All the other countrys got it right...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Altar[1stONE]
And what I mean by that , is Vaders " NO" . I watched the film in both french and spanish. And the voice actors for Vader really got that pain down right. They didnt really say no , they screamed in anguish. I just dont understand how james earl ****ed it up so bad, maybe he wasnt feeling it like these other passionate ethnic boys. Pointless thread, but i just thought i should point it out. So all of you who cringe during that scene, change the audio , you might be satisfied.

tlbauerle
The actual voice just compounds the fact that the scene ending and shot are stupid. There is far more wrong with that bit than just the audio.

Sesse
LOL?

Translating Star Wars. Who the hell watches it in anything else than english?

Anakin: "Perdon, Obi Wan. Tu esta mi enemy!"
ObiWan: "Anakin, tu esta no mui bien.."

Twilight Janick
I do. I watch the French versions before the English ones.

Darth Subjekt
well thats your native tounge though, right? I think he was referring to US people. The fact that they even had him yell "no" was more wrong than the way it sounded. If he had just yelled, even that'd be better. But I guess GL felt he had to tool-a-fy Vader before the end of the movie.

Council#13
Well i agree with it being good without that stupid cheesy "nooooo"

Alliance
Originally posted by Altar
ethnic boys ^^^ WTF?

Vader roaring would have been much cooler...and If lucas had actually given him things to throw around. Vader should have ripped that room to shreads., not jsut dented it...

Altar[1stONE]
Yeah I agree, just him screaming and that whole room falling apart would have been great. What if he brought the whole building down and they were left in the soaking rain . And a gust of wind blows palps off the roof. laughing

sithsaber408
laughing out loud

Yeah, he should have crumbled the building and roared.

(then ignited his new red saber) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
The rain would have been hilarious... AND NO SABER! EVER!!! laughing

The other thing that I had wanted to see was a capital ship carve a big trench in Coruscant. There was a concept art with a Star Destroyer crashing and just slicing though buildings... I think that this would have been very powerful and show the effects of the war.

Sesse
There was a nice animal cartoon "Tao Tao" running in finnish tv some years ago...

It was made in Germany and when it was running on screen, many people learned to hate translations.

Rabbit: "But we should really find him!... er gefunden!"
Bear: " Where could he be?.... waren?"
Worm: " No idea, could someone help ups?.... jemand uns hilfen?"
Bird: "Yes!...ohl!"

Altar[1stONE]
laughing

Beaver: Id rather sell my nuts to a castroti -- ScHUltZ!@ Heil!

Twilight Janick
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well thats your native tounge though, right? I think he was referring to US people. The fact that they even had him yell "no" was more wrong than the way it sounded. If he had just yelled, even that'd be better. But I guess GL felt he had to tool-a-fy Vader before the end of the movie.

You know, I live in Quebec, Canada.

chinabing
Don't you realize what the "No" was? It was Anakin's last gasp, he wasn't really Vader until that scream. Forever after that he was Vader, only until the very end.

It's very human to scream "no" at a moment of great pain and anguish. When people die surprisingly it's very common. Happened to me not long ago in fact. It happens to everyone, even Vader.

It was heartbreaking when he said "No!" A critical point of the movie, and I loved it. I can't believe the whining over a one-word sentence. It's a spectacular line, just bone-chilling. Sure after seeing it a few dozen time you'll get a little jaded, but that'll happen to any film you see over and over and over again.

Tangible God
Vader's "NO!" matched perfectly with GL's idea of a good scene.

Just like a certain Anakin character we know of.

Alliance
Originally posted by chinabing
Don't you realize what the "No" was? It was Anakin's last gasp, he wasn't really Vader until that scream. Forever after that he was Vader, only until the very end.

It's very human to scream "no" at a moment of great pain and anguish. When people die surprisingly it's very common. Happened to me not long ago in fact. It happens to everyone, even Vader.

It was heartbreaking when he said "No!" A critical point of the movie, and I loved it. I can't believe the whining over a one-word sentence. It's a spectacular line, just bone-chilling. Sure after seeing it a few dozen time you'll get a little jaded, but that'll happen to any film you see over and over and over again.

I just felt it was overdone and that there were better ways to express his anguish. Especially with the zoom out.

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by Alliance
^^^ WTF?

Vader roaring would have been much cooler...and If lucas had actually given him things to throw around. Vader should have ripped that room to shreads., not jsut dented it... There was,but it was cut,GL deemed it to be 'too powerful'.Check it out:Vader Cut Scene

henniestevens
that would have been nice to see...

Alliance
Quote from site "I think that it's a bit too much. I'd take it out. I think we've been too obvious. We need a subtler version of this."

Since when has Vader been subtle???

Delta 62
Yeah that would've been cool.. maybe it could be changed if enough people gripe. But like chinabing said.. it's not that bad. The people whining about it is ridiculous.

If I could have anything changed it'd be the music during the Temple March. Watch the TV spot on the second disc.. "Dark Side Unleashed" I think it is. The Imperial March is PERFECT with it.

Rhindon
Originally posted by Tangible God
Vader's "NO!" matched perfectly with GL's idea of a good scene.

Just like a certain Anakin character we know of.

In the end, I looked at it as not being Anakin's voice or Vader's but a combination of the two as the final transition was made and Anakin died. It didn't sound much like either one of them really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.