or THROUGH them? Since they've been shown to lock onto targets regardless of obstruction before? Certainly AWAY from your face!His other appearances prove what he's capable of.

Also, he was handling Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Superman at the same time, then suddenly Superman grabs him, and drags him through space and he doesn't react, until they're in the middle of the sun?

And no, he couldn't beat these Ares with the Godwave without it. That's a God, tapping the source of all power. Galactus probably couldn't even defeat Ares head on in such a situation.

Or they could have been deflected before by....firestorm... Or WW's bracelet or Supergirl escaping from it in the S/B arc by teleportation.

So now you've answered my question, now go back and re-read our discussion about him not having the element of surprise and not having to fight multiple enemies and expecting to wipe them all out before they come close.

GODSCRIBE
Nope, OE traverses dimension and time/space, and either way, he can teleport back. Darkseid LIVES in a different dimension. lol.

Surfer is not going to get out of time/space wrapping around him, if it held a God, it would hold him.

It's still a linear attack. While it's busy traversing time/space, trying to catch a being moving beyond the speed of light, the other heralds decimate him. smile

Juntai
Or they could have been deflected before by....firestorm... Or WW's bracelet or Supergirl escaping from it in the S/B arc by teleportation.

So now you've answered my question, now go back and re-read our discussion. And once they were reflected by a shovel. But we don't take those lowest showings into account, since forum rules state optimum fighting capacity. It has been shown that they traverse time/space/dimension and go through any object. It's still a viable arguement. Go back and reread the discussion.

Sixth_Winged
And so is it only affecting one person at a time and draining him much so. If it's redirected to him, that would weaken him almost to a point of Superman's level and we know just how much versatility is packed in this team.

Juntai
And so is it only affecting one person at a time and draining him much so. If it's redirected to him, that would weaken him almost to a point of Superman's level and we know just how much versatility is packed in this team. I'm not saying it's impossible for the team to win, but if Darksied brings everything he's shown to be able to do, he's far more than a match for the team. And should win most encounters. Even in his commonly showed weakened form.
Remember, in Our Worlds at War, a completely drained and tired Darkseid was still way too much for Superman. He whooped him like 3 times in that storyarc.

Sixth_Winged
I know and i have the arc too(in fact, i posted the scans here), but that's only superman he's fighting and not a team packed with:

-3 heralds, 2 of which is high end
-A more badass superman ripoff
-A more badass Thor,
-Ganymede and Jack of hearts......well she doesn't really bring anything new to this fight other than get killed. I think you got the two prime contestants for getting wiped out evil face

Of course Darkseid would'nt get stomped without a fight. But given this unnerving roster for a team, i find it unlikely he could finish a fight without getting severely drained

Juntai
I know and i have the arc too(in fact, i posted the scans here), but that's only superman he's fighting and not a team packed with:

-3 heralds, 2 of which is high end
-A more badass superman ripoff
-A more badass Thor,
-Ganymede and Jack of hearts......well she doesn't really bring anything new to this fight other than get killed. I think you got the two prime contestants for getting wiped out evil face

Of course Darkseid would'nt get stomped without a fight. But given this unnerving roster for a team, i find it unlikely he could finish a fight without getting severely drained I can agree with a lot of that and accept it as a viable outcome. I certainly wouldn't consider Gladiator more badass than Supes though, he does have a couple real high end feats, but his issue to issue performance doesn't warrant much against a guy who beats or nears his entire history top feats on the regular.

CaptainStoic
Imagine this;
Beta Ray Bill: With his hammer destroyed a meteor twice the size of Giant Stadium with one hit; was driven through a planet, and was still able to continue on. Without any weapons he was able to overcome Thor that had possession of "Mjolnir" in their first battle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill

Morg: With the combined power of The Waters of Life, mixed with the power Cosmic, was able to single handedly throw all of Galactus' Heralds around like toys, with just the power cosmic he KO'ed Silver Surfer easily.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morg

Silver Surver:
He can generate beams of energy with sufficient destructive force to annihilate a planet. The Surfer possesses vast superhuman strength, allowing him to lift in excess of 100 tons. He can additionally increase his physical strength with the Power Cosmic, enabling him to move virtually limitless amounts of mass. In addition, his body can move and react at superhuman velocities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer

Terrax:
Like all of Galactus' Heralds, Terrax can increase his power by absorbing ambient energies, Terrax has the ability to manipulate rock like substances, and transmute them in in numerous way. Terrax like other beings tweaked by Galactus he can take massive amounts of punishment. While being weaker than the Silver Surfer he is still quite powerful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrax

Gladiator:
flight, invulnerability, vast super-strength, super-speed, super-intellect, super-breath, super-hearing, vision powers including x-ray vision, heat vision, telescopic vision. Powers based on will power. He once lifted and supported the entire Baxter Building, indicating that he is capable of lifting far beyond 100 tons. This strength level places him in the same strength-class with physical powerhouses such as The Hulk, Juggernaut, Thor, Hercules, and a few others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_%28Shi%27ar%29

Jack of Hearts:
able to generate bursts of energy in the form of concussive force, intense heat, or propeling force that enables him to fly. He was also capable of absorbing energy from other sources. He possesed superhuman levels of healing and endurance and could survive unprotected in space. Although he only had normal intelligence, his thinking capacity was enhanced by a scanning device which gave his thought processes the speed and efficiency of a highly advanced computer. Jack also had superhuman strength
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Jack_of_Hearts

Ganymede:
Enhanced strength, speed and agility, flight and the ability to channel energy blasts through her staff. Ganymede, along with Tyrant's other hostages, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Morg, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator and Jack of Hearts escaped their imprisonment and attacked Tyrant together, only to fail miserably.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganymede_%28comics%29

Together these guys will put Darkseid down. Perhaps someone should launch a poll, to make it official.

CaptainStoic
Darkseid:
Darkseid also possesses strength, speed, and stamina rivalling that of his Marvel counterpart, Thanos. He has overpowered the demon Etrigan, and Lobo hurt his hand by punching Darkseid's face.

Darkseid has the ability to transmute matter. He turned Ol-Vir, a Daxamite, into dust, soap into dirt, and Slo-bo into a statue. He can teleport. He also has mind control greater than that of Sleez. According to Orion, he can travel through time as easily as any god. He can create life, as he did when he created Stayne.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.