Joruus C'boath in episode II or III ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Heinous
It would be cool if Joruus C'boath appeared in episode II or III. He is a darkside clone of the late Jorus C'boath. "He would be a great accent."

UnknownBountyHunter
Are you implying he be Sidious' new apprentice? Or just pop up out of nowhere and ruin the entire movie?

Darth Heinous
Neither Bounty Hunter. Joruus WAS not a Sith lord. Most Dark Side force users are not Sith. His appearance is just speculation. He may already be "The Guardian".

UnknownBountyHunter
Many people want tons of their favorite Star Wars characters in the movie, but this would ruin the entire movie. Darth Heinous please refer some Star Wars books where is mentioned because I would like to read more on him.

son of rage
There is no material on Jorus C'boath, but Joruus C'boath is in the original thrawn trilogy by Zahn.
I don't think Joruus will be in it but Jorus MUST, he was palpatine's jedi advisor, he should have been in TPM.

Darth Heinous
Bounty Hunter, Joruus C'boath is in Heir To The Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. To read more about his background read Heir To The Empire Sourcebook, Dark Force Rising Sourcebook and The Last Command Sourcebook. Those are the only books that I know of that Joruus C'boath is in. Try reading Dark Empire, Dark Empire II and Empire's End (Dark Empire III)and Dark Empire Sourcebook if you want to know more about the "new" Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious.

Darth Heinous
I heard rumors that IF Jorus C'boath and/or Joruus C'boath appear Episode II or III, Sean Connery will play him/them. I also heard rumors that IF Thrawn (he's not Grand Admiral yet) appears Christian Slater will play him. However, these are just rumors.

son of rage
still promising rumores.

theEviljedi
Who is this Jorus guy?

Minok
You don't read the books do you? Jorus was a Jedi Master from way back and was cloned (thus Joruus).Joruus became the gardian of the emperor's mountain that contained all his collections and belongings.

Darth Heinous
I have The Thrawn trilogy novels AND the sourcebooks. I HAVE READ THEM ALL. Yes, Joruus C'boath IS the "The Guardian", BUT nowhere does it say EXACTLY when he became "The Guardian" or when Jorus C'boath EXACTLY died. This leaves some interesting posibilities for Jorus and Joruus C'boath (possible movie appearances).

son of rage
The actual Jorus C'boath died on the out-bound flight project, when Thrawn killed him and the other jedi master's on the ship. (before Thrawn was an imperial officer)

Darth Heinous
Read the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook or even better the individual sourcebooks if you can find them. It DOESN'T say that Thrawn killed Jorus C'boath. In Heir To The Empire, Thrawn was confering with Captain Gilad Pellaeon, (another favorite character of mine) he was talking about both Jorus C'boath and the clone Joruus. He SPECULATED that Joruus was created right before Jorus was killed. In one of the sourcebooks it mentions that dead body of Jorus was in the large stone coffin in the crypt of Mt. Tantiss. Read The Last Command to find out Joruus's reaction when he finds out he is a clone of Jorus.

Darth Heinous
Check out this website I came across about Joruus C'boath
theforce.net/jedicouncil/...ruus.shtml

son of rage
Trust me Thrawn killed C'boath, if he was on the transport with the other jedi master's when Thrawn blew it up, Thrawn was the one.

karoli
As said before, Jorus C'boath should have shown up in episode 1, but I think it's possible that he had already died. Thus only his clone (Joruus) might show up, possibly as Darth Sidious's new apprentice. Considering his insanity though, I don't think he'll be an advisor.

King Jedi
Who is Joruus C'boath?

UnknownBountyHunter
I doubt Joruus and/or Jorus will show up in any future Star Wars films.

Darth Heinous
No show for Joruus C'boath? He's still quite a character!

UnknownBountyHunter
I need to read about him, but a minor character even for a novel would be an almost definite no show in a movie. And did GL even approve of him?

