The Maestro vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who wins this one

Savage Hulk has already beaten the Gladiator before

so... how the chances for Gladiator to win this combat ?

juggernaut66666
he has no chance since he got troubles with handling colossus and gambit and thor has beaten him up pretty bad and he admited that thor was to powerfull for him

Maestro10/10

GODSCRIBE
Hulk beating Gladiator is PIS.

Unless he can find the radiation Glads in vulnerable to, Hulk loses.

Gladiator 9/10

Horrificus
Maestro, 10/10

He is levels above Glads in strength, intelligence, durability.

GODSCRIBE
Not speed and flight though, which is how Gladiator wins this fight.

He splits Hulk in half with his lasers.

grey fox
Originally posted by Horrificus
Maestro, 10/10

He is levels above Glads in strength, intelligence, durability.

laughing

So Maestro can rips stars apart ?

Betageuze
Gladiator is awesome.... isnt he build.. as equivalent .. to DCs superman ?

but i also doubt, that he can beat the Maestro

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Betageuze
Gladiator is awesome.... isnt he build.. as equivalent .. to DCs superman ?

but i also doubt, that he can beat the Maestro

Gladiator doesn't even need to fight him physically, thats what you dont understand. He just stands at a distance and rips a hole through Hulk's head and his heart. Or he carries him into space. And when he's speedblitzing ever nanosecond how the hell is Hulk gonna even see him?

Gladiator wins every time.

Betageuze
Gladiator has tried this before ... against Savage Hulk.... and this has not worked....

so how in the hell.. this would work against the Maestro.. ?

Horrificus
Originally posted by grey fox
laughing

So Maestro can rips stars apart ?

No, and neither can Gladiator. The GAMMA Radiation would kill him! wink
Oh, that is unless you want to ignore that.
And, none of these exotic powers have saved him while he has been beaten by everybody from Thor to Cannonball.

Or, am I wrong about all of these things?

Horrificus
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Gladiator doesn't even need to fight him physically, thats what you dont understand. He just stands at a distance and rips a hole through Hulk's head and his heart. Or he carries him into space. And when he's speedblitzing ever nanosecond how the hell is Hulk gonna even see him?

Gladiator wins every time.

The same way everybody else that his pounded him into hamburger has seen him.

juggernaut66666
And, none of these exotic powers have saved him while he has been beaten by everybody from Thor to Cannonball.

don't forget gambitbig grinbig grin

GODSCRIBE

Wolverine has stalemated Hulk, so whats your point? Yes, Gladiator jobs this isnt anything new. But he will burn a hole through Hulks head, or toss him into space to die. If everyone agrees that Hulk loses to Superman, then he loses to Glads.

grey fox
Damn straight , and hulk gives of Gamma radiation in INCREDIBLY small amounts....

spideycarnage
7/10 glads.
if glads fight without super speed, which he normally doesnt, Maestro wins, super speed is involved glads takes this easily.

soleran30
Gladiator BFR's Maestro!

Validus
Gladiator without much trouble.

Redatom65
Maestro 11/10

Horrificus
I don't understand where you guys are coming up with this Gladiator win. He has trouble against everybody that the Maestro is greater than.
His eyebeams did not stop the Hulk, and Thor has lost to the Hulk, and Thor is too much for Glads also.
So, I don't see how Maestro loses. And you guys constantly chanting the words "speedblitz" and "eye laser" doesn't change anything.
Yes, Glads has cool powers. But, yes, again, he loses A LOT.

Crease
Glads should win 10/10. The way he jobs it probably be more like Maestro 8/10.

soleran30
I don't understand where you guys are coming up with this Gladiator win. He has trouble against everybody that the Maestro is greater than.
His eyebeams did not stop the Hulk, and Thor has lost to the Hulk, and Thor is too much for Glads also.
So, I don't see how Maestro loses. And you guys constantly chanting the words "speedblitz" and "eye laser" doesn't change anything.
Yes, Glads has cool powers. But, yes, again, he loses A LOT.

LOL his heat vision melted the hulk's chest and almost killed him before the hulks hands gut in the way and all of a sudden his hands were immune to the power.

meep-meep
If Gladiator uses a smart and distanced aproach or speed blitzes then he wins it but I get the feeling he might try to take Maestro head on. In that case Maestro out powers him. Gladiator 7/10 if he fights smart.

