New's on wolvie movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
With all the hype focused on X-Men: The Last Stand, we may be jumping the claw a bit by sending out news of Wolverine's upcoming spin-off movie. But we know the fans love our feral friend so how could we deny them the pleasure of some Wolvie-news.

Fox Film Group President Tom Rothman, has confirmed that the Wolverine movie will be a prequel to the trilogy of X-Men movies, the last of which is due out in May 26th. How far back in time is still in question and we're sure you're all excited to hear more details. Throughout his comic history, Wolverine has a multitude stories to tell, many of them revolving around his hazy past with Weapon X. To find out where exactly Fox and Marvel Studios pull from... well we all just have to sit back and wait, but as soon as we catch wind of it, we'll pass it your way.

What da you guy's think?

skull-monkey
wolverine movie hey? Is Hugh Jackman going to take the roll? Hope so

Red Superfly
I thought the 3 X-Men movies were pretty much Wolverine, Wolverine: Strikes Back and Return Of Wolverine.

steverules
Darn I screwed up the italic.

Eternal Turmoil
I'm a bit annoyed that they make a spin-off about Wolverine. X1 wasnt so bad but X2 was just him with a few other characters splashed on for a sequel setup.

I dislike Wolvie. I think he is pretty mundance compared to the others. stick out tongue

NoFate007
I'm assuming that they'll give a lot of X-Men characters like Omega Red and Silver Samurai some sort of screen time in this. Maybe they'll throw in a little more Sabretooth or dare I say even Deadpool lol.

cain marko
that would be so cool.

NoFate007
I never really thought Silver Samurai was cool but Omega Red is, in my opinion. Deadpool probably wouldn't be in the film unless they've abandoned that idea that they were gonna give him his own movie - or they'd just give him some sort of cameo.

I think the movie's got potential. Wolverine's a character with a lot of history and a lot of weird crap that you can do. Do I think it'll be better than the X series? No. But hey, it could be a cool movie. As long as you get good writers and good directors, it should be ok. Make sure everyone that was associated with Elektra and Catwoman has to stay away from the set though lol.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by cain marko
that would be so cool.

Yeah it would.

Do you guys thank Sabretooth might be in the movie as well?

lupisnoctis1286
I would think that Sabretooth would be in the movie. He and Wolverine go together like PB&J. They don't like each other, but they are linked nonetheless. In my opinion of course.

mike059jig
Originally posted by Eternal Turmoil
I'm a bit annoyed that they make a spin-off about Wolverine. X1 wasnt so bad but X2 was just him with a few other characters splashed on for a sequel setup.

I dislike Wolvie. I think he is pretty mundance compared to the others. stick out tongue
Totally agree with you

Jimmy Buggs
Dont forget maverick, lady death strike. I wouldn't hate the idea of a stroy based on the origien story. Or at least part of the movie showing that sort of thing as an origin and showing how old wolvie really is.

I have read in interviews that Hewie Jackman will be the producer here, he wants to handle the wolvie character, he didnt get the 007 part, so Id say story wise and money making and control wolvie movie(s) would be even better for him. There are million storys to run threw. Maybe cyber he was a good villian. Weindego . Sabertooth will be in this movie and done right! (Just stay positve everyone! ) Omega red is rumored to be in X3 so maybe thats setting somthing up. Like red will be like logan we meet again(generic comment somthing like that) but they wont get into any backstory.

NoFate007
I think Omega Red was planned to be in X3 but isn't anymore. If so, it could've simply been a rumor that was for Wolverine but tied in with X3 because its the one that's coming first, you know? Could have been a little mix-up.

cain marko
jus thought as much as i wud like sabertooth to be in the movie wolverine new nothing of him in the first movie and if this is to be a prequel and they met then surely he would no who sabertooth was in the first x men movie

NoFate007
Oh yeah. Nevermind about Sabretooth then, that's unlikely.

cain marko
lol so bummed out now tho wish i hadnt thought of it lol

NoFate007
Yeah this all could have been avoided if he would have went "Him again?" or something lol.

Scarecrow756
Sounds great, lets hope it comes out in good time and it is done right.

cain marko
yea or when he was sniffing like warned rouge there was trouble or jus muffled trouble to himself

NoFate007
Yeah, anything simple would have worked. Hell even an "uh oh" lol. They could've just cut out those lines and made it so he didn't ask who he was. That would have worked too. Damn you Singer lol. Oh well, the films have been great so far - for the most part.

cain marko
yea they have we cant even have deathsrike in the wolvie movie. it will have to be like the weapon x charectors minus sabers unless he met sabers before he lost his memory

braveniler58
Same thing with Lady Deathstryke. They meet for the first time in X2.

countryfan2004
I think it would be awesome to include some sort of martial art training, so maybe Silver Samurai would show up. I think someone on the crew was tlaking about that too. Maybe we'd see Kitty or Jubes and Betsy in the movie too as his sidekicks.

Knightfall93
a great story would be Logan in search of his past, then he could have huntedd down Professor or whatever and met Sabre earlier then Logan and Creed smash through or fight somewhere and Professor talks in plural and Logan just thinks he's crazy bu then they realise...

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I thought the 3 X-Men movies were pretty much Wolverine, Wolverine: Strikes Back and Return Of Wolverine.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! laughing out loud

cain marko
refreshing

oooooo ok kaos spill on this sabertooth being in the wolvie film

Kaos sebaceous
sabertooth...............

cain marko
how will they do that though?

Originally posted by cain marko
jus thought as much as i wud like sabertooth to be in the movie wolverine new nothing of him in the first movie and if this is to be a prequel and they met then surely he would no who sabertooth was in the first x men movie

Kaos sebaceous
i think there gonna show him in weapon x and hes gonna meet sabertooth right after

cain marko
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
i think there gonna show him in weapon x and hes gonna meet sabertooth right after
ahhh cool might take a look at the cast

i thought it was gonna be a prequel but

The mutant known as Wolverine breaks off into his off spin-off film from the successful X-MEN! franchise. Hugh Jackman (X1, X2, Van Helsing) returns as Logan/ Wolverine-A mutant with regenerative powers, three claws on each hand and a skeleton all laced with the rare metal known as adamantium. Logan struggles to find the secrets to his past. After learning little information through the help of Charles Xavier (X2's Patrick Stewart), Logan takes his search even further by learning the full truth of his origin, while also heading in a bold, new direction.

suggests it isn't.

doe sthis mean cykes didnt kill sabers in x1?

Kaos sebaceous
no i meant wolverine is going to meet sabertooth in the prequel

cain marko
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
no i meant wolverine is going to meet sabertooth in the prequel

ahh ok lol

Kaos sebaceous
yea

magnuslives
Originally posted by Eternal Turmoil

i SO agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.