Xizor
Jorus and Joruus were conected in EXTREMLY important ways to MAJOR topics in Ep2: Cloning and Emperor Palpatine. I'd like to see him be killed by Thrawn and cloned back to life by Palpatine where upon he becomes crazy. Palpatine could make him the guardian of the clone factories we must certainly see in Ep2. Hw could then open up a can on the unsuspecting Jedi as they try to stop the clones. I'd love to see C'Boath kill Mace Windu or Ki-Adi Mundi with force lightning.

UnknownBountyHunter
In order to see him killed then cloned again would mean that Jorus would only be shown for slight moments at the beginning, then we see his death, then his body is taken by Palpatine, then Joruus is cloned to a crazy man.

Xizor
Exactly. In the opening crawl it could mention the Jedi Counsel sending a mission to investigate rumors of clone factories on the outer rim. The opening scene could feature C'Boath and his fellow Jedi's on the mission being chased by Thrawns larger flagship(much like Leia's corvette fleeing from Vader). They'd be pulled in by the tractor beam and Thrawn could board the Jedi's ship with Ysalimiri and Bounty hunters, The Jedi die valiently(not able to use the force). Thrawn blows up the ship and brings C'Boaths body or just a part to the factories. We don't see mention of this again untill much later in the movie when crazy Joruus emerges during the clone wars battle to bring the pain to the Jedi.

UnknownBountyHunter
Mass deaths of the Jedi? Sounds dull to me. I would rather see the Jedi killed off one by one, by sabre-dueling with the sith and bounty hunters picking them off like flies in random parts of the galaxy. smile

Xizor
Oh there's plenty of time to see that too. Besides, how could something be dull if you've got guys like Thrawn, Fett and C'Boath facing off against each other? Great characters and action couldn't be dull, especially if this is a dark and sinister scene. It would set up Joruus's emergence later to use his force lightning in kick ass in 1 on 1 battles with Jedi.

UnknownBountyHunter
How True evil face

Darth Heinous
Joruus C'boath is NOT a Sith lord, but he is an EXTREMELY powerful Dark Jedi. If Joruus C'boath was paired up with Darth Rage, they would kick major Jedi ass! C'boath is quite adept at using a lightsaber. One other thing, Thrawn didn't discover the Ysalamiri until Heir To The Empire (9ASW4).

Xizor
See that unknownbountyhunter, Darth Heinous knows what's going down. If so many people think C'Boath would kick ass, then why shouldn't he be in Ep2?

Darth Heinous
Joruus SHOULD be in episode 2 AND 3!

Xizor
Hell Yeah, while he's their have him kill Mace or Ki-Adismile

UnknownBountyHunter
I never said he shouldn't be I said its doubtful, there's a major difference.

Xizor
Heinous, I'd rather see mentally disturbed Joruus screaming and yelling like a mad man while using force lightning to bring down the Jedi. How's this: In a climatic scene in Ep2 the Jedi are in charge of infultrating the cloning factoties on Mandalore and blowing them up from the inside, however they're unprepared for what is inside. Joruus works behind the scenes, killing Jedi before they can detonate the cloning equipment. While Rage fights a winning battle against a few weaker Jedi before falling to Anakin and Obi-Wan(Anakin submits to the dark side in order to finish off Rage while an injured Obi-Wan looks on).

Jon Jeric
It would be so cool to see this guy in the next film.Is anyone going to the book convention in Denver this year.

UnknownBountyHunter
I live in Colorado, not necessarily the Denver area, but do you have any info on where its at in Denver.

Xizor
Start a new topic on the book convention. Let's keep this one on how cool it would be to see C'Baoth in Ep2.

Darth Heinous
Who do you think would be the best actor for Joruus C'boath? I think Sean Connery or Donald Sutherland would be great choices. Christopher Plummer and Chritopher Lloyd would also be great actors for Joruus C'boath. Any of the four could act as the mad Jedi master clone. I think Connery would be the best since he is the closest looking face to Joruus C'boath. Watch the beginning of The Rock where Connery has long hair. Now picture him with a long beard going halfway done his chest. Walla! That's what Joruus C'boath would like if Sean Connery played him.

