DE Sidious vs Kyp Durron and Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xepeyon
Sidious, Kyp and Kyle duke it out. from what I heard in a previous thread, DE Sidious is Just underneath Freedon Nadd to pose a threat to him, so I decided to put him against two of some of Luke's strongest Jedi. Who wins?

Captain REX
Sidious...

furbys are evil
kyp almost wins on his own...

Xepeyon
On his own? so Kyle isn't needed.....?

Tarvos
He is...

I'm putting my bet on Sidious.

darthsith19
Is this DN Kyp? If yes, then Kyle may not even be needed as DN Kyp is about equal to NJO Luke.

Faunus
He's not even close. There really isn't such a vast gap in power between NJO Luke and DN Luke. . .

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faunus
He's not even close. There really isn't such a vast gap in power between NJO Luke and DN Luke. . .
How is he not even close? NJO Kyp is close to NJO Luke so even if Kyp isn't any stronger in DN than he was in NJO he's still close.

tdtd
How would DN Kyp be close to NJO Luke? Kyp might be second to Luke but he's still leagues below him. In any sense I haven't seen much from Kyp that would help him in a fight with a man who can summon force storms.

darthsith19
Originally posted by tdtd
How would DN Kyp be close to NJO Luke? Kyp might be second to Luke but he's still leagues below him. In any sense I haven't seen much from Kyp that would help him in a fight with a man who can summon force storms.
Well, for one thing, when Kyp turned to the Dark Side and Luke tried to stop him, Kyp slammed Luke with energies so powerful that Luke slipped into a near-death limbo.
As a Jedi Master, Kyp is an extremely powerful figure in the Order, almost rivalling Luke Skywalker in Force powers and Lightsaber skills.

tdtd
Ok and can you specify "almost"? No. And I'm assuming you didn't read the NJO books because Kyp himself couldn't touch Luke, only with the help of Kun's spirit did he beat him down.. And at the same time neither him nor Kyle have shown abilities that would stand up to DE Sidious and his force storm. What's Kyp going to do, manipulate a black hole?

darthsith19
Ok and can you specify "almost"? No. And I'm assuming you didn't read the NJO books because Kyp himself couldn't touch Luke, only with the help of Kun's spirit did he beat him down.. And at the same time neither him nor Kyle have shown abilities that would stand up to DE Sidious and his force storm. What's Kyp going to do, manipulate a black hole?
1. Kun's spirit was only guiding Kyp. As far as I am aware Kun's spirit did not add to Kyp's power.
2. I see you havn't read NJO either. Kyp does manipultae a Black Hole near the end of NJO.

tdtd
When I referred to Kyp manipulating a black hole it wasn't sarcasm, I know he did it. And yes Kun's spirit did add to Kyp's power.

darthsith19
And yes Kun's spirit did add to Kyp's power.
Proof?

tdtd
What do you mean proof, it's in the narration, do you seriously want me to search google for the specific quote? If you do I will.

darthsith19
What do you mean proof, it's in the narration, do you seriously want me to search google for the specific quote? If you do I will.
Yes, I do.

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Well, for one thing, when Kyp turned to the Dark Side and Luke tried to stop him, Kyp slammed Luke with energies so powerful that Luke slipped into a near-death limbo.
As a Jedi Master, Kyp is an extremely powerful figure in the Order, almost rivalling Luke Skywalker in Force powers and Lightsaber skills.

That was with the added power of Kun; know the material before you argue it.

And are you honestly going to use a quote from Wiki and expect to be taken seriously?

darthsith19
That was with the added power of Kun; know the material before you argue it.

And are you honestly going to use a quote from Wiki and expect to be taken seriously?
Yes, I am. Wiki is canon as long as another source doesn't contradict it. People saying Wiki doesn't mean shit is getting really old.

Now, either provide proof that Kun's spirit added to Kyp's power or go away.

Faunus
Yes, I am. Wiki is canon as long as another source doesn't contradict it. People saying Wiki doesn't mean shit is getting really old.

Your idiocy is appalling. Disprove this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Skywalker#After_the_Battle_of_Endor

Last sentence of ''Talents.''

Or, you can go look it up in the bible that is Wiki.