Horrificus
Originally posted by soleran30
LOL his heat vision melted the hulk's chest and almost killed him before the hulks hands gut in the way and all of a sudden his hands were immune to the power.

It still happened.
And Maestro is the toughest of the Hulks.

soleran30
It still happened.
And Maestro is the toughest of the Hulks.

great so instead of just heat beaming his chest he can open it up and heat vision his entire body that should fix any PIS/CIS.

Horrificus
great so instead of just heat beaming his chest he can open it up and heat vision his entire body that should fix any PIS/CIS.

Um... yeah.

Speedblitz, heat vision, blah, blah, blah.
You guys are so right. I am wrong. He can't beat Cannonball, but he can beat Maestro. Excellent logic!

It doesn't matter what powers he has, if he can't fight for crap.
He loses. Period. Until he starts beating more high-level guys, it doesn't matter what he can do.
Maybe he has a complex or something.
Ain't my problem.

mighty adam
gladiator power is based on willpower. he is only as great as he think he is. thats why superman and thor plus other can beat him. maestro is like hulk but much smarter and better.

soleran30
well if gladiator can move 100 times the speed of light let me help you here.......................Maestro is gonna be cold and alone in space..........Whats he gonna do punch glads.............move out of the way cuz yeah he is fast enough to dodge light beams in the atmosphere lolsmile

Horrificus
well if gladiator can move 100 times the speed of light let me help you here.......................Maestro is gonna be cold and alone in space..........Whats he gonna do punch glads.............move out of the way cuz yeah he is fast enough to dodge light beams in the atmosphere lolsmile

Yeah, he uses that strategy a lot!
NOT!
Just give it up. It doesn't happen.
He doesn't do it, and there must be a reason for it.
And that 100 times the speed of light thing. He doesn't do that in fights. He hasd been able to fly at starship speeds, but his fighting speeds have not been clocked at 100 times the speed of light.
As a matter of FACT, a lot of what gets said about him in this forum, has never actually been seen. It is a lot of stuff that he says he can do, and a lot of other stuff that forum members say he can do.

Maestro wins. He is more durable, faster, more experienced and stronger than the Hulk that beat him.
Anything else you are saying, has not been proven. I am going on his record, the use of his powers and his past feats. You are going on your imagination, heresay, unrealistic optimism and wishful thinking.

soleran30
Actually no I am not Lucid Lui make a smok'n Gladiator respect thread..................everything I have said can be backed by this here I'll throw you a bone its a great respect thread.

With the exception of BFR through super speed but get over the maestro he cannot fly he gets punched by a buy that can pick up a 35 story building he has no where to go but upsmile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=369265&pagenumber=9#post6247282

don't cry to hard after reading feats and realizing Maestro will shat himself with Glads schmoking him so hard.

Horrificus
Actually no I am not Lucid Lui make a smok'n Gladiator respect thread..................everything I have said can be backed by this here I'll throw you a bone its a great respect thread.

With the exception of BFR through super speed but get over the maestro he cannot fly he gets punched by a buy that can pick up a 35 story building he has no where to go but upsmile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=369265&pagenumber=9#post6247282

don't cry to hard after reading feats and realizing Maestro will shat himself with Glads schmoking him so hard.

Man!
After reading that respect thread for Gladiator, I have changed my mind.
He is even weaker than I thought.
Maestro wins even easier!

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Betageuze
who wins this one

Savage Hulk has already beaten the Gladiator before

so... how the chances for Gladiator to win this combat ?

If we are to believe Maestro himself, then only Thor could have stopped him. I think Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, and a few others such as the Gladiator could have done it as well, not to mention a long list of "bad guys" like Thanos, who would easily have their way with him. Some of these guys have has ripped apart planets and survived passing through stars. A star is basically a huge continuous nuclear explosion. So, unless the writer is shamelessly pandering to Hulk fans, as Marvel has often done, Gladiator wins.

Lucid Lui
According to the Forum Rules, we use the optimum showing for each participant when we debate. We don't count PIS or SvFL (Which is pretty much what the Hulk/Gladiator fight was, but i can see you won't admit that so for your sake i'll also use it as an example aswell).

Ok, so Gladiator's optimal strength showings have him destroying a planet with ease, lifting the Baxter Building, carrying a massive Shi'ar ship, casually moving asteroids and lifting trains and being said to hit with enough power to lay low a city.