Xizor
In my drean cast topic I had Sutherland as my C'Baoth. Sutherlands tall lanky figure and long face remind me more of C'Baoth then Connery. Sutherland is also less well known and has some crazy eyes. They'd both be great however as they can pull off both good and bad characters, they'd bring class and powerful acting to the part and could also do a good job of having massive mood changes and being insane(Sutherland would be best here). If C'Boath did apear he'd be a HUGR crowd pleaser.

King Jedi
WOW!!!!!!!I seem to have stumbled upon this book forum again. I cant get the hang of these forums.

UnknownBountyHunter
Actually King Jedi this is a Ep.II related topic. C'Booath in Ep. II is a topic on Ep. II, it would be nice to read the answers through instead of making assumptions.

King Jedi
Really! I didn't know that Thrawn,Force lighning and book conventions would all be part of EP2, but of course you know best,I mean who am I to argue.

UnknownBountyHunter
Predictions on book characters connecting to the episodes is EPISODE II and III related. As for the book convention, I asked one question, I apologize.

The Maker
This character will not be appearing.

Xizor
leave some evidence pleasesmile

UnknownBountyHunter
Xizor, your digging you own grave, quit harassing Maker. And Maker, our opinions are welcome, and we can post thoughts on characters whether or not it seems inevitable that they'll make an appearance.

Xizor
I love Joruus C'Baoth, what do you think about him being Qui-Gon's master? (UBH, don't ever close this site, it rules!)

Darth Heinous
Jorus C'boath is NOT old enough to be Qui-Gon Jinn's master.

Xizor
What are you talking about? C'Baoth was said to be an old man before his ship vanished at the time of the clone wars. He could have been Qui-Gon's master, even if he was only 5-10 years older than him. Remember the C'Baoth from Heir to the Empire was cloned, Jorus wasn't still around five years after Jedi, that would have made him well over 100.

UnknownBountyHunter
Sorry Xizor sad 40+ posts.

Xizor
"Apology accepted Captain...." Now that this site is open again we can continue talks on how cool C'Baoth would be in Ep2. Let's hear some of the new guys opinions.

Darth Heinous
Joruus C'boath was an awesome Dark Jedi. He was the real Heir To The Empire. If he wasn't killed, the New Republic would have been in deep bantha fodder. Though it would have been interesting to read Joruus's reaction if he found out Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine was alive.

Xizor
Yes that's very true, Heinous, haven't seen you in a while. Check out my idea for a Jedi council as you're a loyal member with a chance to be on it.

UnknownBountyHunter
Where ya been Henious? Lots happenin' since you were last here. Also, where's yodaman?

Xizor
Heinous left again? I don't think yodaman likes Dim.

Xizor
Does that mean Joruus is cool?

UnknownBountyHunter
No, and to refrain from any further guess' I edited it.

Xizor
Jorus is cool, Joruus is way cwazy!! You new guys haven't talked about my man the Dark Jedi, so let's hear some opinions. To get you started I think he should be the cloned Guardian of the cloning factories on Mandalore AND be the one who fries Ki-Adi with force lightning. I will now listen to your queries.

Dim
Why doesn't yodaman like me?

Xizor
No clue. He showed up for like 2 days, made some cryptic comments about your presence here and left. Something from your involvement in the Force.net maybe?

Dim
Ha...What were the comments?...I wonder how I missed them...BTW, Mara is a Mod over there now...Guess that explains her absence.....

Xizor
Yeah, he said some bizarre stuff that UBH took for member bashing and erased. I can't exactly remember. It just occured to me that you haven't read the Heir to the Empire trilogy. You should go read them and then once you find out who C'Baoth is you can come back and respond on his site, Now for the rest of you new guys: What do ya think about Joruus?

