QUASAR vs. GLADIATOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
AVENGER VS. GUARDSMAN WHO WINS.

Lucid Lui
Quasar wins more often than not.

Here's the only physical confrontation they've had (I think)...

1. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3484/vsquasar016oj.jpg
2. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1502/vsquasar027md.jpg
3. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/886/vsquasar037js.jpg
4. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1286/vsquasar049mi.jpg
5. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4453/vsquasar059kd.jpg
6. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6914/vsquasar061cb.jpg
7. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8406/vsquasar078qu.jpg

Horrificus
Quasar

10/10

leonidas
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Quasar wins more often than not.

Here's the only physical confrontation they've had (I think)...

1. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3484/vsquasar016oj.jpg
2. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1502/vsquasar027md.jpg
3. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/886/vsquasar037js.jpg
4. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1286/vsquasar049mi.jpg
5. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4453/vsquasar059kd.jpg
6. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6914/vsquasar061cb.jpg
7. http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8406/vsquasar078qu.jpg

what on earth in any of those scans would lead you to say q would win the majority?? he couldn't even DISLODGE glads. instead of holding him (which glads was doing easily AND causing harm while doing) what if glads would have drawn q toward him and started pummeling him? if he felt his grip THROUGH his aura, would would a few punches have done?? cripes, bb's scream IN HIS EAR didn't ko glads. that's among the better durability feats i've seen. bb's ko'd hulk with that. i've never seen a scan of q doing more damage than glads has dished out (glads has broken planets) nor has he done more damage than glads has shown able to survive (he's gone through stars and survived planetary destruction level blasts). i think it would be tough for q to ko him. he'd need to be very smart.

glads smashed his constructs and all he did was flex! there is another image where q makes a dome glads is hitting, with a bunch of other heroes -- the dome lasts for a panel or 2, but it's at least debateable if glads could break free of an even stronger construct given a little time.

q could win, but he'd need to be really creative, and i really don't get how any of those scans show any sort of SUPPORT for the notion that q could beat him. hell, it didn't even seem like glads WANTED to fight. he didn't even throw a punch, or use any of his other powers.

The Fake Macoy
BB just whispered in Gladiator's ear, he didn't shout.

leonidas
usually a whisper is all it takes . . .

Validus
Quasar

He knocked out the Watcher ya know. cool

Scoobless
If Quasar gave him a full spectrum blast he would hit on the frequencies Glad is weak against and win pretty easily

Horrificus
Originally posted by leonidas
what on earth in any of those scans would lead you to say q would win the majority?? he couldn't even DISLODGE glads. instead of holding him (which glads was doing easily AND causing harm while doing) what if glads would have drawn q toward him and started pummeling him? if he felt his grip THROUGH his aura, would would a few punches have done?? cripes, bb's scream IN HIS EAR didn't ko glads. that's among the better durability feats i've seen. bb's ko'd hulk with that. i've never seen a scan of q doing more damage than glads has dished out (glads has broken planets) nor has he done more damage than glads has shown able to survive (he's gone through stars and survived planetary destruction level blasts). i think it would be tough for q to ko him. he'd need to be very smart.

glads smashed his constructs and all he did was flex! there is another image where q makes a dome glads is hitting, with a bunch of other heroes -- the dome lasts for a panel or 2, but it's at least debateable if glads could break free of an even stronger construct given a little time.

q could win, but he'd need to be really creative, and i really don't get how any of those scans show any sort of SUPPORT for the notion that q could beat him. hell, it didn't even seem like glads WANTED to fight. he didn't even throw a punch, or use any of his other powers.

Q was not trying to defeat him. He was trying to get his folks away, while he defused the situation.
All he said is that he could feel Glads through the aura. Wow! Big feat.
Q didn't even do anything to him, except try to hold him and restrain him. If you know about Q's capabilities, you know that he was treating Gladiator with gentle care, compared to what he has done to abstract-level cosmic entities.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
Quasar

He knocked out the Watcher ya know. cool

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Scoobless
If Quasar gave him a full spectrum blast he would hit on the frequencies Glad is weak against and win pretty easily

when has he EVER used a 'full-sprectrum' blast? i also don't think he's capable the way ss is of replicating all energy types. if he can grab it he can control many types. that's different from being able to randomly shoot full sprectrum and 'happen' to hit glad's weakness.

once again, i fail to understand why everyone is so quick to jump on the quasar bandwagon. can he win? yes, i believe he can. easily?? no friggin' way and glads most certainly can win his share of these fights.