Traya

Now, either provide proof that Kun's spirit added to Kyp's power or go away.

WTF? Wikipedia is bullshit. It is not listed as being a source of canon by Leland Chee, nor is it a licensed Star Wars product. And considering that it's the free encyclopedia thatanyonecan edit, you've just pwned yourself.

So STFU Noob, and go and get some comprehension skills...

darthsith19
"Because of this, some say that Luke is one of the greatest lightsaber duelists and one of the most powerful Jedi in the history of the galaxy, possibly surpassing Yoda."

I see no error there.

In other words you have no proof.

Oh, Leland Chee, I didn't know he had the power to say what was canon and what wasn't. I thought he was only in charge of the Star Wars timeline.

And not anyone can edit it, they lock some pages so they can't be edited, such as Plo Koon's. It's a Star Wars encyclopedia which follows the entire history of Star Wars. It only uses information from Star Wars books, movies, video games and stuff Lucas says. So if it's not canon then none of that stuff is, either.

Last time I checked I've been here longer than you. Noob.

Faunus
"Because of this, some say that Luke is one of the greatest lightsaber duelists and one of the most powerful Jedi in the history of the galaxy, possibly surpassing Yoda."

I see no error there.

Nice Edit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Skywalker#Talents

Just in case: ''Luke is also capable of tooling Kyp while eating a bag of popcorn.''

So for the thirty seconds in which this line exists, Luke owns.

Pitiful redirection: read the material.

"Luke is the most powerful person ever.'' Contradict that.

OMG! Plo Koon!

I'm sure the ''fact'' that Kyp Durron can rival Luke is sourced. Unlike you, Nai, myself, and Glentract have all read at least parts of the NJO and DN series. So stfu.

And yet apparently, proper terminology still escapes your grasp.

Wesker
LMAO.

Darthsith... NOOB!

Illustrious
Darthsith, wiki isn't canon. The databank isn't canon. RPG guidebooks aren't canon. No third party source is canon.

Find the actual source, or STFU.

darthsith19
LOL, okay, wiki can be used as proof then unless someone can contradict it.

Yes, it is pitiful. tdtd said he would supply a quote. And you can't supply sufficient proof either.

Who said that? That's total bs, obviously Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos and Darth Nihilus could pwn Luke.

That is true, I havn't read NJO or DN, the only pre-ROTJ book I've read is The Rruce at Bakura and four of the books from the Glove of Darth Vader series when I was younger.

stfu noob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Talk:Kyp_Durron#almost_rivalling_Luke_Skywalker_in
_Force_powers_and_Lightsaber_skills

Lets see if anyone replies.

stick out tongue

Illustrious
Okay. Can I be used as proof? Can Faunus be used as proof?

So why can a third party source like wiki be used as proof? Wiki says "Luke is one of the greatest." Provide me proof in the source that even references Luke as such.

This is silly, third party sources that have nothing to do whatsoever about the actual material is suddenly canon and can be used as proof, okay... sure.

darthsith19
The databank is canon. It can't be edited by anyone, only starwars.com mods. starwars.com is canon. Just not as canon as the movies, scripts, or George Lucas.

RPG books are S-Canon.

If you use a source to back you up.

Illustrious
The databank is canon. It can't be edited by anyone, only starwars.com mods. starwars.com is canon. Just not as canon as the movies, scripts, or George Lucas.

RPG books are S-Canon.

The databank is a third party source, the authors do not edit it. It's a reference meant to piece together canon, it's not a substitute for the actual source. The source (what is shown on-panel) is canon.

The storyline in RPG Guidebooks might be S-Canon, the RPG guide stats are N-Canon.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Illustrious
The databank is a third party source, the authors do not edit it. It's a reference meant to piece together canon, it's not a substitute for the actual source. The source (what is shown on-panel) is canon.

The storyline in RPG Guidebooks might be S-Canon, the RPG guide stats are N-Canon.
The databank is the official online databank and is canon. It is written by Pabawan, who is really Pablo Hidalgo, the editor of Star wars Insider and Paul Ens, founder of holonet news and head admin at starwars.com. Not just anyone writes them.

tdtd
I'm providing a quote for what exactly? I forgot

Deception
Darth Sith, read the last line now, i have just said that Kun would wtfpwn his ass, and that shows anyone can edit it.

tdtd you were providing a quote that Kun's spirit added to Kyp's power.

tdtd
Ohhh ok let me find it..

darthsith19
I'm providing a quote for what exactly? I forgot
You said: "What do you mean proof, it's in the narration, do you seriously want me to search google for the specific quote? If you do I will."

