Saint of Killers vs TOAA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vpokdekjyafmidp
well since The saint of killers killed the prescence, does this mean that he can kill TOAA. i really dont know much about TOAA though. so yeahh

bean_machine
No

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by bean_machine
No

Why.

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by bean_machine
No

Why.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
well since The saint of killers killed the prescence, does this mean that he can kill TOAA. i really dont know much about TOAA though. so yeahh
I think he only killed the god in his comic, which isn't connected to the DC continuity.

On top of that, has TOAA ever shown to have anything to aim a gun at? I mean, the preacher God had a throne he had to sit at to nullify SoK's gun. That means he had a form to shoot and kill. As far as I know, TOAA is a incorporeal entity.

vpokdekjyafmidp
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-oneaboveall.html

it seems as though he is physical.

the Darkone
They mean TOAA aka God not the Celestail.

vpokdekjyafmidp
i thought they were one in the same. so wait there are two TOAAs?

Mr Master
Saint of Killers eliminated a weakened Voice which is an aspect of the Presense, not the Presense himself.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
i thought they were one in the same. so wait there are two TOAAs?

Yes, there are 2.
For some stupid, uncreative reason.

Jabba the Hutt
well thats weird and confusing

Mr Master
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
well thats weird and confusing

Not that weird,

The Celestial overlord is called the One above all,

The enigmatic "supreme being" of the marvel multiverse is called The One Above All,

the Celestial version is seldomly seen

the other has never been seen, which is why I put his title between quotation marks.

grey fox
Hmm , this is tricky.

As earlier mentioned SOK knew their was a throne , their fore he had something to aim at before firing. But couldn't he just picture a 'god' and fire , hoping that his bullets would kill TOAA ?

Or better yet he could threaten the LT to tell him where TOAA resides....

bean_machine
Well since SOK was created, then TOAA can just uncreate him. He wasn't always the SOK.

Time travel, time reversal, any way we can and can't imagine him being owned by TOAA.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mr Master
Saint of Killers eliminated a weakened Voice which is an aspect of the Presense, not the Presense himself.

Youre wrong on both accounts. SOK killed the supreme being in the Preacher title. Preacher has its own continuity its not related to mainstream DC or Vertigo. It was just a standalone satirical series set in its own creation.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
Hmm , this is tricky.

As earlier mentioned SOK knew their was a throne , their fore he had something to aim at before firing. But couldn't he just picture a 'god' and fire , hoping that his bullets would kill TOAA ?

Or better yet he could threaten the LT to tell him where TOAA resides....

Thats just speculation and still doesnt resolve the query what if TOAA doesnt have a physical form. On top of that we know LT serves TOAA but has it ever been stated that hes seen it? He could just receive orders from it.

SOK could only take out the Preacherverse god because he wasnt sitting on his throne of power. If he was then SOK would have got wiped out of existence. He was made into the angel of death by the PV God in the first place and what he does he could undo.

If TOAA truly is the supreme being of Marvel as is suggested then theres no reason why it shouldnt win 10/10

Supreme being threads are ridiculous.

Mider
let TOAA die marvel is dumb enough to let it happen i thought the SOK never missed why does he need to aim?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mider
let TOAA die marvel is dumb enough to let it happen i thought the SOK never missed why does he need to aim?

Yes but he'd need a physical body to make contact with. Plus if TOAA is Marvels supreme being theres no evidence that hes a physical being who stupidly places the majority of his power in one spot like the PV God. That was the only way SOK won against PV God.

JohnR
The Saint of Killers killed a pathetic excuse for a God. Did that "God" actually do anything impressive in the series?

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Yes but he'd need a physical body to make contact with. Plus if TOAA is Marvels supreme being theres no evidence that hes a physical being who stupidly places the majority of his power in one spot like the PV God. That was the only way SOK won against PV God.

If TOAA is Supreme, than if he wants, he would get himself a physical body or any form, and in any form, SOK wouldn't be able to hurt him and would be wiped out of existence. That is why it is called Supreme being.
It's stupid to compare anyone, no matter what power to Supreme being.
I think Marvel doesn't want to show TOAA, because, I mean wouldn't be stupid to involve someone almighty, than all villains, all threats would be meanigless. To be mentioned, it's OK, but to be shown and to get involved somewhere, would be stupid. That is why something like that will never happen.

Sixth_Winged
Didn't Preacherverse God died because he left his major chunks of his powers in his throne or something?

Anyway, this would probably depend where SOK is taken from their timeline..or their previous timeline.. The last time we see SOK, he replaced and became God. If the most current version is being used here, this might be a stalemate being there is no such thing as infinity > infinity.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Didn't Preacherverse God died because he left his major chunks of his powers in his throne or something?

Anyway, this would probably depend where SOK is taken from their timeline..or their previous timeline.. The last time we see SOK, he replaced and became God. If the most current version is being used here, this might be a stalemate being there is no such thing as infinity > infinity.

I didnt interpret that last scene as him replacing and becoming God. He killed God out revenge and with his work done he just sat down on the throne and went to sleep and thats the last we saw of him. So that would be speculation to say he became God.

Sixth_Winged
well since he did sit on the throne, that's basically where preacher verse god placed his powers unto and would make him into one if he had tapped onto it.

But yeah, i'd have to go with you there GS. Since it hasn't happened, it's still speculation.

leonidas

there are differing scales of infinity, so in that sense yes, infinity can be greater than infinity . . .

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by leonidas
there are differing scales of infinity, so in that sense yes, infinity can be greater than infinity . . .

I'd have to disagree with that. Those who claimed to infinite and then proven to be defeatable could be argued not to be infinite in the first place.