we know glads has flown 100x lightspeed, busted a planet with a couple shots, survived a solar-system destroying blast and even lasted for a short time against tyrant. we know what he's done to ego and how he's fared against ss when ss DIDN'T take advantage of his weakness. those are all on-panel. cripes i don't even LIKE glads (somewhere kg is laughing to see me defend him!!) and can acknowledge he can win some of these fights. so, let's do a little comparison. here's a question for all those very suddenly appearing q fans -- what's the greatest display of power anyone has seen from him? greatest destructive burst/display of power? all-round greatest feat? comb the respect thread if you must, but find his greatest power-output and greatest feat then we can talk.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Horrificus
Q was not trying to defeat him. He was trying to get his folks away, while he defused the situation.
All he said is that he could feel Glads through the aura. Wow! Big feat. Quasar seemed pretty worried that Gladiator was going to crush his arm. If his aura/shield wasn't at full power, what is there to worry about, just increase the shield.

Q didn't even do anything to him, except try to hold him and restrain him. confused Did you actually read the scans? ... Quasar tried to teleport Gladiator away and leave him, but he couldn't break Gladiator's. Whatever Quasar tries, doesn't budge Kallark at all, only Black Bolt whispering in his ear does the job.

Quasar tries to "hold him and restrain him" in the beginning, when Kallark breaks out of Quasar's restraints by flexing his muscles (Which is quite a feat, even if the restraints aren't as strong as Quasar can make them).

Then on the last scan Quasar has hold of Gladiator again, and all he thinks is "Got to keep his mitts off me or I'm...", then Lockjaw teleports away with Kallark.

Seems to me Quasar was having nothing but trouble with Gladiator.

If you know about Q's capabilities, you know that he was treating Gladiator with gentle care, compared to what he has done to abstract-level cosmic entities. Ahh yes, because Gladiator was obviously going all out. roll eyes (sarcastic) Gladiator doesn't initiate a fight until after Black Bolt and others enter. All he want is Quasar to return them to the ship and release his crew.

Horrificus
Quasar seemed pretty worried that Gladiator was going to crush his arm. If his aura/shield wasn't at full power, what is there to worry about, just increase the shield.
confused Did you actually read the scans? ... Quasar tried to teleport Gladiator away and leave him, but he couldn't break Gladiator's. Whatever Quasar tries, doesn't budge Kallark at all, only Black Bolt whispering in his ear does the job.
Quasar tries to "hold him and restrain him" in the beginning, when Kallark breaks out of Quasar's restraints by flexing his muscles (Which is quite a feat, even if the restraints aren't as strong as Quasar can make them).
Then on the last scan Quasar has hold of Gladiator again, and all he thinks is "Got to keep his mitts off me or I'm...", then Lockjaw teleports away with Kallark.
Ahh yes, because Gladiator was obviously going all out. roll eyes (sarcastic) Gladiator doesn't initiate a fight until after Black Bolt and others enter. All he want is Quasar to return them to the ship and release his crew.
Well, while I am bringing up things that did happen and didn't happen with the characters, you seem to be very good at knowing their intent, their thoughts, their fears, and even the ends of sentences that were never finished.
I am just thankful that you are here to do that.
You are right, Quasar was really fighting. Right, light shards trying to peirce somebody, and teleportation, and light domes are the extent of his powers.
You are correct. The fact that he can shrug off a blast from Galactus, hang out inside a Supernova and disintegrate Thanos all mean nothing. He sure couldn't have enough power to beat a guy that is holding his wrists. And for your inofrmation, I have been a Quasar reader for about 20 years, and only just joined this site. I wondered, immediately, why more people didn't recognize him as one of THE most powerful beings in the universe.

Lucid Lui
Well, while I am bringing up things that did happen and didn't happen with the characters, you seem to be very good at knowing their intent, their thoughts, their fears, and even the ends of sentences that were never finished.
I am just thankful that you are here to do that. Yeah, it's this crazy thing that happens when you actually read the comics instead of only looking at the pretty pictures. Writers and artists actually convey those things, if they didn't, why the hell would we bother reading comics?

And finish sentences? Didn't notice myself doing that. I typed the exact words Quasar was thinking from the comic. But yeah, i guess it's possible he was going to end the sentence with "Got to keep his mitts off me or I'm... Going to break into an uncontrollable lust madness and ravage him right here an now!". I think it's pretty damn obvious what he was saying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You are right, Quasar was really fighting. Right, light shards trying to peirce somebody, and teleportation, and light domes are the extent of his powers.
You are correct. The fact that he can shrug off a blast from Galactus, hang out inside a Supernova and disintegrate Thanos all mean nothing. He sure couldn't have enough power to beat a guy that is holding his wrists. And for your inofrmation, I have been a Quasar reader for about 20 years, and only just joined this site. I wondered, immediately, why more people didn't recognize him as one of THE most powerful beings in the universe. If you look at my original post in this thread, you'll notice i think Quasar wins more often that not aswell. I also think he's highly underrated around here. The guy's a powerhouse.