I said: "Yes, I do."

tdtd
A.d.d. let me find it

Darth_Glentract

LMAO! I was the one who put that line about Kyp rivaling Luke there. That must have been over a year ago. Unless you think my word is canon, you can drop that line.

thetruepower
lol. Hey Glentarct I read the Pall journal on your site. It was pretty awesome, are you going to write one about Hord?

tdtd
What's his journal site? I'm very interested in readng about Pall, and Hord.

thetruepower
It's on his sig.

Blaxican_Hydra
Darthsith, wiki isn't canon. The databank isn't canon. RPG guidebooks aren't canon. No third party source is canon.

You mom goes to clloege. no expression

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
LMAO! I was the one who put that line about Kyp rivaling Luke there. That must have been over a year ago. Unless you think my word is canon, you can drop that line.
Uh, I actually didn't get that from you. I got it from myself. And it is true, kyp didn almost kill Luke.

tdtd
Again, with the help of Kun as a spirit, if you search google for specific quotes about that NJO book you'd understand that.

darthsith19
Again, with the help of Kun as a spirit, if you search google for specific quotes about that NJO book you'd understand that.
Funny, I tought you were gonna post me a link.

tdtd
You can find it yourself, I'll look for it and will post it shortly.

darthsith19
I'll be waiting.

Blaxican_Hydra
them fightin words.

Great Vengeance

I already found the actual source, STFU NOOBLET!?!

Illustrious
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
I already found the actual source, STFU NOOBLET!?!

Yes, is that why you haven't posted once in the thread before that post?

Put the pipe down, kid.

Sintas Vel
Well, if you think the databank is canon.

He controlled Luke's most powerful student, Kyp Durron,

Keyword: controlled, not whispered in his ear. And, yes - Kyp attacked Luke, and once Kun added his own power - Luke couldn't withstand.

Great Vengeance
Yes, is that why you haven't posted once in the thread before that post?

Put the pipe down, kid.

http://stevescars.digitaloutsider.org/captain_obvious.jpg

Illustrious
Do you always post silly and irrelevant pictures when you have nothing to say?

Great Vengeance
Do you always post silly and irrelevant pictures when you have nothing to say?

Perhaps...

tdtd
Sintas Vel, thank you for proving my point. Illustrious, you're a funny man.

Faunus
*in Keira Knightley's voice*

No. He's a Jawa.

tdtd
Omg Keira Knightley, where? ::::big grinrool:::::

Faunus
*in Keira Knightley's voice*

No. He's a Jawa.

Right there. . . *smacks tdtd*

tdtd
Great now I have to pop in the King Arthur DVD and drool at her beauty.. Thanks..

Faunus
Ew. *looks disgusted*

tdtd
lol, you sure know how to ruin a mood quickly.

Wesker
That outfit does rule though.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/785/guinarcher9ew.jpg

Rayvann
I never could picture Keira Knightley as a woad... it just doesn't fit her.

Wesker
Well for one, there's no such thing as a woad. They are Picts. Secondly, she looks damn good no matter what she is.

Rayvann
Originally posted by Wesker
Well for one, there's no such thing as a woad. They are Picts. Secondly, she looks damn good no matter what she is.

I thought Picts were called woads because they used woad berries to paint their faces with blue marks before battle.

Wesker
No, that's exclusive to the movie. But the name Pict is derived from "painted peoples" and they tended to go into battle covered in little else but the woad paint.

tdtd
Shit I thought they were saying "Welt".. But to be honest, Keira Knightley could be anything she wants to be, as long as it is in the confines of my bedroom.

Wesker
Wouldn't your parents get upset about that?

Rayvann
Shit I thought they were saying "Welt".. But to be honest, Keira Knightley could be anything she wants to be, as long as it is in the confines of my bedroom.
no expression

tdtd
No, but my roommates might get jealous.