GalacticStorm
well since he did sit on the throne, that's basically where preacher verse god placed his powers unto and would make him into one.

Says who? We know the PV God could do that, we dont know if just anyone could do that. I think it was more of a comedic moment him slouching on Gods throne after a hard days work and then going to sleep. There was nothing there to indicate that he became God or that just anyone could gain Gods powers by sitting on the throne. With it all up in the air like that it would be speculation to say he did indeed go on to become PV's new supreme being.

leonidas
I'd have to disagree with that. Those who claimed to infinite and then proven to be defeatable could be argued not to be infinite in the first place.

i was speaking mathematically.

http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1008254.html

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas

yes

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8809194328.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8809204295.jpg&s=x11

Superherovandal
there are different values for infinity and less or greater for instance if u asked for the last negative # u wouldn't be able to as there is an infinite # but if u asked for all #s that if infinity but a larger infinity. # of all #s > # of negative #s

willRules
Nobody can beat TOAA hence the name..............

JohnR
Originally posted by willRules
Nobody can beat TOAA hence the name..............

Well, it's just a name lesser beings gave him. He's actually just the local creator god in charge of the Marvel Multiverse and reports to TOATOAA, who in turn reports to TOATOATOAA, and so on.

Richrf
T

Supreme being threads are ridiculous.

Except when we are talking about PF eh? Then suddenly, it's okay to fill your post with crap about God, and how PF is an aspect of one, and hence unbeatable.

Richrf
yes

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8809194328.jpg&s=x11

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8809204295.jpg&s=x11

Not bad for a comic book. But it explains it wrong!

Tshern
Who's Saint of Killers anyway? I know the American guy called Saint of Killers, but I guess you're not talking about him. So if someone has a bio or cares to explain I'm all ears (or eyes)

Juntai
Originally posted by Tshern
Who's Saint of Killers anyway? I know the American guy called Saint of Killers, but I guess you're not talking about him. So if someone has a bio or cares to explain I'm all ears (or eyes) It's from Preacher comics. I only own the Gone to Texas paperback, where he's introduced.He's a coyboy.... Seems he cannot be harmed in any manner, and makes any shot he wants, and can kill any being with his guns. Given that he can't miss and can't be stopped in really any manner, he basically waltzed through all the human and angelic competition we see him going against with a predatory streak of a soulless man who could stare down the devil himself. He moves slow and methodic, since nothing can budge him or slow him, eventually he'll level his gun, and kill his target. Jesse's 'Word of God' worked on him in one of the stories there-in, telling him to put his guns away. He did it, and then just sneered back and replied "I'm gonna kill you." to Jesse.

Tshern
Thanks a lot. Sounds like a crappy character, though I really can't do any valid judgements here...

JohnR
Here's a link to the Saint of Killers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_of_Killers

Juntai
Thanks a lot. Sounds like a crappy character, though I really can't do any valid judgements here... He's not meant to be a 'good character', he is just meant to be able to kill anything. They release him because he's the only one that can kill Genesis, which is greater than God and the Devil, because God is the highest representation of good, the devil is the highest representation of evil, but Genesis is composed of both. Which just so happens to be bonded with Jesse.

Tshern

Juntai

Tshern
What is his point in the story? Antagonist of someone or what?

Juntai
What is his point in the story? Antagonist of someone or what? When Genesis came and entered Jesse, Heaven and Hell paniced, and some angels decided to release The Saint of Killers to fix it.

He just kills. That's all he does.
He kills anything and everything without effort.

Tshern
I'm starting to understand why he was named like that.

Edit: And thanks again.

SoulDevourer
the "god" that SOK killed was not omnipotent & was not the real god (the real thing would be beyond death so "killing god" make no sense, same goes for the devil)

the "real" god in the preacher universe is the Angel of Death apprently & is way way more powerfull than god or the devil

Mindset
What are you talking about?

SOK was the Angel of Death.

SoulDevourer
just 4 the sake of it eh? big grin

yeeeaah whatever it make no difference, AOD is the real god in preacherverse that wuz my point

Mindset
Except he isn't the real god, and I really have no idea what you're talking about.

iceman24567
Yes i am very confused.....

Knowsbleed33
Why was this bumped?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindset
Except he isn't the real god, and I really have no idea what you're talking about. in EFFECT hes the real god (omnipotent, truely immortal & all that) thats what I ment but im sure u knew that

the guy he killed was called "god" but was not omnipotent not immortal not nothing (didnt even have his powers if he wasnt sitting on his throne LOL)

its like the "god" in Image comics its not the real god of Image (Man of Miracles is the real thing)
get it?

Mindset
SOK wasn't omnipotent.

He wasn't god.

Holographical
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
the "god" that SOK killed was not omnipotent & was not the real god (the real thing would be beyond death so "killing god" make no sense, same goes for the devil) Comic book laws... in a comic, god can die.

SoulDevourer
ok ok then I guess Preacher verse has no real god then hey I'm fine with that ^^ but SOK comes closest to the real thing anyway

Knowsbleed33
Santa is more powerful than SoK.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Holographical
Comic book laws... in a comic, god can die. MoM cant (wth even his creations like God Satan Urizen etc they all can't die)
TOAA cant die

so on...

Mindset
ok ok then I guess Preacher verse has no real god then hey I'm fine with that ^^ but SOK comes closest to the real thing anyway Not really.

God on his throne and Genesis > SOK

celestialdemon
SOK loses.

guy222
TOAA FTW

SoulDevourer
yeah but only on his throne big deal

hey this give me idea for a new thread check it out !

Mindset
yeah but only on his throne big deal

hey this give me idea for a new thread check it out ! The big deal is that shows SOK isn't the closet thing to god.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.