All i did was correct your previous post. You said "Q didn't even do anything to him, except try to hold him and restrain him.". I pointed out that he did do more than just that. I also pointed out that Quasar was having a fair amount of trouble dealing with Gladiator, which he was. I never once stated that the scans were an accurate potrayal of a fight between Quasar and Gladiator. They're not. Neither character is being written close to full potential.

Horrificus
Yeah, it's this crazy thing that happens when you actually read the comics instead of only looking at the pretty pictures. Writers and artists actually convey those things, if they didn't, why the hell would we bother reading comics?

And finish sentences? Didn't notice myself doing that. I typed the exact words Quasar was thinking from the comic. But yeah, i guess it's possible he was going to end the sentence with "Got to keep his mitts off me or I'm... Going to break into an uncontrollable lust madness and ravage him right here an now!". I think it's pretty damn obvious what he was saying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you look at my original post in this thread, you'll notice i think Quasar wins more often that not aswell. I also think he's highly underrated around here. The guy's a powerhouse.

All i did was correct your previous post. You said "Q didn't even do anything to him, except try to hold him and restrain him.". I pointed out that he did do more than just that. I also pointed out that Quasar was having a fair amount of trouble dealing with Gladiator, which he was. I never once stated that the scans were an accurate potrayal of a fight between Quasar and Gladiator. They're not. Neither character is being written close to full potential.

True enough. Actually, I am disgusted with what they have done to Gladiator. Dazzler beat him, I think. And Cannonball. And, I think I am forgetting another rediculous defeat.

I actually like Gladiator. My problem is that he loses A LOT. Marvel has turned him into one of those guys in life that has the ability to do stuff, but they always screw up anyway, and never get the prize. So, I always seem him as the guy that has a lot of power, but loses anyway.
same for Absorbing Man, Abomination, Graviton, etc.

Lucid Lui
True enough. Actually, I am disgusted with what they have done to Gladiator. Dazzler beat him, I think. And Cannonball. And, I think I am forgetting another rediculous defeat.

I actually like Gladiator. My problem is that he loses A LOT. Marvel has turned him into one of those guys in life that has the ability to do stuff, but they always screw up anyway, and never get the prize. So, I always seem him as the guy that has a lot of power, but loses anyway.
same for Absorbing Man, Abomination, Graviton, etc. Yeah, he jobs way more than he should. He does have a fair amount of high showings, it's mainly just when he gets dragged into the X-Men titles he gets written like an incompetent, so that other X-Men can look good.

He's appearing in Uncanny X-Men when Brubaker takes over. He'll probably end up jobbing to Warpath or something. I hope not, but i'm still glad he's appearing. He's got great potential as a character IMO.

JOE NUNEZ
yeah,hulk smashed him to...

leonidas
Quasar seemed pretty worried that Gladiator was going to crush his arm. If his aura/shield wasn't at full power, what is there to worry about, just increase the shield.

confused Did you actually read the scans? ... Quasar tried to teleport Gladiator away and leave him, but he couldn't break Gladiator's. Whatever Quasar tries, doesn't budge Kallark at all, only Black Bolt whispering in his ear does the job.

Ahh yes, because Gladiator was obviously going all out. roll eyes (sarcastic) Gladiator doesn't initiate a fight until after Black Bolt and others enter. All he want is Quasar to return them to the ship and release his crew.

good post. that's what i was trying to get at. i agree q could win some -- not sure who'd take the majority -- but glads is more than capable of some wins, and based on the scans it seems he DID have trouble with glads. the teleporting is a trick q seems to use when he wants to avoid a fight -- it's an easy win. don't forget that's how he beat . . . quantum?? neutron?? the star-covered guy in the imperial guard. and THAT guy also ko'd quasar, and glads is EASILY more powerful than he is.

sixth winged said something in a previous debate i agree with -- q seems to have more trouble with very powerful PHYSICAL opponents than he does with high-powered energy manipulators. glads (for all his jobbing) definitely falls into that category and if written well could beat q -- and most marvel characters. he DOES have potential, lucid, be nice if some writer did something with it.

guy222
bumprav

Tazer
Yo.

*smashes guy22 inta the ground for bumping a FIVE YEAR OLD thread........*

wink

Tazer

guy222
laughing out loud

stick out tongue

good to see ya posting again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.