His optimal speed showings have him clocked at 100 times the speed of flight, travelling through hyper-space un-aided, continuosly operating at a speed where nothing else appears to be moving at all under his own power (Thor, Iron Man and the FF were using tech to acheive this) and speed-blitzing Thor, Nova and Cannonball among others.

His optimal durability showings have him flying through the heart of a star millions of miles wide, surviving and containing a blast of almost nova proportions, taking two eyebeams from Tyrant and still standing, taking a shitload (and i mean a hell of alot) of damage from both normal Thor and Masterson Thor and being conscious a few panels later. Not to mention a whisper from Black Bolt directly into Gladiator's ear only took him out of the fight for a few pages.

Now, if all that's not enough, Gladiator still has his heat vision which has been compared to stars, matched Tyrant's eyebeams and burnt through Hulk's chest (though his hand was somehow fine roll eyes (sarcastic) ). Gladiator also has his incredible lung powers which he could easily use to freeze the air around Maestro.

Every single thing i've mentioned here can be seen in the Gladiator Respect Thread.

OK now, Horrificus, could you please tell me just how Meastro is going to defeat Gladiator?

Well of course, let's use the Hulk/Gladiator fight. If Gladiator decides to simply slug it out with Maestro (as in, fight like an idiot), he'll probably lose (especially if there's a reactor around which just happens to have the radiation Gladiator is vulnerable to).

So there's a way Maestro could win. If we completely ignore most of Gladiator's abilities and use his vulnerability against.

So, what are Maestro's optimum showings? Do they compare? Please tell me a viable way for Maestor to win. Then please tell me how exactly Maestro would defeat Gladiator more times than not.

guy222
maestro

robibrk
Maestro, the king!

here can you read more:

Horrificus
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

OK now, Horrificus, could you please tell me just how Meastro is going to defeat Gladiator?

Well of course, let's use the Hulk/Gladiator fight. If Gladiator decides to simply slug it out with Maestro (as in, fight like an idiot), he'll probably lose (especially if there's a reactor around which just happens to have the radiation Gladiator is vulnerable to).

So there's a way Maestro could win. If we completely ignore most of Gladiator's abilities and use his vulnerability against.

So, what are Maestro's optimum showings? Do they compare? Please tell me a viable way for Maestor to win. Then please tell me how exactly Maestro would defeat Gladiator more times than not.

I believe Maestro is one of the few character's in the MU that would actually know how to capitalzie on Gladiator's Achiles Heal. His self-confidence.
Maestro is brilliant, and HAS been shown to play excellent head games. I think he would be able to ensure that Gladiator is not in complete control of his own hype.
On top of that, as much as I hate to say it, because I dispise when other Hulk fans say it, if we are talking about the most optimistic rendition of Maestro, he has access LIMITLESS strength.
But, I don't really want to go there. it opens up a whole bag of worms that I would rather not even look at.
So, let's stick to his mind, strategies, strength and experience.

I think Maestro ends up ripping the head, literally off, of a weakened, insecure Gladiator.

janus77
if he can grab him, Maestro wins. no contest.
why he would be able to grab a FTL flyer, I don't know no expression.

as for the H-V stuff, doubt it'll achieve anything than pissing off Maestro Hulk, perhaps Maestro will release a little of the gamma waves that WWH showed... that could definitely bring down a flyer.

KK the Great

Yes you are. All of them.

Thanks for playing.

starlock
Maestro for the win

People claiming hulk vs gladiator is p.i.s does not make it so

KK the Great
Originally posted by starlock
Maestro for the win

People claiming hulk vs gladiator is p.i.s does not make it so

No, but it being so certainly makes it so.

starlock
Originally posted by KK the Great
No, but it being so certainly makes it so.

I have the comic and read it, to me no p.i.s was involved in the beating gladiator took

So since i disagree does it make me right? c.i.s is allowed and if anything that is gladiaotr's problem

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

Now dont that fit gladiators profile better than p.i.s, or jobbed, the comics always make reference to his confidence and well hulk thru him a beating, just my opinon

KK the Great
I have the comic and read it, to me no p.i.s was involved in the beating gladiator took

Then I can officially ignore your opinion as being thoroughly worthless from here on out.

Thanks for being an open book, champ.