UnknownBountyHunter
Well if it's erased, its for a good reason.

Dim
Oh don't do this to me!!!...what did he say?

UnknownBountyHunter
laughing out loud I dun keep track, ask Xizor for info.

Xizor
Hey I don't remember either.smile

UnknownBountyHunter
oh well, anywhoooo, is this topic gonna continue or not?? smile

Dim
well shoot....

Xizor
It best continue, but that Heinous's call. How about C'Baoth? What do you new guys think his role should be?

Dim
He should be involved in a gangland war over control of Tatooine with Jabba....(or has that already been done?

Xizor
He's a dark Jedi sweetie, now go read the Thrawn trilogy.smile

Dim
Sorry..I was thinking of Xizor...hehehehee..roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xizor
That would be a sweet role for Xizor. Yet he's to powerful and sophisticated to even bother dirtying himself in a backwater brawl witha Hutt, Besides he already pulls the strings in Jabba's orginiation. Have you seen a pic of Xizor yet?

Dim
nope...looked for one, couldn't find it.

Xizor
He's about 6 ft 3, powerfully built and rougeishly handsome. His skin is light green and he's bald with a black top not of hair. He appears to be about 30 but is more like 100. His species is reptilian in ancestory and his physical pheramones make him irrisistable to humanoid females. Xizor is incredibly fit and is a master of martial arts, fighter piloting and sharpshooting. He has a way with words and a deep soothing voice, to go with a love of art, fine foods and luxury. If I wasn't so blatenly Hetorosexual I'd hook up with him in a second.smile

Dim
Okay, Okay...now I have to find a pic of this guy...

UnknownBountyHunter
There is one in Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons. Go to Coruscant. Thank me later wink

Dim
UBH, how many SW books do you have?

UnknownBountyHunter
English-37
German-36

I have 73 total but NOT different books. I have 37 different books, with each version in both languages EXCEPT Showdown at Centerpoint which I only have in English. Its interesting to read them in both languages because Deutsche's don't use as many words, so the books are more clearer. Well to me anyways stick out tongue

Dim
Does your wife read them? That's alot of books for one story base...

UnknownBountyHunter
She reads some, she likes mystery and horror, she's a big Dean Koontz fan (why not), and of course she writes mystery herself so fits perfectly! And whattiya mean by one-story based? Do you mean books pertaining to just SW alone?? Well there's more than that. Go to borders.com, I bet going to Sci-Fi they could whip up at least 100 (of course they are including the X-Wing series)

Dim
Yeah I meant just SW...

I don't know how far I can get into these books...my attention span isn't that long.

Xizor
My top 10 will give you about 15 must reads. I own, 41 books, 60 if you include the essential guides, visual dictionary's, the making's of, cross sections and source books. Dim, don't ley your mind wander, focus and the goodness will spread.smile

Dim
Yes Master smile

Darth Heinous
Stick with the subject!

UnknownBountyHunter
You referring to us Darth Heinous? Or that useless comment posted by Sithmaster? Anyways, this will be moved to literature if the conversation continues, and I can't help but respond. Also if you count Star Wars Insiders and LucasFilm Fan Club Mags, the number rises to 54. Beat you Xizor stick out tongue Also Dim your attention span is shorter because your life isn't based on farming, 4 hours of sleeps, and boredom. Reading and the computer is my free time. I have no amusement parks, movie theatres, shopping malls (well if you don't count markets), and sports facilities. My time is occupied quite well even though it sounds negative.

Dim
The sad thing is that I don't have those things either but I still can't focus...I don't even have a TV...I'm just on the computer drawing all day...It is nice to have the option of being able to go to the movies though...but I guess you get used to it right?

UnknownBountyHunter
You don't have a TV??? Your probably one of very few Americans who don't. Anywhooo, if you mean a local theatre than yes. Also so I don't get confused in the future, refer to them as bioscopes that's the English term for them over here.

