False Advertising in Cartoon DVDs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
This is getting ridiculous. The new Robot Chicken release marks the 9th or so cartoon DVD that i bought which did not deliver it's promised content.
Here are some other ones-

Ren and Stimpy-Some of the episodes still have cuts in all three sets despite being advertised as uncensored. A huge and expensive box is in the works for truely uncensored episodes.

Beavis and Butt-Head: the mike Judge collection-All of the episodes are butchered even more horribly than they were on MTV and a one or two butchered scenes are included as easter eggs.

Robot Chicken-Instead of being uncut, all the episode are heavily censored as they are on TV and the commentary even bleeps out the word ass. The set included only 3 of the twelve sweet J cartoons promised, and both the christmas episode and the entire Teen Titans Segment has been completely removed.

Is anyone else sick of this shit?

tabby999
i dont see it so much in Aus but its crap how they can suddenly "find" more stuff to re-release a dvd set. especially if the censored stuffs supposed to be unrated

Cinemaddiction
Not all the episodes were cut. "Butchered" is being a little melodramatic, IMO. The set was never touted as being uncut, so anyone expecting such shouldn't be upset. The TIME LIFE episodes are the original broadcasted episodes, so you could always seek those out.

I bought "Robot Chicken" blindly, meaning I've seen maybe one episode, so omissions and cuts aren't that big of a deal to me. With an average run time of 12 minutes per, which is the same length as most other CN/AS shows, I don't see how heavily cut these could have been.

Darth Jello
the time life ones are heavily censored and sometimes different scenes from different episodes are cut and pasted haphazardly to fill cut scenes. the robot chicken DVD cut a third of an entire episode out and changed a lot of the music in several sketches.

Part of the problem (aside from laziness, which will hopefully be fixed in future releases), is that viacom has a policy of censorship that sometimes involves taking the original negatives and animation cells and destroying them.

Impediment
I was a little disappointed that Adult Swim didnt uncensor thier releases like Robot Chicken and ATHF, profanity wise, I mean.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Robot Chicken-Instead of being uncut, all the episode are heavily censored as they are on TV and the commentary even bleeps out the word ass. The set included only 3 of the twelve sweet J cartoons promised, and both the christmas episode and the entire Teen Titans Segment has been completely removed.
Was Robot Chicken supposed to be uncut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.