The Difference Between Advertisement and Spam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
Obviously I have to clear up the difference between these two as it seems no one here knows the difference.

SPAM: Repeatedly posting a post or clogging up a chat window with the same post/text until it's clogged up the particular window.

ADVERTISEMENT: When you tell someone to go somewhere by giving a link or by commercials etc.

These are the differences so now you know.

DracotheDragon
I'd like to correct myself on the advertisement part. Advertisement also involves selling you something too.

ILoveMyDaniel
Sorry about your luck but this isn't a game.
I play a game whereas spamming is known as repeatedly typing messages over and over (Like you said) and well...this just happens to be a forum, not a game. Therein, Spamming is considered posting a link to your site, or someone associated with yourself, etc. It can also be considered what I said above, about posting more than once in a row (which is quite annoying if it's really intentional.)

So...now you know.

DracotheDragon
Hmm.. last I checked the dictionary wasn't wrong. If you guys go about changing things meaning just to make a pointless rule then something's wrong.

Uneeklyconfused
what if there's a carrot involved? ...wacko....

GCG
Spam is unsolicited. Its not warranted.

DracotheDragon
hmm.. the carrot may throw you off...

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
hmm.. the carrot may throw you off...

not if i get him first devil...

*Indiegirl*
Hmm.. last I checked the dictionary wasn't wrong. If you guys go about changing things meaning just to make a pointless rule then something's wrong.
its not a pointless rule... its a sensible one, If kmc let people advertise all of their forums etc this place would be completely clogged up and the there wouldn't be a point to it... confused

Uneeklyconfused
Originally posted by *Indiegirl*
if you don't like the way kmc is run then leave. No one is making you stay erm

^^

i blame the carrot ..crazy....

Bloigen
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/BooHoo/boohoo.jpg

*Indiegirl*
Originally posted by Uneeklyconfused
^^

i blame the carrot ..crazy....
damn those carrots... shifty

Itzak
More than 7 words + spam = not reading.

redcaped
One is sell...the Other food.

DracotheDragon
Ok Indie. I have been a member of this forum for 2 years more than you. And I'd like to say that it was never like this when I joined. The reason I had some 6 months of not posting here was because I was tired of people like you who always conform to society. What happened to individualism? If you cannot decide things for yourself, then what's the point in living? If you have to abide by a stupid rule that has no point (this forum would not be clogged up like that, I should know, been there, done that) then what's the point of even trying? If you cannot speak your mind what's the point of talking?

Uneeklyconfused
Ok Indie. I have been a member of this forum for 2 years more than you. And I'd like to say that it was never like this when I joined. The reason I had some 6 months of not posting here was because I was tired of people like you who always conform to society. What happened to individualism? If you cannot decide things for yourself, then what's the point in living? If you have to abide by a stupid rule that has no point (this forum would not be clogged up like that, I should know, been there, done that) then what's the point of even trying? If you cannot speak your mind what's the point of talking?

bad move....

Originally posted by *Indiegirl*
damn those carrots... shifty

damn them all to pot h*ll weep

Bloigen
Originally posted by Itzak
More than 7 words + spam = not reading.

You are learning, young padaOWNZER.

DracotheDragon
damn... those carrots are shifty... blink

Itzak
Originally posted by Bloigen
You are learning, young padaOWNZER.

happy

Uneeklyconfused
damn... those carrots are shifty... blink

yes...yes they are...shifty orangy veg-a-bles.... crazy....

Bloigen
happy

hug

shifty

Itzak
Are you hitting on me? no expression

Bloigen
Are you hitting on me? no expression

No. no expression

I was hitting you.

Itzak
No. no expression

I was hitting you.

Oh, ok that's fine then. happy

Lana
You know, if you've been here so long you should know the rules. I've been here the same amount of time and the rules about advertising are the same now as they were then. As in, you are not allowed to post ANY advertisements on the forums. An advertisement is any site that you may have a personal interest in, and is counted as spam. You can link to your site in your signature as long as it's not a forum.

No one here cares, okay? Deal with it, get over it. We don't care. We won't care. And you have to abide by the rules HERE while you are here.

ILoveMyDaniel
Hey, you deal with the mods if you want to gripe.

Originally posted by Lana
You know, if you've been here so long you should know the rules. I've been here the same amount of time and the rules about advertising are the same now as they were then. As in, you are not allowed to post ANY advertisements on the forums. An advertisement is any site that you may have a personal interest in, and is counted as spam. You can link to your site in your signature as long as it's not a forum.

No one here cares, okay? Deal with it, get over it. We don't care. We won't care. And you have to abide by the rules HERE while you are here.
And I'm with Lana on the last part, nobody really cares. I was just trying to set you straight, Draco.

fini
yeah, read the damn rules!!!!

hehe

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by fini
yeah, read the damn rules!!!!

hehe
laughing out loud

Storm

Itzak

ILoveMyDaniel
eek! Storm missed her... last... quote... thingy. ermm
She fixed it.

Itzak
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
She fixed it.

Not on my quote. shock

ILoveMyDaniel
Not on my quote. shock
stick out tongue

Storm
I' m not going to edit someone else' s quote to disguise a typo I made.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Storm
I' m not going to edit someone else' s quote to disguise a typo I made.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

I would.

ILoveMyDaniel
I would.
laughing out loud

pezza
Obviously I have to clear up the difference between these two as it seems no one here knows the difference.

SPAM: Repeatedly posting a post or clogging up a chat window with the same post/text until it's clogged up the particular window.

ADVERTISEMENT: When you tell someone to go somewhere by giving a link or by commercials etc.

These are the differences so now you know.

dude you cant walk in here and want to change what 90,000 people follow.
you are the only one who seems to have a problem with it, if you dont like it find another forum.

DracotheDragon
If you cannot accept that I am my own person, go do yourself a favor, and jump off a cliff. People that cannot see individualism for what it is are completely stupid. Like many, MANY people here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.