Followers of the High King ((Skeletal Mari))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esaul
((when i have someone speak in italicts, then the character is not important. if it isn't in italicts, then the character is important. Role play from where you are from.))

Salnor

Twas the third night of the onslaught, as you and your men fight vigorously to slow down the on coming attack. What was it that drove those foul beast so viciously to make them want to kill hundreds of innocent people? The king of the land, Falor commanded that all available men set forth to the walls of Jala, to protect the lands. This, you and your comrades knew was a foolish attempt at something you knew would go wrong. You had tried to protest with the others, but he would not listen to your reasoning. You had no choice but to listen to your lord's commands.

"Hold your ground you men of Salnor!" spoke the warlord loudly. "We shall fight until the bitter end. You shall not let your swords fall from your hand. Do not let the shattering of your shields slow you down my brethren. Fight for your cause, the cause of being free!" exclaimed the man. "What say you sons and daughters of Gowarla? Shall you fight for your freedom, or run as cowards with tails between your legs?"

As the warlord spoke, the men charged toward the on coming crowd of varders, orcs, and other creatures. Dragons were in the air, swooping down, grabbing men with their claws. You did not fear the them at all. You were a man, you showed no fear. You and your companions raced to battle, carrying your shield, and wearing no armour, and carrying no shield. This was how it had to be. This was the beginning of the end for your people of Salnor.

Pasara

"-we are people of peace Ambassador." spoke a female elf as you and your friends sat down at a council hearing. "We shall not take place in your war."

This was the same thing day in and day out for your people, and it got tiring. The elves of Pasara were a free nation, taking no side in the war at all, and yet people still requested your people to aide them in the war against the Dark Lord, or in this case the High King.

"My Lord will be very displeased with your decision." spoke the Ambassador, turning around to look at where you and your kin were sitting. "I shall return, but I shall not be alone.

"Threaten us do you?" asked one elf, standing up, taking his bow out. "We shall not take in to threats under the eyes of Ithrail. Bring none of your men with you, for if you shall, I shall be the one to set this arrow into thy heart."

"Peace Elmari." said the female elf to the one with the bow. "This council is now dismissed."

Getting up, you and your friends head outside to the city of Kala, a city that was built out of trees, and anything else that the people who could find that was from nature. This was not the time to take a break though. Their was many a things to do. For one, the council has given you a quest to travel to the capital of Quar, Quarathian City, though it is feared that the man could speak true about the men coming. No one knew how far his fleet was, or how many he had broughten. For now, you and your kin thought it would be safe to travel the forest for a bit, doing whatever you wanted for the time being.

((For this, just role play almost whatever you want, until i start narrating this again.))

Emmar

Swords lay forgotten as you and your companions enter the Forest of Salnur. It is pitch dark in the Forest, and as you walk on with your kin, you realize how grave of a mistake it was to enter the Forest. Was it worth the lives that you have to enter the Forest just for the shard that is rumored to be in there? How could it be so, that it so happened that the shard was only within a fortnight's journey from the capital of Quar? You could sense foul play, but how could it be foul play? Who would want to lure you and your kin away from Quarathian City?

Crack

Something moved to the left of you and your companion. What it was you do not know. It could be anything, from a wild animal to a varder, but all you knew was that you had to be on your guard.

"Halt my good friends." spoke the Wizard Ithrandir. "Something is astray."

The wizard walked ahead, carrying his staff. He was an old wizard, but a wizard nonetheless. He was the lord of wizards, yet no one knew that at all. They all knew him as the wizard of the First Order, nothing more than that.

"Give light to a torch, so I may see what is in front of me."

Wild Cherry
Kei in Pasara { just so no one gets confused smile }

Kei listened closley to the voices in the distance...those elves, always so overly dramatic. Much to emotional for her taste. She had attended the damnded meeting, hidden in the shadows, of course, and now they wanted a quest? 'As if.' she thought.

Something cold and wet touched her small hand, causing her to withdraw it quickly. Her eyes wondered down to find the steady gaze of the female wolf, Iyika, rested upon Keis fragile face. She sighed. Cobalt stood off in the distance, restlessly searching. He had been acting like this for quite a while now...she couldn't figure it out, and yet, he seemed so very determined.

" Come now, Iyika. You too Cobalt! Ive got something you two will enjoy!" Her mind shifted to the large meat steak in the cavern she kept sheltered in. Upon arriving and feeding the wolves, she sat, resting against the cool dark wall and drifted off to sleep.

soren
Originally posted by Esaul
((when i have someone speak in italicts, then the character is not important. if it isn't in italicts, then the character is important. Role play from where you are from.))