Wesker
Roommates r teh sux00rz.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Sintas Vel
Well, if you think the databank is canon.

He controlled Luke's most powerful student, Kyp Durron,

Keyword: controlled, not whispered in his ear. And, yes - Kyp attacked Luke, and once Kun added his own power - Luke couldn't withstand.
There's still no proof that Kun's power was added to Kyp's. The keyword is he controlled Kyp. Controlled, that doesn't mean his power was added to Kyp's.

tdtd
Actually there is proof Darthsith, here you go, quotes from "I, Jedi".

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/5147/exar/ijediq.htm

Illustrious

Why are we talking about Keira Knightley in bedrooms?

I can see the relationship between that and DE Sidious vs. Kyp Durron and Kyle Katarn.

Wesker
Yeah, someone's going to get raped.

darthsith19
Good job, tdtd. So how strong is Kun's spirit?

tdtd
Strong enough to throw around Coran like a rag doll, strong enough to knock Luke into a coma. Anyways I've proven that Kun's spirit made Kyp more powerful.

darthsith19
Strong enough to throw around Coran like a rag doll, strong enough to knock Luke into a coma. Anyways I've proven that Kun's spirit made Kyp more powerful.
Yes tdtd, that's why I said "Good job, tdtd." And he and Kyp together were strong enough to throw Coran around like a rag doll and to knock Luke into a coma.

tdtd
My point is you didn't believe that Kun's spirit ever helped Kyp, so I helped you out there.. That's all

darthsith19
My point is you didn't believe that Kun's spirit ever helped Kyp, so I helped you out there.. That's all
Okay. Thank you. You were right. I was wrong.

Illustrious
Yeah, someone's going to get raped.

Yeah, Keira would totally rape all the other three guys together.

Wesker
And then go on to make a movie about it.

Illustrious
Probably, you know, feminism... rawr!

Wesker
"Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Ladies".

Lightpurses become the herald of jedi doom.

Illustrious
Lightpurses would so own lightsabers.

Wesker
Far more versatile. And they come with accessories.

tdtd
STOP TALKING ABOUT KEIRA. YOU DON"T KNOW HER MAN SHES AWESOME!

Wesker
Sith Ladies also have decorative holocrons, too.

Illustrious
Yeah, and they have cooler looking Sith Amulets.

Wesker
They have enough jewelry to make Naga Sadow look barren.

Illustrious
Indeed, and they have the ultimate weapon: Sith Makeup.

Wesker
Yeah. Have you seen the pics for Darth Traya a la Atris? Woot...

Illustrious
Indeed, the powers of Sith Makeup are awesome.

Wesker
It is said that in his youth, Artoo dabbled in Sith Makeup.

Illustrious
Artoo is too uber even for Sith makeup.

Wesker
Yeah, he trascended that. Even a cadre of Sith Ladies armed with lightpurses and Sith makeup couldn't phase his greatness.

Rayvann
You guys frighten me sometimes...

Wesker
Silence, nonbeliever.

*Sends Artoo Acolytes after Rayvann*

Rayvann
Silence, nonbeliever.

*Sends Artoo Acolytes after Rayvann*

*runs*

darthsith19
tdtd, I was reading stuff from the link you provided. Kyp alone bounced Lke off the corridor wall and got Luke halfway to the floor. It wasn't until after that that Kun arrived to help Kyp.

"...I felt another presence. Not strongly, but it was there and it helped Kyp's next attack pack a wallop."

So you see, Kyp's first attack was only his power, not Kun's, and he got the best of Luke with his first attack.

tdtd
You're misreading, because those are quotes from Coran, not Luke. He was able to somewhat move Coran and Coran responded with "You're good Kyp but not that good". Then he felt another presence in the room as if Kyp's new mentor was guiding him, and the next force push sent him flying.

darthsith19
You're misreading, because those are quotes from Coran, not Luke. He was able to somewhat move Coran and Coran responded with "You're good Kyp but not that good". Then he felt another presence in the room as if Kyp's new mentor was guiding him, and the next force push sent him flying.
Oh, okay. I thought it was Luke. Never mind.

mikester
what is kyp's full name?

Razielim
Kyp Durron.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.