Dim
Nope, no TV...I'm a freak...

bioscope=movie theatre laughing out loud okay..

UnknownBountyHunter
What's wrong with that. Its a lot darn better than theatre.

Dim
it's something you'd find in a science lab....smile

UnknownBountyHunter
That's a microscope dear.

Dim
I know it's a microscope....you know what I mean...it's goofy, okay...I'm sure there's lots of things you think we 'Merican's do and say that are goofy...well, bioscope is kinda goofy...stick out tongue

UnknownBountyHunter
I have only heard mericans refer to them as theatres. Canadians call them cinema's, most Europeans say bioscope or cinema as well. So stick out tongue on you.

Dim
It's still goofy...it's just mass goofiness.

UnknownBountyHunter
Hey! at least our president doesn't well, you know, take presidential invites from National Seat Interns.

Dim
Ya never know...Maybe we should send Monica over to visit you guys...

UnknownBountyHunter
She'd probably be shot by Johannes Rau.

Dim
HEHEHE...Maybe we should then...

Xizor
UBH, I've got more SW's mags then I can count, so I'd probably beat you. Meanwhile I've yet to here some of the new guys(besides are gal Dim who's got no idea who he is) comment on Joruus C'Baoth.

Dim
Doesn't he get sent on a mission by Palpatine to explore the unknown galaxy pass the Outer Rim and get lost, or something like that?..Is that the guy?

Xizor
Yes, where did you hear that if you don't read? Either way you should pick up the Thrawn trilogy ang give it a looksie. C'Baoth gets sent on a mission with other Jedi to discover life on the very fringes of the galaxy. Not wasting an opportunity to kill many birds with one stone Palpatine sends Thrawn to blow up C'Baoth's ship. The Jedi Master is later cloned.

Dim
HA HA...I pick up on things now and thenstick out tongue ...I know...I gotta read, I either have to wait for the books to get back to the library or this weekend...I'm broke smile

Xizor
Thrawn and C'Baoth are mad cool.

UnknownBountyHunter
Xizor your prolly gonna despise me cause of this but 100+ posts, and new rule states bye bye! Closed...

yerssot
closed? it's open!

And last time I checked (and I'm probably wrong) Joruus is a clone (like Luuke) and Jorus C'Boath is the "original one"

Julie
I gotta read more smile

bigsef2
this post was dumb from the start and its still dumb. im thinking of creating a slightly smarter one where i ask if the entire 'friends' cast will make an appearance.

Julie
You do that smile

yerssot
big, there is a reply on the humor-section that you need to check out: http://forums.killermovies.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=93067#post93067

Julie
stick out tongue

bigsef2
Hahahha!!!! thanks for the link! that was great!

yerssot
well, check that section often, there are a lot of updates...

Julie
I don't think I've ever checked out that section....you guys are funny enough here big grin

yerssot
come on! you should check it!
not because I'm pointing a lightsabre at your neck, or that I'm the mod there, but just because it's fun

Julie
Well, that lightsaber is fairly convincing on its own you know....I think I will...you recommend a thread to start with?

yerssot
comments wanted, and you can go and read fun after that

Darth Ninja
As I stated before neither Jorus, nor Joruus C'boath will appear in Episode 2 or 3. Jorus dissapeared 46 years Pre-Empire date. That Jedi apprentice novel of him walking by Qui-Gon is a contradiction. Timothy Zahn, not Jude Watson, has the rights to Jorus C'boath (and Joruus). I read that Joruus was cloned after Mt. Tantiss was finished (sometime after Episode 3).

yerssot
well, it's EU, so it doesn't have to fit (if it's correct... NOT!!!)
And besides, it's still Lucas who holds the last rights, without him no star wars, no Heir, no Joru(u)s

queeq
Okay, this one's over 100. And C'baoth is still EU, so take this convo somewhere else. If the guy does turn up in Ep2 or 3 (WHICH I DOUBT!!!) then we'll open another one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.