did sin city recieve any awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
was it nominated or did it get any awards

DarkWizard
Not that I remember, no.

But I think it was Worthy of best adapted screenplay. AT LEAST.

rox
i was wondering because i heard no award buzz about it

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard
But I think it was Worthy of best adapted screenplay. AT LEAST.
No; one word: Ca-****in'-pote.

DarkWizard
Side note: Nice Avatar Solo, 100x100. big grin

THat SPR? BOB? TTRL? I can't put my finger on it...

BackFire
Had some outstanding cinematography as well.

I don't think it could be awarded for best adapted screenplay, seeing as from what I heard no screen play was even written for the film, they just directly followed teh graphic comics.

Scarecrow756
Lets just face it Comic Book movies and films like Star Wars just don`t get any awards because it is below the Academy or anyone else to nominate them.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Lets just face it Comic Book movies and films like Star Wars just don`t get any awards because it is below the Academy or anyone else to nominate them.

Well, the first Star wars film was nominated best picture.

That's about as good as it gets.

T.M
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/awards

Awards for Sin City (24 Nominations & 8 Wins)

Arachnoidfreak
It got the Teen Choice Award!? Oh snap!

Take THAT Academy Awards people.

rox
Originally posted by Scarecrow756

why is it below them

Bardock42
Err...if Mickey Rourke was the best "supporting" actor...who was the main Character?

T.M
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
It got the Teen Choice Award!? Oh snap!

Take THAT Academy Awards people.

Everyone wants a teen choice award stick out tongue

Originally posted by Bardock42
Err...if Mickey Rourke was the best "supporting" actor...who was the main Character?

Good point..

DarkWizard

I would say there is no MAIN character. About Each Character played an equal role, so I that would make the entire cast 'Supporting Actors', IMO.

Nevermind
I would say there is no MAIN character. About Each Character played an equal role, so I that would make the entire cast 'Supporting Actors', IMO.

I agree with you. However, somehow they do stupidly break them up. I personally would like to know how they do to that, know who plays a supporting role and who plays a leading role with movies such as Sin City. Like the Academy was able to differentiate roles of Samuel L. Jackson playing Jules as "Supporting" and Travolta as "Leading". WTF?

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Nevermind
Like the Academy was able to differentiate roles of Samuel L. Jackson playing Jules as "Supporting" and Travolta as "Leading". WTF?

Vincent had much more screentime than Jules did.

You gotta remember, John was in every segement. Remember Mia's story? He was also in 'The Gold Watch' segement. And the beggining - end segements.

Bardock42

Or all Main actors.

I think Hartigan, Dwight and Marv all played the main roles, and the others were supporting.

T.M

Ahh another good point.. I agree now you mention it all supporting actors yes.

wonner
Maybe somekinda MTV Video Awards - just a guess

Solo

You gotta remember, John was in every segement. Remember Mia's story? He was also in 'The Gold Watch' segement. And the beggining - end segements.
This is off topic but, personally, I think Travolta deserved the Best Actor of '94.

Nevermind

That's true, can't argue there.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Solo
No; one word: Ca-****in'-pote.

OoOoh! That's a big 10-4. I can't decide which would be more deserving.

ECHUD123456
I'm so tired of those damn teen choice awrds nominating R Rated movies and Terrible Rap music all the time, should the 8 and 9 year olds who actually care be watching that shit anyway? Theres a wall of dead hooker's heads. What next? Ahem. And the teen choice award for best film of 2007 is.......... *Aaron Carter Pauses ............. ICHI THE KILLER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rox

actually bruce willis "hartigan" was the main character

Wolfie
Sin City was easily the best movie below the Academy's standards last year.

GODOFALL1
Sin City sucked ASS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.