Wolverine vs. Superman w/ a Twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
For this fight, Wolverine has the same strength and speed as Superman. Who wins?

TheKahn
Superman. Without Superman-level durability, the first time Wolverine tried to use his strength or speed his body would be several damaged.

Wolverine2006
Superman would die...Wolverine would cut his head off.

Validus
Superman

More experienced with his own powerset plus heat vision really hurts.

Wolverine2006
So does claws in ur gut

Sixth_Winged
Superman. Without flight wolverine is grounded and Superman can bombard him with heat vision or freeze him then throw him to space.

DraconaInVolata
Wolverine would get melted by heat vision. Someone post what heat vision can do, please?

Validus
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
So does claws in ur gut
Not going to touch him when Supes is floating in orbit or vibrating intangible. That trick takes time to learn.

Droopy
Wolverine as Death vs Superman would be a good fight

Validus
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata
Wolverine would get melted by heat vision. Someone post what heat vision can do, please?
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7923/supermansheatvison2np.jpg

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Validus
Not going to touch him when Supes is floating in orbit or vibrating intangible. That trick takes time to learn.

WHOA!!!!

Thats being a sissy, Wolverine smells him and cuts him in half

TheKahn
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata

Since you asked so politely... smile

From Creshosk posts in the Superman respect thread:

In this pic it shows that Supes Heat Vision stated by them, "his vision is off the charts by any standard scientific measures". They can measure how hot a star is, but they cannot measure the temp of Supermans Heat Vision.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/863/supermansheatvision30nk.jpg

In this pic his power is waning under a red sun, but he still summoned enough Heat Vision to successfully power Jor-ELs planet-moving ion engines. The in this case had a mass 16 times that of Earth's.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6824/supermansheatvision17gy.jpg

Superman calculating the guys melting point. Wich also shows how much he holds back with his Heat Vision, to keep from killing his foes.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8360/08222005124926pm7ji.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3679/08222005125029pm5zg.jpg

In this pic, Superman is flying by the sun to stop the Cannabal planet from destroying the sun. This also prove that Supes is able to blow up a planet aswell. He also heated up a plaent with his Heat Vision before too.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7923/supermansheatvison2np.jpg

TheKahn
WHOA!!!!

Thats being a sissy, Wolverine smells him and cuts him in half

Here is the website of an on-line dictionary. Please look up the word intangible since you obviously don't have the foggiest clue what it means.
http://dictionary.reference.com/

meep-meep
Superman still has the ability of flight ice breath and heat vision. If he keeps his distance he more than often wins it. Superman 7/10

batdude123
Originally posted by meep-meep
Superman still has the ability of flight ice breath and heat vision. If he keeps his distance he more than often wins it. Superman 7/10

yes

Validus
Let's not forget about Superman's plot device power. Torquasm-Vo.

spetznaz
Originally posted by batdude123
For this fight, Wolverine has the same strength and speed as Superman. Who wins?

LOL.

At times I think you make a better Wolverine8888 than Wolverine8888 himself!
Maybe that's why your monikers are the similar (although 8888 is a higher number than 2006).

Anyways, at least you are only limited to atrophied logic (unlike Wolverine8888 who has other 'abilities' ...or maybe I should say handicaps ....thrown in, such as atrocious spelling - which he PERSONALLY blamed on some mental condition, I believe autism or something along those lines that made him flip words and stuff; and even worse logic -which at times he shifts blame away from himself by actually blaming his 'little brother' for certain posts).

Well .....the way for Wolverine to beat Superman:

1) Give him Superman's strength ....extra would be better .....in fact give him the strength of one of the following:

a) A sun-dipped Superman
b) Pre-Crisis Superman
c) Superboy Prime (especially with his retcon punches).
d) Superman Prime.

2) Give him the speed of Zoom (or better yet the fastest showing from the Silver Surfer)

3) Give him the intellect of Doom added onto the intellect of Reed (plus maybe a couple million neurons from Batman and BlackPanther)

4) Make him pre-cogniscent ....or at the very least give him telepathy at the level of Martian Manhunter.

5) See about giving him the magical powers of Mr Mxy (or if 5th-dimensional imps are out of service, then the power of Nabu. I also believe Wolvie can get a discount by opting for the magical powers of the Vishanti since they are from Marvel)

Now, do the above and Wolverine will ALWAYS win against Superman. In fact you only need a mix of any 2 or 3 from the above listing to guarantee a 100% win against Kal-el.

The only problem is the more 'powers' you give Wolverine that more you admit that Wolverine is simply not a match for Superman.
It is like the little kid who is known for being a little 'slow' being given some breaks/perks in gym class so he can 'feel good.' It's ok, but it just reinforces for everyone the innate lack of ability of the character in such a situation.

Wolverine2006
Fine...intangible...Wolverine still cuts him into pieces. Wolverine would turn intangible too.

inamilist
Fine...intangible...Wolverine still cuts him into pieces.

what....

something just seized in my brain....

batdude123
Originally posted by spetznaz
LOL.