Mr. Slippyfist
Apparently falling back to Earth will hurt Gladiator severely... ermm

And somehow... someway... Hulk knew that radiation was Gladiator's weakness.
Now, I know he was beat before that, but still... really makes the comic a valid source.

Gladiator also wasn't that hurt when Tyrant hit him in the face with HV...

But as long as Hulk won, it was a great comic.

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/seinfeld01.jpg

wins

starlock
Then I can officially ignore your opinion as being thoroughly worthless from here on out.

Since you dont know enough about comics that to at least understand gladiator falls under c.i.s rather then p.i.s, i can ignore your opinon since its thoroughly worthless from here on out........why come here if not to debate? oh wait that what people do when they cant reply to the points brought up, they ignore and reply with insults lol

Thanks for showing your lack of debating skills chump

Rewmac
Aren't the vs forums rules that every character fights as his best unless specified not?

starlock
Originally posted by Rewmac
Aren't the vs forums rules that every character fights as his best unless specified not?

It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise . That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels

This is why classic molecule man and gladiator fail so much

Horrificus

Seriously, shouldn't you just be somewhere, being silent, and not touching keyboards?

You have posted a bunch of times to this thread, yet you have said nothing.

So, here's a tip, "Ass Clown", getcherself a dictionary, practice up on your communication skills, and come back when you have something to add, other than your lame, pseudo-Jim Carey wise-acre, think I'm sharp, cousin kissing, dog-ass-sniffing, somebody please rush me to the "Hamster Removal Department" of the hospital, sorry excuse for humor.

Thanks Chief! Don't you go changing! big grin

KK the Great
Since you dont know enough about comics that to at least understand gladiator falls under c.i.s rather then p.i.s, i can ignore your opinon since its thoroughly worthless from here on out........why come here if not to debate? oh wait that what people do when they cant reply to the points brought up, they ignore and reply with insults lol

Thanks for showing your lack of debating skills chump

How about you begin by explaining which part of *Gladiator's character* accounts for the convenient nuclear reactor, conveniently containing the exact wavelength Gladiator is weak against, located conveniently near where the fight was taking place, ready to be used when the Hulk conveniently guessed Gladiator's weakness?

What part of Gladiator's character caused that?

Could you explain it to me?

If it's not too inconvenient?

KK the Great
Seriously, shouldn't you just be somewhere, being silent, and not touching keyboards?

You have posted a bunch of times to this thread, yet you have said nothing.

So, here's a tip, "Ass Clown", getcherself a dictionary, practice up on your communication skills, and come back when you have something to add, other than your lame, pseudo-Jim Carey wise-acre, think I'm sharp, cousin kissing, dog-ass-sniffing, somebody please rush me to the "Hamster Removal Department" of the hospital, sorry excuse for humor.

Thanks Chief! Don't you go changing! big grin

This may come as a shock, but I don't find it particularly engaging to discuss a fight with people who are brazenly ignorant on one of the characters involved.

When your contribution to the debate can be summarized as "omg gladitre got bets by canonbal lol!!1" you can't be surprised when I don't take you seriously enough for a real response.

Horrificus
This may come as a shock, but I don't find it particularly engaging to discuss a fight with people who are brazenly ignorant on one of the characters involved.

When your contribution to the debate can be summarized as "omg gladitre got bets by canonbal lol!!1" you can't be surprised when I don't take you seriously enough for a real response.
Hmmm...
you said that I said
"omg gladitre got bets by canonbal lol!!1"

while, in reality, I actually said

It would seem that you are blatantly lying, as a last ditch attempt to save face after I made you look like a mere "Goofy Boy".

Well, that's ok. To be honest, I was starting to feel bad for being tough on you. You are obviously a severely challenged individual.

I can almost picture you at home, with your helmet and safety pads on, as you sit in a pile of urine stained comic books, slurping cream of wheat.

I apologize. Ohhh. Sorry.
Here, so you can understand... I sorry me made you sad. me no want to to make helmet boy sad.

Now, run along, and keep making your little animals out of diaper-goodies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rewmac
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise . That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels

This is why classic molecule man and gladiator fail so much It's funny you're trying to explain this rule to me...But also true...Gladiator is a big discussion and can be a center of a great/huge debate too.

KK the Great
Moron.

Yes, you, Horrificus.

Gladiator has never lost to Cannonball.

