The Authority vs the Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Let's just see which of these groups is the most powerful.

Authority: cool
Jack Hawksmoor
Swift
Jenny Sparks
Apollo
Midnighter
Engineer
Doctor

Avengers: baby
Thor
Iron Man
Captain America
Wonder Man
Vision
Giant Man aka Hank Pym
Hawkeye

The fight takes place in a deserted New York City with the teams a mile apart and each team gets 24 hours of prep time. Each team only get access to their normal equipment and both are bloodlusted. So can the Avengers hand with the big boys or do they still belong in the minor leagues? Who wins?

Mider
engineer could take them all out by herself add doctor its overkill

engineer makes an army of duplicates and destroyes the evengers.

Doctor makes them never exist

Laminator_X
Like any Athority battle, it's really, "The Doctor vs. the Avengers." Also, this Avengers lineup, while classic, its second line is far more physically vulnerable than the Authority. Give the Avengers Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and we'll call it a fair fight.

The prep time angle could get interesting. Who could build a better mousetrap, Angie or Tony?

AJ4LIFE
can u put in hercules so i can defend my man

DigiMark007
Hell, go ahead and give them current Scarlet Witch if you need to. Nothing the Doctor can't counter in the reality-altering department.

But how it is right now, it's close to a curbstomp. Thor would be tricky as hell, and I'm also guessing he'd resist the Doctor's transmutation attempts. He's also better than Apollo by most accounts. But once The Authority started taking out the Avengers' lesser members, he'd fall too....he'd take a few of the Authority with them (I could see him simply absorbing Jenny Sparks or something), but he'd fall eventually.

AJ4LIFE
so can someone make it official, hecules in please

TheKahn
Since it seems that the Avengers aren't getting too much support (if only they some type of association dedicated to defending them sad ) I'll edit the rosters to see if that will help.

EDIT:
Take the Doctor off of the Authority and Vision off of the Avengers.

Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
so can someone make it official, hecules in please

Well, see how people respond to this. If the Avengers still need help we might have to bring Hercules out.

Laminator_X
Without the Doc, I'll give it to the Avengers, with the Engineer pulling a rabbit out of her hat, or Jenny just massacring most of the team right off the bat as wildcard wins for the Authority.

I'm thinking it'll be more like: Iron Man and Thor duel in the skies with Jenny and the Engineer. The gent's do a quick switcherroo mid fight and Tony puts sparks in a bottle like he did Electro and Thor drops the army of Engineer duplicates like he did the Presence's bio-ghosts. Swift gets downed in the crossfire by Thor's winds.

Apollo and Wonder Man tie eachother up effectively until Thor arrives post the above to tip the scales.

Unfortunately while the above was taking place, Midnighter and Hawksmoor will have likeley splattered two out the three remaining avengers. Probably either Cap or Hawkeye will survive to be rescued by the powerhouses, but not both. Pym is toast. He's strong, but slow and not so tough. Jack will kick his face in in one blow.

Scoobless
no expression

Damn you ..... i can't take sides.............

.........against the Avengers that is!

evil face

*Prepares for retaliation from other KMC Authority members*

DigiMark007
mad

Blah, why join the losing side? Besides, I like Iron Man too....you can still like him and argue against him.

Even without the Doctor, the fight's still in New York. That's a helluva location for Jack. Jenny's actually probably a non-factor with the big boys (Thor would own her, and I doubt she'd hurt Wonderman). So it comes down to Wonderman, Thor, and IM vs. Engineer, Jack, and Apollo. Angie's survived a direct nuke explosion, and she's probably the least durable of those three. Thor's the best of any of them, but it's rather even.

I'll say the Authority still wins, but I'm obviously biased (and moderately pissed at Scoob).

TheKahn
Scoobless, just for that I'm going to kill a kitten.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/438/killunwantedkitten1fk.th.jpg

Scoobless
I can't help it...... The Avengers are the home team of most of my favourite characters

no expression

... and i'm only siding with them here because the Doctor was taken out

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless

... and i'm only siding with them here because the Doctor was taken out

Good point. It's like fighting the current Avengers without Sentry...what's the point?

It's probably still a good fight, it just comes down to how much stock you put in Thor being able to own the hell out of everyone.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
....it just comes down to how much stock you put in Thor being able to own the hell out of everyone.

Usually?..... quite a lot of stock ... yes

Laminator_X
The Engineer is definitely the Authority's biggest asset after the Doctor, but I still think it's likely that either Thor or IM would bring her down. I'm seeing IM recognizing her as a big nanite army and jamming her radiotelepathic controll systems. He's had a couple of nanite composed armors himself over the years and has anti-psi tech in his armor, he could do it.

(And I'm not even a KMC Avenger... yet.)

TheKahn
I think it could depend on which team made the best use out of their prep time.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The Engineer is definitely the Authority's biggest asset after the Doctor, but I still think it's likely that either Thor or IM would bring her down. I'm seeing IM recognizing her as a big nanite army and jamming her radiotelepathic controll systems. He's had a couple of nanite composed armors himself over the years and has anti-psi tech in his armor, he could do it.

(And I'm not even a KMC Avenger... yet.)

Interesting theory, but I'd take Hawksmoor in a city or Apollo with a good charge over Angie. She's versatile, but lacks some of the raw power the other two can bring.

And Angie's more than a match for IM. She's like a GL with liquid machinery, and has a database full of counters to nearly anything at IM's power level.

After Thor, I really think the Authority has the next 2-3 most powerful members. Wonderman and IM could hang with them, but they'd really just be there to occupy space while Thor did the heavy work. They also have the street-levelers owned between MN'er and Swift. Then it's a matter of whether the Authority can beat the others and gang up on Thor in time, or whether they hang around long enough for Thor to tip the scales.

Originally posted by TheKahn

"Door" comes to mind. shifty

Laminator_X
Originally posted by TheKahn

And what knowledge they have of the other side as well. Midnighter would completely own both Cap and Hawkeye if he got to study them ahead of time. Conversely, if he knew about their implants, Tony could probably off-switch both Midnighter and Apollo just like happened to 'Nighter in Team Achilles. There're funny ones we're not thinking of too, like Pym making a bunch of shrinking weapons and half the Athority ending up stuck in a bunch of microverses. (Doors wouldn't help, they'd just be small someplace else.)

All this is assuming we're not just making this a Engineer vs IM smart drone bake-off, which would be both boring and inconclusive.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Laminator_X
And what knowledge they have of the other side as well. Midnighter would completely own both Cap and Hawkeye if he got to study them ahead of time. Conversely, if he knew about their implants, Tony could probably off-switch both Midnighter and Apollo just like happened to 'Nighter in Team Achilles. There're funny ones we're not thinking of too, like Pym making a bunch of shrinking weapons and half the Athority ending up stuck in a bunch of microverses. (Doors wouldn't help, they'd just be small someplace else.)

All this is assuming we're not just making this a Engineer vs IM smart drone bake-off, which would be both boring and inconclusive.

laughing

Nice Clint

wink

AJ4LIFE
its cause u havent chose characters that we have chosen, look around on the avengers asemble on comic books to find out whos on our team so we can defend our charcters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.