Salnor

Twas the third night of the onslaught, as you and your men fight vigorously to slow down the on coming attack. What was it that drove those foul beast so viciously to make them want to kill hundreds of innocent people? The king of the land, Falor commanded that all available men set forth to the walls of Jala, to protect the lands. This, you and your comrades knew was a foolish attempt at something you knew would go wrong. You had tried to protest with the others, but he would not listen to your reasoning. You had no choice but to listen to your lord's commands.

"Hold your ground you men of Salnor!" spoke the warlord loudly. "We shall fight until the bitter end. You shall not let your swords fall from your hand. Do not let the shattering of your shields slow you down my brethren. Fight for your cause, the cause of being free!" exclaimed the man. "What say you sons and daughters of Gowarla? Shall you fight for your freedom, or run as cowards with tails between your legs?"

As the warlord spoke, the men charged toward the on coming crowd of varders, orcs, and other creatures. Dragons were in the air, swooping down, grabbing men with their claws. You did not fear the them at all. You were a man, you showed no fear. You and your companions raced to battle, carrying your shield, and wearing no armour, and carrying no shield. This was how it had to be. This was the beginning of the end for your people of Salnor.

Pasara

"-we are people of peace Ambassador." spoke a female elf as you and your friends sat down at a council hearing. "We shall not take place in your war."

This was the same thing day in and day out for your people, and it got tiring. The elves of Pasara were a free nation, taking no side in the war at all, and yet people still requested your people to aide them in the war against the Dark Lord, or in this case the High King.

"My Lord will be very displeased with your decision." spoke the Ambassador, turning around to look at where you and your kin were sitting. "I shall return, but I shall not be alone.

"Threaten us do you?" asked one elf, standing up, taking his bow out. "We shall not take in to threats under the eyes of Ithrail. Bring none of your men with you, for if you shall, I shall be the one to set this arrow into thy heart."

"Peace Elmari." said the female elf to the one with the bow. "This council is now dismissed."

Getting up, you and your friends head outside to the city of Kala, a city that was built out of trees, and anything else that the people who could find that was from nature. This was not the time to take a break though. Their was many a things to do. For one, the council has given you a quest to travel to the capital of Quar, Quarathian City, though it is feared that the man could speak true about the men coming. No one knew how far his fleet was, or how many he had broughten. For now, you and your kin thought it would be safe to travel the forest for a bit, doing whatever you wanted for the time being.

((For this, just role play almost whatever you want, until i start narrating this again.))

Emmar

Swords lay forgotten as you and your companions enter the Forest of Salnur. It is pitch dark in the Forest, and as you walk on with your kin, you realize how grave of a mistake it was to enter the Forest. Was it worth the lives that you have to enter the Forest just for the shard that is rumored to be in there? How could it be so, that it so happened that the shard was only within a fortnight's journey from the capital of Quar? You could sense foul play, but how could it be foul play? Who would want to lure you and your kin away from Quarathian City?

Crack

Something moved to the left of you and your companion. What it was you do not know. It could be anything, from a wild animal to a varder, but all you knew was that you had to be on your guard.

"Halt my good friends." spoke the Wizard Ithrandir. "Something is astray."

The wizard walked ahead, carrying his staff. He was an old wizard, but a wizard nonetheless. He was the lord of wizards, yet no one knew that at all. They all knew him as the wizard of the First Order, nothing more than that.

"Give light to a torch, so I may see what is in front of me."

Vincent Rachez (rachez is his last name, sorry.)

*he swiftly charged into battle, sword unsheathed, the sword shined brightly in the light. He always had his fathers pendant as a necklace around his neck. while he charged he thought about his past* "why did I do it?" *soon he hacked at the enemy, it reminded him of fighting with his father* "........."

Esaul
Pasara

A elf came running after the female that just left. "M'lady, begging your pardon, but you are requested a private meeting in the Queen's cell. My mistress asks of you to come alone."

This elf was shorter than most, but he was dressed in the same elegant clothing as the others. Strapped around his back was a bow made of redwood, something that he used on occasion when he needed a new bow.

"She mustn't be kept waiting either you know."

Salnor

A varder came charging up to Vincent, holding it's deadly sword in hand. It moved swiftly, and soundlessly, moving closer and closer. As it was about to swing, an elf on a horse shot an arrow at the varder, sending it away.

"Hail my brethren." spoke the elf in a fair voice. "Surely you are better than that, aren't you?"

Telia

The largest nation of the elves, Telia is the only nation to side with the High King of Quar. They stay in their country though, until they are called upon. You are here, preparing your tedious ride to Salnor, where the war is taking place. You are told that you can only bring what you can carry, nothing more than that. As you get ready to depart, the female elves threw flowers to the streets, where the elven riders trampled over them.

Tis a day of sorrow for the people of Telia. The elves would be departing, and most of them would never come back to their home. Riding ahead of them was their beloved elven lord, Lord Telnaor, son of Mithril. You mount your horse, eying your lord with great pride.