And are you familiar with the term summarized?

starlock
Originally posted by Rewmac
It's funny you're trying to explain this rule to me...But also true...Gladiator is a big discussion and can be a center of a great/huge debate too.

i thought you wanted the rules, so i posted them, not sure why its funny but i was not rying to insult you or anything smile

With his power tied to his confidence he never gets respect, and the fact that he jobs because of it does not help

starlock
How about you begin by explaining which part of *Gladiator's character* accounts for the convenient nuclear reactor, conveniently containing the exact wavelength Gladiator is weak against, located conveniently near where the fight was taking place, ready to be used when the Hulk conveniently guessed Gladiator's weakness?

What part of Gladiator's character caused that?

Could you explain it to me?

If it's not too inconvenient?

I am always fair and respectfull unless insulted, so sorry i dont feel the need to debate with you, you had your chance and well you just had to insult me, i post from work and its hard to find time so yes it is inconvenient

KK the Great
I am always fair and respectfull unless insulted, so sorry i dont feel the need to debate with you, you had your chance and well you just had to insult me, i post from work and its hard to find time so yes it is inconvenient

Sounds like someone's a bit of a coward.

I readily welcome your quick concession, though.

Horrificus
Moron.

Yes, you, Horrificus.

Gladiator has never lost to Cannonball.

And are you familiar with the term summarized?

Are you familiar with the term "Idiot"?

Research Before You Speak

It was, pretty much, the last X-comic I ever read.

KK the Great
Research.

That's a laugh.

I've read the comic a dozen times at the least. Sam manages to land one decent blow that Gladiator gets up from completely unharmed. It doesn't even earn Sam enough respect from Gladiator to be sent with the X-Men on their mission.

The "Cannonball beat Gladiator" myth is one that has gone on for far too long, due in no small part to the willing perpetuation by ignoramuses like yourself.

KK the Great
For the record, here's the Cannonball fight.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/4905/gladiatorvscannonball05sy.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5056/gladiatorvscannonball17pb.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9223/gladiatorvscannonball23jc.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/4466/gladiatorvscannonball35ma.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8432/gladiatorvscannonball41tu.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6572/gladiatorvscannonball54cb.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8996/gladiatorvscannonball60bv.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7636/gladiatorvscannonball71bh.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7343/gladiatorvscannonball84be.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2407/gladscannon014wx.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2822/gladscannon023wy.jpg

Gladiator is toying with Sam. The whole fight is just a diversion to gain the attention of the X-Men. Glads is in full control of the fight and clearly outclasses Sam. He could've ended it whenever he wanted to.

Eventually Sam manages to use a power he never used before and would never use again to get in one decent hit, which Gladiator pops back up from seconds later, unharmed. When all is said and done, Gladiator doesn't even consider Sam worthy of going on the mission with the other X-Men.

Horrificus
KK, KK, KK. First of all, I'm sure you have read that book a dozen times, (in order to grasp it's content). But, that's nothing to be proud of. confused

Hey. Butt Crack. I didn't say it was a good fight. I didn't say I LIKE Cannonball. I didn't need your gay scans. I have the book.
All I said, was that he beat gay Gladiator. Which he did.
Your opinion is just a steamy pile. It just doesn't matter. Go write a formal complaint to Marvel, you homo.
And, as far as playing with Sam, Gladiator even said he used his "Most Powerful Blow", and it didn't do anything.
That isn't because Sam is tough.
It isn't because Gladiator wasn't trying.
It was because Gladiator sucks, is horribly inconsitant, and, well, because Gladiator sucks.
hehe.

But, you know what? You are right! That "myth" has gone on for far too long!
I won't stand for it!
I say thee nay! ne'er shall the fine name of Gladiator be besmirched anon! KK the Great, (hailing from outraged homoville), shall lead the masses to the very steps of marvel Comics, and show those villains what the word "Dork" really means!
Go Get Em!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I literally just laughed that much at you.

KK the Great
For anyone who has been here longer than I have, does Horrificus always come off like a blathering retard, or is this something I bring out in people?

Val
For anyone who has been here longer than I have, does Horrificus always come off like a blathering retard, or is this something I bring out in people?
The former

KK the Great
Originally posted by Val
The former

I suspected as much.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Val
The former
Val, you pompous jerk!

I don't even know how to "blather".

cmack
the maestro wins

Val
Val, you pompous jerk!

I don't even know how to "blather".
My apologies. sad

Horrificus
accepted!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.