Maybe that's why your monikers are the similar (although 8888 is a higher number than 2006).

Anyways, at least you are only limited to atrophied logic (unlike Wolverine8888 who has other 'abilities' ...or maybe I should say handicaps ....thrown in, such as atrocious spelling - which he PERSONALLY blamed on some mental condition, I believe autism or something along those lines that made him flip words and stuff; and even worse logic -which at times he shifts blame away from himself by actually blaming his 'little brother' for certain posts).

1) Give him Superman's strength ....extra would be better .....in fact give him the strength of one of the following:

Actually I made this thread, not Wolverine2006 and I'm no damn wolverine8888. I still think Wolverine would get his head crushed in thank you very much.

a) A sun-dipped Superman
b) Pre-Crisis Superman
d) Superman Prime.

2) Give him the speed of Zoom (or better yet the fastest showing from the Silver Surfer)

3) Give him the intellect of Doom added onto the intellect of Reed (plus maybe a couple million neurons from Batman and BlackPanther)

4) Make him pre-cogniscent ....or at the very least give him telepathy at the level of Martian Manhunter.

5) See about giving him the magical powers of Mr Mxy (or if 5th-dimensional imps are out of service, then the power of Nabu. I also believe Wolvie can get a discount by opting for the magical powers of the Vishanti since they are from Marvel)

Now, do the above and Wolverine will ALWAYS win against Superman. In fact you only need a mix of any 2 or 3 from the above listing to guarantee a 100% win against Kal-el.

The only problem is the more 'powers' you give Wolverine that more you admit that Wolverine is simply not a match for Superman.
It is like the little kid who is known for being a little 'slow' being given some breaks/perks in gym class so he can 'feel good.' It's ok, but it just reinforces for everyone the innate lack of ability of the character in such a situation.

Actually I made this thread, not Wolverine 2006, and I'm no damn wolverine8888. I happen to think that Superman would still crush Wolverine's head in thank you very much.

TheKahn
Fine...intangible...Wolverine still cuts him into pieces. Wolverine would turn intangible too.

No, he can't. It isn't a innate result of having super speed, but a skill that takes time and practice to learn.

Validus
He wouldn't know how. Supergirl had to study The Flash to figure it out.

Wolverine2006
Well we dont know if he has prep or not u Superman fans r just assuming it

meep-meep
Originally posted by spetznaz
LOL.

a) A sun-dipped Superman
b) Pre-Crisis Superman
d) Superman Prime.

I think you're being a little hard on batdude. I mean this topic only furthers the reality that wolverine needs extreme handicaps in order to compete with characters out of his league.

Validus
The thread doesn't specify prep so theres no prep. Plus Wolverine doesn't have a Flash to study from anyway.

BTW, Flash would kill Wolverine too. laughing out loud

inamilist
to clarify, i am not a superman fan

i enjoy the characterization of wolverine much more than superman (not including All Star, it roxors)

however, power wise, get real, even if he had the exact same powers as supers, the man of steel would win from experience + intellect

MuffinmanMike
So does claws in ur gut

Yes because Wolverine being stronger means that adamantium is suddenly a stronger metal.

meep-meep

With all due respect. The post starter never said he had this ability to make himself intangible. He just said super speed. They don't necessarily equal the same thing.

Also, from the way the fight is described it seems it a pretty sudden fight without any sort of prep. I could be wrong though. Bat, how bout giving us specifics?

batdude123
Originally posted by meep-meep
With all due respect. The post starter never said he had this ability to make himself intangible. He just said super speed. They don't necessarily equal the same thing.

Also, from the way the fight is described it seems it a pretty sudden fight without any sort of prep. I could be wrong though. Bat, how bout giving us specifics?

Alright, I'll make some specifics. The fight takes place in downtown NYC. Wolverine is achin' for a scrap (but he'll get his ass knocked out anyway shifty ) and he spots Superman. Right then and there, they tango with Wolverine's modifications. No prep involved! Good luck Wolverine2006! big grin

MuffinmanMike
If that's the case? Supes has experience. With no prep to even learn how Quicksilver effectively fights at high speed(let alone the Flash) there's no way speed will help Wolverine. He'll be stopping too early, too late, too much, etc. and getting hit.

Secondly, adamantium is an incredibly strong metal, that's not gonna be argued, but just because Wolverine is stronger doesn't mean his casing is. Chances are they'll just get in the way.

Finally, no prep and just wanting to fight, Wolverines gonna get smeared when Supes decides to bring it to space. Sure, Wolverine can follow(and we'll assume survive for the sake of argument) but even if Supes and Wolverine are both powered by the sun, the adamantium ISN'T. A quick sun dip will charge them both up...

And leave about 200lbs of metallic good. And when you weigh as much as Wolverine, that's a pretty good anchor. It won't stop him of course with Supermans strength, but any momentum in the direction of that thing with no experience behind the powers and he's losing even more time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.