"Tis the day that we ride out to aide our brethren of old. We shall aide them to their is no one left to aide. We will not back down from this fight. Ride on elves, ride on, and make haste. God speed you all! God speed you all!"

With that the elves raced off, leaving the town behind, preparing their journey to the forgotten lands of men.

((from now on can people do what Wild Cherry did? do the underline tags, and tell what place you are in. thank you))

soren
Originally posted by Esaul
Pasara

A elf came running after the female that just left. "M'lady, begging your pardon, but you are requested a private meeting in the Queen's cell. My mistress asks of you to come alone."

This elf was shorter than most, but he was dressed in the same elegant clothing as the others. Strapped around his back was a bow made of redwood, something that he used on occasion when he needed a new bow.

"She mustn't be kept waiting either you know."

Salnor

A varder came charging up to Vincent, holding it's deadly sword in hand. It moved swiftly, and soundlessly, moving closer and closer. As it was about to swing, an elf on a horse shot an arrow at the varder, sending it away.

"Hail my brethren." spoke the elf in a fair voice. "Surely you are better than that, aren't you?"

Telia

The largest nation of the elves, Telia is the only nation to side with the High King of Quar. They stay in their country though, until they are called upon. You are here, preparing your tedious ride to Salnor, where the war is taking place. You are told that you can only bring what you can carry, nothing more than that. As you get ready to depart, the female elves threw flowers to the streets, where the elven riders trampled over them.

Tis a day of sorrow for the people of Telia. The elves would be departing, and most of them would never come back to their home. Riding ahead of them was their beloved elven lord, Lord Telnaor, son of Mithril. You mount your horse, eying your lord with great pride.

"Tis the day that we ride out to aide our brethren of old. We shall aide them to their is no one left to aide. We will not back down from this fight. Ride on elves, ride on, and make haste. God speed you all! God speed you all!"

With that the elves raced off, leaving the town behind, preparing their journey to the forgotten lands of men.

((from now on can people do what Wild Cherry did? do the underline tags, and tell what place you are in. thank you))

Vincent Rachez Salnor

"I owe you one." *he continued on hacking at the enemies, he was keeping a closer eye on his surondings making sure no more varders were sneekin' up on him, he seen one varder close up and slashed it diagonaly down his chest, and once again to make an X on it. he watched it as it fell to the ground, he smiled and went on fighting the other enemies*

Wild Cherry
Looking down on the small elf, Kei rolled her calm eyes, and groaned.

" Well this can't be good..." she murmured. " Fine. I'll go see what she wants, but im really not in the mood" . With that, she started towards the queens living quarters. Her wolves stepped forward to follow, but Kei chided them to stay back. As she continued on, they followed at a distance, untill finally she made it to the gates.

Esaul
Salnor

"Say not those kind of words now." spoke the elf still in his fair voice. "Tis not the time to be owing one, when one's life is still at risk. Fight for now, and fight carefully. This battle may appear easy, but nothing appears to be what it seems."

The elf continued on his way, helping others where they needed it. Shooting more arrows, he killed orcs that were coming toward other men that were injured.

((note to people that varders are rare to see in battle, and you cannot kill them easily. they can be injured, but not killed without magic))

Pasara

"Here you are M'lady." said the elf, bowing to the elf. "And now I must leave you."

"Enter" spoke the Queen. "You are the mortal who is here staying amongst us aye?" questioned the Queen, sitting up straight in her ivy throne. "Do not fear my good friend, for you are in good hands, as long as you wish to be in them."

"Do take a seat." she said, directing her to a chair that wasn't too far from she. "I just want your council, tis all."

Emmar

It was too late. Something had shot from the darkness, going after the wizard who was in your group. You, nor your allies could see what was attacking you, and none of you had lit a torch in time for the wizard who had asked. A low moaning sound came from the thing that had attacked them. You had thought it was strange for a beast such as it to moan like that. It didn't sound the least bit frightening to you, nor your allies. The Forest, as it turned out, was nothing more than a myth, or so you had thought.

"Fly!" shouted the wizard, turning around, once he got back up from the ground. "Fly now while you still have your lives. Tis not the way to go. It is a Lanor that attacks. Make haste out of the Forest!" shouted the wizard loudly, trying to get his companions to run.

"Nay Wizard." spoke Sainara looking around, trying to find the beast with her keen hearing. "I shall not fly for you." she said to the wizard.

Sainara gripped the hilt of her sword, walking slowly onward, seeing nothing. A branch snapped, which made her jump. It did not come from her, nor her compainions, for she was the only one walking. Whatever it was, it was coming closer and closer to where she was. Three...her heart started to beat faster. Two...sweat came running down her face, wondering if this was the end. One...she closed her eyes, preparing for the attack, but none came. This was her chance, she swung her sword at the beast, or whatever the thing was, and she had hoped that she had hit it, but she could not tell.

soren
(Ok.)

