The Amulet of Calliban

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tarvos
Prologue

The dark type of aura that flooded the dim shrine was aphotic. A large statue of some sort of... monstrosity stood tall and lurid in between two goblets that held green flames. A cloaked figure stood in front of the shrine, holding a dagger, gleaming and burnished, up to the statue. The pale face under the hood of the figure had sunken eyes with a cold stare. He started to speak.

"Soon, my master, I will transform the Titanian Kingdom into what it should be. I have already retrieved the dagger. Now what must I do?"

The statue's eyes started to glow green. A supernatural voice said "Good, my minion. The next step is to retrieve... my amulet. It is what will make me all powerful once again. After you've returned with it, give it to me and I will be free. We will then create a new monarchy... You will rule as a Usurper, and I will be the Lord of Titania once again...."

"It will be done. I will return with your amulet."

He slowly started to turn, and walked out of the room. As he walked through the other corridors of the structure, he'd thought about what he'd have to do.

The amulet... I wonder what could be... How strong will Calliban be once he has it? It doesn't matter... I will have even more power once he has the amulet, and I shall rule even more!

He emerged from the ancient temple that stood approximately 9,000 meters from the Titanian Kingdom stronghold. That's where he was heading.

Tarvos
Chapter I

In the large metropolis of the Titania Stronghold, a high balcony hovered over the citizens of Titania. On the balcony stood a elderly man with a maroon cloak. The royal guards that were standing on either side of him held Titanian bladed staffs. The man in maroon, who was the king of Titania, spoke in a proud voice to the townsfolk below him.

"Dear citizens of Titania! I have good news for you! I, King Halken, have provided our knights with new, more durable battle armor, along with new weapons. This will help them stop the Obelisk Army and their dark lord. Soon, the world will be over, and we will once again live in peace."

The crowd of commoners cheered wildly as King Halken left his balcony. He turned and walked back into his castle with the royal guards following. Halken thought about the Obelisks and their threat. The Obelisks were an ancient race of creatures that used their monstrous powers to destroy whoever opposed him. Their master was Calliban, an evil so twisted and malevolent that he would destroy a kingdom and leave the destroyed city laughing. Even after his death, many of his followers continued to study the power of the Obelisks and used it to do whatever they please. And now they were using it to take over Titania, and resurrect their ancient ruler so the Obelisks will once again become all powerful.

Tarvos
Chapter II

The great structure that towered over the Titanian Stronghold was none other than the Tower of Utano. This enormous monolith was home to the Knights, where they came to train, rest, and learn. One Knight who was known for destroying an entire group of Obelisk Elites was named was Chyis Soar. His purple eyes shined brightly in the sunlight that was striking down on the tower. His golden armor, which classified him as an Elite Knight. Behind him, his sister Aras Soar sat on the ground, polishing her long sword.

"Hey Chyis. I've been wondering.... how strong exactly is an Obelisk?" Aras said. She was a fifteen-year-old fairly new to the army of Knights, but she had already surpassed most new Knights.
"Well... They vary from place to place. When there is more dark energy in the area, they can become as strong as an Elite such as myself. If the Obelisks attacked the Titanian Stronghold, they'd be quite weak. You could probably take about ten of them if that were the case."
"I see. Did you know that I'm studying sorcery now?"
"Actually, no, I didn't. I didn't get much into sorcery when I was your age, it;s very difficult. I prefer my sword, anyways. But if you're good at it, I don't suppose why you wouldn't."

Aras nodded and put away her sword. She started to stretch and got up, starting to walk away from the tower. Chyis looked up and wondered if his sister was ready for her next step of training.

Tarvos
Chapter III

A Titanian Sky Dragon carrying a cloaked man flew through the night sky. The figure that rode on it had eyes that glowed like two suns. A monastery that looked about 1,000 years old came into view, but only its entrance showed. The structure was somewhat inside a hill, with the entrance hidden in between two other hills. The entrance, which was a stone monolith, came out of the base of the hill so that the monastery itself was underground.

The Sky Dragon landed as the mysterious man got off and started to walk to the stone entrance. There was no apparent way to open it except for a cylindrical hole dug straight into the door. The figure reached into his cloak and pulled out a metal artifact that was laced and lined with gold. He placed the small artifact into the hole and turned it. The stone suddenly slid open, and the man entered.

He started down a corridor until he came to a large room with small goblets that seemed to hold glowing crystals which illuminated the room. In front of him was a statue of the same person he had spoke to earlier, except this time he held a scepter. At the very top of the scepter was small scroll of some sort. He approached the statue and removed the scroll from the scepter. Taking caution, he slowly unrolled the scroll and started reading it.

"Not exactly what I was looking for," he said, "but it is imperative in my next step in finding the amulet..."

He put the scroll into his pocket and walked out the structure, his eyes glowing more brightly than before.

ESB - 1138
Bravo. Hope you post more

Jonathan Mark
Hmm... I would suggested increasing the length of your chapters.

Otherwise, pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.