Vincent Rachez
Salnor

*he was still fighting orcs when, yes it happened, one got behind him and attacked him from there, nocking him to the ground in pain* "AAAAH!!" *he got back up and killed the orc, but he stayed on the ground too long, and there were too many surrounding him. He couldn't hold all of them off at once because they all attacked at once*

Esaul
Salnor

The elf spun around as soon as he heard the man scream. Taking two knives from his belt, he threw them at the orc, hitting it in the head.

"Aye, you are very unfortunate my fair friend." said he, offering his hand to help. "Tis not wise to fight one when one is so lightly armed. Take this, and may it help you."

The elf handed over his bow to the man, and soon walked away.

soren
Vincent: "Aaaw, I'm not good with a bow." *he continued to slash at the orcs, weaker now than ever, but he was holding back, he didn't want to give his secret away yet, so he kept thrashing through orcs* "......." *he wanted all this to stop now, but he knew it wouldn't, and he was a proud fighter, so he wasn't giving up, as he kicked and hacked at orcs, he spun around in one circle getting rid of the circle of orcs that started to form*

Esaul
Salnor

"Flee! Flee for your lives!" shouted a man, raising his sword in the air. "The wizards shalln't come to our aide, and we have no hopes of defeating such a vast army as this!"

"Calm yourself." spoke the king aloud. "Tis not the time to panic my kin, tis not the time for that. So be it if the wizards shalln't come to our aide. We will fight nevertheless. Come quickly now, form ranks and follow on my lead. No sooner, nor later."

Esaul
((this is a prelude, before any of what is going on right now has happened, so things can be less confusing. this shall be in green font to let people know that this is something that already happened in the rpg and no one respond to the post that are in green please. these are going to be used later as well. i should have made this the beginning of the rpg, instead of what happened already oh well.))

Salnor
Fortifur

Trotting at a fast pace racing through the dense forest, five varders were on top of black mare horses. They each wielded swords, gripping them tightly preparing to fight. They were racing to get to Mrae Fortifur, a small city that had someone they were looking for. They had to be careful by not getting seen at all, for no one can know what they were up up to. The Dark Lord wanted no one to notice that he had taken someone of great importance.

The varders came to a sudden stop as they came to a great wall. They couldn't go through the main gate, so they had to find another way around. The leader of the varders climbed off his horse, walking slowly to the wall before him. He sheathed his sword, extending his hand to feel the wall. Nothing was unusual about the wall, or so it appeared. He was searching for a weak point in the wall, making another way to get in.

The other four watched what he was doing silently, not daring to ask a question to him. He was their leader, and they would do what ever he asked of them. The leader motioned for one of the other varders to come by his side. The varder got off his horse, making his way to his master. He bowed deeply to him, and then stood back up again. He too sheathed his sword.

"What do you see here?" he hissed at the varder.

"Only a wall." he hissed back.

"Not just a wall. See right here." he pointed to a particular section of the wall. "This here is a weak spot.."

The varder took out a knife, and jabbed it into a crack in the wall. He began to try to pry out a loose brick, trying to get to the other side of the wall. The other four varders watched what he was doing with great interest. The leader did this until he got enough bricks out for them to fit through. They left their horses where they were. Each of the five varders unsheathed their swords as they walked through the market.

Passerby ran in terror as they saw the varders stepping into the market. People who ran the shops closed up, and ran through back doors. Guards of Mrae Fortifur walked up to them with swords drawn in hand. The varders stopped in front of them, lunging at the guards with their swords. The guards didn't stand a chance against the minions of the Dark Lord. Within a few minutes, the five of them killed twenty guards.

They kept on walking through the village, trying to find where the person they were looking for lived. They burned the houses they walked past, seeing that the houses had either women and kids, or they were just empty. More guards of Mrae Fortifur tried to stop them, but they weren't having any luck. Everyone that came up to them either gut fatally injured, or died.

"Rally your men as fast as you can." spoke a man firmly to another. "Make sure the defense is ready at once."

"Yes Milord." said the other, putting his fist to his heart. "It shall be done at once."

"Be off."

"Sire, the varders are killing the villagers. Surely our men won't be enough. Maybe we should-"

"Silence." cutt in the king. "We shall not let this city of ours fail. To your post."

"Yes Milord as you wish."

Wild Cherry
" Alright." Kei bowed, in a slightly apologetic manner for her rudness. She took a seat in the chair she had been directed to, and crossed her legs. She tried to keep herself from looking so uptight, but it seemed she failed miserably.

" My council, on what matter, i must ask?" Of course she already knew. She was always very aware.

Esaul
((okay, damn this isn't working. Going to start over if anyone is interested still, and i'm going to pick a random place to start for the rpg.))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.